Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump says he wants 'my people' to 'sit up at attention' like North Koreans, later says he's '

Trump says he wants 'my people' to 'sit up at attention' like North Koreans, later says he's '

But was he kidding? Trump demands loyalty and respect from those who work for him. And he loves pomp and circumstance.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/15/polit...-un/index.html

President Donald Trump on Friday defended his warm praise of Kim Jong Un, saying his newfound affinity for the North Korean dictator was making Americans safer.

At the same time, Trump expressed esteem for the forced deference North Koreans show for their leader and joked he wished "my people" would do the same.

Asked why he's warmed to Kim, Trump insisted he was defusing a nuclear standoff.

"I don't want to see a nuclear weapon destroy you and your family," he told reporters during an impromptu question-and-answer session at the White House.

"I want to have a good relationship with North Korea. I want to have a good relationship with many other countries," Trump said. "We had great chemistry. He gave us a lot."

The remarks, which came three days after Trump met Kim in Singapore for an unprecedented and friendly summit, are likely to do little to allay concerns that Trump has shown too much regard for a brutal despot, one responsible for the death of at least one American and of countless North Koreans.
    Pressed on that record, Trump demurred.

"I can't speak to that," he said. "I can only speak to the fact that we signed an incredible agreement."

Since returning from his summit with Kim, Trump has referred to Kim as "funny," "smart," "very talented," and someone who "loves his people."

He's also spoken with barely contained awe about the displays of reverence North Koreans are obligated to show toward their supreme leader.

"He's the head of the country," Trump said of Kim Friday during a live interview on Fox News' "Fox and Friends." "And I mean he's the strong head. Don't let anyone think anything different."

"He speaks and his people sit up at attention," the President added. "I want my people to do the same."

Later Friday, Trump told reporters at the White House his remark was a joke.

"I was kidding," he said. "You don't understand sarcasm."

North Korea has perpetuated human rights abuses for decades, according to watchdog agencies, human rights groups and the US government.

In his first five years in power, Kim has ordered 340 people to be executed, about 140 were senior officers in the country's government and military, according to a 2016 report from the Institute for National Security Strategy, a South Korean think tank.

In June 2016, a top education official was executed by firing squad after he exercised a "bad attitude" at the country's Supreme People's Assembly. Kim's defense minister was executed in May 2015 with an anti-aircraft gun at a Pyongyang military school, before an audience.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 06-15-2018 at 01:46 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hmm; looks like Mr. Moneybags is raking in the money today.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

He ought to start making them play "Hail To The Chief" every time he walks in front of a camera just to freak liberals out

I hate this bull$#@! Bitching about every single thing Trump does just makes it too easy to ignore the left when they have their stopped clock moments

Fox & Friends love Dear Leader

"I was kidding," he said. "You don't understand sarcasm."
    If you have to explain a joke, it ain't funny.

Fox & Friends love The Donald, like NORKS love Kim Jong Un
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

He digs all that formal military stuff. Remember? (he also wanted a military parade for his inauguration)

https://www.vox.com/the-big-idea/201...day-washington

Trump wants a military parade “just like France’s.”

“It was one of the greatest parades I’ve ever seen,” President Donald Trump told reporters at the United Nations General Assembly, two months after he witnessed the celebration of Bastille Day on the Champs-Élysées in Paris on July 14. “It was military might,” he added.

“We’re going to have to try to top it,” he apparently joked to French President Emmanuel Macron, who was sitting nearby. But it was no joke. Now he has ordered the Pentagon to prepare his own parade, “like the one in France,” as one senior military official has recounted. However exorbitant the expense, it does indeed look like this might actually take place.

But the French parade has its own history — and many nuances in practice — that can’t simply be transplanted to the US. There are good reasons why the French parade is viewed in Europe and elsewhere differently from the raw displays of military force that Russia, China, and North Korea indulge in. With no similar tradition to draw upon, the US, if it mounts a military parade, risks looking more like one of those authoritarian regimes than like Republican France.

The French parade is not at heart a display of military might

The origins of the French parade are clear enough: The event is held on July 14 every year to commemorate the fall of the Bastille, the great medieval fortress and prison that stood for centuries in Paris as a symbol of royal power. Its inmates included unfortunate people who had been consigned there without trial by the infamous lettres de cachet, sealed orders from the king that were sometimes used by aristocratic families to get rid of inconvenient relatives. (Its most notorious inmate was the Marquis de Sade, imprisoned there on the request of his mother-in-law but transferred to an insane asylum shortly before the Bastille fell.) By July 14, 1789, there were only seven prisoners left, and the Bastille was used mainly to store weapons and ammunition.
    Indeed, Bastille Day in France has always been about people, not military hardware. It’s a celebration of the French national spirit — of French national determination to uphold the values of the revolution, liberty, equality, and fraternity. Today’s parades haven’t changed in this respect. The point of the event witnessed by Donald Trump was not to demonstrate military prowess but to demonstrate the nation’s loyalty to the idea of France, and the focal point was not massive pieces of military hardware but ordinary soldiers, sailors, and airmen.

The only military vehicles you can see trundling through Paris on Bastille Day are light tanks, armored personnel carriers, and tactical mobile artillery vehicles — and they’re there because they carry people. The combat airplanes flying in formation overhead are there to represent the men and women who serve in the air force, not to demonstrate France’s possession of the latest aerial weapons of destruction.
    All of this is a world away from the massive military parades that began to be held in Soviet Russia to mark the victorious end to World War II and were subsequently imitated by other communist dictatorships across the world. These really are straightforward demonstrations of military might, featuring huge vehicles carrying enormous intercontinental ballistic missiles, the latest tanks and rocket launchers, and all kinds of massive military hardware. Alongside them march ranks and columns of crisply uniformed soldiers in formation, their goose-stepping creating an impression of an unstoppable, mechanized force.

China regularly holds parades of this kind, marking the anniversary of the communist victory at the end of World War II, and, notoriously, North Korea parades its military might on almost any excuse, most recently in an attempt to upstage the Winter Olympics that have just begun south of the Demilitarized Zone.

These shows of force all have their origins in the determination of communist dictators like Stalin or Mao Zedong or Kim Il Sung to threaten and intimidate real or imagined enemies. With the country’s leader taking the salute on the podium, they are also the very concrete expression of the country’s enforced veneration of their person and the regime they oversee.
    More at link.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 06-15-2018 at 02:30 PM.

the article is from CNN lol
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    the article is from CNN lol
    The statement was made on FOXTV.

Trump said of Kim Friday during a live interview on Fox News' "Fox and Friends."
    Was the entire interview sarcastic? Which were the sarcastic parts?

"I can only speak to the fact that we signed an incredible agreement."
    "I don't want to see a nuclear weapon destroy you and your family,
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 06-15-2018 at 03:55 PM.

Jan2017

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    He digs all that formal military stuff. Remember? (he also wanted a military parade for his inauguration)
    Zippy . . . your reminder is . . . genius!
    But the border wall -
    to keep out the illegal Mexicans who have raped the USA immigration policy for decades to the detriment of every
    honest Central American and global nation -

uh, the wall jus' got 10 feet higher
    Last edited by Jan2017; 06-15-2018 at 04:06 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The statement was made on FOXTV.
    So why didn't you post the actual primary source interview instead of a secondary source?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Lol

$#@! can't find where to embed media on mobile

https://youtu.be/jBFKs-bQWzc

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    Lol

$#@! can't find where to embed media on mobile

https://youtu.be/jBFKs-bQWzc
    What if he is?

It's a sign of the complete retarditude this site has descended into that anyone here believes for a moment it was anything other than a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    If you have to explain a joke, it ain't funny.
    In some cases it is because half of the audience is not intelligent enough to understand it.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    It's a sign of the complete retarditude this site has descended into that anyone here believes for a moment it was anything other than a joke.
    Are you suggesting Zippy should stop posting this crap or we should really let him go?

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    In some cases it is because half of the audience is not intelligent enough to understand it.
    How dumb do I have to be to feel offended is the name of the game.

Libs have no sense of humor.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Libs have no sense of humor.
    It is really pathetic when you realize this. They are always sad unless they stop pretending their fight against human nature will ever succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    He ought to start making them play "Hail To The Chief" every time he walks in front of a camera just to freak liberals out
    They also need to play "The Yellow Rose of Texas" -- just because Texas is The Great State, and it goes along with Making America Great like Texas
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

holy sht people are so uptight these days or is it just petty scrutinizing because BLONAHD DRUMPFF?

Look we all know Trump like to crack jokes and we all know we say stuff like that with our friends, I know I do and my friends do the same.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

They also need to play "The Yellow Rose of Texas" -- just because Texas is The Great State, and it goes along with Making America Great like Texas
    TheTexican will appreciate your suggestion.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    holy sht people are so uptight these days or is it just petty scrutinizing because BLONAHD DRUMPFF?

Look we all know Trump like to crack jokes and we all know we say stuff like that with our friends, I know I do and my friends do the same.
    People like you should be sent to reeducation camps. There is no hope for them.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    So was everything he said to Fox sarcasm?

"I don't want to see a nuclear weapon destroy you and your family,"
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 06-15-2018 at 08:35 PM.

No. He really meant it.

No. He was 100% serious. Not a single irreverent facetious off-the-cuff remark. You should move south ASAP.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lol. with each passing day I'm starting to like this guy more. Might even vote for him this next go around. If he wins a second election the uptick in autistic screecher suicides are gonna be a bonus.

[Trump] loves pomp and circumstance.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    I'm still waiting ...

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    If he wins, I hope he makes his Secret Service detail wear flowing purple robes and feathered turbans ...
    Big scimitars, too. They should have big scimitars ...
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I'm still waiting ...

Big scimitars, too. They should have big scimitars ...
    He needs a uniform to signify his rank as Commander in Chief:

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Lol. with each passing day I'm starting to like this guy more. Might even vote for him this next go around. If he wins a second election the uptick in autistic screecher suicides are gonna be a bonus.
    I think a lot of US Americans are feeling the same way.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

I think a lot of US Americans are feeling the same way.
    Why was I such a chump to allow them to push me around for so long?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast