Thread: [VIDEO] Reason: How to build off-the-books Glock

Thumbs up [VIDEO] Reason: How to build off-the-books Glock

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why ??
    1911s are simpler to build. and have a proven history.
    You can get 80% sig frames too. (also good design)

I have never liked the Glock design,,, from the first look and repeated looks since.

It has a very predictable reputation for going off and shooting the owner. (Statistically significant)

Hilarious videos are a direct result of a BAD Design. I would not own one,, nor any of the design copy by other manufactures.

I would LOVE to build a few 1911s.

I could if it wasn't forbidden.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Why ??
    1911s are simpler to build. and have a proven history.
    You can get 80% sig frames too. (also good design)

I have never liked the Glock design,,, from the first look and repeated looks since.

It has a very predictable reputation for going off and shooting the owner. (Statistically significant)

Hilarious videos are a direct result of a BAD Design. I would not own one,, nor any of the design copy by other manufactures.

I would LOVE to build a few 1911s.

I could if it wasn't forbidden.
    huh?

1- guns don't discharge on their own, it's operator error

2- factory made Glocks are nearly indestructible and very reliable

3- it's my understanding that the design is actually a lot more simple than a 1911:

"A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    huh?

1- guns don't discharge on their own, it's operator error

2- factory made Glocks are nearly indestructible and very reliable

3- it's my understanding that the design is actually a lot more simple than a 1911:

Your illustration is the 1911 design.
    A well proven and safe design.. It has multiple safety's. made to be carried Safely cocked and locked.

The Glock has no safety and a funky trigger.. (a trigger safety?)
    It and others of similar design have a common history of "Negligent discharges" ,, more than other common handguns.

It is cheaply produced and,, and well Marketed. But in my opinion,, and in the opinion of many shooters,, it is a crap design...

beyond that it will throw bullets.. I consider it the Micro$oft Windoze version of handguns.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

It and others of similar design have a common history of "Negligent discharges" ,, more than other common handguns.

It is cheaply produced and,, and well Marketed. But in my opinion,, and in the opinion of many shooters,, it is a crap design...

beyond that it will throw bullets.. I consider it the Micro$oft Windoze version of handguns.
    Again, operator error. People touch the trigger when they aren't ready to fire. Don't blame the gun for poor user technique. Put another way, just because some people may have bad trigger discipline doesn't mean the gun is unsafe... there are actually 3 safeties on a Glock.

Glocks are a lot more durable than a 1911 and will last longer. Not to mention they are lighter for carrying.

Again, operator error. People touch the trigger when they aren't ready to fire. Don't blame the gun for poor user technique. Put another way, just because some people may have bad trigger discipline doesn't mean the gun is unsafe... there are actually 3 safeties on a Glock.

Glocks are a lot more durable than a 1911 and will last longer. Not to mention they are lighter for carrying.
    "Trigger Discipline" was not even a "thing" before the Glock was created.

my trigger discipline was a perfect 3 round burst. If the gun was off safe my finger is on the trigger.

Sometimes,, (single action six) I pull the trigger before I cock the arm as it is drawn from a holster.
    But that is a Whole different discipline.

I have never had a negligent discharge. though I have dealt with mechanical malfunction.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Glocks are a lot more durable than a 1911 and will last longer.
    That will take 100 years to be seen.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Again, operator error. People touch the trigger when they aren't ready to fire.
    A lot of unsafe people must own Glocks then.. as self inflicted is common.

I touch the trigger before I am ready to shoot. I take up slack before I am ready to shoot.

Sometimes I squeeze the trigger as I draw,, and fire with my thumb.

and a bad design is still a bad design. even if it sort of works.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The thing that Bugs me most,, regardless of your choice in arms,, It that it is hyped as a "Legal Loophole". When it it the Written Law,,within a lot of unconstitutional law.. It recognizes the Right to make a weapon.

Not a Loop Hole at all.. it is the Law.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

A couple vids on the theme.
    Homemade gun.

The 1911,,
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I touch the trigger before I am ready to shoot.
    Then you learned improperly how to handle firearms.

"Trigger Discipline" was not even a "thing" before the Glock was created.

my trigger discipline was a perfect 3 round burst. If the gun was off safe my finger is on the trigger.

Sometimes,, (single action six) I pull the trigger before I cock the arm as it is drawn from a holster.
    But that is a Whole different discipline.

I have never had a negligent discharge. though I have dealt with mechanical malfunction.
    Exactly, triggers were designed to be pulled before being ready to shoot.

If the gun happens to fire just because the trigger was pulled, it's not working correctly
    Last edited by TheTexan; 06-02-2018 at 01:31 AM.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Then you learned improperly how to handle firearms.
    Actually ,, I understand the mechanical functions better than most. Perhaps you need to learn the Function of your tool.
    https://www.realgunreviews.com/trigg...rtravel-reset/

I had Qualified with every weapon available to an Infantry Soldier..(1975) Participated in Live Fire exercises.. (many men moving and shooting at the same time).. I have Run with a Finger on the trigger.. Been driven into the ground by explosive concussion,, and did not fire unintentionally .

I was taught a different discipline,, before that stupid trigger was invented.

Trigger Discipline did not enter the the Vocabulary until several poor guns ware marketed,, negligent discharges spiked.

All the idiots in the Army,, and I only saw it happen once,,,, a newbie on a range.
    The need for such training and discipline is because of the Flawed Trigger design.

Take the safety off the trigger,, and make a decent trigger.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Exactly, triggers were designed to be pulled before being ready to shoot.

If the gun happens to fire just because the trigger was pulled, it's not working correctly
    https://www.realgunreviews.com/trigg...rtravel-reset/
    Trigger Take-Up (aka Slack)

Technically: Part of the Pre-Travel phase, Take-Up is any “positive” (pulling the trigger toward you) movement of the trigger that does not cause the sear to move and does not engage the mainspring.

What You Feel: The initial movement from the trigger’s resting position up to the point where you feel resistance (the Wall).
    If the gun fires at this stage it is malfunctioning.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I agree with Pete, I do not like trigger safeties and consider them to be a known hazard.

That said, the article has some good step by step procedures.

http://reason.com/archives/2018/05/3...ake-your-own-o

For most applications, I find Glocks to be far superior than 1911s. Glocks will withstand abuse, dirt/mud, etc. better than any 1911. Accidental or negligent discharges with Glocks are not the fault of the pistol, but instead entirely of the operator.

In a moment of stress, I have no additional safeties to worry about with a Glock. My trigger finger operates as the safety. It can be carried safely with a round in the chamber in a holster which protects the trigger, and as the pistol is unholstered and pointed toward the target, the trigger finger can touch the trigger and 1st stage slack can be taken up if needed. This is nearly as optimal as pistol function and operation can get.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.