Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Media pressures Trump to denounce Roseanne after her racist tweets, should he?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    I get it. But you have to recognize that they feed on this. Your disgust and outrage is the fuel that feeds their distractions and pits citizen against citizen instead of citizens against their government. Every time they come up with one of these things, my sentiment is - I don't care about that, quit stealing my wealth and liberty! Makes it very easy to rise above these games.
    These games do steal wealth and liberty especially once government gets involved.

But yeah, it's a valid point.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Seems to me the media have found another useful topic to divide people against each other. It didn't really matter if it was going to be a tweet, a shooting, some protest... It's all just another distraction to get the populace fired up against each other - instead of against their common enemy. The government.

How convenient that the government has a media to do this for them.

"I'm offended by your offense to my being offending by your offensive offense!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Yup.

And if you're not offended, people find it offensive.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Do we believe in evolution?

Valerie Jarrett isn't even black she is Iranian,

Flashback:

FBI Files Document Communism in Valerie Jarrett’s Family
    https://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2...rretts-family/
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Philmanoman View Post
    Look, Im white...I could care less about black people bitching.You know why?
    Heard white people bitching and complaining about nothing for over 20 yrs.Why shouldn't I be tired of the bull$#@! from both sides.

Doctors won't give me my prescription for pain boo hoo.
    Black people get more money from the govt than I do boo hoo.
    And way more than that.
    So seriously...what makes that horse$#@! acceptable?

Whining doesn't bother me. Theft in the form of discrimination laws (thought crimes) does.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    That's exactly the type insanity nobody talks about anymore. Even ol' Berkley in the new skits kind of lays off it.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Is this real life?
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I'm just stuck on why it is supposedly racist to say somebody looks like an Ape or Monkey or whatever? What is racist about that?
    Valerie Jarrett is black, and black folks for decades in America have been called "monkey" in a hateful, pejorative way. I hate PC culture as much as anyone in this forum, but if I were black, I would be offended too. It's not as bad as a white person calling a black the N-word, but it comes pretty close.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Valerie Jarrett isn't even black she is Iranian,

Flashback:

FBI Files Document Communism in Valerie Jarrett’s Family
    https://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2...rretts-family/

VJ is an Iranian Jew with a Black father.
    For well groomed but somewhat unstable right-wing zionists like Barr (who defends Jewish settlers taking over Palestinian land and aspires to be PM of Israel) and even for observers, race/religion/nationality distinctions can be confusing.

They Didn't Want Ethiopian Jews in Israel, Either
    It is terribly confusing, this combination of being both black and Jewish.
    It is confusing because racism based on skin color does not differentiate between citizens and non-citizens, between Muslims and Jews

Efrat Yerday
    Feb 01, 2018
    African asylum seekers outside an Interior Ministry office in Tel Aviv, January 2018.Chen Brill Agry / Amnesty International Israel

The public debate in Israel over the expulsion of asylum seekers to some African country is becoming increasingly charged. The more interesting part of the discussion how those who support deportation and the Israeli government are trying to walk a fine line and claim the decision has nothing to do with the deportees’ skin color..

https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.pre...ther-1.5785804

Most people naturally add some subjectivity based on who's using a term/word in the context past history/activism etc in order to decipher intent. In the end, intent is what matters even though not all standards used to measure it in present culture are objective or even fair.

VJ ,an Iranian Jew with an African-American father, was referred to as child of an 'Ape' - a term used by racists in the past to dehumanize black people - by a person who is known to have used same term about other black people and a vocal supporter of a society with religio-racial culture based on racially motivated idealogies. That is bound to offend people.
    Her ambien defense seems bit more plausible than pleading ignorance about VJ's heritage.
    BTW I'm no fan of VJ's politics.

Then there is the factor of stunning hypocrisy that zionists like Barr exhume.
    From another discussion, she seems to stand for a ssystem where an Israeli Christian of Arab race was convicted of rape/sent to prison for 18 months after consensual sex with a Israeli woman of Jewish race.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post

Jewish-Arab couple protest demolition of J’lem home

Arab guilty of rape after consensual sex with Jew
    A man has been sentenced to 18 months in prison after telling a woman that he was also Jewish

Jo Adetunji and Harriet Sherwood in Jerusalem
    Tue 20 Jul 2010
    Jerusalem's old city walls. Arabs constitute about 20% of Israel's population, but relationships between Jews and Arabs are rare. Photograph: Uriel Sinai/Getty Images
    A Palestinian man has been convicted of rape after having consensual sex with a woman who had believed him to be a fellow Jew.
    Sabbar Kashur, 30, was sentenced to 18 months in prison on Monday after the court ruled that he was guilty of rape by deception. According to the complaint filed by the woman with the Jerusalem district court, the two met in downtown Jerusalem in September 2008 where Kashur, an Arab from East Jerusalem, introduced himself as a Jewish bachelor seeking a serious relationship. The two then had consensual sex in a nearby building before Kashur left.
    When she later found out that he was not Jewish but an Arab, she filed a criminal complaint for rape and indecent assault.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ensual-sex-jew

Birthright, Israeli Government Demand DNA Tests to Prove Jewishness
    www.richardsilverstein.com
    Tikun Olam
    Aug 4, 2013 - And the genetic test is utterly vital to test the girl's true belonging to the master race ...

Vigilantes Patrol For Jewish Women Dating Arab Men
    NPR
    Oct 12, 2009 - Throughout Israel, young Jewish men are forming vigilante groups to end interracial relationships between Arab men and Jewish women...

It is clear they used this as an opportunity to terminate the Roseanne show and by extension, shut up and/or erase Roseanne herself from public stardom. They were looking for an excuse and they found it.

If anyone had read any of Roseanne's twitter feed at any point prior to the show's release, you would see her saying stuff far worse than the recent tweet for years, including frequent tweets talking about pizzagate, Soros, and rampant pedophilia in Hollywood. She said pretty much the same thing, comparing an Obama staffer to an ape more than 5 years ago on Twitter, but she didn't have a show then, so no big deal. Now she did, so suddenly, big big deal.

So yes, if it feels hypocritical, it's because they weren't interested in justice here, they were interested in shutting down a loud mouthed comedienne that had the #1 sitcom on television which promoted an even handed/neutral stance on Trump.

Media got its wish, there is a response from historic leader:

Donald J. Trump ‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Bob Iger of ABC called Valerie Jarrett to let her know that “ABC does not tolerate comments like those” made by Roseanne Barr. Gee, he never called President Donald J. Trump to apologize for the HORRIBLE statements made and said about me on ABC. Maybe I just didn’t get the call?

8:31 AM - 30 May 2018
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...48460881035265

Quick search of things said about him on ABC produced this meme also, by no means thorough saerch.

David Letterman Accuses Donald Trump of Racism Video - ABC News
    abcnews.go.com
    David Letterman Accuses Donald Trump of Racism ... Letterman says Trump's pursuit of Obama's birth certificate "smacks of racism."

Donald Trump is a horrible racist
    abcnews4.com/news
    South Carolina candidate for governor: 'Donald Trump is a horrible racist'. by ABC News 4.Marguerite Willis: "Trump is a racist".

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Generall speaking, black folks are just a more pathetic version of white people. I don't why Rosanne has to delv into the ugly details of appearance. Appearence does not factor into behavior.

No matter what the issue or the drama, Trump manages to make it about him lol

that is what you call CMDJDGAAA

"Continuing to Make the DJ Donmaster Great Again And Again".
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

It's all rather funny, this Roseanne thing, since she's fully on record as being far left. It's hilarious watching Trumpers circle around her like some idol of conservatism. I have no idea where this meme about her being Republican comes from. She's done candid interviews talking about her personal politics. I guess no one ever bothered to watch them.
    Last edited by devil21; 05-30-2018 at 01:54 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

The only way Roseanne can dig herself out of this hole is to adopt 2-3 ethnic kids from impoverished countries
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/...-angela-davis/

BERMAN: All the people that voted for Donald Trump are racist?

DAVIS: Yes. They may not be violently racist, they may not be — he’s targeted. He’s very clear and strategic. Look anti-blackness is a strategy that has been the foundation of part of the American project. So if you — we have to grapple with the idea if that if you heard someone at their rally say ‘build a wall, kill them all.’ If you heard someone say—
    Many of us don't have the time nor energy to be racist. We're too busy paying for the colossal errors of the Empire.

I'm astounded when such feeble minds arrive at these irrational conclusions. I'm not sure if it's propaganda or willful ignorance.
    Last edited by AuH20; 05-30-2018 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Philmanoman View Post
    Heard white people bitching and complaining about nothing for over 20 yrs.Why shouldn't I be tired of the bull$#@! from both sides.

Doctors won't give me my prescription for pain boo hoo.
    Black people get more money from the govt than I do boo hoo.
    LOL, you don't sound very libertarian..

A libertarian would be mad at the state for not allowing a person access to medicine and a libertarian would be mad at the state for stealing.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    It's all rather funny, this Roseanne thing, since she's fully on record as being far left. It's hilarious watching Trumpers circle around her like some idol of conservatism. I have no idea where this meme about her being Republican comes from. She's done candid interviews talking about her personal politics. I guess no one ever bothered to watch them.
    Well, they circled around Trump as well.

Progressive, Israel first, bombastic celebrities.... they really are just peas in a pod.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Generall speaking, black folks are just a more pathetic version of white people. I don't why Rosanne has to delv into the ugly details of appearance. Appearence does not factor into behavior.
    To the untrained eye RB may appear uglier than VJ if one wanted to be vain and look at looks individually.
    But above statement is pretty collectivist and to the trained eye will appear against principles of human liberty. If you said Bush was more pathetic than Obama or vice versa, that can be debated logically.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    To the untrained eye RB may appear uglier than VJ if one wanted to be vain and look at looks individually.
    But above statement is pretty collectivist and to the trained eye will appear against principles of human liberty. If you said Bush was more pathetic than Obama or vice versa, that can be debated logically.
    Nearly all the metrics illustrate their pathetic condition. But fear not! 'Whites' are right behind them on the conveyor belt of doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    Valerie Jarrett is black, and black folks for decades in America have been called "monkey" in a hateful, pejorative way. I hate PC culture as much as anyone in this forum, but if I were black, I would be offended too. It's not as bad as a white person calling a black the N-word, but it comes pretty close.
    Comedy in the past was about making fun of everyone no matter the words, topic or who you offend. The ultimate free speech and if you did not like it you could simply change the channel. We have traded that for censorship. Today you are only allowed to offend whites, Christians and anyone on the right, while everyone else is protected from being offended.

Not really a fan of the comedy that intentionally offends people and is mean spirited, but to single out only those groups is discrimination. Unfortunately it is and will create racial, religious and political blowback against the innocent rather than be limited to those stoking the culture war and those whom act upon that belief system against those groups.

Nearly all the metrics illustrate their pathetic condition. But fear not! 'Whites' are right behind them on the conveyor belt of doom.
    Nearly all the metrics will also show that "their" environment was worse if we are to take averages of collection of groups. That's far far more relevant factor than skin color.

This is so sad to watch, now RB has started to turn on her fellow cast members.. even little D.J.

Roseanne Reacts To Former Cast Members’ Tweets: ‘You Throw Me Under The Bus, Nice!’

First, Michael Fishman, who played D.J. Connor on the show, tweeted that Tuesday’s chain of events made the day among the hardest in his life.

“I feel devastated, not for the end of the Roseanne show, but for all those who poured their hearts and souls into our jobs, and the audience that welcomed us into their homes. Our cast, crew, writers, and production staff strived for inclusiveness, with numerous storylines designed to reflect inclusiveness. The words of one person do not exemplify the thinking of all involved,” he wrote. “I condemn these statements vehemently. They are reprehensible and intolerable, contradicting my beliefs and outlook on life and society.”
    He added: “We must standup against bias, hatred, bigotry and ignorance to make society a better place for all.”
    pic.twitter.com/rLKGEHvl4f
    — Michael Fishman (@ReelMFishman) May 29, 2018

That prompted Roseanne to accuse Fishman of throwing her under the bus.
    i created the platform for that inclusivity and you know https://t.co/hViHPX2ZUb. You throw me under the bus. nice!

— Roseanne Barr (@therealroseanne) May 30, 2018

She also claimed to be a 'civil rights' champion:

This old tweet seems too crazy, does anyone know if this is real or fake?

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Comedy in the past was about making fun of everyone no matter the words, topic or who you offend. The ultimate free speech and if you did not like it you could simply change the channel. We have traded that for censorship. Today you are only allowed to offend whites, Christians and anyone on the right, while everyone else is protected from being offended.

Not really a fan of the comedy that intentionally offends people and is mean spirited, but to single out only those groups is discrimination. Unfortunately it is and will create racial, religious and political blowback against the innocent rather than be limited to those stoking the culture war and those whom act upon that belief system against those groups.
    Comedy in the past was about being funny. There is low-brow and high-brow and a lot of room in-between. Being mean and petty is certainly part of a lot of comedian's repertoire, but I've never found it funny.

I think about 90% of the jokes that get told by regular Joe's are stupid, too. They are almost always about taking pot-shots at of someone or some group.

I like Seinfeld and Dave Chappelle. Clever, observational humor is more my style.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    The 'performing arts' folks or at least so called 'A-listers' have not been kind to DJT to the point of shunning almost since start of his unconventional campaign. So few folks who cross the line become sort of 'conservative' celeberity instantly for just showing up.
    DJT may also have created this Jesus like 'all is forgiven'/political rebirth persona once you join his team and even nutcases like Bolton who have been part and parcel of deadliest blunders of US policy get reasonably well reception.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    This old tweet seems too crazy, does anyone know if this is real or fake?

It is running like it is.

Not that I have confirmed it.

ETA: That is partly what she means when she says she has been championing for minorities.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Roseanne is not afraid to speak her mind and I find that refreshing whether I agree with her or not.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast