Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Mark Sanford Loses SC Seat In Primary

Amnesty Don - Open Borders Globalist scum

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    You and Zippy don't count.
    You' re wrong, many oppose Trump because he's a reconquista who refuses to enforce the law and deport illegal aliens. He's running Sanctuary Nation USA for illegal aliens.

"Build the Wall" translates into - Amnesty for invaders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Yeah, Tom Davis is good.

Not to interrupt and go on a tangent, but Dave Brat ran an anti-establishment campaign and took out Eric Cantor. His platform was essentially Ron Paul with an America-first twist, including opposition to mass immigration and the US Chamber of Commerce. That was in 2014. That was an indicator, from a position standpoint, of what was going to be successful.
    Can anybody here explain, to what degree, is a anti-immigration message, a successful one?

PaleoLibertarian or Brian4Liberty, let us know how much more anti-immigration Rand Paul had to be, over Trump, to take the nomination?
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

The two statements are not at all inconsistent with each other. On this board in particular, the objections are all but exclusively about open borders..
    I think that you see the boards through a different filter than I do, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Oh Please, this is such flawed reasoning, save the high horse all knowing political operative bullsht. Rand didn't read the writing on the wall because nobody could see it, neither could you.
    Except I was talking about the problems of Rand's campaign at the time when most others on RPF were calling me overly worried or even a saboteur. In fact, I think among the peanut gallery, whistling through the graveyard, unwilling to accept the trouble that Rand's campaign was clearly in.

You're only claiming to now because you've experienced it the successful way Trump did it, guess what? We all experienced it. Its so easy to say that Rand (or any candidate) should've been more like Trump before Trump himself even entered the race. The only way to be the anti-Trump was to NOT act like Trump.
    I never once said that Rand should act like Trump. That would have been ridiculous and struck a totally false note. The only person who benefited from acting like Trump in 2016 was Trump.

I did say that Rand should make immigration as a major component of his campaign and emphasize his opposition to birthright citizenship. That would have helped and I was saying that since I joined RPF, long before Trump even announced his candidacy.

By your logic, Cruz and Carson's time as the anti-Trump was pure genius and good political "strategy", because good strategy automatically equals success right?
    Cruz appealed to Reagan "conservatives" and Rubio appealed to neocons. They knew who their audience was. Rand didn't. He had one foot in the liberty movement, the other foot in the mainstream GOP and failed to really connect to either camp. It was bad strategy. I'm sorry if that hurts you, but it's true.

No, Cruz and Carson were LUCKY. Everybody who has witnessed the primaries in the past knows that voters and media flirt with a flavor of the week, they spend some time at the top of the polls and whenever the voters get bored or they were successfully attacked, the next one comes up. 2012 Santorum got LUCKY and in a sense Bachmann, Gingrich and Ron also got LUCKY, or did you think Ron Paul actually had 21% of the republican party as his base? lol, gtfo~
    Of course there's flavors of the month, but there's also branding and strategy. Rand had poor branding and bad strategy, so he had no opportunity to be a flavor of the month. He was a "different kind of Republican", "a true conservative", "a Detroit Republican" and "libertarianish". He was all over the place and totally failed to capitalize on the cachet he built since being elected or the movement his father built.

Rand ran a good traditional campaign, which at one point he was considered a top tier candidate having spent some time at the TOP of the polls before Trump entered.
    Rand started strong and I was initially optimistic. He then started floundering quickly which was obvious to everyone but overly-optimistic posters on RPF.

If you're so good at reading the writing on the wall, run a campaign and show us all how its done. Its that easy right? read and run. Go for it boy
    I think I would be good at it, but I don't have the connections or the desire. And it's not easy. I've actually studied this stuff. Machiavelli, de Jouvenel, Mosca, Moldbug. One could spend a lifetime studying power.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Can anybody here explain, to what degree, is a anti-immigration message, a successful one?

PaleoLibertarian or Brian4Liberty, let us know how much more anti-immigration Rand Paul had to be, over Trump, to take the nomination?
    I've said this in the very thread we're posting in but, I guess you missed it; Rand could not have won the nomination. It wouldn't have mattered what he did. Rand couldn't beat Trump. Nobody did and nobody could. He could have gotten out of single digits.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    I've said this in the very thread we're posting in but, I guess you missed it; Rand could not have won the nomination. It wouldn't have mattered what he did. Rand couldn't beat Trump. Nobody did and nobody could. He could have gotten out of single digits.
    Rand either misread GOP base's dislike for Obama or did not want to capitalize on it; Trump on the other fully focussed on it.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

He was the 7th best member of Congress, does anyone know how good she is?
    AIPAC lackey, MIC stooge. Same ol'

eta: The lessons here are that in order for a libertarian to win in a Republican field, the libertarian has to wrap his/her views in a media-inspired package. Be the biggest Trumptard on the planet while threading in libertarian ideals in your platform. Don't attack sheeple voter's "sacred cows". Most voters are MSM swallowing sheep and that's probably not going to change, though support for Trump is a mile wide by an inch deep (as are most voters grasp of candidates and issues). People like Arrington win because they do it while threading in neocon ideals. One that considers running for GOP office should start considering whether the same semi-chameleon strategy can work for libertarians as well. My opinions on Trump are well known here but if I was running for a GOP office I'd be a Trumptard. A Trumptard that threads in sound money, Constitutional rights, strong defense (not offense), 2A support, etc. If there's one thing we've learned over the years it's that attacking the media-created "sacred cows" isn't a winning electoral strategy.

(assuming the votes even matter....)
    Last edited by devil21; 06-15-2018 at 12:34 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Except I was talking about the problems of Rand's campaign at the time when most others on RPF were calling me overly worried or even a saboteur. In fact, I think among the peanut gallery, whistling through the graveyard, unwilling to accept the trouble that Rand's campaign was clearly in.

I never once said that Rand should act like Trump. That would have been ridiculous and struck a totally false note. The only person who benefited from acting like Trump in 2016 was Trump.

I did say that Rand should make immigration as a major component of his campaign and emphasize his opposition to birthright citizenship. That would have helped and I was saying that since I joined RPF, long before Trump even announced his candidacy.

Cruz appealed to Reagan "conservatives" and Rubio appealed to neocons. They knew who their audience was. Rand didn't. He had one foot in the liberty movement, the other foot in the mainstream GOP and failed to really connect to either camp. It was bad strategy. I'm sorry if that hurts you, but it's true.

Of course there's flavors of the month, but there's also branding and strategy. Rand had poor branding and bad strategy, so he had no opportunity to be a flavor of the month. He was a "different kind of Republican", "a true conservative", "a Detroit Republican" and "libertarianish". He was all over the place and totally failed to capitalize on the cachet he built since being elected or the movement his father built.

Rand started strong and I was initially optimistic. He then started floundering quickly which was obvious to everyone but overly-optimistic posters on RPF.

[B]
    I think I would be good at it, but I don't have the connections or the desire. And it's not easy. I've actually studied this stuff. Machiavelli, de Jouvenel, Mosca, Moldbug. One could spend a lifetime studying power.

Rubio, someone who everyone knew was soft on immigration, softer than Rand, spent plenty of time outside of the single digits.

The only person that has benefitted from being hardline on immigration was Trump and it was because he didn't give AF. Nobody was as crazy as him, he made building a wall seem sane.

Anyway, if you were right, you'd be a making a ton of money winning GOP campaigns.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

[B]

Rubio, someone who everyone knew was soft on immigration, softer than Rand, spent plenty of time outside of the single digits.

The only person that has benefitted from being hardline on immigration was Trump and it was because he didn't give AF. Nobody was as crazy as him, he made building a wall seem sane.

Despite everything you just said, Rand had the potential to win the primary. Rand was a top tier candidate, everybody knew it, apparently except you did not because you seem to have wiped from your memory all of his top tier status that even the MSM admitted. Then Trump entered the race and ruined everybody's plans.

Anyway, if you were right, you'd be a making a ton of money winning GOP campaigns.
    Last edited by eleganz; 06-15-2018 at 04:32 PM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Trump came out and said there are rapists and murderers. That is as extreme as you can get. That was an emotional appeal. Emotional appeals are often the most successful. Cause, effect, actions and consequences are not so effective. Logic loses in politics.

Agree completely. Trump was going to win, Rand could not win no matter what he did. The media and DNC wanted Trump to win. Rand could have done better but...

In hindsight, Rand played it as well as he possibly could. He now has more influence than the majority of Senators. His initial attack on Trump, while not good for polling numbers or his chance to duke it out till the end of a long and bloody primary (like Cruz did), turned out to be a good move as Senator Paul. Trump respects someone who stands up to him. He also respect someone who will then put it in the past and work together on mutual goals. Rand is doing a great job.

Mark Sanford was an example of how not to play it (from a political standpoint).
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 06-15-2018 at 11:13 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Unsurprisingly, Sanford gets the spotlight so he can criticize Trump (and ramble on about his affair)...

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Sanford almost always takes the right position on issues and votes, his major problem, very evident after his affair, is that he doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    It seems to work for Trump and his fan boys. Trump sold his candidacy with populist policies but once in office abandoned just about every single one of those policies. His anti neocon, take care of America policies were all but abandoned once he became president.

On the other hand, can you give an example where Mark Sanford went against Trump on any and I mean any of his populist policies? Any president to be successful doesn't just need yes men like Rand, he needs people to hold his feet to the fire and encourage him to do the right thing.
    You might want to do some research before you embarrass yourself again.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    I know most of you trumptards avoid threads about Trump's foreign policy, except for the handful of occasions where he said something non-interventionist,....
    And the progressive infiltrators try to avoid threads where their progressive intentions will be revealed.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lmao, you are a $#@!in dumbass.
    Hey, good one. You showed him!

...a position you find akin to communism.

Your idiotic grandstanding just makes you look even more stupid. Get lost retard
    Hunh. Commies really do still get insulted when you talk bad about communism.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

So you believe there are no legitimate criticisms of Trump, despite the fact that he is dropping bombs at an unprecedented rate, continues to support Saudi Arabia, who, alongside the US, are committing war crimes in Yemen and exporting their salafist ideology across the world. He blindly supports Israel and has elevated many Israel-firsters in his admin. like Haley, Kushner, and Bolton. He ripped up the Iran deal, one of the few decent things obama did. He appointed a torturer to head the CIA and as his Sec. of State. He has not drawn down the empire even a little bit in his first 17 months, (he will probably renege his comments on military exercises with South Korea after his advisers give him a talking to.) He expanded military spending by 151 billion dollars (this INCREASE is way more expensive than evil communist demoncrat Bernie Sanders free college plan.) He has delegated much of his commander in chief responsibilities to the pentagon.

Ahh forget it. I'm just scratching the surface and I'm already tired. You are so so right, the only way you can be against Trump is if you want completely unfettered immigration. Nah, you are either being intentionally disingenuous or are just plain stupid. I await the impending logical fallacies and HILRY WOULDA BEEN WERSE.

I can't believe you people get paid to post stuff like this!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    I can't believe you people get paid to post stuff like this!
    LOL you are incapable of addressing an argument substantively. I completely destroyed thoughtomator to the point where he refused to respond other than to untruthfully claim I was using a logical fallacy, but now we have an absolute retard like yourself here to defend him. Have you ever even had a proper argument on these forums in your entire posting history? Or is every single person who disagrees with the standard R position a liberal plant?

thoughtomator...untruthfully claim[ed] I was using a logical fallacy,....

Thoughtomator is right. You even started your straw man with the word "so," which makes straw man detection that much easier. Here is your first sentence to Thoughtomator:
    So you believe there are no legitimate criticisms of Trump,...

I completely destroyed thoughtomator...
    I love it when people get frustrated to the point of declaring themselves the winner. And, they usually use the word "destroyed" in their declaration.

Or is every single person who disagrees with the standard R [Republican] position a liberal plant?

No, because I am extremely careful when identifying RPF's paid shenaniganists. I won't identify someone as a paid liberal plant if I'm only 99% sure. I have to be 100% sure, with no question about. I am 100% sure about you. No question about it.

`

Thoughtomator is right. You even started your straw man with the word "so," which makes straw man detection that much easier. Here is your first sentence to Thoughtomator:

I love it when people get frustrated to the point of declaring themselves the winner. And, they usually use the word "destroyed" in their declaration.

No, because I am extremely careful when identifying RPF's paid shenaniganists. I won't identify someone as a paid liberal plant if I'm only 99% sure. I have to be 100% sure, with no question about. I am 100% sure about you. No question about it.
    It's not a strawman at all. He qualified his statement with "on this board," as if somehow that made my post a strawman. There are plenty of legitimate criticism of Trump all over RPF, it happens every time your god-emperor threatens to nuke someone, ordains torture, bombs countries that didn't attack us, etc. No one on RPF pushes the 99.9% BS Russia narrative. No one focuses exclusively on Stormy daniels and other accusers. The vast majority of Trump criticisms on this forum are policy-oriented and always have been. I won the argument because he falsely accused me of a strawman and just refused to respond instead. Please post 1 piece of evidence showing that I am a PAID LIBERAL SHILL.

I won the argument...

Please post 1 piece of evidence showing that I am a PAID LIBERAL SHILL.
    I already have. Plenty of times. Nice try though.

`

Sanford is a chump.

Either get on board the Trump Train or get the hell out.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

`
    I put him on ignore the moment my dishonesty detector went off, on the principle that if I let time-wasting losers consume my time it's my own damn fault.

Keep on winning, bro.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I put him on ignore the moment my dishonesty detector went off, on the principle that if I let time-wasting losers consume my time it's my own damn fault.

Keep on winning, bro.
    Heh heh; yeah, I probably waste too much time on the paid shills, but sometimes I just like to trolls the trolls. Taste of their own medicine.

`

Heh heh; yeah, I probably waste too much time on the paid shills, but sometimes I just like to trolls the trolls. Taste of their own medicine.
    `

go on Twitter and troll someone significant, a better use of your time and more effective in terms of anti-psyops

go on Twitter and troll someone significant, a better use of your time and more effective in terms of anti-psyops

Wouldn't the Twitter account owner just block me? But yeah, I'm always up for some good hijinks.

I also sort of take another approach. I still regularly talk with individuals asking questions on Yahoo Answers. I think I make much more impact talking with people individually. The world is so cluttered with information that you have to be the one creating the information rather than being passive and responding to it.

I also posted so much on the yahoo military section that a lot of regulars got disgusted and left. I made a thread about it here.
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 06-20-2018 at 10:10 AM.

Wouldn't the Twitter account owner just block me? But yeah, I'm always up for some good hijinks.
    You couldn't ask for a more target-rich environment. It's not even terms of course but this is guerilla psywar.

Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Katie Arrington, who ousted Rep. Mark Sanford in primary, seriously injured in car crash

Katie Arrington, who ousted incumbent South Carolina Rep. Mark Sanford in a Republican congressional primary this month, was seriously injured in a car accident on Friday -- in a wreck that left one person dead.

In a statement posted to Facebook, her campaign said that she underwent surgery after she was injured when a driver traveling in the wrong direction hit her vehicle. A friend who was also in the car was seriously injured.

The Post and Courier reported that the driver in the other vehicle died at the scene.

Her office said that she suffered a fracture in her back, several broken ribs and other injuries that required surgery including the removal of part of her small intestine and a portion of her colon.

“Additionally, the main artery in her legs has a partial collapse and will require a stent,” the statement said. “Additional surgeries will be required including one likely today; and it is likely that Katie will remain hospitalized for the next two weeks.”
    More: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...car-crash.html

Quote Originally Posted by EBounding View Post
    New Trump curse target, probably too late for this year, but definitely something will happen for 2020. I bet he retires like weak Jeff Flake.

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast