Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Judge Swamp strikes again

Angry Judge Swamp strikes again

Amid all the happy hoopla over President Donald Trump's trip to Singapore, where he began the process for what he hopes will be the normalization of relations between the United States and North Korea and the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula, has come an effort by the House Intelligence Committee to interfere with the criminal investigation of the president.
    The committee's chairman, Devin Nunes, a Republican from California, and the Republican majority on the committee have demanded that the Department of Justice turn over documents pertaining to the origins of the investigation of President Trump by special counsel Robert Mueller.
    And Nunes has threatened Mueller's superior, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, with censure, contempt and even impeachment if he fails to comply. Can Congress interfere in an ongoing federal criminal investigation? Can it get its eyes on law enforcement's active files? In a word: No.

More at: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/...-rule-law.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Background:

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Fox New’s Judge Andrew Napolitano warned Monday that Attorney General Jeff Sessions's firing on Friday of former deputy FBI director Andrew McCabe could be seen as “obstruction of justice.”
    Napolitano said on Fox News' "America's Newsroom" Monday that he viewed McCabe’s firing as “vindictive” and “reckless.”
    “Andrew McCabe is more likely than not to be a witness against the Attorney General’s boss, the president of the United States,” Napolitano said. “I think that firing him in that environment could very well be determined to diminish his effectiveness as a witness. What’s that called, obstruction of justice.”

“I don’t know if Bob Mueller wants to go there, but that’s the argument,” he added.

More at: http://thehill.com/homenews/media/37...ion-of-justice

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/12/1...-against-trump

Some Republican lawmakers have seized on a trove of damning text messages as evidence that Special Counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation is biased against President Trump.

Fox News senior judicial analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano doesn't think so.

The text messages were exchanged between two FBI officials who worked on Mueller’s Russia probe, and they reveal the agents expressing a steady stream of anti-Trump, pro-Hillary Clinton sentiments.

"The issue is not: do FBI agents have political opinions and can they express them? The answer to that is yes and yes," Napolitano said on "Outnumbered Overtime." "The issue is: do those political opinions in any way influence the outcome of their investigation?"

He pointed out that the FBI has procedures in place to prevent that from happening.

"FBI agents operate in pairs, whatever the two discover has to be reviewed by five others, whatever the five have reviewed and decided is credible has to be reviewed by Justice Department lawyers," Napolitano explained.

He noted that the only final decisions that have been made in Mueller's investigation are to indict former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and his aide Rick Gates and to accept two guilty pleas from former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn and former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser George Papadopoulos.

Napolitano said Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein painted a "very credible" picture in his testimony before the House Judiciary Committee when he said it's too early to determine if any individual's political opinion affected the outcome of the investigation, because the outcome hasn't been reached yet.

In the meantime, Napolitano said he's not worried about the text messages.

"FBI agents are not choirboys or choirgirls. They are strong-willed people with strong opinions like the rest of us," he said. "None of this surprises me."

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/12/0...ustice-charges

Judge Nap: Feinstein Is 'Correct' on Potential Obstruction of Justice Case Against Trump

On "Fox & Friends" this morning, Alan Dershowitz disputed claims from some Democrats that Special Counsel Robert Mueller could build an obstruction of justice case against President Donald Trump.

Dershowitz said Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) was incorrect when she argued that Trump obstructed the FBI investigation into possible collusion between his presidential campaign and Russia by asking former FBI Director James Comey to end the investigation into Michael Flynn and also by later firing Comey.

Dershowitz said a president cannot be charged with obstruction for merely exercising his constitutional authority.

On "America's Newsroom," Fox News senior judicial analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano came down on the side of Feinstein.

"I respect Professor Dershowitz greatly. I do not know Sen. Feinstein, but she, in my view, is correct here," he told Bill Hemmer.

He said that if Trump asked Comey to end the investigation into Flynn for a non-corrupt purpose - such as if he felt sympathy for his former national security adviser or he wanted the bureau to use its resources on more important matters - it's not obstruction.

However, if Trump did it for a corrupt purpose - such as trying to protect himself or his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, from what Flynn might say - then it is obstruction and there is no presidential immunity, Napolitano said.

"Obstruction of justice is a crime no matter who commits it, if done for a corrupt purpose. It's also an impeachable offense," he said, adding that the charge is "intentionally not easy to prove" for a prosecutor.

Feinstein, the ranking Democrat on the Senate Judiciary Committee, said Sunday on "Meet the Press" that she believes an obstruction of justice case is forming.

"The Judiciary Committee has an investigation going as well and it involves obstruction of justice and I think what we're beginning to see is the putting together of a case of obstruction of justice,” she said.

"I see it in the hyper-frenetic attitude of the White House, the comments every day, the continual tweets. And I see it most importantly in what happened with the firing of Director Comey, and it is my belief that that is directly because he did not agree to ‘lift the cloud’ of the Russia investigation. That’s obstruction of justice."

Napolitano: Mueller did not wrongly obtain Trump team emails

https://www.yahoo.com/news/napolitan...143230179.html

Fox News’ Judge Napolitano Says Trump Jr-Russia Meeting Merits Criminal Investigation (Video)

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/fox-news-ju...202307669.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Notice Judge Swamp playing wingman for hitlery in that clip.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    He also says POTUS controls DOJ.
    When he thought Hitlery would be potus.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The judge is a friend of liberty!

We can only hope Trump has a chance to appoint him as a Supreme Court Justice!
    Last edited by Schifference; 06-14-2018 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    The judge is a friend of liberty!

We can only hope Trump has a chance to appoint him as a Supreme Court Justice!
    He was either a deep sleeper agent or he sold out, we don't want him anywhere near SCOTUS.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

He was either a deep sleeper agent or he sold out, we don't want him anywhere near SCOTUS.
    SCOTUS needs to play the flip flop game. They need support and decent. No different than actors or attorneys.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    SCOTUS needs to play the flip flop game. They need support and decent. No different than actors or attorneys.
    Judge Swamp has gone too far, this is more than just posturing to get confirmed by the Senate.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I am in total agreement with you. If I could give you (+) rep I would. Judge is getting demented.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Swordsmyth again.

Judge should come out of the closet.

Lookin nice n moderate, Judge!! Keep it up, I think you're fooling them!!

Can't wait till he is the next SC Judge..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I am in total agreement with you. If I could give you (+) rep I would. Judge is getting demented.
    If the Judge came out defending Trump at every turn and took the hardline conservative stance every time, then when he is nominated for the SC congress would not approve him because he wouldn't look neutral enough.

Trump told the Judge to be more moderate back after he had his first talks with him and The Judge recommended Gorsuch... so that he could be next in line and MORE IMPORTANTLY!!! Get approval from congress...

It's called 5D chess and Trump isn't the only one allowed to play.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    If the Judge came out defending Trump at every turn and took the hardline conservative stance every time, then when he is nominated for the SC congress would not approve him because he wouldn't look neutral enough.

Trump told the Judge to be more moderate back after he had his first talks with him and The Judge recommended Gorsuch... so that he could be next in line and MORE IMPORTANTLY!!! Get approval from congress...

It's called 5D chess and Trump isn't the only one allowed to play.
    If Judge Swamp hadn't gone so far I might agree with you.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Why would Trump nominate someone who can't stop bashing him?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My thought is he's playing ball to keep his job. There was a LOT of heat on him when Trump was quoting him directly last year.

If Judge Swamp hadn't gone so far I might agree with you.
    He has a lot of years of consistency to make up for.

Quote Originally Posted by milgram View Post
    Why would Trump nominate someone who can't stop bashing him?
    Like I said, when Trump became President, he was on the phone with the Judge constantly and the Judge was talking up Trump in the media.. because Trump knew an SC pick was coming up and he wanted the Judge's advice.

So then Trump told the Judge to back off and be more neutral so he could pick him on the next round and he would have a better chance of approved by congress.

He has a lot of years of consistency to make up for.
    I don't believe it, for one thing it started before Trump won.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Background:

Fox New’s Judge Andrew Napolitano warned Monday that Attorney General Jeff Sessions's firing on Friday of former deputy FBI director Andrew McCabe could be seen as “obstruction of justice.”
    Napolitano said on Fox News' "America's Newsroom" Monday that he viewed McCabe’s firing as “vindictive” and “reckless.”
    “Andrew McCabe is more likely than not to be a witness against the Attorney General’s boss, the president of the United States,” Napolitano said. “I think that firing him in that environment could very well be determined to diminish his effectiveness as a witness. What’s that called, obstruction of justice.”

“I don’t know if Bob Mueller wants to go there, but that’s the argument,” he added.
    And? I think Russiagate is garbage myself, but if a president fires people who might be investigating him of course some people will see that as obstruction. If roles where reversed and Obama or Hillary was president right now and did the exact same thing, the Republicans would be on the opposite side of Russiagate. We all know that so what's the big deal here, that the Judge has a consistent view on checks and balances?
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    And? I think Russiagate is garbage myself, but if a president fires people who might be investigating him of course some people will see that as obstruction. If roles where reversed and Obama or Hillary was president right now and did the exact same thing, the Republicans would be on the opposite side of Russiagate. We all know that so what's the big deal here, that the Judge has a consistent view on checks and balances?
    In this video he says Hitlery would control the DOJ and could pardon herself and would be immune from criminal prosecution when elected POTUS:
    4:25-the end

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

@William Tell

This one doesn't even have to do with Russiagate and he says that the idea of allowing people to not do business with other people based on their beliefs is "DANGEROUS".

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    @William Tell

This one doesn't even have to do with Russiagate and he says that the idea of allowing people to not do business with other people based on their beliefs is "DANGEROUS".
    Um, saw that. I strongly disagree with him on that. That's why I said besides that. And so far you have just given me partisan distractions, where you would demand he take the exact opposite position if team Blue was in right now.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

The Judge is trying to appear to be anti-political in case he gets nominated.

See if you can find any Constitutional issues that you part ways with him on.

He is leaps and bounds better than any other Supreme Court Justice we have ever had, probably in the history of the country.

The Judge is trying to appear to be anti-political in case he gets nominated.

See if you can find any Constitutional issues that you part ways with him on.

He is leaps and bounds better than any other Supreme Court Justice we have ever had, probably in the history of the country.
    AMEN.

And +rep!
    There is no spoon.

In this video he says Hitlery would control the DOJ and could pardon herself and would be immune from criminal prosecution when elected POTUS:
    4:25-the end
    In the first part he said she's a liar and that the FBI shouldn't have dropped the investigation when they did. I haven't seen where he's contradicted himself, saying Hillary will get away with something and talking about an investigation that is already underway are apples and oranges if you ask me.

Still not clear on the principle here, you seem to think that if one candidate is in he should be immune from investigation and not the other? The Judge has seemed pretty steady in his principles on this.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Um, saw that. I strongly disagree with him on that. That's why I said besides that. And so far you have just given me partisan distractions, where you would demand he take the exact opposite position if team Blue was in right now.
    Saying that white males can't be the victims of discrimination isn't a partisan distraction.
    Saying the President can obstruct justice by expressing a wish that an investigation end quickly because he thinks it has no basis isn't a partisan distraction, the president could order the end of the investigation and it would be up to Congress to run its own investigation if they disagreed.
    Saying that Sessions or Trump obstructed justice by firing McCabe who clearly deserved to be fired isn't a partisan distraction
    Saying that clearly biased FBI agents weren't biased isn't a partisan distraction.
    Saying that Mueller did nothing wrong in subpoenaing the Trump transition communications when he had no just cause is not a partisan distraction.
    Saying that Don Jr's Trump Tower meeting merited a criminal investigation when no laws were broken because even the worst allegations aren't against the law isn't a partisan distraction.
    Saying that Congress can't exercise oversight on an active FBI case isn't a partisan distraction.
    Saying that individuals from foreign countries can challenge Trump's travel ban after SCOTUS just upheld it isn't a partisan distraction.
    Saying Hitlery would get to control the DOJ when he thought she would win isn't a partisan distraction.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

In the first part he said she's a liar and that the FBI shouldn't have dropped the investigation when they did. I haven't seen where he's contradicted himself, saying Hillary will get away with something and talking about an investigation that is already underway are apples and oranges if you ask me.

Still not clear on the principle here, you seem to think that if one candidate is in he should be immune from investigation and not the other? The Judge has seemed pretty steady in his principles on this.
    No he doesn't, he keeps saying Trump doesn't get to control the DOJ and isn't immune.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast