Thread: Why flying is so expensive.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Why flying is so expensive.

@Danke , do something!

You only get paid $6 bucks more a flight hour than Ta'shawna serving drinks in the back?

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    @Danke , do something!

You only get paid $6 bucks more a flight hour than Ta'shawna serving drinks in the back?

First year pay used to be pretty low, but that is not true for most outfits now with the pilot shortage.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

What about the extra fee they charge, so you can sit next to the person/s you are traveling with?
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    What about the extra fee they charge, so you can sit next to the person/s you are traveling with?
    That's more like a discount for not requiring a block of seats.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

@Danke , do something!

He gets to spend half of the time sleeping off his hang over on auto-pilot.

@Danke , do something!

A full flight Chicago to Tokyo is around 100 gallons of fuel/passenger.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

The reason flying is so expensive is people expect to buy a ticket tomorrow and be there yesterday. We always flew to NYC when our kids lived there because it's not a place you can just drive to and park. Now they live about 5 hours away and we just drive. By the time you do the pre-check in and go to the airport 2 hours early for a flight that will be 4 hours late, flying is not worth the hassle to go anywhere we would care to go.

I appreciate people who can fly aircraft, but the whole experience is a waste of time these days due to government regulation. As it happens, Danke, I live near our airport and when I see planes I say a little prayer that you and your crew will be at your best and everyone will arrive at the destination safely and on time.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Actually flying commercial airlines isn't very expensive, comparatively. Prices have come down quite a bit due to competition and deregulation and technological innovation / efficiencies.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't know that we will ever fly again. 9/11 was a real game changer. The whole airport experience and the cramped flights take an emotional toll. I don't have the mental bandwidth to do that very often. My time has value to me, and I would rather have spent an extra four hours playing with grandchildren than coloring at LaGuardia.

JFK is even worse. The last time I flew out of there I looked up and saw a pigeon sitting on a railing above a restaurant. I took a picture and texted my husband, "This place is so ignorant, even the pigeons can't take off."
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi