Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Danke, do something

An uneventful United Airlines flight from Amsterdam to Washington, D.C., changed when a ceiling panel fell on a passenger while the plane landed on Wednesday, video of the incident shows.
    The rough landing into Dulles International Airport caused the loose ceiling panel to fall. One passenger told FOX5 that the “top came off” and was “falling on people.”’
    The same witness told the news station that the plane was “braking hard” and the flight attendants were unable to help the passenger remove the panel until the plane slowed.
    Luckily, no one was injured during the incident.

More at: http://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/201...ashington.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It wasn’t the Captain’s fault. It wasn’t the First Officer’s fault. It was the Asphalt.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Who the $#@! goes to Croatia for vacation???

‘I thought we were done for’ - passengers on Ryanair flight describe emergency landing

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/irel...ding-1.3565435

A number of passengers on board the Ryanair flight from Dublin to Croatia that had to make an emergency landing in Germany have described their experiences.

Dozens of passengers were taken to hospital complaining of headache and earache and suffering from nausea after the plane depressurised rapidly.

Sarah McGarry, from Ratoath in Co Meath, spoke to The Irish Times from the basement at Frankfurt Hahn airport where she had been staying overnight.

She explained the moment when the cabin started losing pressure:

“We get on the plane, we’re flying and next of all the oxygen mask comes down, we’re left in darkness for 15 minutes, there’s no reassurance just people shouting ‘emergency, emergency’.

“There was a newborn baby and children on the flight, people are screaming and we don’t know what’s going on for 15 minutes . . . Then finally we’re told that we’re going to Germany.”

Another passenger, who did not want to be named, said “it was really scary, there were three to four minutes (that felt like an hour) when the plane was falling fast and I thought we were done for”.

The passenger, who was travelling with three young children, said people were bleeding from the eardrums when they landed.

Ms McGarry, who was travelling to Zadar for a holiday with her boyfriend, said her eardrum burst during the descent. However, she did not go to the hospital in an ambulance because she was not told if she would be back in time to catch the rescheduled flight, which was due to take off at 9.30am on Saturday.

“My eardrum burst when the plane dropped and I was told I’d have to travel 70km to be seen at the hospital because that there were no doctors there available. I wasn’t reassured if I went that I’d be able to get back on the flight.

“I chose not to go because if I travelled to the hospital I wasn’t reassured that I’d get back on the same flight and with the same passengers.”

The last time France and Croatia met on the world stage - https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/l...et-world-stage

Sunday’s final between France and Croatia will bring back memories for FIFA World Cup™ aficionados. 20 years ago, the two sides met in the semi-finals at the 1998 World Cup, when France were hosts.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Danke!!!

Atlanta airport reveals it spent nearly $4M on dog bathrooms

Officials for the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport recently revealed that its seven new Service Animal Relief Areas, which were installed last year, cost a total of $3.9 million.

The airport installed the seven dog bathrooms, one in each concourse, last summer, but the cost to construct them was made public only this week, Fox 5 Atlanta reports.

Airport administrators credited the high price tag to the complexities of building inside a 24-hour facility, which restricts construction to the overnight hours. Additionally, they said existing facilities had to be torn down in order to make room for the new dog bathrooms.

The Federal Department of Transportation mandates large airports have Service Animal Relief Areas.

“In order for ATL to be in compliance with federal ADA (American with Disabilities Act) standards, these relief areas had to be built,” a spokesperson for the airport told Fox News.

“The total cost for building the seven relief areas was absorbed through airport funding, not taxpayer dollars, in the amount of $3.9 million, which is reimbursable through PFCs (Passenger Facility Charges).”

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/0...bathrooms.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

“The total cost for building the seven relief areas was absorbed through airport funding, not taxpayer dollars, in the amount of $3.9 million, which is reimbursable through PFCs (Passenger Facility Charges).”
    Oh, so all those fees and charges that are tacked on to every plane ticket I buy are optional then?

@Danke

Passengers complain of bedbugs on flights out of Newark airport

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/passenger...-out-of-newark

POSTED: JUL 20 2018 04:07PM EDT
    UPDATED: JUL 20 2018 04:27PM EDT
    NEW JERSEY (FOX5NY) - Passengers on flights from Newark Liberty International Airport to India are complaining about bed bug infested seats.

In one case this week a family complained their infant was covered in bites and bleeding by the time the 17-hour flight landed in Mumbia.

Pravin Tonsekar tweeted Air India photos of his seat with apparent bed bugs on them.

Air India replied with a comment that it is: "sorry to hear this. Sharing the details with our maintenance team for corrective measures in this regard."

Another passenger tweeted to the airline that his family few out of Newark on July 18 and his wife and three children were covered in bed ug bites all over their body. He asked, "Is this what we paid $10,000 for???"

He says a doctor has prescribed 10 days of medicine on what was supposed to be a vacation for them. Air India also apologized to him in a reply.

A report out of India claims the national owned airline received other complaints about the bugs in business class seats earlier this week.

View image on TwitterView image on TwitterView image on TwitterView image on Twitter

Pravin Tonsekar @Pat_tons
    @Airindiain @sureshpprabhu @narendramodi_in Suresh Prabhuji - just arrived from New York on Air India 144 business class with family . All our seats infested with bed bugs . Sir , have heard of bed bugs on trains but shocked to experience on our maharaja and that too business
    6:25 AM - Jul 17, 2018
    81 people are talking about this
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

Rohan
    @roscrow
    @Airindiain my wife and three kids flex business class AI 144 from Newark to mumbai; now they have bed bug bites all over their body; is this is what we paid $10,000 for???
    1:50 PM - Jul 19, 2018 · Montville, NJ
    See Rohan's other Tweets
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

Rohan
    @roscrow
    · 19 Jul
    @Airindiain my wife and three kids flex business class AI 144 from Newark to mumbai; now they have bed bug bites all over their body; is this is what we paid $10,000 for???

Air India
    ✔ @Airindiain
    Your safety and pax comfort is paramount for #AirIndia. Inquiry was ordered on the same day, and responsibility will be fixed. We feel your pain and empathise also. We assure you that we will allow no one to jeopardise safety and comfort of pax.
    1:21 PM - Jul 20, 2018
    See Air India's other Tweets

I do not even think Dankes Airline reimburses people who get bed bug bites on board ( pretty common )
    Do something Danke

When I use to fly in and out of Delhi, we always locked the bathroom closest to the cockpit. The flight attendants would always ask us if they could use that toilet too.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Did something:

A pilot union rule will make flying more comfortable on United (Express)

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/17/your...hoo&yptr=yahoo
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Did something:

A pilot union rule will make flying more comfortable on United (Express)

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/17/your...hoo&yptr=yahoo
    Do you ever feel bad for those other guys and buy them a drink ?
    Do something Danke

Keeping it classy ladies...keeping it classy.

I watched a documentary last night on the great ocean liner races of the 1930s, granted, these were very wealthy people, but even the third class folks were dressed and looked sharp.

My god, how we have all devolved...nothing more than $#@! flinging gibbons, hooting at each other. And even while publicly humiliating and debasing herself, she can't put that $#@!ing cell phone down for 30 seconds. (Maybe she was calling for bail money. - AF)

I mean, I am no fashion plate, but c'mon.

Nice going ladies, you wanted to be just like men...you got the crude and filthy right...just not anything else.

Shocking moment female passenger wees on the floor of a Wizz Air flight from Britain to Poland because the toilet was engaged

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/684295...t-was-engaged/

The woman was filmed relieving herself in the cabin of the flight from London Luton to Polish capital Warsaw
    By Mark Hodge
    23rd July 2018, 10:46 amUpdated: 23rd July 2018, 11:36 am

THIS is the shocking moment a female passenger squats and pees in the galley of a Wizz Air (No, that's not a gag - AF) flight from the UK to Poland.

The woman is seen relieving herself on the flight from London Luton to Warsaw while complaining that she was not allowed to use the toilet during take off.

The woman is seen squatting against a wall while urinating in the galley

According to reports, the plane was fuelling up and passengers were temporarily forbidden from using the loo.

In the shocking footage, the young woman is seen squatting against a wall while chatting with a friend on the phone.

By her feet are several paper towels and a large pool of urine.

With her knickers and leggings pulled down to her knees, she tells the person on the phone: "You have to help me before the flight takes off. I am peeing in the aircraft.

The passenger was speaking to someone on the phone while she urinated

"I asked them (cabin crew) if I could use the toilet, but they said I could not right now. So I am peeing in the galley. Right in front of them."

The brazen woman adds: "The police are coming because it is my fault. All my fault."

Cabin crew members can be heard berating the woman, with one saying: "Are you being serious? That is disgusting. You are a grown woman."

The passenger replies: "Yeh, I know. I did ask."

Staff members can be heard shouting at the woman as she pees all over the cabin floor

The man then adds: "So you think it is okay to piss on the floor?"

There is still no confirmation as to what happened to woman after the police arrived.

Wizz Air is a Hungarian low-cost airline that serves many cities across Europe as well as some destinations in North Africa and the Middle East.

A spokesperson for the airline said: “On Wizz Air flight W6 1309 from Warsaw to London Luton a passenger was reported to become unruly during landing, ignoring crew instructions.

“The cabin crew handled the situation as they are trained to do and reported the passenger’s behaviour to the respective authorities.

“After disembarkation, while waiting for the authorities’ arrival, the situation escalated.

“The aircraft was refuelling and therefore the lavatories could not be used, as is standard procedure.

“As a result, the passenger’s behaviour became aggressive and offensive towards the crew.

“Safety is our top priority and the airline has zero tolerance for abusive behaviour. This is now a matter for the police.”
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 07-23-2018 at 01:39 PM.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "The aircraft was refuelling and therefore the lavatories could not be used, as is standard procedure"

Never heard that one before.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

THIS is the shocking moment a female passenger squats and pees in the galley of a Wizz Air (No, that's not a gag - AF) flight from the UK to Poland.
    Can't make this stuff up.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Keeping it classy ladies...keeping it classy.

I watched a documentary last night on the great ocean liner races of the 1930s, granted, these were very wealthy people, but even the third class folks were dressed and looked sharp.

My god, how we have all devolved...nothing more than $#@! flinging gibbons, hooting at each other. And even while publicly humiliating and debasing herself, she can't put that $#@!ing cell phone down for 30 seconds. (Maybe she was calling for bail money. - AF)

I mean, I am no fashion plate, but c'mon.

Nice going ladies, you wanted to be just like men...you got the crude and filthy right...just not anything else.
    It's disgusting. We're regulars at a few places and the employees and a few other regulars know us. I find it sad that, on more than one occasion, I've been asked why get so dressed up. I was wearing jeans, ffs. Yes, I also had on a nice top (ironed) and was well accessorized but I would never consider jeans dressed up. I've gotten to the point where I won't leave unless Mr A and the boys have on collared shirts. Golf shirts are fine but they've tried to leave in ratty t-shirts. Last year they thought they were hilarious when, after I gave them a particularly harsh tongue lashing about having pride in yourself, they all put on their tuxedo t-shirts.

Anyway, it's about having pride in yourself. You don't have to dress up. A little grooming, a iron (or even a little handheld steamer) go long, long way. Especially considering that most people look like hobos when they leave the house.

$#@!ing animal. I would've pushed her over into her own piss.

Shocking moment female passenger wees on the floor of a Wizz Air flight from Britain to Poland because the toilet was engaged

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/684295...t-was-engaged/

The woman was filmed relieving herself in the cabin of the flight from London Luton to Polish capital Warsaw
    By Mark Hodge
    23rd July 2018, 10:46 amUpdated: 23rd July 2018, 11:36 am

The woman is seen relieving herself on the flight from London Luton to Warsaw while complaining that she was not allowed to use the toilet during take off.

The woman is seen squatting against a wall while urinating in the galley

According to reports, the plane was fuelling up and passengers were temporarily forbidden from using the loo.

In the shocking footage, the young woman is seen squatting against a wall while chatting with a friend on the phone.

By her feet are several paper towels and a large pool of urine.

With her knickers and leggings pulled down to her knees, she tells the person on the phone: "You have to help me before the flight takes off. I am peeing in the aircraft.

The passenger was speaking to someone on the phone while she urinated

"I asked them (cabin crew) if I could use the toilet, but they said I could not right now. So I am peeing in the galley. Right in front of them."

The brazen woman adds: "The police are coming because it is my fault. All my fault."

Cabin crew members can be heard berating the woman, with one saying: "Are you being serious? That is disgusting. You are a grown woman."

The passenger replies: "Yeh, I know. I did ask."

Staff members can be heard shouting at the woman as she pees all over the cabin floor

The man then adds: "So you think it is okay to piss on the floor?"

There is still no confirmation as to what happened to woman after the police arrived.

Wizz Air is a Hungarian low-cost airline that serves many cities across Europe as well as some destinations in North Africa and the Middle East.

A spokesperson for the airline said: “On Wizz Air flight W6 1309 from Warsaw to London Luton a passenger was reported to become unruly during landing, ignoring crew instructions.

“The cabin crew handled the situation as they are trained to do and reported the passenger’s behaviour to the respective authorities.

“After disembarkation, while waiting for the authorities’ arrival, the situation escalated.

“The aircraft was refuelling and therefore the lavatories could not be used, as is standard procedure.

“As a result, the passenger’s behaviour became aggressive and offensive towards the crew.

“Safety is our top priority and the airline has zero tolerance for abusive behaviour. This is now a matter for the police.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

<span class="headline_article" style="text-align: center; font-family: Times, &quot;Time New Roman&quot;, sans-serif; font-weight: bold; font-size: 14.1pt;">

Incident: China Airlines B744 at Chicago on Jun 21st 2018, touched down off the runway and went around
    By Simon Hradecky, created Friday, Jun 22nd 2018 17:46Z, last updated Saturday, Jul 21st 2018 22:14Z
    A China Airlines Boeing 747-400 freighter, registration B-18711 performing freight flight CI-5148 from Anchorage,AK to Chicago O'Hare,IL (USA) with 4 people on board, was on an ILS approach to runway 10L at 09:57L (14:57Z) when the crew advised they were going around having had a last minute deviation on the runway. The crew of another aircraft on the ground advised the aircraft had gone off the runway, a third crew advised tower the runway needed to be inspected. A runway inspection found debris on the runway, the windsock (WDI) to the left (north) of the runway between taxiway DD and N1 was found damaged, the runway was closed for about 50 minutes. In the meantime B-18711 positioned for another approach and landed safely on runway 09R about 25 minutes after the go around.

The FAA reported the flight touched down in the grass, went around and returned to land. None of the 4 occupants was injured, the aircraft sustained minor damage.

The occurrence aircraft is still on the ground in Chicago about 27 hours after landing.

http://www.avherald.com/h?article=4ba33b1c&opt=256
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

"A Convair 340, registration ZS-BRV, crashed and broke up during a test flight out of Wonderboom Airport, reportedly carrying about 20 occupants.
    During takeoff from Wonderboom Airport, the aircraft was seen trailing smoke from the no.1 engine. Eyewitnesses also reported observing flames. The pilot flew a right hand circuit at low altitude for an emergency landing back on runway 29. Having turned to base leg the aircraft went down about 6 km to the east of the airport. It impacted a shed and broke up. The flight engineer sustained fatal injuries.
    The aircraft had been donated by the owner, Rovos Air, to the Dutch aviation theme park Aviodrome. It carried the colour scheme of the former Dutch airline Martin's Air Charter (later renamed Martinair) and was to be ferried to the Netherlands with an expected arrival at Lelystad Airport on July 23, 2018. The accident flight was the final test flight before the planned start of the ferry flight on July 12."

They should have been able to fly on one engine...wonder what happened. Too early turn back before gaining altitude and airspeed?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Fighter gunning porn:

Skip to 2:00ish

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The different beeps and squeaks are various types of radars looking and launching on said aircraft, that a pilot can identify without looking down.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Going over the pole from Germany to Alaska, I was a passenger in a large plan doing air refueling. They had to do a break away maneuver (they push over quickly) while I was asleep. ya, I had my seatbelt on, but it was a rude awakening as we were near zero gravity.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

@Danke , do something!

When Airline CEOs Try the Cheap Seats

https://www.wsj.com/articles/when-ai...ats-1532441990

By Scott McCartney
    July 24, 2018 10:19 a.m. ET

Have you ever been vacuum-packed into a shrunken coach seat wishing the airline CEO had to endure the same discomfort?

We did that for you, sort of. The Middle Seat asked the chief executives of the big three U.S. airlines to plop down in the back of one of their airplanes and explain why they think the skimpy confines of coach today are acceptable.

Two agreed. Delta CEO Ed Bastian, 6-foot-3, arranged for an interview on his company’s most recently reconfigured Boeing 777-200 in Atlanta. American CEO Doug Parker, also 6-foot-3, snuggled into a coach seat on a reconfigured 777-200 in a Dallas-Fort Worth airport hangar.

One refused: United’s Oscar Munoz declined to be interviewed in a coach seat. Asked why, United declined to comment.

Messrs. Bastian and Parker fit, although knees were kissing distance from the seat in front. Neither had to contend with a middle-seat neighbor to rub shoulders and sides or a passenger reclining in front of them.

Neither apologizes for packing in more, skinnier seats. Their message: If you want more space, buy it.

U.S. airlines in recent years have improved on many fronts, from reducing lost baggage to consistently earning profits. The biggest backslide, at least from the reader emails I receive constantly, is standard coach accommodations.

More at link...

They should have been able to fly on one engine...wonder what happened. Too early turn back before gaining altitude and airspeed?
    Good question...I dunno myself.

Flight control system failure?

The Sister, front and center, with the grey socks:

"Sister Emily, is...is...is that a penis?"

'My boss will call your boss!': Aer Lingus pilot gets into comical stand-off with New York air traffic controller after being made to circle the airport for an hour

http://www.mr-mehra.com/2018/07/my-b...er-lingus.html

7 HRS AGO 2 MINUTEREAD
    An Aer Lingus pilot and air traffic control got into a heated exchange after taking off from New York's JFK airport on Sunday
    The pilot was made to circle the airport for an hour after opting not to take the flight path because he thought the weather was unsafe
    Air traffic controller became increasingly agitated as he told the pilot that all other flights were flying through an approaching storm
    Flight tracker shows the Aer Lingus flight repeatedly circling the airport
    An Aer Lingus pilot has found himself in a crabby exchange with a New York air traffic controller after the two men started arguing about the best flight route to take.
    The tense exchange, which was recorded on the radio, started just moments after the Irish pilot took off from JFK airport en route to Dublin on Sunday.
    The pilot was made to circle around the airport for an hour by the air traffic controller after opting not to take the flight path because he thought the weather conditions were unsafe.
    An Aer Lingus pilot got into a heated exchange with an air traffic controller after he was made to circle around New York's JFK airport for an hour on Sunday after takeoffÂ
    An Aer Lingus pilot got into a heated exchange with an air traffic controller after he was made to circle around New York's JFK airport for an hour on Sunday after takeoff
    In the three minutes of audio, the air traffic controller can be heard radioing the Aer Lingus flight - referred to as Shamrock 104 Heavy - after takeoff.
    The pilot was supposed to take off and fly left across the Atlantic, but he spotted a storm in that direction and opted to head straight while he awaited further instructions.
    The controller appeared to become agitated as he told the pilot that all other flights had flown through the storm, insisting that it was 'lightest category'.
    'Shamrock 104 Heavy, it's light. I have six categories of weather here, that's the lightest category. I've had no adverse ride reports south of the airport by 10 miles,' the controller said.
    A flight tracker shows the Aer Lingus flight repeatedly circling the airport as a new route is worked out.
    The pilot was made to circle around the airport for an hour by the air traffic controller after opting not to take the flight path because he thought the weather conditions were unsafe
    The pilot was made to circle around the airport for an hour by the air traffic controller after opting not to take the flight path because he thought the weather conditions were unsafe
    The controller appeared to become agitated as he told the pilot that all other flights had flown through the storm, insisting that it was 'lightest category'
    When the pilot questioned why he couldn't fly in one certain direction, the controller said: 'You've got yourself in this position…'
    After going back and forth, the pilot was finally given the all clear to carry on.
    'Before I go, we didn't create any situation, we flew the aircraft in a safe manner and my boss will be in contact with your boss. Good day,' the pilot said.
    The controller hit back: 'Everybody on the airport is turning left. I mean, there's not too many options here in New York.'
    The audio finishes with the pilot saying: 'It's not my first day in New York, it's not my first day in an aircraft. I did what I had to do. Good day.'

'My boss will call your boss!': Aer Lingus pilot gets into comical stand-off with New York air traffic controller after being made to circle the airport for an hour

http://www.mr-mehra.com/2018/07/my-b...er-lingus.html
    LOL, "My daddy can beat up your daddy".
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Controller sounds like a jerk.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Controller sounds like a jerk.
    NYC

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast