Thread: Lee Bright (4th District, R-SC)

Lee Bright (4th District, R-SC)

He's an old friend of constitutionalists, endorsed by Thomas Massie and Steve King so far. He endorsed Ron Paul for President back when it was very unpopular to do so.

It's a safe Republican seat so what he needs to do is get by the primary, and he seems to be doing pretty well there.

Here's what Massie had to say about him:
    “Lee Bright is a true constitutional conservative... He’ll be a strong asset to South Carolina and to our country when he's elected to Congress. Many politicians talk a good game during elections, but Lee has demonstrated he has the guts to do what is needed when others have remained quiet. He has fought against frivolous spending and big government in the South Carolina legislature, and I know he will do the same in Congress. I am pleased to endorse Lee and I look forward to having him help me drain the swamp.”

Campaign site: https://www.leebrightforcongress.com/

The first primary is in only a week, but there's a runoff 2 weeks after that. There's a good chance he'll be in a runoff, given that there are a lot of candidates in the race.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hopefully he can get past the primary.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

On to the runoff... probably against establishment favorite Timmons. This will be a tough one.

Cheeto Jesus may do one of those last minute endorsements of Timmons.
    The enemy of my enemy may be worse than my enemy.

I do not suffer from Trump Rearrangement Syndrome. Sorry if that triggers you.

Some good news from yesterday's primaries...

Former state Sen. Lee Bright finished in first place in Tuesday's Republican primary for South Carolina's 4th Congressional District seat and advanced to a June 26 runoff.

It appears that a recount will be needed to confirm that state Sen. William Timmons will compete against Bright in the runoff. Unofficial results showed that Timmons received 349 more votes than state Rep. Dan Hamilton.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ies/686377002/
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

If I lived there I'd take vacation and start knocking on doors. We have got to make some inroads in the party.