Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: White House defends "moral" border policy that leads to separation of families

Fact checking.

Link
    Last edited by euphemia; 06-19-2018 at 06:30 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-06-19 at 10.32.47 PM.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	362.6 KB 
ID:	6020
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

When these blue $#@!ers bring in enough lackeys, wait until you see what they have planned for us. It's bad enough that we have limited control of the GOP.
    Last edited by AuH20; 06-20-2018 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    When these blue $#@!ers bring in enough lackeys, wait until you see what they have planned for us. It's bad enough that we limited control of the GOP.
    Yup, this.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Fact checking.

Link
    Myth

DHS has a policy to separate families at the border.

Fact

DHS does not have a blanket policy of separating families at the border. However, DHS does have a responsibility to protect all minors in our custody. This means DHS will separate adults and minors under certain circumstances. These circumstances include: 1) when DHS is unable to determine the familial relationship, 2) when DHS determines that a child may be at risk with the parent or legal guardian, or 3) when the parent or legal guardian is referred for criminal prosecution

Under the Zero Tolerance Policy aren't all persons crossing illegally referred for criminal prosecution?

Just note, it is the same policy governing American parents. If they are arrested, their kids do not go with them.
    #NashvilleStrong

This whole thing has gone into ludicrous mode. -PROBLEM- The government allowed, and even encouraged, the mass immigration (bankers required it). -REACTION- Now it's all over the media 24/7, getting everyone whipped up. -SOLUTION- Coming soon since you asked for it.

People never seem to grasp the tactics at work and always fall for them over and over.
    Last edited by devil21; 06-20-2018 at 11:32 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Obvious post slide is obvious^^^

Memes are the lowest form of discourse. I hope RPF is not going to allow itself to be taken over by psyop divisive meme pushers that substitute irrelevant partisan-baiting crap for honest discussion.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Trump Will Sign Order Ending Separation of Migrant Families

“We are going to sign an executive order in a little while to keep families together, but we have to maintain toughness,” Mr. Trump told reporters from the White House, adding that he would sign the document before leaving for a campaign-style rally in Minnesota in the afternoon.
    Last edited by EBounding; 06-20-2018 at 11:52 AM.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

After repeatedly claiming that it’s not his fault but because of “Democrats” federal law, Donald Trump signed an executive order that keeps migrant children with their parents. In the last 2 months more than 2300 children that were caught on the US-Mexico border have been separated from their parents as a result of the change in policy to treat adults crossing the US border without permission as criminal offenders.
    Yesterday evening at a rally in Minnesota, President Donald Trump addressed the raucous crowd:
    I consider it to be a very important executive order. It's about keeping families together while at the same time being sure that we have a very powerful, very strong border, and border security will be equal if not greater than previously.
    It is also the policy of this Administration to maintain family unity, including by detaining alien families together where appropriate and consistent with law and available resources.
    We're going to keep families together and the border is going to be just as tough as it's been.

Democrats put illegal immigrant before they put American citizens. What the hell is going on?
    We're having a lot of problems with Democrats that don't want to vote for anything.
    They don't care about lack of security. They really would like to have open borders where anybody in the world can just flow in, including from the Middle East, from anybody anywhere they can just flow into our country.
    Tremendous problems with that, tremendous crime caused by that. We're just not going to do it.
    Trump also said Congress must change the 1997 Flores agreement, because this makes it impossible to lock up illegal migrants for more than 20 days.

In an ongoing law suit, migrants have complained that children held at Shiloh Treatment Center, a government contractor near Houston were immigrant minors are detained, were held down and injected with psychiatric drugs.
    The children were told they would not be released to their parents unless they took the “vitamins”. According to affidavits, the drugs caused that the children could hardly walk, became afraid of people and wanting to remain in bed constantly: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ld-separation/

In between the Trump supporters at the rally in Minnesota, one brave man held up one of the infamous photos showing Donald Trump with his pedo-buddy Jeffrey Epstein.

Fox News thought that this is so embarrassing that they edited out this incident out of the footage. Instead they show Trump ridiculing the protester (over his hair!) while the crowd chants “USA, USA, USA”: https://fitzinfo.wordpress.com/2018/06/20/trump-evicts-man-from-rally-after-holding-up-photo-of-trump-with-jeffrey-epstein/

It looks that Trump will continue the Obama policy to hand over migrant children to slave drivers though: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ld-traffickers
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter
    Democrats put illegal immigrant before they put American citizens. What the hell is going on?
    Oh, the answer to that question is something "American citizens" don't really want to know the answers to. I'll just say that they're not called "illegal" for no reason and declaring oneself a "citizen" voluntarily puts one into a lower legal status than any "illegal" immigrant.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I'll just say that they're not called "illegal" for no reason and declaring oneself a "citizen" voluntarily puts one into a lower legal status than any "illegal" immigrant.
    I’ve heard some homeless persons complaining that their discriminated against as ten thousands of migrants in the Netherlands a year get a house, while they are left in the cold…
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

Trump can't win either way. I suggest that people who are really upset and the most absurd reporting go to the border. Just rent a van and go to the boarder. Pick any group that looks like a family. You just put them in your van and take them home with you. Feed them and take care of them and then make sure they get back for their hearings.

Just go take care of them.
    #NashvilleStrong

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Trump can't win either way. I suggest that people who are really upset and the most absurd reporting go to the border. Just rent a van and go to the boarder. Pick any group that looks like a family. You just put them in your van and take them home with you. Feed them and take care of them and then make sure they get back for their hearings.

Just go take care of them.
    How would one pick up a family and take care of them until their hearings if they're being detained until their hearings?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    How would one pick up a family and take care of them until their hearings if they're being detained until their hearings?
    I am sure you can schedule a hearing on the ICE website. Your lawyer should have more info.

Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

You are suggesting we should go to war in central America to overthrow their corrupt and murderous regimes, so their children are safe? Good idea.

And you impose no expectation on foreign nationals to follow our laws. Good call.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

That's true because their family are back in their own country and they paid coyotes (human traffickers) good money to stay with them.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Sarah Sanders says she was thrown out of Virginia restaurant because she works for Trump

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...for-trump.html

6/23/2018

White House Press Secretary Sanders was thrown out of a Virginia restaurant on Friday because she works for President Trump -- the latest Trump official to be hounded out of a restaurant because of their political affiliation.

TMZ reported that she was kicked out of the restaurant -- The Red Hen in Lexington, Virginia -- on “moral grounds” and cited a waiter who said that Sanders was served “for a total of two minutes before my owner kicked her out along with seven of her other family members.”
    Sanders confirmed the events on Twitter, saying she was told to leave by the owner because she worked for the president.
    “Her actions say far more about her than about me,” she said. “I always do my best to treat people, including those I disagree with, respectfully and will continue to do so.”

After initial reports emerged of the incident, users took to the Red Hen’s Facebook and Yelp pages to bombard it with one-star reviews.
    “Everyone should boycott this restaurant. Put them out of business. Asking a paying patron to leave because she's a Republican is repulsive,” one Yelp review said.

While the new "reviews" were overwhelmingly negative, the restaurant did get some backing from Trump opponents -- with one saying Red Hen's decision was "truly awesome."

"If some can refuse service to gay’s [sic] then YES others can for immoral lying to American people through WH Press Conferences," a five-star review said on Facebook.

Sanders also got backing from her father, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, who blasted the restaurant’s “bigotry.”

"Bigotry. On the menu at Red Hen Restaurant in Lexington VA. Or you can ask for the “Hate Plate”. And appetizers are “small plates for small minds,” he tweeted.

Calls to the restaurant went to voicemail, which was full. The controversy sparked a panicked tweet from the (unaffiliated) Red Hen in Washington, D.C., which noted that it had nothing to do with the incident.

Sanders’ ejection comes just days after Department of Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen was drummed out of a Mexican restaurant by left-wing activists protesting the separation of children from parents caught crossing the border illegally.

GOP lawmakers are reportedly readying an immigration bill that would allow detained migrant children to stay in detention centers with their parents for more than 20 days, senior White House and Hill officials told ABC News on Saturday.
    The bill would overrule a decades-old provision that prohibits the federal government from keeping children in immigration detention centers for more than 20 days.
    The news comes days after the Justice Department asked a federal district court to modify the rule, known as the Flores settlement, which runs up against President Trump's recent executive order.

More at: http://thehill.com/homenews/house/39...children-to-be

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

GOP lawmakers are reportedly readying an immigration bill that would allow detained migrant children to stay in detention centers with their parents for more than 20 days, senior White House and Hill officials told ABC News on Saturday.
    The bill would overrule a decades-old provision that prohibits the federal government from keeping children in immigration detention centers for more than 20 days.
    The news comes days after the Justice Department asked a federal district court to modify the rule, known as the Flores settlement, which runs up against President Trump's recent executive order.

More at: http://thehill.com/homenews/house/39...children-to-be
    This isn't a winning campaign platform for the democrats, every time they complain about people getting locked up it is music to peoples ears to people who don't think enough criminals are getting locked up. OTOH Trump will end up being able to play kingmaker in Republican contests if they keep this up.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The U.S. Homeland Security Department said late Saturday the government has reunited 522 children separated from adults as part of a "Zero Tolerance" initiative and plans to reunite another 16 children over the next 24 hours.The department said in a statement U.S. Customs and Border Protection expects a small number of children separated for reasons other than zero tolerance would remain separated, including if the familial relationship cannot be confirmed.
    President Donald Trump on Wednesday signed an executive order to end his policy of separating immigrant children from their families on the U.S.-Mexico border, after images of youngsters in cages sparked outrage at home and abroad.
    As of June 20, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) had 2,053 separated minors being cared for in HHS-funded facilities, and it was "working with relevant agency partners to foster communications and work towards reuniting every minor and every parent or guardian via well-established reunification processes."
    HHS also said in a release that it has a process to "ensure that family members know the location of their children and have regular communication after separation."

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-governm...031622424.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

White privilege! If only she were black or gay.

Notice something. ((LOL)) Every freaking time.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    I’ve heard some homeless persons complaining that their discriminated against as ten thousands of migrants in the Netherlands a year get a house, while they are left in the cold…
    Under Vatican canon law, still practiced in most western country's court systems, "citizens" are mere property. Things, not living men and women, and are to be treated accordingly. An "illegal" still retains natural rights (until they give them up voluntarily via participation in the Vatican canon law system, thus becoming "legal"), while a "legal citizen" does not retain natural rights. Property has no rights.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast