Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: White House defends "moral" border policy that leads to separation of families

And the United States is held accountable for the corruption of Mexico. Well known for over half a century.

It just goes to show you that even at its worst, no other nation is the moral equivalent of the United States. Nobody here sends their kids into large groups of people holding live grenades. This happened in Vietnam in the 60s. Islamists strap bombs to their kids or makes their kids assassinate people.

Find those articles, Zippy.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    So Zippy wants all the children to be detained along with their parents? Way to go, Zippy. You want all the little children to go to jail.
    Children should not be punished for the crimes of their parents.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    They shouldn't be rewarded for them either.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

They have already been punished by the time they get to the border. They do the death march in 100 degree temperatures with out food and water. Their parents force them to do that. At least the poor kids get a break while their monster parents are in jail.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    They have already been punished by the time they get to the border. They do the death march in 100 degree temperatures with out food and water. Their parents force them to do that. At least the poor kids get a break while their monster parents are in jail.
    What's the likelihood of a parent like this willing to sell their children to pedophiles?

They have to pay the coyotes somehow.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Local governments are obviously unaware of any of this.
    Alas, they used this to shutdown one of my favorite Mexican Restaurant and Bars. The popularity of the location led to late night Police calls, so the city all of a sudden had an urge to enforce immigration law.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    I can but wonder what might be the payoff for you to post these nonsense articles.

What's in it for you?
    Take it easy on Zippy, he's a dedicated member of this community and works hard all through the weekend as well...

No, they shouldn't.

Which is why this happening.

Is it the position of people that are upset over this that the children should be sent to adult prison along with their parents?

Because that is what would happen if you did not separate them.

Children are not a visa or a get out of jail free card. Follow the law.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hold on! Hold the phone! Wait.

ZIPPY (and TheCount) was one of the peanut gallery that mocked the reports of Texas Walmarts being converted into holding facilities back during the Jade Helm discussion!! Now, Zippy is posting threads criticizing the internment of people into CONVERTED WALMART HOLDING FACILITIES IN TEXAS!

This thread can not continue until Zippy and TheCount apologizes for mocking those of us that commented on the Walmart stuff.

eta: still waiting!
    Last edited by devil21; 06-18-2018 at 05:04 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post

First 20 seconds: "And this is a former Walmart that has been turned into a center for children."

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    ZIPPY was one of the peanut gallery that mocked the reports of Texas Walmarts being converted into holding facilities back during the Jade Helm discussion!!
    You won't be seeing Zipper John any more. The last thing he wants to do here is discuss anything. He's off to the next big thread. Cha-ching!

`
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Tell that to the diversity crowd.

Tell that to the parents instead of using kids as pawns.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Zippy.... Yes, this is all total bVLLcRAP from our w.h in d.c and yes, if only by
    osmosis despite all your red demerits, by simply being here you are more loving
    of freedom than that pack of syncophants can ever be, keep it up and eventually
    you too can convert over to Libertarianism proper and be highly moral & ethical.
    Last edited by Aratus; 06-16-2018 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Had to swap my H around. post in haste, repent in leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    Zippy.... Yes, this is all total bVLLcRAP from our w.h in d.c and yes, if only by
    osmosis despite all your red demerits, by simply being here you are more loving
    of freedom than that pack of syncopanths can ever be, keep it up and eventually
    you too can convert over to Libertarianism proper and be highly moral & ethical.
    Zippy needs to try all the other options first.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    They could be allowed in, like millions before, who then march in the streets, demand compensations of all sorts, call me a devil, and demand my "disenfranchisement" or outright extermination.

$#@! off back to wherever you came from, country's full.

I do not care anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...-to-blame.html

Trump’s DOJ Contradicts His Claim That Democrats Are to Blame for Family Separation

r to blame someone else for his administration’s brutal policy of separating immigrant children from their parents at the border. The president has repeatedly blamed Democrats for the practice, declaring that “their law” requires a family separation policy and even tweeting that Democrats themselves are “forcing the breakup of families at the Border.” Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders has affirmed Trump’s position, insisting that family separation is “the law, and that’s what the law states.” House Speaker Paul Ryan agreed, claiming that the administration was merely following a court ruling.

These allegations, of course, are absolutely false. There is simply no law or court order that requires the U.S. government to snatch children, including babies and toddlers, from their parents. Indeed, Trump’s own Department of Justice—headed by Attorney General Jeff Sessions, who vigorously defends family separation—has acknowledged in court that Trump and Sessions created the policy. These documents plainly reveal what Trump wishes to deny: He is the reason for the forced breakup of these families, and he can halt it anytime he pleases.

Sessions’ DOJ acknowledged this fact while defending the government against a lawsuit filed by the American Civil Liberties Union. The ACLU argued that the Trump administration’s new policy violated immigrant families’ constitutional rights. In response, the DOJ argued that the federal court had no authority to review the policy’s legality, because federal law prohibits courts from reviewing the government’s determination “on where to detain aliens” in ICE custody. This decision, the law explains, falls within the “discretion” of “the Attorney General” and “the Executive.” And their “discretionary” conclusions, the DOJ asserted, are “not judicially reviewable.”

As attorney Max Kennerly has noted, this argument directly contradicts Trump’s denial of responsibility. At the heart of the administration’s family separation policy is its “zero tolerance” rule, which compels the criminal prosecution and imprisonment of adult immigrants who enter the country without authorization. Previously, relatively few immigrants were prosecuted for unauthorized entry (which is only a misdemeanor); most families intercepted at the border were placed in immigrant detention centers, then released on bond. Under the new rule, when families arrive at the border, parents are locked in federal prison. Their children obviously cannot accompany them, so they are packed into “shelters” like converted Walmarts—and, soon, tent cities.

Trump officials, along with Paul Ryan, have alleged that the 1997 Flores settlement agreement compels family separation. That, too, is patently false. The Flores settlement requires the government to release immigrant children from detention without unnecessary delay; to keep them in the “least restrictive” setting possible if it continues to detain them; and to take good care of those children who remain in custody. Absolutely nothing in Flores advises, let alone requires, the forcible division of parents and children at the border.

Rather, as the DOJ has noted in federal court, immigration agents are separating families solely at the direction of Sessions, who is implementing Trump’s policy preferences. If Trump directed Sessions to scrap the “zero tolerance” rule, family separation could stop, and children could be reunited with their parents. The president, however, refuses to do so. Instead, he is holding some 2,000 immigrant children hostage in an effort to goad Congress into passing a bill that strictly limits legal immigration and funds a physical border wall. Until Trump abandons “zero tolerance,” these children, and many more to come, will stay trapped in tents and warehouses, with no parents to comfort them and no end to their trauma in sight.

Trump and Sessions came up with this.
    It is not a longstanding policy. Period.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but at the
    height of WW2 at least FDR did not try
    to fragment apart the families of the
    Japanese-American citizens who had
    to leave their homes on the West Coast.

Earl Warren had been governor of California when the war broke out.

Technically, Donald John Trump has high odds of choosing to be much more
    deliberately cruel than FDR was when he had those families sent into camps.

He has also said "Democrat lawmakers can change the law anytime they want to and end this." Noting that Republicans control the House, the Senate, and the White House.

He has also said "Democrat lawmakers can change the law anytime they want to and end this." Noting that Republicans control the House, the Senate, and the White House.
    The BLUE WAVE (((if it arrives in full after this November))) may have an impact like the
    infamous bi-election of 1866 in that Congress can be controlled by the opposition to the
    sitting president. To override a string of vetoes, votes would be done. We'd all have a
    modern equivalency of the late 1860s. Unlike things right now. IF the blue wave is BIG.

Trump and Sessions came up with this.
    Yep Democrats don't want to change it, its just a political scoreboard for them. In 2012 25000 children were detained from their family's by the Obama admin. Here's your leader Zippy:

I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

The BLUE WAVE, ...if it arrives in full after this November, shall have an impact like the
    infamous bi-election of 1866 in that Congress is to be controlled by the opposition to the
    sitting president. To override a string of vetoes, votes would be done. We'd all have a
    modern equivalency of the late 1860s. Unlike things right now. IF the blue wave is BIG.
    Blue Ebb Tide.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Blue EBB Tide ...or.... BLUE Wave

................let's vote..............

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    Yep Democrats don't want to change it, its just a political scoreboard for them. In 2012 25000 children were detained from their family's by the Obama admin. Here's your leader Zippy:
    A total of 25,000 unaccompanied children were captured at the border in 2012 but they were not forcefully separated from parents. They were supposed to be released within 72 hours. Those from Mexico were supposed to be deported immediately.

https://abcnews.go.com/ABC_Univision...ry?id=19816086

Nearly 14,000 unaccompanied minors were apprehended in U.S. and sent back to Mexico in 2012 alone, and nearly 25,000 unaccompanied children total were apprehended by U.S. border patrol in the same fiscal year. That's a 204% increase in such crossings from 2008.

So, why are so many kids coming to the U.S. alone?

Many do so to escape domestic abuse, political turmoil and human trafficking, while others are simply seeking to reunite with their family members already in the states, according to Wendy Young, the president of Kids In Need of Defense (KIND), an organization which provides pro-bono legal representation to unaccompanied minors.

"Kids don't just travel across international borders unless there is something wrong with their life," said Young.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ions/10402609/

Under federal law, the unaccompanied children are supposed to be turned over to HHS within 72 hours. Most are then reunited with parents or other relatives already living in the United States.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 06-16-2018 at 01:29 PM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

yikes. Swordsmyth just aged
    into a grumpy PO'ed old coot.
    homesteading on the RPFs!!!

Last edited by Aratus; 06-16-2018 at 01:39 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast