Thread: Hogg puts Publix in crosshairs, demands $1 million donation

Hogg puts Publix in crosshairs, demands $1 million donation

David Hogg is trying to shake down Publix.
    The public face of the gun control movement demanded $1 million Thursday from the Florida-based grocery chain in a tweet, just one day after calling for a “die-in” protest at its stores.
    Publix is being targeted by Mr. Hogg for its support of Adam Putnam, a Republican gubernatorial candidate who is now the state’s agricultural commissioner. The Tampa Bay Times reported earlier this week that Publix had given $670,000 during the last three years to Putnam campaigns.

Mr. Hogg not only sought atonement money from the grocery chain in Thursday’s tweet, he also demanded a pledge of ideological fealty to the gun-control movement.
    “I call on @Publix to donate double the money they gave to Putman [sic] to the Stoneman Douglas Victims fund, $1,000,000. And never support an A rated NRA politician again,” he wrote.
    I call on @Publix to donate double the money they gave to Putman to the Stoneman Douglas Victims fund, $1,000,000. And never support an A rated NRA politician again.
    David Hogg (@davidhogg111) May 24, 2018
    The monetary demand came a day after Mr. Hogg called for disruptive demonstrations Friday at all Publix stores, one of the biggest chains in the Southeast and especially Florida, where it is the largest private employer.

More at: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-control-push/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The manager ought to throw them out.

Targeting Publix is a bad idea. They start blocking people from getting their subs and fried chicken, somebody's gonna get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Hogg is in no position to be demanding anything.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Thanks to Boss Hogg Publix chose to hold any contributions to Planned Parenthood now.

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Thanks to Boss Hogg Publix chose to hold any contributions to Planned Parenthood now.

I like this.

I never cared for corporate political advocacy, even for causes I agree with.

If I was CEO of a major company, I would contribute zero to any political causes.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    The manager ought to throw them out.

Targeting Publix is a bad idea. They start blocking people from getting their subs and fried chicken, somebody's gonna get hurt.

This is private property. The way they should be told to leave is by breaking one of their skulls wide open. I feel like that message will resonate.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I like this.

If I was CEO of a major company, I would contribute zero to any political causes.
    It depends, a gun company would be very wise to contribute to 2ndA groups.
    In any case they shouldn't be donating to PP to help murder babies.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

someone should donate 1 million dollars to me
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A recent boycott launched by Parkland gun control activist David Hogg successfully pressured a Florida-based grocery store chain to halt its political donations to NRA-backed politicians, but his pressure tactics had an unexpected side effect: the company has decided to end all political contributions, including to Democratic politicians that oppose the NRA.
    Publix, the grocery store chain, had donated heavily to Republican Adam Putnam, who is a staunch NRA supporter, but the chain also donated to at least two dozen candidates for federal office who opposed the NRA. The Washington Times reports that the company has given over $760,000 to Democratic candidates since 2008 that oppose the NRA:

They include multiple members of the Black Congressional Caucus, former Democratic National Committee chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz, and Sens. Michael Bennet of Colorado, Richard J. Durbin of Illinois, Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota, Patty Murray of Washington, Bill Nelson of Florida, and Ron Wyden of Oregon...
    ...[they] also chipped in for presidential candidates former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Sen. Bernard Sanders in 2016, as well as then-Sen. Barack Obama in 2008.
    Florida Today, which is part of the USA Today Network, reported that one of the biggest winners to come out of Hogg's boycott is Putnam — the very candidate that he sought to destroy:
    It's hard to calculate the media exposure, statewide and nationally, that came his campaign's way. If you didn't know anything about him before, you probably know more about him now. If anything else, out of allegiance to Publix, Putnam's campaign likely will be goosed some because of the controversy.
    The newspaper also listed that one of the biggest losers to come out of Hogg's boycott is anyone who is running against Putnam, including other Republicans, because of the amount of media exposure he has received.

More at: https://www.dailywire.com/news/31216...ontent=2244176

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Little punk is a hypocrite to boot.

This kid is being groomed by the government. Don't be surprised in a few decades if he ends up running for president.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    This kid is being groomed by the government. Don't be surprised in a few decades if he ends up running for president.
    Welcome to Hazzard.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I'd be even less surprised of him ending up in a mugshot, naked and high on bath salts with his gay lover dead somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I'd be even less surprised of him ending up in a mugshot, naked and high on bath salts with his gay lover dead somewhere.
    I don't see how that would preclude him running for President as a Demoncrat.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I like this.

Yeah , I have always thought that was the way to go .
    Do something Danke