Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Judge Swamp strikes again

Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Poet View Post
    I reread the article looking for what you said. Your original claim was that judge Napolitano said DOJ was not subject to any congressional oversight. Not only did he not say that, he said exactly the opposite:
    "the FBI and the DOJ...answered not only to the president but also to the House and Senate Judiciary committees...But the FBI's spying mission also subjected it to the scrutiny of two additional congressional committees, one in the House and one in the Senate." So then, what is his specific claim? He said "But it is not the role of Congress to do this in the midst of a criminal investigation, and it is not the role of a congressional intelligence committee to scrutinize law enforcement." So, because Napolitano believes that Congressional should wait until the investigation is not in process, and because he believes that the intelligence community isn't the one in charge of impeachment, you believe he's a swamp creature, a deep state plant, working for Clinton, and a traitor who can't be trusted? Do you realize how crazy you sound? It would seem as though you are anti-Nap merely because he doesn't sufficiently defend Trump, and because he doesn't sufficiently attack Hillary.
    He is trying to protect the coup attempt from Congressional oversight and it is part of a larger pattern that I have pointed out.
    You try to only discuss one item at time so that the pattern can be ignored and you dismiss blatantly lawless and unconstitutional things he says because of your prior loyalty to him and your dislike of Trump.
    You are the one who sounds crazy.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    He is trying to protect the coup attempt from Congressional oversight and it is part of a larger pattern that I have pointed out.
    You try to only discuss one item at time so that the pattern can be ignored and you dismiss blatantly lawless and unconstitutional things he says because of your prior loyalty to him and your dislike of Trump.
    You are the one who sounds crazy.
    Except patterns are made of parts. You make a series of claims, I discredit those claims, and you say it doesn't matter if those specific claims are true because there is a pattern. The problem with that is you made the pattern up from the now-discredited claims.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

Except patterns are made of parts. You make a series of claims, I discredit those claims, and you say it doesn't matter if those specific claims are true because there is a pattern. The problem with that is you made the pattern up from the now-discredited claims.
    You discredited nothing.
    You ignored some of the parts and you dismissed the rest.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

You discredited nothing.
    You ignored some of the parts and you dismissed the rest.
    I quoted the article you posted to demonstrate that you have either lied about or accidentally misconstrued Napolitano. That is neither ignoring nor dismissing. I responded to your initial lies in detail, but you ignored me. The truth is, you consider Trump being a good guy as axiomatic, and anyone who isn't sufficiently in his favor is against him in your partisan mind. Actually, you are not a partisan. Your beliefs are even more simplistic than that. You believe the entire political landscape can be defined by not two whole parties, but two individuals: Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. Seriously take a step back and read your posts like someone else wrote them. Your just attacking anyone who doesn't sufficiently defend Trump.
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy

I quoted the article you posted to demonstrate that you have either lied about or accidentally misconstrued Napolitano.
    No I didn't, Congress has the right to exercise oversight on the Russiagate coup whether it is still in progress or not, if you didn't let your dislike of Trump get in the way you would admit that.

That is neither ignoring nor dismissing. I responded to your initial lies in detail, but you ignored me.
    You have ignored many of my issues with Swampy entirely and dismissed the rest, you haven't shown one thing Swampy did to be correct.

The truth is, you consider Trump being a good guy as axiomatic, and anyone who isn't sufficiently in his favor is against him in your partisan mind. Actually, you are not a partisan. Your beliefs are even more simplistic than that. You believe the entire political landscape can be defined by not two whole parties, but two individuals: Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. Seriously take a step back and read your posts like someone else wrote them. Your just attacking anyone who doesn't sufficiently defend Trump.
    Nope, I have attacked Trump when he is wrong and I let others attack him without argument when it is unclear whether he is wrong.

I am the one who is being objective while you reflexively refuse to see anything wrong with Napolitano no matter how blatant because of a blind loyalty to him and a dislike for Trump.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I quoted the article you posted to demonstrate that you have either lied about or accidentally misconstrued Napolitano. That is neither ignoring nor dismissing. I responded to your initial lies in detail, but you ignored me. The truth is, you consider Trump being a good guy as axiomatic, and anyone who isn't sufficiently in his favor is against him in your partisan mind. Actually, you are not a partisan. Your beliefs are even more simplistic than that. You believe the entire political landscape can be defined by not two whole parties, but two individuals: Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. Seriously take a step back and read your posts like someone else wrote them. Your just attacking anyone who doesn't sufficiently defend Trump.
    The truth is probably stranger than fiction. Companies like Cambridge Analytica are most likely doing the bidding of the deep state. I think if this is true then they are about to drop a huge figurative bombshell because they seem to be propping up Trump to Obama popularity levels using all the same ole tricks.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to The Rebel Poet again
    There is no spoon.

I am the one who is being objective while you reflexively refuse to see anything wrong with Napolitano no matter how blatant because of a blind loyalty to him and a dislike for Trump.
    That's pure, unadulterated bull$#@!. But maybe if you say it over and over like a good little propagandist, somebody somewhere will believe it.
    We believe our lying eyes...

Judge Andrew Napolitano: John McCain and me

About four years ago, I was browsing through one of Manhattan’s last remaining independent bookstores, when my cellphone rang. I didn’t recognize the incoming telephone number, with its 202 area code, but I assumed it was a Fox News colleague from our Washington bureau.

When I answered the phone, a somewhat familiar but somber voice said: "Judge Napolitano, your reward for what you did today will not come from your colleagues or viewers or even on earth but in heaven."

What had I done to deserve this?

Earlier that day, Dianne Feinstein, a Democrat from California who was then the chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee, had defied her own committee members, congressional leadership from both houses of Congress and from both political parties, officials of the CIA, and even the Obama White House when she released on the floor of the Senate a 6,000-plus-page report detailing the use of torture by CIA officials in the George W. Bush administration -- all of it unlawful.

She actually made the report public while physically standing on the floor of the Senate, where her speech is absolutely protected from government retaliation by the Speech and Debate Clause of the Constitution.

That clause recognizes and protects for members of Congress their complete freedom of speech while on the floor of the House or Senate, while doing congressional work and while traveling to Capitol Hill. Thus, even though she revealed top-secret materials in the report -- which, if you or I had revealed them or if she had revealed them in Los Angeles rather than in Washington, would have constituted the crime of espionage -- she was immune from all prosecution.

In response to the Feinstein revelations, my Fox News colleague and friend Shepard Smith and I spent about 30 minutes on-air that afternoon on his Fox News Channel show discussing the criminal behavior Feinstein had revealed, the constitutional protections she, as a member of the Senate, enjoyed, and the political firestorm she had courageously ignited.

As a believer in the rule of law and the bodily integrity of all people, I was full of praise for what Feinstein had just done. When the government breaks the laws it has sworn to uphold, Shep Smith and I argued, the people have a right to know about it.

But many of Sen. Feinstein’s colleagues did not see it that way. Many of those who never endured torture and those believing that the end justifies the means accepted the myth that torture works -- that the victim tells the truth; and in their view, obtaining the truth is worth the cost in lawbreaking and body-breaking.

Only one Republican senator publicly supported what Feinstein had just done. He was my caller that afternoon in the bookstore, John McCain.

I thought of his call and our many ensuing conversations when I learned of his death this past weekend, a few days shy of his 82nd birthday.

McCain and I had hundreds of conversations. He knew that I knew that he was a bellicose warmonger and an uncritical supporter of unlimited military spending; and he was often indifferent to the consequences of those views.

But he was also the victim of prolonged and horrific torture during the Vietnam War, which he could have avoided. He told me many times that torture so distorts the mind that the victim’s consequent speech is utterly unworthy of belief.

He had become the leading congressional critic of torture, the prime congressional mover of making it all unlawful -- the Bush Department of Justice notwithstanding, it already was unlawful at the time Bush ordered it -- and one of the few Americans anywhere who could speak on this detestable subject from the personal experiences of a victim.

Platitudes aside, the essence of the telephone conversation we had that day was that Bush had committed war crimes; that torture is absolutely prohibited by the Constitution, several treaties to which the United States is a party and numerous federal statutes; and that Sen. Feinstein had performed a positive public good by revealing it.

It was Sen. McCain’s view that even if he was powerless to prevent government lawbreaking, it is better for the American people to know painful truths than to remain in the dark.

Shortly after our phone conversation, McCain went to the floor of the Senate and delivered one of his classic tirades against torture. In it, he attacked President Bush, who ordered and authorized it, and President Barack Obama, who covered it up.

This week, those two former presidents. firmly in McCain’s crosshairs four years ago, are each delivering a eulogy at McCain’s funeral -- willingly, dutifully and at his request.

The John McCain I knew discussed only torture, the right to life, and immigration with me -- perhaps because he knew we disagreed on nearly all other matters. But this tough old Arizona bird, this lifelong warrior, this unorthodox maverick who really was neither a Republican nor a Democrat, knew how to keep friends and monitor enemies.

He was a multidimensional man in a secular era, and he was not happy about America at the end of his days.

Yet in this age of few heroes, and on topics that intimately touch the human heart and soul, he was the genuine article.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/...in-and-me.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

^I don't mind that article too much, in fact, McCain was absolutely right about torture. Unfortunately he was wrong about literally everything else. He was also a war monger who was responsible for a lot of violence, and in no way does his stance on torture make up for that.. but it is worth mentioning from time to time because it is an important issue.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Judge Andrew Napolitano: John McCain and me

About four years ago, I was browsing through one of Manhattan’s last remaining independent bookstores, when my cellphone rang. I didn’t recognize the incoming telephone number, with its 202 area code, but I assumed it was a Fox News colleague from our Washington bureau.

When I answered the phone, a somewhat familiar but somber voice said: "Judge Napolitano, your reward for what you did today will not come from your colleagues or viewers or even on earth but in heaven."

What had I done to deserve this?

Earlier that day, Dianne Feinstein, a Democrat from California who was then the chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee, had defied her own committee members, congressional leadership from both houses of Congress and from both political parties, officials of the CIA, and even the Obama White House when she released on the floor of the Senate a 6,000-plus-page report detailing the use of torture by CIA officials in the George W. Bush administration -- all of it unlawful.

She actually made the report public while physically standing on the floor of the Senate, where her speech is absolutely protected from government retaliation by the Speech and Debate Clause of the Constitution.

That clause recognizes and protects for members of Congress their complete freedom of speech while on the floor of the House or Senate, while doing congressional work and while traveling to Capitol Hill. Thus, even though she revealed top-secret materials in the report -- which, if you or I had revealed them or if she had revealed them in Los Angeles rather than in Washington, would have constituted the crime of espionage -- she was immune from all prosecution.

In response to the Feinstein revelations, my Fox News colleague and friend Shepard Smith and I spent about 30 minutes on-air that afternoon on his Fox News Channel show discussing the criminal behavior Feinstein had revealed, the constitutional protections she, as a member of the Senate, enjoyed, and the political firestorm she had courageously ignited.

As a believer in the rule of law and the bodily integrity of all people, I was full of praise for what Feinstein had just done. When the government breaks the laws it has sworn to uphold, Shep Smith and I argued, the people have a right to know about it.

But many of Sen. Feinstein’s colleagues did not see it that way. Many of those who never endured torture and those believing that the end justifies the means accepted the myth that torture works -- that the victim tells the truth; and in their view, obtaining the truth is worth the cost in lawbreaking and body-breaking.

Only one Republican senator publicly supported what Feinstein had just done. He was my caller that afternoon in the bookstore, John McCain.

I thought of his call and our many ensuing conversations when I learned of his death this past weekend, a few days shy of his 82nd birthday.

McCain and I had hundreds of conversations. He knew that I knew that he was a bellicose warmonger and an uncritical supporter of unlimited military spending; and he was often indifferent to the consequences of those views.

But he was also the victim of prolonged and horrific torture during the Vietnam War, which he could have avoided. He told me many times that torture so distorts the mind that the victim’s consequent speech is utterly unworthy of belief.

He had become the leading congressional critic of torture, the prime congressional mover of making it all unlawful -- the Bush Department of Justice notwithstanding, it already was unlawful at the time Bush ordered it -- and one of the few Americans anywhere who could speak on this detestable subject from the personal experiences of a victim.

Platitudes aside, the essence of the telephone conversation we had that day was that Bush had committed war crimes; that torture is absolutely prohibited by the Constitution, several treaties to which the United States is a party and numerous federal statutes; and that Sen. Feinstein had performed a positive public good by revealing it.

It was Sen. McCain’s view that even if he was powerless to prevent government lawbreaking, it is better for the American people to know painful truths than to remain in the dark.

Shortly after our phone conversation, McCain went to the floor of the Senate and delivered one of his classic tirades against torture. In it, he attacked President Bush, who ordered and authorized it, and President Barack Obama, who covered it up.

This week, those two former presidents. firmly in McCain’s crosshairs four years ago, are each delivering a eulogy at McCain’s funeral -- willingly, dutifully and at his request.

The John McCain I knew discussed only torture, the right to life, and immigration with me -- perhaps because he knew we disagreed on nearly all other matters. But this tough old Arizona bird, this lifelong warrior, this unorthodox maverick who really was neither a Republican nor a Democrat, knew how to keep friends and monitor enemies.

He was a multidimensional man in a secular era, and he was not happy about America at the end of his days.

Yet in this age of few heroes, and on topics that intimately touch the human heart and soul, he was the genuine article.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/...in-and-me.html
    Is there a problem with this? I don't see it. Judge nap was only referring to McCain's opposition to torture when no other Republican senator would. Ron Paul is the only other Republican at the time to share the same criticism.

Was he too nice for your taste? He even called McCain a war monger.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    ^I don't mind that article too much, in fact, McCain was absolutely right about torture. Unfortunately he was wrong about literally everything else. He was also a war monger who was responsible for a lot of violence, and in no way does his stance on torture make up for that.. but it is worth mentioning from time to time because it is an important issue.
    Yes, but there is no need to pander to his memory or to Feinstein, if he had just said "I have been taught not to speak ill of the dead so I will discuss the only thing about him that can be praised" I wouldn't have added it to this thread.

McCain has too many people singing his praises already.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmastersexsay View Post
    Is there a problem with this? I don't see it. Judge nap was only referring to McCain's opposition to torture when no other Republican senator would. Ron Paul is the only other Republican at the time to share the same criticism.

Was he too nice for your taste? He even called McCain a war monger.
    He was too complimentary:

But this tough old Arizona bird, this lifelong warrior, this unorthodox maverick who really was neither a Republican nor a Democrat
    He was a multidimensional man
    Those are lies, McCain was no hero.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Did McCain's foreign policy make torture less likely or more likely to occur?

Did his policies of war and destruction creating a refugee crisis make people more or less likely to accept free movement of people?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post

Did his policies of war and destruction creating a refugee crisis make people more or less likely to accept free movement of people?
    Did you read my third sentence?
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

McCain was a piece advocate.

Yes, but there is no need to pander to his memory or to Feinstein, if he had just said "I have been taught not to speak ill of the dead so I will discuss the only thing about him that can be praised" I wouldn't have added it to this thread.

McCain has too many people singing his praises already.
    Ya the last sentence was a little creepy. Did he call him a hero? Or just a "genuine article". Dunno.. hopefully he is just sucking up to the deep state so they will let him be a Supreme Court judge. But I'm glad he called McCain a war monger as well.

Did you read my third sentence?
    Your third sentence did not mention that all of the things Napolitano mentioned, McCain's foreign policy effectively worked to accomplish the opposite.

Which Napolitano did not mention either.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Your third sentence did not mention that all of the things Napolitano mentioned, McCain's foreign policy effectively worked to accomplish the opposite.

Which Napolitano did not mention either.
    Wrong.

My third sentence did precisely that.

He was also a war monger who was responsible for a lot of violence, and in no way does his stance on torture make up for that..
    So his stance on torture does not make up for being a neocon warhawk - but by itself, he had a correct position that very few other warhawks hold and it was better that he held that position and promoted it than not.

Napolitano was less specific, but I think he has been doing some sucking up to the deep state lately so they will let him be a SC Justice.

Wrong.

My third sentence did precisely that.
    Yeah. Okay.

Those with an inkling of reading comprehension can see that for all of the issues Napolitano slob knobbed McCain over, his foreign policy position actively worked to the opposite of them.

Such as torture becoming more likely and a refugee crisis effectively sealing the anti-immigration crowd's resolve in their position.

Saying that violence was more likely to occur because of McCain's foreign policy does not equal what I responded.

You want someone to know what you meant? How about saying it.

Yeah. Okay.

Those with an inkling of reading comprehension can see that for all of the issues Napolitano slob knobbed McCain over, his foreign policy position actively worked to the opposite of them.

Such as torture becoming more likely and a refugee crisis effectively sealing the anti-immigration crowd's resolve in their position.

Saying that violence was more likely to occur because of McCain's foreign policy does not equal what I responded.

You want someone to know what you meant? How about saying it.
    I did, I said that his position on torture didn't overcome his position on wars by a long stretch.. just that his position on torture by itself was correct. I didn't explain that the reason his position on torture didn't overcome his position on wars was because the wars lead to more torture, but that was the reasoning behind the statement.

I did, I said that his position on torture didn't overcome his position on wars by a long stretch.. just that his position on torture by itself was correct. I didn't explain that the reason his position on torture didn't overcome his position on wars was because the wars lead to more torture, but that was the reasoning behind the statement.
    Lol.

So it was said but wasn't said and as well, did not equal to what I responded in the first place, however you meant for it to somewhat touch on an irony of praising the piece of $#@! that is John McCain?

Cool.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lol.

So it was said but wasn't said and as well, did not equal to what I responded in the first place, however you meant for it to somewhat touch on an irony of praising the piece of $#@! that is John McCain?

Cool.
    I didn't praise the piece, I just said I don't have a huge problem with it. He called McCain a war monger, said he disagreed with him on just about everything, but that there was one issue that they agreed on that is important and highlighted that - likely so that he can suck up to the deep state in case he is nominated for Ginsburg's spot.

Now if we can just get Napolitano to see the irony of praising a war monger for paying lip service to anti-torture policy, we can come close to having a journalist be honest about who John McCain really was.
    Last edited by kcchiefs6465; 08-30-2018 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    @5:30 Judge Swamp: I know how thorough they are(FBI). I couldn't believe the stuff they've found out about me.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://twitter.com/foxandfriends/st...17893989269504

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

They got him by the balls.

They got him by the balls.
    I will now give myself a round of applause for having identified him as compromised or complicit before many others.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I will now give myself a round of applause for having identified him as compromised or complicit before many others.

I hope you never look into Ron Paul.

I hope you never look into Ron Paul.
    I already know enough about Dr. Ron to be open minded about his potential "controlled opposition" status but I don't care because if he is controlled opposition he is a very bad mistake on his handlers part, he does far more good than any of his imperfect positions do harm.

I don't think he is controlled opposition because I could point to many connections in my own life that would make a conspiracy theory researcher have doubts about me and I know they would be wrong.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast