Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Won At The Summit? Trump or Kim?

Who Won At The Summit? Trump or Kim?

Who Won At The Summit? Trump or Kim?

Yesterday's summit meeting between President Trump and North Korean leader Kim was one for the history books. Will this open the door to a peace that has eluded the peninsula for 70 years? The signs are positive...and the neocons are furious!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe the answer is "both"?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Maybe the answer is "both"?
    How about almost everybody?

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    How about almost everybody?
    Humanity.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Trump won by a huge amount, so big you have no idea
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

I get tired of Dr. Ron being such a wet blanket. "All this good happened, but all this bad is still happening." This just aggravates me to death. Trump is one man. He is ticking off the boxes one by one. It's not two years yet.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

I don't care which personality won, I only give a darn about whether I am getting nuked or not.

Both agree - Small Hands are the Best

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    I get tired of Dr. Ron being such a wet blanket. "All this good happened, but all this bad is still happening." This just aggravates me to death. Trump is one man. He is ticking off the boxes one by one. It's not two years yet.
    I watched the entire video. It all sounded very positive. I much have missed the "wet blanket" part. What time did that happen?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Go back and listen again. It was hard enough to listen to the first time. Dr. Ron said it.

I'm trying to get supper on the table.
    #NashvilleStrong

12:08 and if my dinner is burned....
    #NashvilleStrong

To be encouraged and positive means to say, "This was a really good move," and then stop talking. They don't have to fill 18 minutes burying the fact that this meeting is unprecedented. No American President has ever met with the Premier of DRK. We've been at war with those people since before I was born.

Sure all the Middle East nonsense is still going on. Our best option is to pull out and let them fight to the death. Build the wall there.
    #NashvilleStrong

One more point: Suppose Dr. Ron had been elected President. What would he have accomplished at the 18 month mark? Not much, I would guess. He is a Constitutionalist and respects the enumerated powers of Congress. He would not have gotten squat by Congress. They would still spend money like drunken sailors. The IRS would still be right up our tookuses like they’ve always been. We would would still be involved in unconstitutional wars, and we would still be groped at airports. The war on drugs would still be going on, property rights would still be down the toilet, and unborn babies would still be sucked into sinks.

That’s nothing against Dr. Ron. I’m just saying that with all the experience he has in Washington, he should be a lot more positive about things he advocates when they are being accomplished, however small they are.
    #NashvilleStrong

12:08 and if my dinner is burned....
    Almost at the end. It was all positive or fairly neutral until that minor comment about neocons in his Administration, and a reminder that other parts of foreign policy, especially the Middle East, is a mess. Then they immediately go on to praise Dennis Rodman. Pretty positive except for about 30 seconds to remind about other areas.

To be encouraged and positive means to say, "This was a really good move," and then stop talking. They don't have to fill 18 minutes burying the fact that this meeting is unprecedented. No American President has ever met with the Premier of DRK. We've been at war with those people since before I was born.

Sure all the Middle East nonsense is still going on. Our best option is to pull out and let them fight to the death. Build the wall there.
    They are doing a 18-30 minute show. The discussion was not about burying anything. They talked extensively about the good aspects of it. They are not going to come on and say "Good morning! Great job Trump! Congratulations! That was historic! Goodbye everybody, have a nice day."
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 06-15-2018 at 09:56 AM.

One more point: Suppose Dr. Ron had been elected President. What would he have accomplished at the 18 month mark? Not much, I would guess. He is a Constitutionalist and respects the enumerated powers of Congress. He would not have gotten squat by Congress. They would still spend money like drunken sailors. The IRS would still be right up our tookuses like they’ve always been. We would would still be involved in unconstitutional wars, and we would still be groped at airports. The war on drugs would still be going on, property rights would still be down the toilet, and unborn babies would still be sucked into sinks.

That’s nothing against Dr. Ron. I’m just saying that with all the experience he has in Washington, he should be a lot more positive about things he advocates when they are being accomplished, however small they are.
    Yes, it would be very diffferent. Ron would be using his veto power, and there would have been a government shutdown. If we were lucky, we'd be on day 500 of a government shutdown.

And don't know how he could have been any more positive than he was in that episode.

Too soon to tell. Hopefully the world.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    They are doing a 18-30 minute show. The discussion was not about burying anything. They talked extensively about the good aspects of it. They are not going to come on and say "Good morning! Great job Trump! Congratulations! That was historic! Goodbye everybody, have a nice day."
    Then move on to a different topic. Acknowledge the good things that happened and move on.
    #NashvilleStrong

Yes, it would be very diffferent. Ron would be using his veto power, and there would have been a government shutdown. If we were lucky, we'd be on day 500 of a government shutdown.
    I doubt that. The current Washington crowd hate Dr. Ron as much as they do Trump. They would have plenty of votes to override the veto.

Don't let your hatred of Trump color your sense of reason.
    #NashvilleStrong

Ron is simply too slow. It was always an issue but many chose to overlook this.

For once, timosman, I so agree. I talked about Rand's inability to be concise. Dr. Ron is ten times worse. Part of a doctor's job is to educate his patients. I can't imagine having a doctor who can't be clear and concise.

Libertarians would do much better if their spokesman could be concise. Spit it out. Sheesh.
    Last edited by euphemia; 06-14-2018 at 05:22 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

The deep state / shadow government would be open for business. Not to mention, you shut down this government for very long and a civil war would most certainly break out--which is exactly what Anti-Americans want.

I love Dr. Paul but it is not as easy as, "we marched right in, we can march right out."

This corruption didn't happen overnight, you cannot shut it all down overnight.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I'm glad you all are seeing this. Expecting to go from here to a completely Constitutional government in the blink of an eye cannot happen. It can't be done if a President is committed to the Constitution. The specific enumerated powers of government are at play. Each Supreme Court decision would have to be overturned. Each law would have to be up for a vote to repeal.

The easiest way to to do it would be to veto budgets and require Congress to make the necessary cuts. That will take years.

Libertarians would do themselves a favor if they were a little bit more optimistic and hopeful and if they held their congresspeople's feet to the fire.
    #NashvilleStrong

Couldn't we send somebody else? Who?

Cigar diplomacy 101

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    Couldn't we send somebody else? Who?
    An experienced diplomat, Dennis Rodman.

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He cried on TV.

Rodman has his own special brand of weirdness, for sure, but he did his share and more in rebounding for the Bulls.
    #NashvilleStrong

Rodman has his own special brand of weirdness, for sure, but he did his share and more in rebounding for the Bulls.
    This dude is no slacker.

Bit sad he couldn't pay for his own ticket and had to whore for some $#@!coin company.

Trump arranged the deal?

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    The deep state / shadow government would be open for business. Not to mention, you shut down this government for very long and a civil war would most certainly break out--which is exactly what Anti-Americans want.

I love Dr. Paul but it is not as easy as, "we marched right in, we can march right out."

No one is claiming it would be nirvana if Ron Paul had become President. Of course the deep state would fight him at every turn. And the predictions of panic and chaos in the event of government shutdowns is overblown, IMHO. Things would probably go much more smoothly in most cases.

I doubt that. The current Washington crowd hate Dr. Ron as much as they do Trump. They would have plenty of votes to override the veto.
    They might over-ride vetos, but they would have to change some things. Trump should have vetoed the omnibus.

Don't let your hatred of Trump color your sense of reason.
    LOL. Ok, I'll try not to let that happen. Gotta run now, there is another thread where someone is accusing me of loving Trump...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast