Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Slapping a waitresses ass = 1 yr jail

Slapping a waitresses ass = 1 yr jail

Denny's customer arrested after allegedly slapping waitress' butt

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/20...ress-butt.html

One New York man is accused of slapping a Denny’s waitress on the bottom while his wife was in the bathroom. The 65-year-old may now spend up to a year in jail.

On May 22, Clarence H. Locke Jr. arrived at Denny's in Rome with his wife around noon, sat down at one of staffer Jayme Adair’s tables, and ordered beverages, Newshub reports.

"The customer and his wife came in together. I didn't recognize him by his face, but when he walked in he said, “Hello Jayme,”" the 23-year-old waitress recalled. As Locke’s wife soon left the table to user the restroom, the shocking incident unfolded.

"I get their drink order, I turn to walk away and he reaches out of the booth, almost falls out of the booth and tries, and hits my butt,” Adair told WKTV . “And I was just in shock. I never had something like that happen to me.”

She immediately informed her manager, who told the man to leave.

"It made me feel embarrassed, it was degrading, it made me feel...it made me feel like I did something wrong and I know I didn't do anything wrong," Adair further mused, adding that nothing like this has happened in the five years she's worked at Denny's of Rome.

The alleged assault was caught on CCTV, and authorities were able to identify Locke shortly afterwards. He was arrested later that day around 1:30 p.m., Syracuse.com reports.

"So many women go through this and it is not fair. I did nothing wrong and I did not deserve that,” Adair said.

Locke was charged with forcible touching, a Class A misdemeanor punishable with up to a year in jail or three years’ probation. Upon conviction, the violation does not require a person to register as a sex offender, unless the victim is younger than 18 or it is not the attacker’s first sex-related conviction, WKTV reports.

Locke was later released on an appearance ticket for City Court.

"Working women are sick and tired of being subjected to this kind of abuse," Oneida County District Attorney Scott McNamara told the outlet. "Why someone would think that they could touch these people like that defies logic."

[edit]

The women in my family would have broke him of that habit without managers or kops... WTF?
    Last edited by tod evans; 05-26-2018 at 01:41 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Businessman pleads no contest to statutory rape of 5-year-old, is sentenced to just 90 days of house arrest

http://fox2now.com/2018/05/25/busine...ource=facebook

STOCKTON, Calif. - A longtime California businessman was sentenced Wednesday to just 90 days of house arrest and five years of informal probation after pleading no contest to statutory rape of a child.

The man, 79-year-old Lyle Burgess, does not have to register as a sex offender, according to KTXL.

The girl was just 5 years old at the time.

"A 5-6-year-old little girl was molested. Normally the sentence is state prison and then when you're released, you have to register as a sex offender," family attorney Ken Meleyco said.

KTXL reached out to Deputy District Attorney Kathy Murray, to find out why Burgess was charged with just statutory rape and why he wouldn't have to register as a sex offender.

Murray deferred a media person, who said to put any questions in writing online and has yet to respond.

"Future victims are not protected," Meleyco said.

KTXL also went to Burgess' home in an upscale gated community in Stockton. The person who answered the door had no comment.

"He's obviously very wealthy and it's just an example of how the wealthy people, time and time again, escape the penalty for what they did," Meleyco said.

Burgess founded Rare Parts Inc., an automotive parts manufacturer and distributor. He was a friend of the girl's family.

"They trusted this man, he was a family friend, and he took advantage of them," Meleyco said.

Meleyco says the sex assault happened after the family was invited over to Burgess' Calaveras County cabin back in 2016.

"The girl is not doing good," Meleyco said of the girl, who is now 7. "She's showing all the symptoms of somebody who's been molested. She's in counseling, and she's gonna be in counseling all her life."

The girl and her family has filed a civil suit against Burgess.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Above news could potentially create problem for widely respeected Iraqi Freedom 1.0 hero:

sexual harassment

George Bush Sr groped me too, says writer Christina Baker Kline

Will Pavia, New York
    October 28 2017, 12:01am, The Times

Christina Baker Kline, left, and Jordana Grolnick, say they were groped

A third woman has said she was groped by George Bush Sr during a photoshoot, saying that he uttered a double entendre as he did so and that she was later asked to “be discreet” about his behaviour.
    Christina Baker Kline, a novelist who grew up in the UK and now lives in New Jersey, said she met the 41st president of the United States in 2014 while taking part in a fundraising event for his wife’s literacy foundation.
    In a piece for Slate magazine, Ms Kline described an encounter that was similar to those of two actresses who claim Mr Bush groped them while posing with them for photographs.
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/g...iter-qkzrpl2m2

I had a man grab my ass once...he didn't like his dessert in his lap.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    I had a man grab my ass once...he didn't like his dessert in his lap.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to donnay again.

"The alleged assault was caught on CCTV, and authorities were able to identify Locke shortly afterwards. He was arrested later that day around 1:30 p.m., Syracuse.com reports."

At his age he should have known better.

Always, always wear a
    disguise.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

"On May 22, Clarence H. Locke Jr. arrived at Denny's in Rome with his wife around noon, sat down at one of staffer Jayme Adair’s tables, and ordered beverages, Newshub reports."

When in Rome...
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sounds like maybe early Alzheimer's needs to be considered.

Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    Sounds like maybe early Alzheimer's needs to be considered.
    That's the plea his defense attorney will use.

But in all seriousness, 1 year is ridiculous, even one month would be.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

His wife would know if he is suffering from dementia. I agree with you donnay. Maybe the judge will too, if it gets to court. The waitress needs to toughen up if she wants to make it through this World too.

Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    His wife would know if he is suffering from dementia. I agree with you donnay. Maybe the judge will too, if it gets to court. The waitress needs to toughen up if she wants to make it through this World too.
    Agree. This is ridiculous.

I've been grabbed everywhere working in a bar and I never felt like I couldn't handle it myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post

I've been grabbed everywhere working in a bar and I never felt like I couldn't handle it myself.
    I note that you don't say how you responded.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I note that you don't say how you responded.
    It depended on who was doing the grabbing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Liability these days is a big deal.

Assault is defined very broadly these days. Get a clue, especially if you are a man.

A person's body is private property. Touching without invitation is trespassing.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Yeah, riiight...
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post

Assault is defined very broadly these days. Get a clue, especially if you are a man.

A person's body is private property. Touching without invitation is trespassing.
    He touched her pants.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

1 year in jail? That's a tad extreme.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Still private property. Caught on video.

The failure of so many people to observe common courtesy has opened this door. Men can't keep their hands to themselves, so now they are prosecuted as criminals. You can't have it both ways. Either you believe in personal liberty and the individual's right to own their own bodies, or you don't. There really is no argument giving a customer on private property (the restaurant) to trespass on more private property (the woman's body).

Get the liberty thinking straight and stop defending jerks. The bottom line to liberty is that a man can control himself or he can let the government do it for him.
    Last edited by euphemia; 05-26-2018 at 06:23 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

I agree but if the man is naughty then the proper response is a slap or a kick to the shins if the woman doesn't like it NOT a year in jail.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I agree but if the man is naughty then the proper response is a slap or a kick to the shins if the woman doesn't like it NOT a year in jail.
    She could have lost her job. That would have meant loss of income for probably forever. She would not qualify for unemployment, and the jerk would likely have been able to have her prosecuted.

Private property rights apply. People have to bear the consequences of their own behavior.
    #NashvilleStrong

She could have lost her job. That would have meant loss of income for probably forever. She would not qualify for unemployment, and the jerk would likely have been able to have her prosecuted.

Private property rights apply. People have to bear the consequences of their own behavior.
    Then maybe the manager of the Denny's should ban him for life instead, a year in jail is ridiculous.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

The women in my family would have broke him of that habit without managers or kops... WTF?
    Was thinking that of several women I know.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    1 year in jail? That's a tad extreme.

I was on a subway the other day and a guy brushed against me, he should be locked up.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    On my own time, there would be definite repercussion dude would never forget.

On the job is a different thing. In my line of work hanging up on a customer is grounds for termination. In my previous job, assaulting a customer, even if provoked, would have meant immediate termination. I would guess Denny's has thrown their support and legal team behind their employee. They bear liability, too.

Liberty principles are on the side of the server. In this day and time there is no excuse. A physical violation cannot be undone. Be a jerk at your own risk.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I was on a subway the other day and a guy brushed against me, he should be locked up.
    Incidental contact. You were on your own time, do what you will.

You would not be able to treat one of your passengers or a member of your crew that way without disciplinary action from the airline. And probably a lot of bad publicity.
    #NashvilleStrong

What part of "private property" and "on the job" are you people not getting?
    #NashvilleStrong

I gather you were in a position to make your own choices? These days service industry employees have no choice if they hope to keep working.
    #NashvilleStrong

What part of "private property" and "on the job" are you people not getting?
    What part of "A year in jail" don't you understand?
    Even if government gets involved the penalty is excessive, a small fine or a day in the county lockup would be more appropriate.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Incidental contact. You were on your own time, do what you will.

You would not be able to treat one of your passengers or a member of your crew that way without disciplinary action from the airline. And probably a lot of bad publicity.
    With her fat ass, how do you know it wasn't "incidental contact."
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast