Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bill Nye Pushes Plan to Tax Animal Exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    All we can do is look at climate records when there weren't giant ice sheets blocking the sun and look at average temperatures and see if they go up.

We could probably measure just how much heat the ice sheets/caps block but I don't know if that would change the climate everywhere, I .
    What Giant Ice Shields???

I thought we were discussing science not some flat earth theory.

edit ,, or this,,

Last edited by pcosmar; 05-25-2018 at 09:51 AM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not buying bull$#@!, we can't .................................................. ...................................
    In other words, you have no idea how much humans are affecting anything - you only have your feelz... And since it seems logical (to you), you think it's scientific fact.

Seriously, this is NOT how science works. If you have a hypothesis, you measure and test it. But in this case, the hypotheses are NEVER tested - at best, they test and measure some very limited aspect of the outcomes, but they NEVER measure their underlying premise.

Sorry - you fell for the Bull$#@!.

Wanna try again?? What percentage of the change in climate is due to natural forces and what percentage is due to human impacts? Does it even concern you that there are no so-called "climate scientists" that will ever even address that calculation??
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    What Giant Ice Shields???

I thought we were discussing science not some flat earth theory.
    Miles and miles of ice in the polar regions, it reflects the heat- no flat earth here, just someone who lives in Las Vegas, and spends years of my life working just to pay for it to be a more habitable temperature in my home, and one day I thought about how amazing it would be if I owned an energy company and everyone had to pay 300 dollar electric bills

Miles and miles of ice in the polar regions, it reflects the heat- no flat earth here, just someone who lives in Las Vegas, and spends years of my life working just to pay for it to be a more habitable temperature in my home, and one day I thought about how amazing it would be if I owned an energy company and everyone had to pay 300 dollar electric bills
    Live in Michigan and Pay Heat Bills.

You live in a desert and judge the rest of the world by your narrow parameters.

The polar Ice caps are out of direct sun.. and completely dark half the year. They get little SUN to begin with and reflect little.
    an easily irrelevant theory.

You should see more of the country.. it really is huge.. and quite wet where I am currently.
    But this is Rain Forest,, and not Desert.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Live in Michigan and Pay Heat Bills.

You live in a desert and judge the rest of the world by your narrow parameters.

The polar Ice caps are out of direct sun.. and completely dark half the year. They get little SUN to begin with and reflect little.
    an easily irrelevant theory.

You should see more of the country.. it really is huge.. and quite wet where I am currently.
    But this is Rain Forest,, and not Desert.
    Yeah but wouldn't it be really nice, if you hypothetically owned an energy company and all of the sudden everyone had 400 dollar energy bills? Wouldn't that be great for business?

The "Polar Vortex" a couple years back,, (Al Gore must have been talking)

All that water,,is is about 60 degrees below being liquid.

I understand thermodynamics better than you might think,,, I grew up there..
    I heated a Home with Wood Fire.

The year after that we had record Snowfall..

This year it was the Blue Ice.

Did you know that the Water Cycle still works in a frozen environment?

Ice Evaporates.

And then we can discuss the Sub Tropics.. and the intensity of the SUN at the Equator.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 05-25-2018 at 10:16 AM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Yeah but wouldn't it be really nice, if you hypothetically owned an energy company and all of the sudden everyone had 400 dollar energy bills? Wouldn't that be great for business?
    $400 a year,?

Used to run $1000 a month in the summer in Key West.
    Fuel cost on my farm was $800 a month in winter burning Oil.

Less considerably Burning Wood,,but labor is involved.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 05-25-2018 at 10:20 AM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    In other words, you have no idea how much humans are affecting anything - you only have your feelz... And since it seems logical (to you), you think it's scientific fact.

Seriously, this is NOT how science works. If you have a hypothesis, you measure and test it. But in this case, the hypotheses are NEVER tested - at best, they test and measure some very limited aspect of the outcomes, but they NEVER measure their underlying premise.

Sorry - you fell for the Bull$#@!.

Wanna try again?? What percentage of the change in climate is due to natural forces and what percentage is due to human impacts? Does it even concern you that there are no so-called "climate scientists" that will ever even address that calculation??
    I agree. If you look at long term charts of global temperature, I mean actual long term, like 500 million years, you'll see that:

1. The earth has had hundreds of thousands of warming trends like the one we are in right now.

2. The average temperature is currently lower than the historical average.

The "Global Warmers" are using the most common statistical trick in the book. They're ignoring scale. On a 100 year timeline a .4 degree increase looks like a lot but over 500 million years you can't even see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post
    I agree. If you look at long term charts of global temperature, I mean actual long term, like 500 million years, you'll see that:

1. The earth has had hundreds of thousands of warming trends like the one we are in right now.

The "Global Warmers" are using the most common statistical trick in the book. They're ignoring scale. On a 100 year timeline a .4 degree increase looks like a lot but over 500 million years you can't even see it.
    On a 100 year timeline the global population has tripled. You don't think that 3 times the amount of people don't affect the world differently?

On a 100 year timeline the global population has tripled. You don't think that 3 times the amount of people don't affect the world differently?
    How much differently??
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

3X
    Really??

I know you're being coy, but it's only because you can't answer the question. Humans are just one factor that influences the climate. Even if you multiply that factor by 3, unless you know what their impact was to begin with, you can't possibly assess their impact now.

It's funny, right? It seems like it should be a relatively easy question to ask and someone should have had an answer by now - even a "10-30%" number would be a starting point. But look it up - you won't find it. You'll find, "X% of scientists agree.." or "X% of the climate has changed since humans...", but you will never find them estimating the human impact against other natural causes. NEVER. And that doesn't bother you?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Really??

I know you're being coy, but it's only because you can't answer the question. Humans are just one factor that influences the climate. Even if you multiply that factor by 3, unless you know what their impact was to begin with, you can't possibly assess their impact now.

It's funny, right? It seems like it should be a relatively easy question to ask and someone should have had an answer by now - even a "10-30%" number would be a starting point. But look it up - you won't find it. You'll find, "X% of scientists agree.." or "X% of the climate has changed since humans...", but you will never find them estimating the human impact against other natural causes. NEVER. And that doesn't bother you?
    Thats the joke, its hard to quantify things that don't get measured or can't get measured like air pollution and its damage on other people who have to breath the air. You would think that would be easy. All you would have to do is look at people getting cancer, or lung diseases. How much does that cost in medical expenses and how much of a drain is it on society? There are other things that give you lung problems though, and not all of the air pollution stays in the air some of it goes other places...

Thats the joke, its hard to quantify things that don't get measured or can't get measured like air pollution and its damage on other people who have to breath the air. You would think that would be easy. All you would have to do is look at people getting cancer, or lung diseases. How much does that cost in medical expenses and how much of a drain is it on society?
    You mean as opposed to surviving longer and consuming resources for longer? So, instead of treating cancer and lung diseases for a few years, we can treat other ailments for much longer?! Because that's a net savings in medical expenses???

You're still coming up empty on this one...

Quote Originally Posted by Madison320 View Post

Exactly- AND it is currently going into a cooling stage- shocker.
    There is no spoon.

Thats the joke, its hard to quantify things that don't get measured or can't get measured like air pollution and its damage on other people who have to breath the air. You would think that would be easy. All you would have to do is look at people getting cancer, or lung diseases. How much does that cost in medical expenses and how much of a drain is it on society? There are other things that give you lung problems though, and not all of the air pollution stays in the air some of it goes other places...
    Cancer is caused by lack of air but it has nothing to do with "global warming" and everything to do with the fact that "civilized" people breathe backwards. If people would actually learn about their bodies & how to take care of them, illness would shoot down to almost nothing.

Unfortunately, Big Pharma doesn't want you to know that.
    There is no spoon.

THE HUNZA PEOPLE ARE ABLE TO LIVE UP TO 145 YEARS OLD; HERE’S THEIR SECRET
    NOVEMBER 8, 2015

In the debate over which diet and lifestyle is the best path for increased health and longevity, there is nothing like real-life indisputable proof such as that found among the Hunza tribe in the Himalayas.

These people, living in an extremely secluded region of the world, practice simple lifestyle habits which allow them to enjoy excellent overall health and lifespans of up to 145 years!

This, and they do it in style, being among the happiest human beings on Earth with near-perfect physiology. Heart disease, cancer, diabetes, obesity, blood pressure issues and other common plagues of the Western world are almost unheard of among the Hunza.

More here:
    http://thespiritscience.net/2015/11/...-their-secret/
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    THE HUNZA PEOPLE ARE ABLE TO LIVE UP TO 145 YEARS OLD; HERE’S THEIR SECRET
    I don't think I want to.. 61 this year and I don't know that I want another 30..

doin' time on planet earth.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't think I want to.. 61 this year and I don't know that I want another 30..

doin' time on planet earth.
    The Hunza's are a happy people- when you live in an open air prison, it can seem not worth it.
    There is no spoon.

The Hunza's are a happy people- when you live in an open air prison, it can seem not worth it.
    I'm expecting the next several to go down hill.. so no bright hope in the future.. Hope for a few calm moments I guess.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Yeah I'm gonna eat whatever the hell I want. I could care less what these idiots think.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

I'm expecting the next several to go down hill.. so no bright hope in the future.. Hope for a few calm moments I guess.
    I think you're awesome pcosmar- keep smiling, we need you.
    There is no spoon.

I dislike Bill Nye, and I don't buy into the global warming hysteria, but I do want to reply to one thing right now, because whoever wrote this article is showing some ignorance.

If we aren’t killing and eating some of them, won’t they continue to reproduce, growing their numbers even larger, and exacerbating the problem of their belching and flatulence?
    We are artificially breeding them into existence, for the sole purpose of using/eating them. When the demand for animal products decreases, the number of animals brought into existence will decrease too. This won't happen overnight, but it will happen (gradually), it's just basic supply and demand.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Hi Bill Nye. Save the planet, kill yourself.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

I think you're awesome pcosmar- keep smiling, we need you.
    I do,, there will be pockets of peace and freedom,, but I have little hope of an overall peace.
    The world seems to be accelerating in another direction.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12