Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Construction on San Diego section of US border wall begins

Construction on San Diego section of US border wall begins

Construction on a stretch of the U.S.-Mexico border wall kicked off Friday in San Diego, Calif., U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officials said.
    Roughly 14 miles of the eight-to-10-foot-high barrier made out of scrap metal will be replaced with a "bollard-style wall" more than twice as tall, a CBP news release said.

The new wall will also include an anti-climbing plate, according to the agency.
    “The San Diego Sector wall construction is one of Border Patrol’s top priority projects,” the statement said.

More at: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/06/01...test+-+Text%29
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is Zippy on his rollerblades out there protesting this?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

California is the last place I would build the wall. Start in Arizona or someplace that wants it.

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    California is the last place I would build the wall. Start in Arizona or someplace that wants it.
    They are replacing some existing wall (in this case only fourteen miles worth). But Arizona already has wall too. It will cost an estimated $147 million (just over $1 million a mile).

Portion they will be working on (Tijuana on the left in this picture)- it dates from the 1970's:

http://thehill.com/latino/349622-art...us-border-wall
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 06-02-2018 at 11:40 AM.

It's more replacement fence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

I Think we should build the wall around California.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    It's more replacement fence.
    not just replacement, its double the height and better design
    I just want objectivity on this forum and will point out flawed sources or points of view at my leisure.

Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 01/15/24
    Trump will win every single state primary by double digits.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 04/20/16
    There won't be a contested convention
    Quote Originally Posted by spudea on 05/30/17
    The shooting of Gabrielle Gifford was blamed on putting a crosshair on a political map. I wonder what event we'll see justified with pictures like this.

~Feb 15, 2018

Something similar to this perhaps? I believe that this picture was taken from the Mexican side, ~Feb 15, 2018.

You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A line in the sand is all the wall we'd ever need if our brave boys in the military were allowed to shoot them law-breaking border hoppers dead on the spot!

USA! USA! USA!

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden Indian View Post
    A line in the sand is all the wall we'd ever need if our brave boys in the military were allowed to shoot them law-breaking border hoppers dead on the spot!

USA! USA! USA!

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by spudea View Post
    not just replacement, its double the height and better design
    So... replacement fence? There was a fence there already, and a new fence is being put in?
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

So... replacement fence? There was a fence there already, and a new fence is being put in?
    No, the fence is being taken down and the wall is being put up.

Ever hear of a brick fence? Even when there is a brick wall that acts as a fence people still call it a brick wall.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Just build the $#@!ing wall. Of all the dumb $#@! we've ever thrown money at, it'd be worth it just so people'd (<-- that's Appalachian, yo!) shut the $#@! up.

Why is it that I never see a damn Latino in the local paper stealing $#@! to feed his or her opioid habit? In fact, the only time I ever see Latinos in East Tennessee is when they're busting their ass on a job site working 80 hour week s and listening to that groovy ass $#@!ing music.

$#@! white people, get it together! My brother in law exclusively dated fat white women until he figured out that they weren't worth a $#@!. Now he's dating fat black women because they've stopped dating black dudes because they keep cheating on them... Holy $#@! I'm glad I'm married to a hard working skinnyish girl.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    No, the fence is being taken down and the wall is being put up.

Ever hear of a brick fence? Even when there is a brick wall that acts as a fence people still call it a brick wall.
    Don't know what the real story is and have no info if team Trump has recruited branding 'expert' Frank Luntz but he had advised Israel to use term 'fence' instead of 'wall' for their wall around occupied territories and that wall aka 'fence' was higher than Berlin Wall if I recall correctly.
    They were also advised to replace term 'Palestinian' with 'Arab' whenever possible to get greater sympathy from public as Palestinians are widely seen as oppressed people.

March 12, 2014
    by Mairav Zonszein @MairavZ

Construction on the barrier wall, 2006.Yotam Ronen/Activestills.org

The West Bank “separation barrier” or “security fence” or “apartheid wall” or “anti-terrorist fence,” depending on whom you ask, is the largest infrastructure project in Israel's history. Twelve years old this April, it costs Israel an annual average of $260 million for maintenance.

'All Tresspassers will be shot.
    Only exceptions are Pilgrims.'

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Don't know what the real story is and have no info if team Trump has recruited branding 'expert' Frank Luntz but he had advised Israel to use term 'fence' instead of 'wall' for their wall around occupied territories and that wall aka 'fence' was higher than Berlin Wall if I recall correctly.
    They were also advised to replace term 'Palestinian' with 'Arab' whenever possible to get greater sympathy from public as Palestinians are widely seen as oppressed people.
    It is rebranding to convince Trumpkins that Trump's 'big beautiful wall' is being constructed when it's not. And it's been going on a while.

It's a wall not a fence! White House rebrands see through fence a 'Bollard wall' as it claims the president is building 'the wall' he said he would
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...lard-wall.html

This is the thing that Trump called a fence that needed to be replaced during the campaign:

And this is what's being built:

Pinochet is the model

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

That is a bizarre pic, why are they trying to scale it? and what to you do when you climb pass the part with metal beams? First of all, its silly to believe someone would build a wall a skinny person can squeeze through and equally silly that someone would try to climb it without any tools.

Is that real?

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post

'All Tresspassers will be shot.
    Only exceptions are Pilgrims.'
    Making an exception for the proto-commie pilgrims was a mistake, ask @oyarde.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Making an exception for the proto-commie pilgrims was a mistake, ask @oyarde.
    Yes , I particularly dislike pilgrims and will make no exceptions for those tyrant commies .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    That is a bizarre pic, why are they trying to scale it? and what to you do when you climb pass the part with metal beams? First of all, its silly to believe someone would build a wall a skinny person can squeeze through and equally silly that someone would try to climb it without any tools.

Is that real?
    It's a real pic. The caption said that they were playing around. Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż
    Pinochet is the model

Is that real?
    Yes it is real . The tall , thin one on the right is Eduardo .
    Do something Danke

A ten dollar grappling hook, a four dollar pulley and a ten dollar length of rope, $25 total, and you could have a man over the top in 5 seconds.

The border patrol says they prefer a see- through wall so they can tell what is going on on the other side of it. They don't want a solid wall. Trump steel import tariff may make it cost even more than the current $1 million a mile.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 06-03-2018 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    fake pic is fake. You know, it would be way easier to just use a ladder, grappling hook, jet pack, trampoline, pole vault stick etc etc than trying to use that dangerous contraption to get a car over. Also, if the wall makes it significantly harder to cross the border then the wall is working. I mean, you don't put down your umbrella just because your pants get wet in the rain, you continue to use cos it cos still protects your suit and briefcase.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    fake pic is fake. You know, it would be way easier to just use a ladder, grappling hook, jet pack, trampoline, pole vault stick etc etc than trying to use that dangerous contraption to get a car over. Also, if the wall makes it significantly harder to cross the border then the wall is working. I mean, you don't put down your umbrella just because your pants get wet in the rain, you continue to use cos it cos still protects your suit and briefcase.
    Actually it is real. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/suspect...-border-fence/

November 1, 2012, 3:19 AM

Suspected drug smugglers get stuck trying to drive over U.S.-Mexico border fence

YUMA, ARIZ. Suspected smugglers who tried to use ramps to drive an SUV over a 14-foot-tall border fence had to abandon their plan when the Jeep became stuck on top of the barrier, authorities said Wednesday.

Agents patrolling the U.S.-Mexico border near the Imperial Sand Dunes in California's southeast corner spotted the Jeep Cherokee teetering atop the fence early Tuesday, Border Patrol spokesman Spencer Tippets said. The vehicle was perched about five miles west of the Colorado River and the Arizona state line.

The Jeep was spotted just after midnight, CBS Yuma affiliate KSWT-TV reports.

Two smugglers on the Mexican side of the border were trying to free the Jeep when the agents approached, Tippets said. They ran further into Mexico and escaped.

The Jeep was empty, but agents said it was probably filled with contraband like bales of marijuana before it got high-centered atop the fence.

The smugglers had built ramps to drive up and over the fence, something that has been tried at least once before. In April 2011, agents found a truck that had ramps built onto it and had driven up to the border fence. A pickup had driven up and over the fence, but it was spotted and its occupants were captured, Tippets said.
    more at link.

Jan2017

fake pic is fake..

LOL - you are full of bullchit !

More fakeness for da' Mexicans distorting the reality of the decades old USA-Mexico border war . . .

\

The border patrol says they prefer a see- through wall so they can tell what is going on on the other side of it. They don't want a solid wall. Trump steel import tariff may make it cost even more than the current $1 million a mile.
    No 4 wheel drive?

I stand corrected, but to be fair the fence stopped them from going through. Essentially, it did what it was supposed to do.

Border fence 1
    Drug smugglers 0

That probably is real . Could be Zippy trying to sneak into mexico .
    Do something Danke

Jan2017

I stand corrected, but to be fair the fence stopped them from going through. Essentially, it did what it was supposed to do.

Border fence 1
    Drug smugglers 0
    More likely, anecdotally . . . border fence one or two stops - El Chapo, Hernandez' and Gulf Cartel 1 million kilos. Jus' sayin'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast