Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Judge Swamp strikes again

Judge Nap: Too Early to Say Mueller Probe Is Biased Against Trump - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-Against-Trump

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Judge Nap: Too Early to Say Mueller Probe Is Biased Against Trump - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-Against-Trump
    What if the Judge is Q?

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    What if the Judge is Q?

good question.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

What if the Judge is Q?

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    good question.
    Not likely.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Not likely.
    Did you watch the youtube?
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Did you watch the youtube?
    Not yet, but he isn't part of Trump's staff.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I already know enough about Dr. Ron to be open minded about his potential "controlled opposition" status but I don't care because if he is controlled opposition he is a very bad mistake on his handlers part, he does far more good than any of his imperfect positions do harm.
    There is exactly zero potential.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    There is exactly zero potential.
    I give no man so much trust and certainly not any politician but he is the very last one I would suspect.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I give no man so much trust and certainly not any politician but he is the very last one I would suspect.
    It's not trust to recognize someone's fruits. Ron Paul's are the best in his arena.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

It's not trust to recognize someone's fruits. Ron Paul's are the best in his arena.
    I'd be curious to know Jesse Benton's opinion.

But his fruits only minimize the possibility that he is controlled opposition, they do not eliminate it.

I do not believe he is but I can't certify that he isn't.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

But his fruits only minimize the possibility that he is controlled opposition, they do not eliminate it.

I do not believe he is but I can't certify that he isn't.
    RP created most of the opposition.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

RP created most of the opposition.
    I agree, I don't believe he is controlled opposition but being the one to create most of the opposition is the perfect ideal for controlled opposition tactics.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Andrew Napolitano, senior judicial analyst for Fox News, blasted President Donald Trump on Tuesday for calling the sexual assault allegations against Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh “a hoax.”
    Trump on Monday told reporters on the White House lawn that Kavanaugh had been “caught up in a hoax” orchestrated by the Democrats. Hours later, while addressing a convention of police chiefs, Trump called the controversy a “disgraceful situation, brought about by people that are evil.”
    But Napolitano, during an appearance Tuesday on the president’s favorite TV network, condemned Trump’s aggressive, partisan rhetoric.
    “I do not think the best thing that was said was ‘evil’ or ‘hoax,’ and I honestly wish that the president and his people would get past that,” Napolitano said Tuesday on “Fox & Friends.”
    He continued: “The Supreme Court does not have an army to enforce its rulings. Its rulings depend upon the intellectual legitimacy of the manner in which the rulings are given, from whom they are given. They really have some work to do to patch up the divisions that exist in the public mind. These divisions don’t exist in reality in the court.”

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-...131510722.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Judge Swamp has gone full open borders, illegals are not covered by the 14thA and the Constitution does give Congress power over immigration.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

FOX NEWS ALERT: libertarian takes libertarian position on immigration.

Everything Judge said is correct. The Constitution only gives congress the power over naturalization, not immigration. The plain text and historical interpretation of the 14th Amendment gives citizenship to the children of illegal immigrants. There has been academic debate about the intent of the framers and ratifiers of the 14th Amendment that might make for a good supreme court case in terms of an original intent interpretation of the 14th. (I would support amending the amendment to remove birthright citizenship for children of illegal immigrants.) But as Trump now acknowledges, an Executive Order is not the right way to have that debate.
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

Quote Originally Posted by axiomata View Post
    FOX NEWS ALERT: libertarian takes libertarian position on immigration.

Everything Judge said is correct. The Constitution only gives congress the power over naturalization, not immigration. The plain text and historical interpretation of the 14th Amendment gives citizenship to the children of illegal immigrants. There has been academic debate about the intent of the framers and ratifiers of the 14th Amendment that might make for a good supreme court case in terms of an original intent interpretation of the 14th. (I would support amending the amendment to remove birthright citizenship for children of illegal immigrants.) But as Trump now acknowledges, an Executive Order is not the right way to have that debate.
    Here's an article that argues that the federal government's power over immigration is based on the Law of Nations Clause in Article I, Section 8, Clause 10:

https://i2i.org/where-congresss-powe...on-comes-from/

https://www.constitution.org/cmt/law_of_nations.htm

The meaning of "Offenses against the Law of Nations"

Art. I Sec. 8 Cl. 10 of the Constitution for the United States delegates the power to Congress to "define and punish ... Offenses against the Law of Nations". It is important to understand what is and is not included in the term of art "law of nations", and not confuse it with "international law". They are not the same thing. The phrase "law of nations" is a direct translation of the Latin jus gentium, which means the underlying principles of right and justice among nations, and during the founding era was not considered the same as the "laws", that is, the body of treaties and conventions between nations, the jus inter gentes, which, combined with jus gentium, comprise the field of "international law". The distinction goes back to ancient Roman Law.

Briefly, the Law of Nations at the point of ratification in 1788 included the following general elements, taken from Blackstone's Commentaries, and prosecution of those who might violate them:

(1) No attacks on foreign nations, their citizens, or shipping, without either a declaration of war or letters of marque and reprisal.

(2) Honoring of the flag of truce, peace treaties, and boundary treaties. No entry across national borders without permission of national authorities.

(3) Protection of wrecked ships, their passengers and crew, and their cargo, from depredation by those who might find them.

(4) Prosecution of piracy by whomever might be able to capture the pirates, even if those making the capture or their nations had not been victims.

(5) Care and decent treatment of prisoners of war.

(6) Protection of foreign embassies, ambassadors, and diplomats, and of foreign ships and their passengers, crew, and cargo while in domestic waters or in port.

(7) Honoring of extradition treaties for criminals who committed crimes in a nation with whom one has such a treaty who escape to one's territory or are found on the high seas established with all nations in 1788,

(8) Prohibition of enslavement of foreign nationals and international trading in slaves.

Article 1

Section 9. The Migration or Importation of such Persons as any of the States now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the Year one thousand eight hundred and eight

In the year 1873 the United States Attorney General ruled the word “jurisdiction” under the Fourteenth Amendment to mean, which Justice Gray would recognize in Elk v. Wilkins years later:

The word “jurisdiction” must be understood to mean absolute and complete jurisdiction, such as the United States had over its citizens before the adoption of this amendment… Aliens, among whom are persons born here and naturalized abroad, dwelling or being in this country, are subject to the jurisdiction of the United States only to a limited extent. Political and military rights and duties do not pertain to them. (14 Op. Atty-Gen. 300.) http://www.federalistblog.us/2007/09..._jurisdiction/

Illegal aliens and even possibly legal visitors and dual citizens don't qualify under the 14thA and Trump is fully within his Constitutional powers to direct the executive branch to follow the law correctly.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Judge Nap: Whitaker Not 'Legally Qualified' to Be Acting Attorney General

Trump chose Whitaker to replace Sessions.

Whitaker, according to sources, is now overseeing everything at the Justice Department, including the Russia investigation -- despite calls from Democrats to recuse himself. Trump said a permanent replacement will be nominated at a later date.
    Napolitano said Whitaker, however, is not legally qualified for the role of acting attorney general because of "very precise laws" written by Congress in the wake of the Watergate scandal.

He said there are only three ways someone can become acting attorney general: if they are the deputy attorney general and the president signs an executive order to make them acting attorney general, if they are already at the Justice Department in a job that both required and received Senate confirmation or if the Senate in in recess, they can be a recess appointment.

He said none of those apply in this case, as Whitaker is not deputy attorney general, he did not receive Senate confirmation for his current role at the DOJ and the Senate is not in recess.

"So with deference and respect to what the president's trying to do -- he has every right to want whoever he wants to run the Justice Department -- he has chosen someone who does not qualify under the law to be the acting attorney general of the United States," Napolitano said.
    Are the "very precise" laws involved Constitutional?

I doubt it and I would guess Trump is ready, willing and able to make that case to SCOTUS.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

For some reason Youtube has been killing the videos in this thread.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Now judge swamp ignores the law that allows Trump to deny entry/asylum to any class of immigrants he wants and sides with Roberts claim that the judge that blocked Trump's order wasn't biased:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/napolitan...195907409.html
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 12-13-2018 at 03:46 PM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Appearing with Shepard Smith on Wednesday, Fox News’s Judge Andrew Napolitano continued his winning streak of being the worst and most dishonest legal analyst on television not named Jeffrey Toobin.

Spewing all kinds of mindless gloom and doom (you can watch the full segment here), while ignoring the all-important mitigating context that proves just how stupid his gloom and doom is, Napolitano painted a dire picture of President Trump as a felon.
    After Trump’s former attorney Michael Cohen was sentenced to three years in prison, Smith teed up Napolitano with this: “Prosecutors have told us through these filings that they have evidence that the President committed a felony.”
    Naturally, Napolitano heartily agreed:
    The felony is paying Michael Cohen to commit a felony. It’s pretty basic. Somebody hires you — A hires B to shoot someone. A is as liable as if he had pulled the trigger. You pay someone to commit a crime, they commit the crime, you are liable, criminally liable for their commission of that crime, as well as they being liable. That’s what the prosecutors told the federal judge.
    Keep in mind that this is coming from the same Judge FakeNews who called proven liar Christine Blasey Ford “exceptionally credible” after hearing only a few minutes of her testimony.
    But here is the important information the Judge FakeNews is deliberately hiding from Fox viewers…
    At worst, at the very worst, this is a campaign finance violation, and even that is a stretch when you are talking about paying off a couple of scheming blackmailers who threatened to ruin your reputation and cause trouble in your family and marriage.
    There is nothing illegal about committing adultery, about paying hush money, about caving to blackmail, about hiding all of this from the public and voters. Nothing.
    The only way this is illegal is if an overbearing government decides this particular expenditure was a campaign expenditure — in other words, something you would not have paid for were you not running for office — which is absurd in the case of Trump, who has a decades-long history of aggressively working to kill stories that might damage his reputation — not all of them sex related.
    And let me again point out that Trump used his own money — his own money — to pay off his blackmailers. He did not use campaign funds.
    But rather than explain the important context of the government’s ludicrous attempt to “gotcha” Trump with a felony, rather than explain to viewers that these prosecutors are almost certainly politically motivated, Napolitano chooses to mislead viewers with inane analysis about Trump “directing a felony.”

There is nothing illegal about hiding your sex life, bad teeth, or bald head from voters, and to criminalize such things with vague campaign finance laws will not fly. Even the jury in a case involving former presidential candidate John Edwards, who funneled other people’s money through his campaign to hide payments to his mistress, came out deadlocked.
    And what about the 264 active members of Congress who created a $17 million slush fund using taxpayer dollars to make sexual harassment and other employer-related conduct lawsuits go away?
    These are active members of Congress using our money to make their sins go away, to pay off women to sign non-disclosure agreements, and that is perfectly a-okay with prosecutors (and a media that has lost total interest in the story), but Private Citizen Trump doing what he has done for decades — making a bad story go away — has committed a felony?

More at: https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...rate-analysis/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

It's no secret to anyone that Mueller's investigation of
    Trump was initiated as a partisan Hillary Shield , a preemptive,
    baseless, but effective strike that drew fire away from
    Hillary's espionage, malfeasance and slush fund foundation.
    Judge Napolitano was not obligated ethically to go out of
    his way to cast dispersions on Pres Trump.
    I strongly disagree with some of Trump's policies and actions
    though he is still the best we've seen
    since Jack Kennedy, bar none;
    TPP
    Paris Accord
    North Korea
    Syria
    Low Unemployment
    Inspiration for Nationalism and preservation of regional culture
    around the Globe
    My biggest problems with Trump are a few failed concrete
    and de facto Promises;
    Hillary Prison
    GUT IRS , Reduce Code to several pages
    Kill Obama Care
    Hillary Comey Lynch Holder Mueller etc all belong in prison , yet we all
    understand that Equal Justice under the law means;
    The wealthy and connected, the ones that can and do inflict the greatest
    pain on our Country get a free pass, always, the prosecution of a low level
    lackey here and there gives the impression that justice is served, sincere justice
    is never served in the US, to those in power.

Trump can't declare national emergency over border wall funding, Judge Napolitano says

Congress has authorized money for the president to spend in a national emergency:

Trump’s reference to a presidential declaration of a national emergency in response to the reporter’s query is to authority that Congress has given presidents — a lump sum of money that Congress had left to the president’s discretion by a 1950 law for use in times of “national emergency.” The law specifically mentioned civil defense situations in a war situation, but also for response to natural disasters such as tornadoes, hurricanes, and earthquakes. According to the statute, the president can declare a national emergency, or disaster, and gain access to funds Congress has appropriated for that purpose.

More at: https://www.thenewamerican.com/usnew...ional-approval

Judge Swamp is also claiming that the immigration laws can be fixed without twisting the Demoncrats' arms with a shutdown, that is an out and out lie and he isn't that stupid, he just wants Trump to surrender to the communists.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Thanks to the Judge for speaking out against tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by axiomata View Post
    Thanks to the Judge for speaking out against tyranny.
    LOL

Whether or not the wall is a good idea he is siding with the party of tyranny again, they want open borders so they can create a single party communist dictatorship.

If he wants to speak out against the wall then he should but lying about the law is not a good thing.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

2009: "Obama's gon' declare a national emergency to bring in the NWO!"

2019: "Trump's gon' declare a national emergency to fight the NWO Deep State!"

LOL

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast