Thread: Power Goes Out Across All Of Crimea: Entire Peninsula Loses Electricity

Default Power Goes Out Across All Of Crimea: Entire Peninsula Loses Electricity

According to Reuters and local news agency Kryminform, on Wednesday the entire peninsula of Crimea lost power around 3:25 p.m., local time.
    “All Crimea and Sevastopol are without power. It's down everywhere. We're looking into the cause,” a source told the website. Locals have also reported problems with mobile phone service.

• MAIN CITIES IN CRIMEA SUFFER POWER BLACKOUT - TWO WITNESSES - Reuters
    • HEAD OF CRIMEA CONFIRMS POWER BLACKOUT ON THE WHOLE TERRITORY OF CRIMEA

As Meduza.io reports, Kubanenergo (the Kuban Power and Electrification Open Joint Stock Company) confirmed a large-scale “technical shutdown” of the power line that feeds electricity to the Crimean peninsula, telling Kryminform that it expects to fix the issue within two hours.
    But before speculation builds that this is some US government black hat hacker launching a cyber war against Ukraine Russia, Tass cites a source in Russia's emergency management service who said that the reason for the power outage is an accident at the “Taman” substation in the Krasnodar Territory.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...es-electricity

Was it an accident or an "accident"?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

https://news.sky.com/story/total-bla...ation-11403745

The prime minister of the region, which Russia annexed from Ukraine in 2014, said the power outage had been caused by a surge in electricity at a power station in Taman, southern Russia, triggering an automatic shutdown.

On Wednesday, PM Sergei Aksyonov, said on social media that the power would be restored within three hours.

Russian state power grid company Rosseti later confirmed power had been restored after a total blackout. The firm said it needed "just over an hour" to restore power to the Black Sea region.
    The newspaper said the Russian government had started enforcing temporary blackouts last year to prevent overloading the energy supply system, leaving thousands without air conditioning.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 06-13-2018 at 09:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post

Half the crap I write here is just to entertain myself.
    I am Zippy and I approve of this post. But you don't have to.