This kinda retro trend if got popular could be dangerous for economy:

Simon Cowell hasn't used his mobile phone for 10 months, says it's 'so good for my mental health'

• Television producer and reality show judge Simon Cowell said he hasn't used a cell phone in 10 months, he told The Daily Mail.
  • The act of unplugging has made him more focused on what's around him, Cowell said.

Michelle Castillo
Published 7 Hours Ago
Getty Images
Simon Cowell

Television producer and reality TV show judge Simon Cowell hasn't used his mobile phone in almost a year — and he told a U.K.-based publication that it's "absolutely made me happier."
In an interview with the Daily Mail, Cowell — known for his work on "American Idol" and "X Factor" and his notorious on-air insults — stated used to get irritated when he had a meeting, and everyone was their phone.
"I literally have not been on my phone for ten months," the TV mogul told The Mail.
Since he's given up his addictive phone habits, he noticed he's been more focused on his immediate surroundings, he told the publication. He's also closing in on a deal to sell "Britain's Got Talent" to the BBC.
Ditching his mobile "has been so good for my mental health," he said. "It's a very strange experience but it really is good for you and it has absolutely made me happier.'
Cowell is one of the latest people to draw attention to unplugging from cell phones as a way to improve mood, health and cut down on distractions.
A study by analytics firm Flurry showed U.S. consumers spend five hours a day on their phones. About 77 percent of U.S. adults own a smartphone, according to Pew.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/03/simo...10-months.html