Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: White House defends "moral" border policy that leads to separation of families

$#@! these Bolshevik hypocrites right to the ground.

Where the $#@! were any of these people when the government, directed by Clinton and Reno, was burning down and machine gunning children and their parents, a great many of which were "people of color" (yeah, that fact tends to get lost a lot as well) at Waco, Texas?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Where the $#@! were any of these people when the government, directed by Clinton and Reno, was burning down and machine gunning children and their parents, a great many of which were "people of color" (yeah, that fact tends to get lost a lot as well) at Waco, Texas?

Government going after one group bad. Reduce the police state! Government going after another group good. Expand the police state!
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 06-17-2018 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Government going after one group bad. Government going after another group good.
    One group is composed of foreign invaders, the other group was composed of innocent citizens.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Crossing the border is a misdemeanor- not a felony. In the past, they were released while they awaited their hearings. If we want to lock up everybody accused of misdemeanors and "enforce the laws" we must also put all litterbugs and jaywalkers into our jails too at taxpayer expense.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...erage-american
    Drunk driving is a misdemeanor as well.

Yet you will, in almost every case, in all 50 states, go to jail.

Should the kids go to the drunk tank as well?

I didn't set this $#@!ing mess in motion, I wanted everybody to live and let live, I wanted freedom and peace and prosperity.

Nobody else wants that.

They want me and my family gone instead, and the more extreme of the Bolshevik and immigrant left have openly called for extermination of me and mine.

Do they mean it? Is it just bull$#@! and hyperbole? Should I take it seriously?

I don't know, and I don't care anymore.

Or, put another way, as another poster noted...

You called down the thunder. Well, now you've got it! You see that? It says "United States Marshal."

Crossing the border is a misdemeanor- not a felony. In the past, they were released while they awaited their hearings. If we want to lock up everybody accused of misdemeanors and "enforce the laws" we must also put all litterbugs and jaywalkers into our jails too at taxpayer expense.
    "In the past" then you site 2016 figures of detainees under the Obama admin....

All you are doing is highlighting the immense and increasing size of the problem and yet you continue to encourage foreign nationals to violate our laws, further perpetuating the problem, supporting human traffickers and slave traders. Just come out and say it, your solution is open borders and no country.
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Illegals are a flight risk, releasing them into the country they shouldn't be in is idiocy.
    https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...erage-american

And that is to keep them here. What about the ones deported?

http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/13/news...ant/index.html

Details at the link.
    This would be cheaper:

Last edited by Swordsmyth; 06-17-2018 at 01:23 PM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    yikes. Swordsmyth just aged
    into a grumpy PO'ed old coot.
    homesteading on the RPFs!!!

I was born this grumpy and old.

I do not suffer fools and villains well.

Weakness is not license to break all the rules and we have a right to defend our territory for the benefit and protection of our citizens.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Government going after one group bad. Reduce the police state! Government going after another group good. Expand the police state!
    Yup, damn right.

Get this straight, I don't care anymore about holding a consistent opinion.

Nobody gives a $#@! about the police state. Nobody holds a consistent opinion against it.

All sides just want more of it.

And more importantly, all sides want to have their hands on the control levers of it.

So therefore I'm going to do everything in my power to prevent my enemies from getting control of it, since nobody, even here among our merry band of refuseniks, has any desire to get rid of it.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 06-17-2018 at 01:33 PM.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/17/polit...ion/index.html

Melania Trump 'hates to see' children separated from their families at borders

In a rare statement on a policy issue, first lady Melania Trump weighed in through her spokeswoman on the immigration crisis taking place at America's borders.

"Mrs. Trump hates to see children separated from their families and hopes both sides of the aisle can finally come together to achieve successful immigration reform," her communications director, Stephanie Grisham, told CNN on Sunday. "She believes we need to be a country that follows all laws, but also a country that governs with heart."

Trump, who has made helping children the crux of her official "Be Best" platform as first lady, had yet to discuss the state of families and immigration, a topic that has been prominent in headlines for days.

A Trump administration policy now charges every adult caught crossing the border illegally with federal crimes, as opposed to referring those with children mainly to immigration courts, as previous administrations did. Because the government is charging the parents in the criminal justice system, children are separated from them, without a clear procedure for their reunification aside from hotlines the parents can call to try to track their children down.

The policy to refer all adults for charges was publicly announced May 7, but the Justice Department announced it would prosecute 100% of the cases referred to it at the beginning of April.

Nearly 2,000 children have been separated from their parents and guardians and placed into holding facilities between April 19 and May 31 of this year, Department of Homeland Security spokesman Jonathan Hoffman told reporters Friday on a conference call.

The public outcry in the wake of images and stories of the children caught in the middle of the controversial immigration policy has sparked fierce debate.

President Donald Trump has repeatedly blamed the Democrats for the situation despite his administration instituting the policy change.

"Democrats can fix their forced family breakup at the Border by working with Republicans on new legislation, for a change!" he tweeted on Saturday. "This is why we need more Republicans elected in November. Democrats are good at only three things, High, High Crime and Obstruction. Sad!"

Drunk driving is a misdemeanor as well.

Yet you will, in almost every case, in all 50 states, go to jail.

Should the kids go to the drunk tank as well?

I didn't set this $#@!ing mess in motion, I wanted everybody to live and let live, I wanted freedom and peace and prosperity.

Nobody else wants that.

They want me and my family gone instead, and the more extreme of the Bolshevik and immigrant left have openly called for extermination of me and mine.

Do they mean it? Is it just bull$#@! and hyperbole? Should I take it seriously?

I don't know, and I don't care anymore.

Or, put another way, as another poster noted...

You called down the thunder. Well, now you've got it! You see that? It says "United States Marshal."

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

Indeed. The immorality is how the children are treated before they ever reach the border.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

At least Mr. Sessions admits the actual meaning of Romans 13, unlike the cognitive dissonant masses of libetarian-christians

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    One simple thought concerning a mother and her small children, do a DNA test.
    Someone who is a total stranger who kidnapped the children in question then has
    to explain what they were doing and where the children came from for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    One simple thought concerning a mother and her small children, do a DNA test.
    Someone who is a total stranger who kidnapped the children in question then has
    to explain what they were doing and where the children came from for starters.
    Given the proclivities of our ruling class, I'm not sure the adults the kids came with are the sex traffickers you should be worrying about. Having 1000's of "trainable" children separated from families, handed over to NGOs for undetermined lengths of time inside secure facilities that even sitting US Senators can't access?

It's not like there's evidence of child sex trafficking or histories of MK-ULTRA and the like to draw comparisons from...
    Last edited by devil21; 06-18-2018 at 11:15 AM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

The left and the neocons don't care about the poor and downtrodden from central America. This is purely political based virtue signaling at the expense of Trump.

And the left are happy when American parents are separated from their children. CPS takes kids from their families all the time based on no evidence.
    Last edited by euphemia; 06-18-2018 at 04:10 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    At least Mr. Sessions admits the actual meaning of Romans 13, unlike the cognitive dissonant masses of libetarian-christians

Spoken like a true progressive infiltrator. Welcome back to the forum!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR8UbTVIhOc
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Anti Federalist again.

Said it before and I'll say it again, you and your kids, piss off back to wherever you came from.

Country's full.
    Nobody gives a $#@! about the police state. Nobody holds a consistent opinion against it.

All sides just want more of it.

And more importantly, all sides want to have their hands on the control levers of it.

Last edited by Occam's Banana; 06-18-2018 at 05:15 PM.
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

Go suck an egg Laura Bush.

If one of these illegals were to run a stop sign and kill someone, do you think they'd get any jail time?
    Last edited by Dary; 06-18-2018 at 08:54 PM.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.

<Gulp!>

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    <Gulp!>

This one doesn't show on this site for me or on any of my search engines, can you post the web address?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post

I think when he leaves the White House I'll apply to be his pilot (I am type rated in the 757). But under one condition, he allows me to take along my sidekick Injun to do the catering. We will call him "Tonto,"

that will make it easy for everyone to remember his name when that want a refill.
    Last edited by Danke; 06-18-2018 at 09:35 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I think when he leaves the White House I'll apply to be his pilot (I am type rated in the 757). But under one condition, he allows me to take along my sidekick Injun to do the catering. We will call him "Tonto,"

that will make it easy for everyone to remember his name when that want a refill.
    Are you sure you want to give an Injun access to your firewater?
    The Bastiat Collection · FREE PDF · FREE EPUB · PAPER
    Frédéric Bastiat (1801-1850)

• "When law and morality are in contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of losing his respect for the law."
      -- The Law (p. 54)
    • "Government is that great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else."
      -- Government (p. 99)
    • "[W]ar is always begun in the interest of the few, and at the expense of the many."
      -- Economic Sophisms - Second Series (p. 312)
    • "There are two principles that can never be reconciled - Liberty and Constraint."
      -- Harmonies of Political Economy - Book One (p. 447)

· tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito ·

And there we have it. Game Over.

Big balls.

But on Monday, in a rare instance of commentary that cuts through the shrill cacophony of voices ready to set up new Nuremberg trials, a prominent immigration attorney and civil rights activist took to twitter to reveal a rare exchange he had with then President Obama in 2015.
    "How did we get here?" attorney Andrew Free began his lengthy twitter thread, which has since gone viral.
    "In 2015, I shook President Obama's hand, thanked him for DACA, and asked him to reverse course and close the for-profit baby jails (also known as "family detention centers") he opened in Dilley and Karnes City, Texas. What he said shook me my to the core..."
    Free posted photos of his exchange with Obama in 2015 to provide proof of the tense encounter.
    Thread: How did we get here?
    In 2015, I shook President Obama’s hand, thanked him for DACA, and asked him to reverse course & close the for-profit baby jails (also known as “family detention centers”) he opened in Dilley & Karnes City, Texas. What he said shook me to my core 1/ pic.twitter.com/K5vi6S2RPj
    — R. Andrew Free (@ImmCivilRights) June 19, 2018
    Below is immigration attorney and civil rights activist R. Andrew Free's account of his questioning Obama on the migrant "baby jails" which had been in operation under his administration.
    How did we get here?
    In 2015, I shook President Obama’s hand, thanked him for DACA, and asked him to reverse course and close the for-profit baby jails (also known as “family detention centers”) he opened in Dilley & Karnes City, Texas. What he said shook me to my core...
    Specifically, I told him, “It’s wrong. And it’s going to be a stain on your legacy.” He stopped moving on to the next person in the rope line and looked back at me. I’d gotten his attention.
    He turned back, looked at me and “Are you an immigration lawyer?” “Yes”. Just days before, President Obama’s senior immigration policy advisor Cecilia Munoz had received a chilly welcome during her keynote address to the AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association) annual conference attendees in National Harbor. She was greeted with silent protest & signs saying "End Family Detention".
    I later learned that her meeting with senior AILA attorneys had been testy to say the least. See, Obama had previously timed great news, like DACA to coincide with the AILA annual conferences. We all watched ecstatic in Nashville in 2012 as he announced it on giant screens.
    Obama's Admission
    So the President’s immediate association of “End Family Detention” with immigration lawyers wasn’t random. He’d been told and believed we were basically the only ones who’d care, and even then, it would be a minority of us that wouldn’t extract from him a political cost.
    So when I said “Yes”, the President looked back and engaged: “I’ll tell you what we can’t have. It’s these parents sending their kids here on a dangerous journey and putting their lives at risk.”And he walked on down the rope line. Not, “I know. I’m working on it.” not, “Thanks for your support”. Just, “Yes. This is the right move given what I perceive the facts to be.”
    I was dumbfounded. Let’s unpack the logic of what he said because it’s that logic which led us here.
    First, the President [Obama] tacitly admittedly that he was using detention of mothers and children as a deterrent.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...aby-jails-2015

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Zippy is the most reliable poster on RPF, hands down.

EXCLUSIVE: Bill Clinton's 'love child' slams the former president for showing compassion for the immigrant children separated from their parents at the border but 'abandoning his own son'

• Danney Williams The 32-year-old has long claimed that he is the love child of mother Bobbie Ann, a former prostitute, and Clinton who she met in Little Rock, Arkansas in 1984says Bill Clinton is guilty of hypocrisy after the former president showed sympathy for the migrant children at the border but abandoned his 'son'
    • 'The same man that is sympathetic to the immigrant children....is indeed the same man that sacrificed me, his own son....' he said in a tweet on Tuesday
    • The 32-year-old, a father of five, took to Twitter to send a Father's Day message to the former president last year
    • He tweeted: I'm not looking for sympathy nor welfare, I just wish you didn't forget about me @billClinton. #BillClintonSon #ClintonKid'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...efending-migrant-children-abandoning-him.html
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast