Thread: Lucasfilm Boss Kathleen Kennedy To Walk Away From Star Wars?

Lucasfilm Boss Kathleen Kennedy To Walk Away From Star Wars?

Hollywood insider Ankler has allegedly felt a great disturbance in the Force – Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy is set to walk away from Star Wars this September as the Powers That Be seek to bring in “new blood at the helm.”
    Before we continue, this is nothing more than a baseless Internet rumor at this point and should be treated as such, but it’s no secret that The Last Jedi proved divisive among fans, resulting in the sequel’s lowly Rotten Tomatoes Audience score and, in the most egregious case, torrents of abuse and harassment being directed at Kelly Marie Tran (Rose Tico), who has since deleted all her social media accounts, prompting an industry-wide condemnation of those toxic Star Wars ‘fans’ responsible for making Tran’s life a misery since December.
    It’s a troubling development for the Star Wars community, which often prides itself on inclusion and diversity. But for Lucasfilm brass, it’s now being reported that Kathleen Kennedy’s days at the helm are numbered, as there’s now “talk” of the executive vacating her post by September.
    While Kathleen Kennedy worked wonders relaunching this property from the abyss of the Lucas prequel trilogy and turning it into a bigger than ever all-devouring cultural force, there has to be more than some thought that it’s time for new blood at the helm. The talk out there is of a September changing of the guards. We’ll see.

More at: http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/r...way-star-wars/

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There has been a disturbance in the force. Lucasfilm is reexamining its movie plans by putting every standalone movie on hold including the rumored Boba Fett and Obi-Wan Kenobi anthology movies.
    First reported by Collider, the news shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise. Lucasfilm had been riding off a big high on the success of The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi, but it all came to a screeching halt with Solo flaming out spectacularly, costing Disney upwards of $50 million in losses.
    Lucasfilm likely wants to slow things down and examine if the movies in development are actually movies worth making.
    That being said, even though Lucasfilm has placed a hold on the movies in development, that doesn’t mean everything is being cancelled. There’s a chance these anthology films could get made once Lucasfilm reexamines its plans. For now, fans have two new trilogies to look forward to, including one from the creators of Game of Thrones.

More at: https://www.technobuffalo.com/2018/0...d-says-report/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Maybe get your writers, actors and CEOs to stop with the SJW agenda propaganda and stop trying to twist characters into perverts. That'd be a good start.

While the Marvel Cinematic Universe has benefited from bringing in breakthrough filmmakers like Taika Waititi and Ryan Coogler, the same doesn’t seem to be the case for Star Wars.
    The sci-fi franchise suffered its first major box office disappointment with Solo: A Star Wars Story which saw the original directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller fired and replaced with Ron Howard.
    The film’s production came in massively over budget at $275 million and though it has made $343 million so far, it’s likely to suffer a loss once the marketing budgets have been factored in.
    That’s why it’s now being reported that Disney will no longer hire unproven directors for their future films in the franchise.

Star Wars News Net claim to a have a source with knowledge of the situation and summarised the tight leash they now have Lucasfilm on when it comes to picking helmsmen of their movies.
    “Disney is done experimenting with new or unusual filmmakers and will go back to proven veteran talent who they know can handle a big budget Star Wars production in an effort to prevent future production chaos, drama, and firings,” the site clams.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...114526064.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

Hire Mel Gibson to direct a Star Wars epic.

She destroyed the franchise in the name of feminism - her job is done. On to acquire a new property to turn into Communist propaganda!

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I was thinking they should re-offer the job to David Lynch.
    He got the offer before anyone knew what kind of $#@!ing weirdo he is.
    Now we know, and we also know that there's nothing he could do that would move it anywhere but up.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Or, here's someone who would be better than both of those two:

Terry Gilliam.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Or, here's someone who would be better than both of those two:

Terry Gilliam.
    I watched Time Bandits with my kid not too long ago, he loved it as much as I did back at his age.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I watched Time Bandits with my kid not too long ago, he loved it as much as I did back at his age.
    It's been a family staple for a while, and now my daughter is nearly old enough to watch 12 Monkeys....
    I remember seeing that in the theater and thinking "Holy crap, Brad Pitt can act! And holy crap, Bruce Willis can act, too!"
    Before then, it wasn't clear to me that either of them had much actual talent.
    That's what Gilliam brings to film.... more than anyone expects, and with a tenth of the expected budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Or Chuck Norris.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment