Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Media pressures Trump to denounce Roseanne after her racist tweets, should he?

Media pressures Trump to denounce Roseanne after her racist tweets, should he?

Or should he continue to focus on North Korea's leader? So far WH has refused to comment and changed topic to Korea when questions on this topic are asked.

White House deflects, Trump silent on 'Roseanne' cancellation, star's racist rant

By Nicole Hensley | NEW YORK DAILY NEWS |May 29, 2018

The White House on Tuesday refused to address President Trump's apparent admiration for Roseanne Barr in the wake of her canceled ABC series and racist tweet spree.
    While traveling to Nashville, Tenn., where Trump is slated to host a campaign-style rally, Sarah Huckabee Sanders repeatedly changed the subject to North Korea when questioned about the canceled series and Trump's past support for the actress.
    "That's not what the president is looking at. That's not what he's spending his time on," she told reporters aboard Air Force One. "I think we have a lot bigger things going on in the country right now."
    Instead, she said, Trump is more focused on a possible summit with North Korea and trade.
    It remains unclear if Trump will comment on Barr during his Nashville stop. If he does, it wouldn't be the first time.
    The President gushed over the "Roseanne" revival ratings, applauding them as "incredible" during a March rally. He then reportedly called Barr to congratulate her.
    During his White House bid, Trump shared his thanks to the outspoken actress after she endorsed him.
    "We would be so lucky if Trump won," she told Hollywood Reporter in June 2016.
    His social media love for Barr dates back to December 2013, when he responded to a tweet hoping that Barr would join Trump's "Celebrity Apprentice" cast.
    "She would be so great," Trump said.
    Before his Nashville remarks, Trump's Twitter was void of any reference to the Barr scandal.

Related

Roseanne Rips Ex-Obama Aide Valerie Jarrett: ‘Muslim Brotherhood & Planet of the Apes Had a Child’

'Roseanne' Canceled at ABC Following Racist Tweet

Susan Rice shares Roseanne's past tweet comparing her to an ape

Ivanka Trump and Kushner 'blessed' by top Israeli rabbi who compared black people to 'monkeys'

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So any comedian will be fired if they make fun of anyone of color but making fun of white peoples appearance as usual is fair game.

The continued blowback from the elites doing this will be creating more racists from non-racist whites. Either the elites are total scumbags by intentionally stoking a racial divide for political reasons or are total morons to not realize their policies create the very thing they claim they are against.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    So any comedian will be fired if they make fun of anyone of color but making fun of white peoples appearance as usual is fair game.

The continued blowback from the elites doing this will be creating more racists from non-racist whites. Either the elites are total scumbags by intentionally stoking a racial divide for political reasons or are total morons to not realize their policies create the very thing they claim they are against.
    Or both for doing the first and thinking they can keep it under control and limited.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

The Democrats and race profiteers know exactly what they are doing. They intentionally start the fires and fan the flames. They are "scumbags".
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

It's not just firing from her agency, seems to be full cancellation of all new/reruns by ABC, Viacom, CMT, TV Land. Pretty swift response.

'Roseanne' reruns yanked from CMT, TV Land, Paramount Network

By Nicole Darrah | Fox News

ABC axes 'Roseanne' following star's racially-charged tweet

Viacom is reportedly pulling original "Roseanne" reruns from its channels after the show's namesake star posted a racist tweet about an Obama-era administration official.
    The major media company will no longer air episodes of the show on its Paramount Network, TV Land and CMT channels, The Wrap reported Tuesday. The change will take effect on Wednesday.
    Roseanne Barr early Tuesday tweeted that Valerie Jarrett, an African-American who was born in Iran and served as an aide to former President Barack Obama, is as though the "muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby."
    Barr quickly apologized to Jarrett and "to all Americans," but the damage was done. ABC canceled its 2018 reboot of her show, and her talent agency, ICM Partners, dropped her.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...t-network.html

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    It's not just firing from her agency, seems to be full cancellation of all new/reruns by ABC, Viacom, CMT, TV Land. Pretty swift response.

Viacom is reportedly pulling original "Roseanne" reruns from its channels after the show's namesake star posted a racist tweet about an Obama-era administration official.
    The major media company will no longer air episodes of the show on its Paramount Network, TV Land and CMT channels, The Wrap reported Tuesday. The change will take effect on Wednesday.
    Roseanne Barr early Tuesday tweeted that Valerie Jarrett, an African-American who was born in Iran and served as an aide to former President Barack Obama, is as though the "muslim brotherhood & planet of the apes had a baby."
    Barr quickly apologized to Jarrett and "to all Americans," but the damage was done. ABC canceled its 2018 reboot of her show, and her talent agency, ICM Partners, dropped her.

Ungood thought must be severely punished, to serve as an example for others, comrade. It's only a matter of time before the gulags open and these ungood thoughts can be corrected with re-education.
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 05-29-2018 at 08:53 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

One of these days all such sinners will be erased from the historical records. (And from the face of the earth as well)
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Funny how they cheered her when she was a pioneer by having lesbians and gays on her show and advocating for gay marriage. Or how they cheered her when she butchered the National anthem and grabbed her crotch and spit. And then H.W. called her "despicable" and she was their darling. Then there was that time she took up for Trayvon Martin. Lol.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    One of these days all such sinners will be erased from the historical records. (And from the face of the earth as well)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Ungood thought must be severely punished, to serve as an example for others, comrade. It's only a matter of time before the gulags open and these ungood thoughts can be corrected with re-eduction.
    Good point.

It's ironic that she supports 'career destruction' of musicians, actors, artists who speak out against Israel's oppression:

https://youtu.be/aCJ1NdASA9Y?t=185

And she supports oppressions like this:

Israel arrests 280 Palestinians for Facebook posts
    middleeastmonitor
    Nov 27, 2017

Roseanne Barr Wants to Run for Prime Minister of Israel

So , let me get this straight , Jarrett is denying ties to the Brotherhood ?
    Do something Danke

It's ironic that she supports 'career destruction' of musicians, actors, artists who speak out against Israel's oppression:

https://youtu.be/aCJ1NdASA9Y?t=185

Roseanne Barr Wants to Run for Prime Minister of Israel
    Part of transcript of video interview:

Host: Do you think celebrities, actors, musicians are afraid to speak out against Israel because then their career will be "destroyed" ?
    Roseanne Barr: Yes I do think he's right about that and I think that's a damn good thing too.
    [audience claps]

Related

Hollywood Studios blacklist Penelope Cruz over Gaza genocide letter
    August 9 2014
    Pledges to shun the Spanish actors – believed to have been made privately by a handful of top industry executives – came after Bardem and Cruz, who are married, signed an open letter denouncing “the genocide perpetrated by the Israeli occupation army”.

Former Obama advisor Valerie Jarrett, the subject of a racist tweet from Roseanne Barr, has responded to the actor's remark, calling it a "teaching moment."

Barr referred to Valerie Jarrett, who is black, as a product of the Muslim Brotherhood and the "Planet of the Apes." Hours later, ABC canceled its hit reboot of the television show "Roseanne."

During an MSNBC town hall on racism in America, Jarrett said she is "fine," but worried about other African Americans who might not have the support system she does:

"I think we have to turn it into a teaching moment. I'm fine, I'm worried about all the people out there that don't have a circle of friends and followers to come right to their offense. The person walking down the street, minding their own business, and they see somebody clinging to their purse, or want to cross the street, or every black parent I know who has a boy who has to sit down and have a conversation, 'the talk,' we call it, and as you say, those ordinary examples of racism that happen every single day."
    https://www.11alive.com/article/news...source=twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

ABC hired Joy Reid to do commentary. She has no personal biases or anything like that.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

The scumbag news media is now viciously going after her son for defending her and he is pretty much saying the same thing I said earlier in the thread.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...icle-1.4015538
    "Remember kids, you can't say people that look like monkeys that they look like monkeys unless thy (sic) are Ron Perlman cuz he is white," Pentland, 40, posted on Tuesday along with a photo of Jarrett together with former President Barack Obama.

The scumbag news media is now viciously going after her son for defending her and he is pretty much saying the same thing I said earlier in the thread.
    Speaking of media, Foxnews is same as rest of media now? This was one of the first clp I watched today that branded Barr herself as a 'racist' and not just her tweets. Even when they know that Trump recently praised her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqpepkTN45I

Speaking of media, Foxnews is same as rest of media now? This was one of the first clp I watched today that branded Barr herself as a 'racist' and not just her tweets. Even when they know that Trump recently praised her.
    Depending on who it is. Shepard Smith is about as clownish of a far left figure as they come. FNC and right spends allot of time talking about CNN and MSNBC, but he alone has many of the far left figures beat in hyperbole.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Meanwhile, Louie Farrakhan calls for outright genocide and extermination of white men...and nobody says a $#@!ing thing.

Sick and $#@!ing tired of hearing about it, I could not possibly care less anymore about colored people and their endless, ceaseless bitching, bellyaching and bull$#@!.

Carry your ass elsewhere or secede, for $#@!'s sake, and stop driving everybody $#@!ing crazy with your constant unhinged whining.

Good. It's what she deserves for posting a moderately insensitive tweet, and I hope she never finds work again, goes broke, and becomes homeless and starving. The fat slob could stand to lose a few pounds anyway.

Edit: Apologies for the above post, I didn't intend to make an insensitive comment about overweight people. Please find it in your heart to forgive me. I love fat people. As penance, I'm going to 5-star AF's plus-sized miss piggy swimsuit thread
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Ungood thought must be severely punished, to serve as an example for others, comrade. It's only a matter of time before the gulags open and these ungood thoughts can be corrected with re-education.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Meanwhile, Louie Farrakhan calls for outright genocide and extermination of white men...and nobody says a $#@!ing thing.

Sick and $#@!ing tired of hearing about it, I could not possibly care less anymore about colored people and their endless, ceaseless bitching, bellyaching and bull$#@!.

Carry your ass elsewhere or secede, for $#@!'s sake, and stop driving everybody $#@!ing crazy with your constant unhinged whining.
    Can we include 'single mothers' and other sub-species of humanity in your very appropriate rant?

Look, Im white...I could care less about black people bitching.You know why?
    Heard white people bitching and complaining about nothing for over 20 yrs.Why shouldn't I be tired of the bull$#@! from both sides.

Doctors won't give me my prescription for pain boo hoo.
    Black people get more money from the govt than I do boo hoo.
    And way more than that.
    So seriously...what makes that horse$#@! acceptable?

Quote Originally Posted by Philmanoman View Post
    Heard white people bitching and complaining about nothing for over 20 yrs.Why shouldn't I be tired of the bull$#@! from both sides.

And way more than that.
    You should.

Best I can tell the Tee-Vee is giving black folks more of a venue to bitch than in previous years? I don't partake but I do read the news so my assumption is based on speculation...

So you are saying you could still care less than you currently do? Then I guess, there is still room to go.

I'm just stuck on why it is supposedly racist to say somebody looks like an Ape or Monkey or whatever? What is racist about that?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Seems to me the media have found another useful topic to divide people against each other. It didn't really matter if it was going to be a tweet, a shooting, some protest... It's all just another distraction to get the populace fired up against each other - instead of against their common enemy. The government.

How convenient that the government has a media to do this for them.

"I'm offended by your offense to my being offending by your offensive offense!"
    Last edited by CaptUSA; 05-30-2018 at 06:43 AM.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Seems to me the media have found another useful topic to divide people against each other. It didn't really matter if it was going to be a tweet, a shooting, some protest... It's all just another distraction to get the populace fired up against each other - instead of against their common enemy. The government.

How convenient that the government has a media to do this for them.

"I'm offended by your offense to my being offending by you offensive offense!"
    Yup.

And if you're not offended, people find it offensive.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

And way more than that.
    If it was just bitching, I suppose it would be no big deal to me either.

But it's not.

First thing that bothers me is the hypocrisy. There have been any number of speeches, letters, articles and so on from the various shades of aggrieved colored people over the past few years, increasing in volume, bitterness and frequency, that range from how I and my family should be made politically invisible and "disenfranchised" all the way to, quite literally, exterminated by genocide.

Little, if nothing, is said about that.

Second thing that bothers me, is the Salem Witch Hunt haze that is now falling over all this SJW bull$#@!, from the #PoundMeToo crowd to BLM to this. Just the allegation of an impolitic thought or deed is enough to unleash the Internet Jacobins. And the very real world consequences when they catch up to you are ruined lives, ruined careers, ruined businesses and possibly incarceration.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Looking at how quickly this story has exploded everywhere in media/replaced NK summit headlines since yesterday and how Trump/WH Press Sec are being pressured to address it, I fear that this affair could overshadow upcoming historic summit with NK's supreme leader if left wing US press is invited to press briefings. Stakes couldn't be higher for the Summit where NK is supposed to agree to give up its nukes.

Depending on who it is. Shepard Smith is about as clownish of a far left figure as they come. FNC and right spends allot of time talking about CNN and MSNBC, but he alone has many of the far left figures beat in hyperbole.
    That Shepard clip's tone was surprising but seems like he's not the only Foxnews host with surprising views of late:

Even Foxnews hosts starting to turn on MAGA?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfN3etw7uyY

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    If it was just bitching, I suppose it would be no big deal to me either.

But it's not.

First thing that bothers me is the hypocrisy. There have been any number of speeches, letters, articles and so on from the various shades of aggrieved colored people over the past few years, increasing in volume, bitterness and frequency, that range from how I and my family should be made politically invisible and "disenfranchised" all the way to, quite literally, exterminated by genocide.

Little, if nothing, is said about that.

Second thing that bothers me, is the Salem Witch Hunt haze that is now falling over all this SJW bull$#@!, from the #PoundMeToo crowd to BLM to this. Just the allegation of an impolitic thought or deed is enough to unleash the Internet Jacobins. And the very real world consequences when they catch up to you are ruined lives, ruined careers, ruined businesses and possibly incarceration.
    I get it. But you have to recognize that they feed on this. Your disgust and outrage is the fuel that feeds their distractions and pits citizen against citizen instead of citizens against their government. Every time they come up with one of these things, my sentiment is - I don't care about that, quit stealing my wealth and liberty! Makes it very easy to rise above these games.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast