Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Judge Swamp strikes again

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by PAF View Post
    Napolitano: The Feds Violate their Own Laws (and the Constitution) with Border Separations

https://mises.org/wire/napolitano-fe...er-separations

ANALYSIS/OPINION:

The tone of the debate over the nation’s immigration laws has taken an ugly turn as some office-seekers offer solutions to problems that don’t exist.

The natural rights of all persons consist of areas of human behavior for which we do not need and will not accept the need for a government permission slip.

We all expect that the government will leave us alone when we think, speak, publish, worship, defend ourselves, enter our homes, choose our mates or travel. The list of natural rights is endless.

We expect this not because we are Americans, but because we are persons and these rights are integral to our nature. We expect this in America because the Constitution was written to restrain the government from interfering with natural rights.

When these first principles are violated to advance a political cause or to quell public fear, those whose rights are violated because of an immutable characteristic of birth, not because of personal culpability, become the victims of ugly public indifference or official government repression. The American history of government treatment of Africans and their offspring and the European history of government treatment of the Jewish people are poignant and terrible examples of this.

Today, the potential victims of public indifference and government repression are Hispanics in America. Hispanics here without documentation are being demonized because of the politics of nativism. Nativism — we are exceptional; we are better people than they are; we were here first — is very dangerous and leads to ugly results.

The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution underscore the truism that all persons have the same natural rights, irrespective of where their mothers were when they delivered them.

The right to travel is a natural right, even though it was not until 1969 that the Supreme Court recognized it as such. The court protects natural rights
    by imposing a very high bar for the government to meet before it can interfere with them, absent due process.

The high bar is called strict scrutiny. It requires that the government demonstrate an articulated area of jurisdiction and a compelling state interest served by the least restrictive alternative before it can treat a person differently or uniquely because of his or her place of birth. A compelling state interest is one that is necessary to preserve life or the state’s existence, and it must be addressed using the least force and causing the least interference with personal liberty possible.

This test was written so as to give the government wiggle room in a crisis and to make it intentionally difficult — nearly impossible — to write laws that apply only to discrete groups when membership in them is determined by birth.

But the Constitution itself — from which all federal powers derive — does not delegate to the federal government power over immigration, only over naturalization.

Thus, when the government’s motivation for enacting immigration laws is to further genuine compelling foreign policy goals, the laws will be upheld. But when the government’s motivation is nativism or fear or hatred or favoritism, strict scrutiny will operate to defeat those laws.

Shortly after the first federal immigration statute was enacted in the 1880s — the Chinese Exclusion Act — the Supreme Court ruled that aliens, whether here legally or illegally, are persons, and the Constitution protects all persons from governmental deprivation of life, liberty and property without due process.

In the same era, the court held that all babies born here of alien mothers are citizens.

The Fourteenth Amendment requires this, and its language is inclusive: “All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof are citizens of the United States…” Though written to protect former slaves, its language is not limited to them.

Some well-intended folks have argued that the language “all persons” doesn’t really mean “all” because it is modified by “and subject to the jurisdiction (of the United States).” But that language refers to the offspring of mothers who, though here, are still subject to a foreign government — like foreign diplomats, agents or military. It does not refer to those fleeing foreign governments. It does not — and cannot — impose an intent requirement upon infants.

My guess is that nearly “all persons” reading this are beneficiaries of this clause because they — you — were born here.

When the history of our times is written, it might relate that the majority repressed the rights of minorities by demonizing them using appeals to group prejudice — by blaming entire ethnic groups for the criminal behavior of some few members of those groups.

That history might reflect that this was done for short-term political gain.

If that happens, it will have changed America far more radically and dangerously than any wave of undocumented immigrants did.

And that would be profoundly and perhaps irreparably un-American.

By Andrew P. Napolitano

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...-give-governm/
    https://www.constitution.org/cmt/law_of_nations.htm

The meaning of "Offenses against the Law of Nations"

Art. I Sec. 8 Cl. 10 of the Constitution for the United States delegates the power to Congress to "define and punish ... Offenses against the Law of Nations". It is important to understand what is and is not included in the term of art "law of nations", and not confuse it with "international law". They are not the same thing. The phrase "law of nations" is a direct translation of the Latin jus gentium, which means the underlying principles of right and justice among nations, and during the founding era was not considered the same as the "laws", that is, the body of treaties and conventions between nations, the jus inter gentes, which, combined with jus gentium, comprise the field of "international law". The distinction goes back to ancient Roman Law.

Briefly, the Law of Nations at the point of ratification in 1788 included the following general elements, taken from Blackstone's Commentaries, and prosecution of those who might violate them:

(1) No attacks on foreign nations, their citizens, or shipping, without either a declaration of war or letters of marque and reprisal.

(2) Honoring of the flag of truce, peace treaties, and boundary treaties. No entry across national borders without permission of national authorities.

(3) Protection of wrecked ships, their passengers and crew, and their cargo, from depredation by those who might find them.

(4) Prosecution of piracy by whomever might be able to capture the pirates, even if those making the capture or their nations had not been victims.

(5) Care and decent treatment of prisoners of war.

(6) Protection of foreign embassies, ambassadors, and diplomats, and of foreign ships and their passengers, crew, and cargo while in domestic waters or in port.

(7) Honoring of extradition treaties for criminals who committed crimes in a nation with whom one has such a treaty who escape to one's territory or are found on the high seas established with all nations in 1788,

(8) Prohibition of enslavement of foreign nationals and international trading in slaves.
    Last edited by Swordsmyth; 08-12-2019 at 02:32 PM.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

"But the Constitution itself — from which all federal powers derive — does not delegate to the federal government power over immigration, only over naturalization."

Maybe it does:

1. Commerce Clause -- was this the source of Congress' authority to prohibit the slave trade after 1807?

2. Law of Nations Clause (Article I, Section 8, Clause 10). See https://i2i.org/where-congresss-powe...on-comes-from/ and https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...r-immigration/ for opposing views
    We have long had death and taxes as the two standards of inevitability. But there are those who believe that death is the preferable of the two. "At least," as one man said, "there's one advantage about death; it doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."
    Erwin N. Griswold

Taxes: Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get an automatic extension.
    Anonymous

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Then he condemned hate. Do you believe his condemnations? He has, after all, praised the white supremacists at Charlottesville, Virginia, in 2017 as "good people," even though one of them pleaded guilty to the first-degree murder of a young black woman, and even though, as a candidate and later as president, he argued that the southwest United States was being "invaded" and "infested" by Hispanics.

That white supremacy ideology — "let's repel the Hispanic invaders because the feds won't do so" — resonates in the El Paso killer's manifesto, which he published about 20 minutes before he began killing. That ideology is far more widespread than most Americans realize. The FBI recently demonstrated as much. This form of hatred of people because of their immutable characteristics breeds violence.

More at: http://www.judgenap.com/post/a-few-w...rsonal-liberty

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Then he condemned hate. Do you believe his condemnations? He has, after all, praised the white supremacists at Charlottesville, Virginia, in 2017 as "good people," even though one of them pleaded guilty to the first-degree murder of a young black woman, and even though, as a candidate and later as president, he argued that the southwest United States was being "invaded" and "infested" by Hispanics.

That white supremacy ideology — "let's repel the Hispanic invaders because the feds won't do so" — resonates in the El Paso killer's manifesto, which he published about 20 minutes before he began killing. That ideology is far more widespread than most Americans realize. The FBI recently demonstrated as much. This form of hatred of people because of their immutable characteristics breeds violence.

More at: http://www.judgenap.com/post/a-few-w...rsonal-liberty
    Clearly appears that the Judge whom I respected for years, is on a mission, a personal
    vendetta of some kind, he is morphing into Judge Andrew CNN.

And as you know, I'm pretty much done with Trump , but Nap is off the cliff, to the point he will take
    anything out of context that he can grab and mold it into his own creation, to fit his agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Clearly appears that the Judge whom I respected for years, is on a mission, a personal
    vendetta of some kind, he is morphing into Judge Andrew CNN.

And as you know, I'm pretty much done with Trump , but Nap is off the cliff, to the point he will take
    anything out of context that he can grab and mold it into his own creation, to fit his agenda.
    I would be disgusted with Judge Swamp if I hated Trump's guts.

He has thrown all principle out the window.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I would be disgusted with Judge Swamp if I hated Trump's guts.

He has thrown all principle out the window.
    I believe that , I realize you still support Trump and I get that , the good thing imv is that both
    of us are honest enough to call blsht where we see it, regardless of our 'loyalty' , pure,blind loyalty
    is a dangerous thing.

I believe that , I realize you still support Trump and I get that , the good thing imv is that both
    of us are honest enough to call blsht where we see it, regardless of our 'loyalty' , pure,blind loyalty
    is a dangerous thing.
    Trump is hanging by a thread over gun control.
    Oddly enough Rand is too.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

These are interesting times aren't they, Rand , who would have guessed, of course ,
    oddly enough this may justify or support the dozens of times I've stated that Rand is no Ron.

Ron in his day was 1000% Rand , not quite there, this reminds also of what a pos imv, Trey Gowdy
    turned out to be, I raved about him until I found out that the only thing in his tool kit was a lot of wit and a big bark, NO ACTION.

These are interesting times aren't they, Rand , who would have guessed, of course ,
    oddly enough this may justify or support the dozens of times I've stated that Rand is no Ron.

Ron in his day was 1000% Rand , not quite there, this reminds also of what a pos imv, Trey Gowdy
    turned out to be, I raved about him until I found out that the only thing in his tool kit was a lot of wit and a big bark, NO ACTION.
    You don't ever know who's got impurities until the heat melts them.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You don't ever know who's got impurities until the heat melts them.
    Love it, of course I'm a tad less poetic,; the fkrs are sellouts!!
    They've been bought out, sold out, or scared out.....

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Randal isn't going to vote for any Red Flag laws, this is just his long held tactic of sounding reasonable in order to make the opposition sound crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Randal isn't going to vote for any Red Flag laws, this is just his long held tactic of sounding reasonable in order to make the opposition sound crazy.
    I hope so, just like I hope that Trump is doing the same thing but I vehemently disagree with the tactic because it is moving the overton window towards the enemy.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

March 21, 2017

Trump's support -- calling Napolitano a "very talented lawyer" -- came after Napolitano went on Fox and repeatedly relayed information from anonymous sources about former President Obama using the British to spy on Trump.

Napolitano's TV segments were used by the White House to give the president a boost, but the explosive claims were strongly denied by American and British authorities. And Fox's own news anchors disavowed Napolitano's claims.

He has occasionally been a subject of the news himself. Shortly before inauguration day, Napolitano had a one-on-one meeting with Trump about Supreme Court nomination possibilities.

https://money.cnnpc.com/2017/03/20/m...ews/index.html

From flat out stating that a foreign agent was used to spy on Trump to a 180, calling for Trump's impeachment and a steady stream of "that's racist" venom. Is this sour grapes over not getting a SCOTUS position? Threatened (or blackmailed) by intel agencies? His about face after the suspension from Fox has been nothing short of Orwellian. Something is seriously wrong with this guy.

I hope so, just like I hope that Trump is doing the same thing but I vehemently disagree with the tactic because it is moving the overton window towards the enemy.
    Rush Limbaugh has been the only one to call this "white supremacist" BS for what it is - FICTION. In my entire life, I have never met one and I've know my fair share of rednecks. Funny the liberty judge has fvck all to say about the very serious threat of Antifa, a communist army of violent radicals.

Quote Originally Posted by susano View Post
    March 21, 2017

Trump's support -- calling Napolitano a "very talented lawyer" -- came after Napolitano went on Fox and repeatedly relayed information from anonymous sources about former President Obama using the British to spy on Trump.

Napolitano's TV segments were used by the White House to give the president a boost, but the explosive claims were strongly denied by American and British authorities. And Fox's own news anchors disavowed Napolitano's claims.

He has occasionally been a subject of the news himself. Shortly before inauguration day, Napolitano had a one-on-one meeting with Trump about Supreme Court nomination possibilities.

https://money.cnnpc.com/2017/03/20/m...ews/index.html

From flat out stating that a foreign agent was used to spy on Trump to a 180, calling for Trump's impeachment and a steady stream of "that's racist" venom. Is this sour grapes over not getting a SCOTUS position? Threatened (or blackmailed) by intel agencies? His about face after the suspension from Fox has been nothing short of Orwellian. Something is seriously wrong with this guy.
    He said he was amazed about what the FBI dug up about him when they did a background check, I think he has some dirt (probably sexual since he's a qweer) and is succumbing to blackmail.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Rush Limbaugh has been the only one to call this "white supremacist" BS for what it is - FICTION. In my entire life, I have never met one and I've know my fair share of rednecks. Funny the liberty judge has fvck all to say about the very serious threat of Antifa, a communist army of violent radicals.
    Tucker said it was a hoax too.

Not attacking AntiFa is a huge red flag.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Tucker said it was a hoax too.

Not attacking AntiFa is a huge red flag.
    Yes, and thanks for that correction. Tucker, too. It infuriates me that someone advised Trump (probably that idiot daughter) to get out there and condemn something that doesn't exist. The non existence of white supremacy is what Trump should have addressed. As you point out, Overton Window and Trump allowed another false narrative to get some legs by giving it oxygen.

I agree that Nap must have been blackmailed. He makes me sick.

^Exactly this

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Fox News Judge Andrew Napolitano walked back statements he made earlier this week that former FBI director James Comey broke the law when he shared memos he wrote about meetings with the president. "I jumped the gun here the other day," he told the hosts of Fox & Friends.

"This may not be too popular here, but I thought Comey was pretty compelling last night with Anderson Cooper," Napolitano said.

"Not all leaks are criminal," Napolitano continued. "If it’s not classified it’s not criminal."

"At the time this occurred — by this I mean, Professor Richman reading to selected members of the media, selected nonclassified portions of one of the memos — Jim Comey was a private citizen," Napolitano said.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...e_the_law.html

What a weasel. I'm pretty sure that notes from an official and private security briefing with the president, at the time that Comey was the director of the FBI, which he admits he leaked to predicate the appointment of a special counsel, constitutes government business, not "private citizen" whatever. Nap is a liar.

Fox News Judge Andrew Napolitano walked back statements he made earlier this week that former FBI director James Comey broke the law when he shared memos he wrote about meetings with the president. "I jumped the gun here the other day," he told the hosts of Fox & Friends.

"This may not be too popular here, but I thought Comey was pretty compelling last night with Anderson Cooper," Napolitano said.

"Not all leaks are criminal," Napolitano continued. "If it’s not classified it’s not criminal."

"At the time this occurred — by this I mean, Professor Richman reading to selected members of the media, selected nonclassified portions of one of the memos — Jim Comey was a private citizen," Napolitano said.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...e_the_law.html

What a weasel. I'm pretty sure that notes from an official and private security briefing with the president, at the time that Comey was the director of the FBI, which he admits he leaked to predicate the appointment of a special counsel, constitutes government business, not "private citizen" whatever. Nap is a liar.
    I voiced my opposition to anything Nap says, several months ago , none stop, I idolized Nap, I don't trust him
    now as far as you could throw him.

I also jumped off the Trump train when he started putting Israel first ahead of America, ignoring their war crimes,
    cutting off poor south American countries while continuing to allow Billions to Israel.
    I was a huge supporter of Trump, when he failed to see Hillary to Prison , I started to watch him, Hilary never
    goes to Prison under anyone's authority, we are all lied to and cheated constantly.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to susano again.

I voiced my opposition to anything Nap says, several months ago , none stop, I idolized Nap, I don't trust him
    now as far as you could throw him.

I also jumped off the Trump train when he started putting Israel first ahead of America, ignoring their war crimes,
    cutting off poor south American countries while continuing to allow Billions to Israel.
    I was a huge supporter of Trump, when he failed to see Hillary to Prison , I started to watch him, Hilary never
    goes to Prison under anyone's authority, we are all lied to and cheated constantly.
    My Trump support began with his attack on political correctness. That has had a big effect and it matters because PC is cultural Marxism. He's done some other good things but has lots to dislike (Israel, Saudi scum - Tulsi is right on Al Qaeda) but, as it stands it's Trump or Satan. It's not like we're gonna have Thomas Massey for president so what then? It will be a full blown neocon/neolib commie POS or Trump.

My Trump support began with his attack on political correctness. That has had a big effect and it matters because PC is cultural Marxism. He's done some other good things but has lots to dislike (Israel, Saudi scum - Tulsi is right on Al Qaeda) but, as it stands it's Trump or Satan. It's not like we're gonna have Thomas Massey for president so what then? It will be a full blown neocon/neolib commie POS or Trump.

Indeed , PC is a horrible disease.

I could right a lengthy book on why I supported Trump for 2 plus years, I was one of the most
    vocal youtube supporters, till I was life banned.
    I'm sure we shared mostly the same reasons for supporting Trump, I just had no idea that he would;

Lie about his intentions to see Hillary in Prison ( ''she's a nice person'')
    Russia gate would have never happened had Trump done what we expected him to do
    regarding Hillary , R G was a preemptive strike that had to work and it did, it was
    purely a Hillary Shield. Still I don't believe Trump was honest about Hillary , I think
    he had an agreement with her camp during or ahead of the election. RG just made
    sure the agreement would stick.

Continue to allow the Patriot Act

Talk up DHS and TSA

Bootlick Israel, ignore their War Crimes , and thievery, cut off poor Nations
    while continuing to send Israel, a very rich Nation billions , it
    could easily be argued that the real capital of the US is Israel.

Promise but fail to see to it that the IRS Code be simplified

Chip away at the 2nd amendment, and support the deletion of Due Process

End Obamacare

/

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567