Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Council on Foreign Relations Tells Gov’t They “Have To” Use Propaganda on Americans

Council on Foreign Relations Tells Gov’t They “Have To” Use Propaganda on Americans

Council on Foreign Relations Tells Gov’t They “Have To” Use Propaganda on Americans

The Council on Foreign Relations delivered an Orwellian presentation recently that unsurprisingly went unnoticed in the mainstream media, in which CFR’s Richard Stengel forwarded the notion that governments “have to” direct “propaganda” at their own domestic populations.

The Council is recognized as one of the United States’ oldest and most establishment think tanks of the American power-elite, and it often sets the agenda on important policy questions—or, as former senior editor at the Washington Post, Richard Harwood, in a column entitled “Ruling Class Journalists,” approvingly described the Council as, “the nearest thing we have to a ruling establishment in the United States.”

Harwood admiringly wrote: “The membership of these journalists in the Council, however they may think of themselves, is an acknowledgment of their active and important role in public affairs and of their ascension into the American ruling class. They do not merely analyze and interpret foreign policy for the United States; they help make it…. They are part of that establishment whether they like it or not, sharing most of its values and worldviews.”

CFR is a key cog in the hub of Washington think-tanks promoting endless war. As former Army Major Todd Pierce described, think-tanks act as “primary provocateurs” using “‘psychological suggestiveness’ to create a false narrative of danger from some foreign entity with the objective being to create paranoia within the U.S. population that it is under imminent threat of attack or takeover.”

In late January 2018, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange publicized the extensive sway the Council on Foreign relations carried over U.S. mass media by Tweeting a graphic created by Swiss Propaganda Research (SPR), a research and information project on geopolitical propaganda in Swiss media, which illustrated the heavy influence CFR exercises over the media narrative delivered to the American public, i.e. domestic propaganda.

The illustration of the Council’s deeply entrenched media presence is based on official membership rosters compiled by SPR, revealing the interconnectedness of CFR’s extensive mass media influence network and its main international affiliate groups—the Bilderberg Group (covering mainly the U.S. and Europe) and the Trilateral Commission (covering North America, Europe and East Asia).

According to the report from Swiss Propaganda Research:

Largely unbeknownst to the general public, many media executives and top journalists of almost all major US news outlets have long been members of the influential Council on Foreign Relations (CFR).
    Established in 1921 as a private, bipartisan organization to “awaken America to its worldwide responsibilities”, the CFR and its close to 5000 elite members have for decades shaped U.S. foreign policy and public discourse about it. As one Council member famously explained, the goal has indeed been to establish a global Empire, albeit a “benevolent” one.

Stengel, a former editor of TIME magazine, told the audience at a CFR event in late April called Political Disruptions: Combating Disinformation and Fake News that governments “have to” direct “propaganda” toward their own populations.
    For more: https://thefreethoughtproject.com/co...nda-americans/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    !this should be FRONT PAGE of EVERY website, news program, tv show, app, and every form of communication!
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

The CFR does have a lot of influential people as members but they also don't have a single view- they have diverse opinions. They published articles both in favor and against US actions in Iraq and Afghanistan. They have run favorable pieces about Ron and Rand Paul.

https://www.cfr.org/blog/campaign-20...tial-candidate

https://www.cfr.org/interview/paul-e...rgy-production
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 06-06-2018 at 11:12 AM.

The CFR does have a lot of influential people as members but they also don't have a single view- they have diverse opinions. They published articles both in favor and against US actions in Iraq and Afghanistan. They have run favorable pieces about Ron and Rand Paul.

Defending the Fed and the CFR? I can't imagine the reason for your red bar...

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Defending the Fed and the CFR? I can't imagine the reason for your red bar...
    Sorry. There is a global conspiracy. They are all out to get you.

I feel awesome about being the one who finally converted you!

Give the man a green bar.

W()W!

THE ACTUAL TRUTH!
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

You speak and put people to sleep. Or just piss everyone off.
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    !this should be FRONT PAGE of EVERY website, news program, tv show, app, and every form of communication!
    Except it is nothing new. Governments have asserted the right to use propaganda on their people since the idea of formal government has existed. You study major examples of it in school -such as in WWI and WWII. If this is news to a person than that person is beyond clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by shakey1 View Post
    It never was about anything other than propaganda. Any time any of the parties or people who have something to gain form convincing you to obey them tells you something you can rest assured there is propaganda in there somewhere. Even Ron did it when he threw red meat to the Republicans.

Probably still applies, but the article referenced in WaPo was written in the early 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    Except it is nothing new. Governments have asserted the right to use propaganda on their people since the idea of formal government has existed. You study major examples of it in school -such as in WWI and WWII. If this is news to a person than that person is beyond clueless.
    There used to be a ban on propaganda but it was lifted during Obama years in 2013 -
    https://www.ronpaulforums.com/showth...t-to-Americans
    https://www.ronpaulforums.com/showth...a-On-Americans

This thread is now featured on the home page of RPF. Unfortunately, the thread title is sensationalized and a bit of a mischaracterization of what actually occurred. I visited the CFR referenced page which has a transcript of the video (I don't have time or interest to listen to these people pontificate). The bit that the freethoughtproject is so alarmed about:
    STENGEL: So I’ll—you will be the last question, but I just want to weigh in on that for one second. So there’s another word for master narratives. It’s called history.

Basically every country creates their own narrative story and, you know, my old job at the State Department was what people used to joke as the chief propagandist job. We haven’t talked about propaganda. Propaganda—I’m not against propaganda. Every country does it, and they have to do it to their own population, and I don’t necessarily think it’s that awful. And this idea of a news cartel—I mean, I was editor of Time in 2012, during that election, and I remember—you know, you were competing against cartels and everybody. I remember being on a panel with the then-editor of The New York Times, who said, it’s really hard to break through these days. This is the editor of The New York Times saying it’s hard to break through. I almost—I wanted to jump off the platform—like, what’s it like for the rest of everybody? So, I mean, there’s no—I mean, there are cartels, but the cartels don’t have hegemony like they used to.
    Please note: Stengel was talking about his personal experience. He was not voicing a policy position of the CFR. He was not addressing the government either. Yes, it's reflective of the mindset of at least one member of the CFR, but when RPF peeps go around mischaracterizing/sensationalizing things, it reflects poorly on the RPF community. $.02

They have a message, and We have a message.

- Their message is pretty consistent. You need us to protect you from the things we tell you to be afraid of.
    - Our message is just as consistent. Think for yourself. Question EVERYTHING, even things that WE say.

Propaganda works on many different levels. First thing is it provokes a trained emotional reaction. Those reactions are supposed to be knee jerk, immediate, and not thought out at all. Next major characteristic is that it is easily repeatable. "See something, say something". Its easy to remember and short. But read between the lines and you see the same message. Same as above. Be afraid. You need us to protect you. Dont trust your neighbor. The message is not aimed at stopping terrorists, but is quite effective at disrupting natural relationships within communities. Digging further, messages such as "see something, say something" are exacerbated by other messages, such as distrust of others for all the wrong reasons. Each of those reasons are spouted daily so people remember them, and they are always Divisive. Different skin color, education, gender, sexual orientation, political affiliation, religion, employment, income, etc.

In the Liberty Movement, we embrace our differences and use them to make us all stronger. That person is skilled at robotics, that person at programming, that person at mechanical engineering. Think of the wonderful things those people can achieve when they work together. Communities are built out of homes, and homes require numerous skillsets to build. You need carpenters, plumbers, electricians, roofers, architects, painters, people to lay floors, carpet and linoleum, etc. And each of those trade skills need their materials. So you need people to make your carpet and hardwood floors and linoleum and sinks and toilets and lighting fixtures and heating / AC. These people USE their different skillsets to build something bigger than the sum of their parts, one home at a time, and build communities. If you listened to the propaganda, they would tell you that electricians should fear plumbers and plumbers should fear electricians because water and electricity dont mix. They would tell you to be afraid of carpenters because they use Nail Guns and Saws which they would also tell you are weapons, not tools. They would have everyone be afraid of everyone else and nothing would ever be built and nothing would ever be achieved.

There is a natural bias to almost everything people express. That is normal. When bias becomes Propaganda is when it is used to control the masses by telling them what to think as opposed to how to think. In Psychology, TRUE Freedom exists in the ability of the people to draw their own conclusions and find things to work together on. When the Fearmongers divide people by shutting down the process of critically thinking about problems, they area attacking Freedom itself and that is when you can recognize Propaganda for yourself.
    1776 > 1984

Geez dude; you and your comrades are the ones who get paid to post here. That's a foregone conclusion. What is so fearful about this forum to you people?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Uh , everybody knows that . That is why I am here . To try and help people save themselves .
    Do something Danke

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Geez dude; you and your comrades are the ones who get paid to post here. That's a foregone conclusion. What is so fearful about this forum to you people?
    We have skills.

The truth is dangerous.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    The truth is dangerous.
    Truth is Treason in the Empire of Lies. Hmm, who said that? A LOT?
    1776 > 1984

Sorry, I am not one of the paid Russians. You get paid more than I do.

So a game show host, real estate agent, host of professional boxing matches, commercial developer, part time Hollywood's of actor, and owner of hotels is somehow connected to Vladimir Putin?

Seriously?

Or is it more likely you are pissed off over being so wrong about the election and you just want Donald Trump out of office and you will use any excuse for it as well as for losing the election?
    Last edited by dude58677; 06-08-2018 at 03:42 PM.

You get paid more than I do.
    Really though--I was actually wondering how much you people get paid. I would figure around 15-20 bucks an hour?

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

You get paid in other ways.

Most drug addicts have an Enabler. The US Govt and the shadowy powers that influence the actions of the US Govt are the dealers and addicts. Its people like you that are the Enablers of their horrendous and often destructive behavior.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” - Voltaire

You are one of those people who both believes and promotes absurdities and enables atrocities.
    1776 > 1984

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    There used to be a ban on propaganda but it was lifted during Obama years in 2013 -
    https://www.ronpaulforums.com/showth...t-to-Americans
    https://www.ronpaulforums.com/showth...a-On-Americans
    "Ban."

Everything the government says is meant to elicit your obedience through the careful manipulation of truth, half-truths, and outright lies. Everything the government says is propaganda.

That people here think their opinions are so important that any government or company would pay people to contradict them is hilarious.

That people here think their opinions are so important that any government or company would pay people to contradict them is hilarious.
    The deepstate speaks: "I am no devil for there is none"

It totally never happens:

Israel to pay students to defend it online

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/08/14/israel-students-social-media/2651715/

But it can't happen HERE, right?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    But it can't happen HERE, right?
    Absolutely not. The 300% increase in troll activity after the summit is Singapore is just a coincidence.

It's actually more baffling than funny that someone out there thinks this two-bit site is so threatening that they actually pay someone to try to deflate it.

It's actually more baffling than funny that someone out there thinks this two-bit site is so threatening that they actually pay someone to try to deflate it.
    Don't flatter yourself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast