Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Danke, do something

United Airlines Pilot Andrew Collins has been suspended after being arrested for indecent exposure at Denver Airport's Westin Hotel.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/airline-p...191003241.html

Any relation to Matt?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    United Airlines Pilot Andrew Collins has been suspended after being arrested for indecent exposure at Denver Airport's Westin Hotel.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/airline-p...191003241.html

Any relation to Matt?
    I figured someone would post this. Though it would have been AF.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I figured someone would post this. Though it would have been AF.
    Be glad I'm on your side about PoW pictures.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

More than 24,000 United Airlines flight attendants want management at the Chicago-based carrier to know the fight isn’t over yet to reverse a controversial move announced earlier this month to cut one flight attendant from staffing assigned to United's high-margin Polaris international business class cabin.
    United flight attendants who belong to the Association of Flight Attendants (AFA) are planning a system-wide “day of action” on Dec. 13 to protest the staffing cuts and other issues that have rankled rank-and-file flight attendants in recent months.
    The protest is expected to include informational picket lines at United’s key hubs across the nation, including Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport, San Francisco International Airport, Los Angeles International Airport, and Newark Liberty International Airport, among others.
    In a memo to AFA's United Airlines membership, union leaders said “we are taking our fight public because our fight affects the traveling public too, and management should not only be answering to Wall Street. The people on planes are the ones who matter.”
    United management has insisted the cut of one flight attendant in the Polaris cabin, to take effect Feb. 1, will not materially affect the level of service to Polaris customers because the carrier plans to pre-plate entrees served in the business cabin.

Other concerns United flight attendants hope to bring to the public’s attention are what FAs insist are insufficient hotel accommodations during irregular operations and severe weather, plus the need to fix payroll issues and resolve discrepancies expeditiously.
    AFA also want United to eliminate so-called “long sits” that require some flight attendants to work grueling schedules such as an overnight red-eye transcon flight followed by another morning flight the same day.

More at: https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/...hoo&yptr=yahoo

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    More than 24,000 United Airlines flight attendants want management at the Chicago-based carrier to know the fight isn’t over yet to reverse a controversial move announced earlier this month to cut one flight attendant from staffing assigned to United's high-margin Polaris international business class cabin.
    United flight attendants who belong to the Association of Flight Attendants (AFA) are planning a system-wide “day of action” on Dec. 13 to protest the staffing cuts and other issues that have rankled rank-and-file flight attendants in recent months.
    The protest is expected to include informational picket lines at United’s key hubs across the nation, including Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport, San Francisco International Airport, Los Angeles International Airport, and Newark Liberty International Airport, among others.
    In a memo to AFA's United Airlines membership, union leaders said “we are taking our fight public because our fight affects the traveling public too, and management should not only be answering to Wall Street. The people on planes are the ones who matter.”
    United management has insisted the cut of one flight attendant in the Polaris cabin, to take effect Feb. 1, will not materially affect the level of service to Polaris customers because the carrier plans to pre-plate entrees served in the business cabin.

Other concerns United flight attendants hope to bring to the public’s attention are what FAs insist are insufficient hotel accommodations during irregular operations and severe weather, plus the need to fix payroll issues and resolve discrepancies expeditiously.
    AFA also want United to eliminate so-called “long sits” that require some flight attendants to work grueling schedules such as an overnight red-eye transcon flight followed by another morning flight the same day.

More at: https://www.bizjournals.com/chicago/...hoo&yptr=yahoo
    Well, I guess I can understand that.

On United, the average age of the straight, non trans queeer FA staff has got to be about 70.

The American skies have gone from an open market with many competing airlines to a cozy oligopoly with four major airlines. To say that there are four major airlines overstates the true level of competition. Most U.S. airlines dominate a local hub, unironically known as “fortress hubs,” where they face little competition and have a near monopoly. They have the landing slots, and they are willing to engage in predatory pricing to keep out any new entrants. At 40 of the 100 largest U.S. airports, a single airline controls a majority of the market.
    United, for example, dominates many of the country’s largest airports. In Houston, United has around a 60 percent market share, in Newark 51 percent, in Washington Dulles 43 percent, in San Francisco 38 percent and in Chicago 31 percent. This situation is even more skewed for other airlines. For example, Delta has an 80 percent market share in Atlanta and 77 percent in Philadelphia, while in Dallas-Fort Worth it has 77 percent. For many routes, you simply have no choice.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...-capitalism-it

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    @Danke

Passenger says Delta pilot used Grindr to hit on him during flight

https://nypost.com/2018/11/28/passen...during-flight/

By Christian Gollayan November 28, 2018 | 2:56pm | Updated

A college student said that a Delta pilot messaged him on Grindr during their flight. Getty Images

A passenger onboard a Delta plane was creeped out after a pilot messaged him on Grindr during their flight.

JP Thorn, a 27-year-old college student, told The Post that the strange interaction happened while he was flying from Saint Paul, Minnesota, to Chicago in August. When his flight landed, his cellular service returned and he noticed a new notification on the gay dating app.

[img]https://********************************/2018/11/181128-delta-pilot-grindr-embed.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=300[/img]

“I see you’re on my flight,” the message read. “Enjoy the ride to Chicago.”

“My reaction was I knew I needed to get off this plane as fast as I can,” Thorn, who’s studying communications at Hamline University, told The Post. “I’ve had some weird experiences with proximity stuff on Grindr.”

Turns out, Thorn told The Post that the message was sent 30 minutes prior to the plane’s landing, which meant he received the message during their 90-minute trip. Thorn said that according to the gay dating app, the man was 90 feet away from him, and the man’s profile features a photo of the sky taken from the cockpit.

“My deductive reasoning led me to believe that he was the pilot,” Thorn told The Post. “I messaged him back and he told me that he was one of the pilots.”

Though Thorn was weirded out by the online exchange, his anxieties were alleviated after he left the plane and walked to his connecting flight. He continued to chat with the pilot on Grindr, whom Thorn ultimately described as a “nice guy.”

“He asked me about our flight, how it was on the way, and [the conversation] was really standard,” Thorn said. “I said there was no turbulence, then he made a joke about turbulence.”

Thorn deleted his app when he landed in Nashville and has lost touch with the aviator ever since. Though Thorn said that if he didn’t have to catch his connecting flight, he would’ve met the captain.

“I meet up with people all the time from Grindr,” Thorn said. “I think I totally would have met him for coffee.”

On Sunday, Thorn uploaded a screenshot of their conversation on Twitter, which quickly turned into a social media sensation and now has more than 218 thousand likes.

remember when my pilot messaged me on grindr at 30,000 feet in the air pic.twitter.com/0q7QNDX7MV

— JP (@emobandtshirt) November 25, 2018

“I got a lot of people saying I should’ve met up with pilots because they make a lot of money,” he said. “That was pretty funny.”

And Thorn said that he would fly with Delta again.

“It’s the only airline I tend to use,” he said. “I don’t think they get into too much controversy.”

Delta didn’t immediately return a request for comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    @Danke

A college student said that a Delta pilot messaged him on Grindr during their flight. Getty Images

A passenger onboard a Delta plane was creeped out after a pilot messaged him on Grindr during their flight.

JP Thorn, a 27-year-old college student, told The Post that the strange interaction happened while he was flying from Saint Paul, Minnesota, to Chicago in August. When his flight landed, his cellular service returned and he noticed a new notification on the gay dating app.

[img]https://********************************/2018/11/181128-delta-pilot-grindr-embed.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=300[/img]

“My reaction was I knew I needed to get off this plane as fast as I can,” Thorn, who’s studying communications at Hamline University, told The Post. “I’ve had some weird experiences with proximity stuff on Grindr.”

Turns out, Thorn told The Post that the message was sent 30 minutes prior to the plane’s landing, which meant he received the message during their 90-minute trip. Thorn said that according to the gay dating app, the man was 90 feet away from him, and the man’s profile features a photo of the sky taken from the cockpit.

“My deductive reasoning led me to believe that he was the pilot,” Thorn told The Post. “I messaged him back and he told me that he was one of the pilots.”

Though Thorn was weirded out by the online exchange, his anxieties were alleviated after he left the plane and walked to his connecting flight. He continued to chat with the pilot on Grindr, whom Thorn ultimately described as a “nice guy.”

“He asked me about our flight, how it was on the way, and [the conversation] was really standard,” Thorn said. “I said there was no turbulence, then he made a joke about turbulence.”

Thorn deleted his app when he landed in Nashville and has lost touch with the aviator ever since. Though Thorn said that if he didn’t have to catch his connecting flight, he would’ve met the captain.

“I meet up with people all the time from Grindr,” Thorn said. “I think I totally would have met him for coffee.”

On Sunday, Thorn uploaded a screenshot of their conversation on Twitter, which quickly turned into a social media sensation and now has more than 218 thousand likes.

remember when my pilot messaged me on grindr at 30,000 feet in the air pic.twitter.com/0q7QNDX7MV

“I got a lot of people saying I should’ve met up with pilots because they make a lot of money,” he said. “That was pretty funny.”

“It’s the only airline I tend to use,” he said. “I don’t think they get into too much controversy.”

Coming out of Dankes hometown you will notice . Changed the name of the airline certainly .
    Last edited by oyarde; 11-29-2018 at 02:18 PM.
    Do something Danke

@Danke

[IMG]https://********************************/2018/11/181128-delta-pilot-grindr-embed.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=300[/IMG]

Where do you find these stories...nvm, don't answer that.

Probably fake anyways (never trust a pole smoker, even when they Captain your boat), and if not, probably a Delta Connection airline, not Delta Mainline.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

@Danke

This has to rank right up there with the most ridiculous story ever published.

Is Delta supposed to care about this? “Some random gay guy got a message on a gay dating app! Fire up the presses, this is big! Get Delta on the phone now, they have some explaining to do!”.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    This has to rank right up there with the most ridiculous story ever published.

Is Delta supposed to care about this? “Some random gay guy got a message on a gay dating app! Fire up the presses, this is big! Get Delta on the phone now, they have some explaining to do!”.
    If they can prove it came during flight from a pilot at his duty station, then he will get in twouble.
    Last edited by Danke; 11-29-2018 at 06:02 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

If they can prove it can during flight from a pilot at his duty station, then he will get in twouble.
    He'll claim homophobia.

If they can prove it can during flight from a pilot at his duty station, then he will get in twouble.
    So the point is supposed to be the use of a cell phone or other personal device? Is that banned at all times for crew?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    So the point is supposed to be the use of a cell phone or other personal device? Is that banned at all times for crew?
    Yes. unless on a break. But that with multiple crews onboard, like a long international flight.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He'll claim homophobia.
    Oh, so that is how you've been able to keep your job.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

We're manly men over here, not a bunch of twinkle toed poofsters.

Must have been a bad flight day.

I know what will cheer you up...

~hugs~

Must have been a bad flight day.

I know what will cheer you up...

~hugs~
    Not flying, have some time off. My winter beater is leaking coolant. Think it's coming from the head gasket. Gonna try some of that sealant stuff, vehicle not worth doing a proper repair unless @oyarde came over with his work clothes and gloves.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Not flying, have some time off. My winter beater is leaking coolant. Think it's coming from the head gasket. Gonna try some of that sealant stuff, vehicle not worth doing a proper repair unless @oyarde came over with his work clothes and gloves.
    Is it a straight six ?
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Is it a straight six ?
    no
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

no
    That means there will be a lot of stuff in the way of taking off the head ?
    Do something Danke

That means there will be a lot of stuff in the way of taking off the head ?

I have lots of beads still.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    no
    You probably really should fix it right before it gets any colder . It is one of those things you really just have to do yourself too because the labor rate on it will be way too high .
    Do something Danke

You probably really should fix it right before it gets any colder . It is one of those things you really just have to do yourself too because the labor rate on it will be way too high .

If the sealant $#@! don't work, it is off to the grave yard after I strip out my rad stereo.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

If the sealant $#@! don't work, it is off to the grave yard after I strip out my rad stereo.
    Maybe you can sell it to AF.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

I dunno , if the motor and trans are good you should probably fix it and drive it
    Do something Danke

She needs re-education at your home for wayward women.

Dominatrix specializes in turning ‘white, right-wing men’ into socialists

For many of her clientele, who are almost exclusively white right-wing men because she finds herself unable “to be even fictionally cruel to any other type of man,” that fetish is serving a powerful woman. Marbury derives her pleasure comes from forcing those men to see the contradiction between their love of powerful women and their support for political parties that actively work to limit women’s rights and empowerment.

https://womenintheworld.com/2018/11/...to-socialists/

My guess, the mechanics failed to latch it after some work. And a pilot missed that during the pre-flight walk around.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/passengers...opstories.html

Passengers terrified after part of engine cover flies off plane during flight to Tampa

Passengers terrified after part of engine cover flies off plane during flight to Tampa originally appeared on abcnews.go.com
    A Frontier Airlines plane bound for Tampa was forced to return to Las Vegas after an engine malfunction, according to the airline.
    On Friday morning, a section of the engine cover, called a cowling, came loose and separated from the aircraft, Frontier Airlines said.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Gonna put a crimp in your sex life if you don't get it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Gonna put a crimp in your sex life if you don't get it fixed.

That one was destroyed in the fire too.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast