Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Danke, do something

Pasadena Family Says KLM Dutch Royal Airlines Uncooperative After 5-Month-Old Puppy Dies On Flight To LAX

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2019...es-flight-lax/

March 26, 2019 at 5:23 amFiled Under:Central Asian Shepherd, Dog Dies On Flight, KLM Dutch Royal Airlines, Pasadena, Pasadena News

PASADENA (CBSLA) — A Pasadena family wants answers after its 5-month-old puppy died on a flight from Amsterdam to Los Angeles.

Bear was a purebred Central Asian Shepherd from Greece who was finally on his way to his new family in Pasadena. He had been a gift from a family friend.

But Bear did not survive the 11-hour flight on KLM Dutch Royal Airlines.

“I couldn’t go home that day,” Bear’s owner Andranik Avetisian said. “I don’t know what to say to my kids.”

To add insult to injury, Avetisian says the airline still has the dog’s body and won’t release it to the family.

“I want to see the puppy. I asked them to see the puppy,” Avetisian said. He says he wants to see the condition of the dog, but no one at the airlines will let him do that.

Attorney Evan Oshan says the family Bear have plans to file a police report if they don’t hear back from the airline.

In a statement KLM confirmed that a dog was found dead in the cargo hold of the KL601 after a flight from Amsterdam to Los Angeles on March 19 and expressed their condolences.

“In cooperation with the local health authority in the U.S., the Center for Disease Control, the dog was initially examined to ensure there was no immediately obvious public health threat. The dog was loaded correctly according to KLM’s pet policy. We have to wait for the results of the necropsy to determine the cause of death,” KLM said in the statement.

They said their cargo department was in contact with the dog’s owner and could not release further details about the investigation for reasons of customer confidentiality.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Pasadena Family Says KLM Dutch Royal Airlines Uncooperative After 5-Month-Old Puppy Dies On Flight To LAX

March 26, 2019 at 5:23 amFiled Under:Central Asian Shepherd, Dog Dies On Flight, KLM Dutch Royal Airlines, Pasadena, Pasadena News

PASADENA (CBSLA) — A Pasadena family wants answers after its 5-month-old puppy died on a flight from Amsterdam to Los Angeles.

Bear was a purebred Central Asian Shepherd from Greece who was finally on his way to his new family in Pasadena. He had been a gift from a family friend.

“I couldn’t go home that day,” Bear’s owner Andranik Avetisian said. “I don’t know what to say to my kids.”

To add insult to injury, Avetisian says the airline still has the dog’s body and won’t release it to the family.

“I want to see the puppy. I asked them to see the puppy,” Avetisian said. He says he wants to see the condition of the dog, but no one at the airlines will let him do that.

Attorney Evan Oshan says the family Bear have plans to file a police report if they don’t hear back from the airline.

In a statement KLM confirmed that a dog was found dead in the cargo hold of the KL601 after a flight from Amsterdam to Los Angeles on March 19 and expressed their condolences.

“In cooperation with the local health authority in the U.S., the Center for Disease Control, the dog was initially examined to ensure there was no immediately obvious public health threat. The dog was loaded correctly according to KLM’s pet policy. We have to wait for the results of the necropsy to determine the cause of death,” KLM said in the statement.

They said their cargo department was in contact with the dog’s owner and could not release further details about the investigation for reasons of customer confidentiality.
    Have the airlines been hiring ex-cops?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

A long flight for a puppy. That is just dumb. Fly the animal in a cargo carrier. They will let you visit the dog. That is what we did with my ex and her horses from Germany. Expensive, but if you want to visit your animal during the flight...
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    A long flight for a puppy. That is just dumb. Fly the animal in a cargo carrier. They will let you visit the dog. That is what we did with my ex and her horses from Germany. Expensive, but if you want to visit your animal during the flight...
    Where are the horses now ?
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Where are the horses now ?
    No idea, I think one was retarded and the other prized dressage horse tried to jump a barbed wire fence and scared itself, so the value dropped way down.

I got rid of the horses and the woman.

Lost money on both, but in the end, it was worth it.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

No idea, I think one was retarded and the other prized dressage horse tried to jump a barbed wire fence and scared itself, so the value dropped way down.

I got rid of the horses and the woman.

Lost money on both, but in the end, it was worth it.
    I have never seen a retarded horse . I would gift it to a dem politician and take full value as a tax write off . When I was at Artillery HQ in Germany we had a mascot , a mule named Deuce. He was pretty smart and would pick pocket your beers if you did not keep an eye on him.
    Last edited by oyarde; 04-01-2019 at 04:24 PM.
    Do something Danke

United Airlines is threatening to fire some flight attendants it suspects are engaging in a sophisticated effort to grab the best trips — such as lucrative and comfortable long-haul flights to London, Sydney, or Tokyo — and selling them to colleagues, according to a new memo.
    “We have zero tolerance for this prohibited behavior,” wrote P. Douglas McKeen, senior vice president for labor relations. “When we discover that it’s occurring, we will fully investigate and take appropriate action, up to and including discharge.”
    This marks the second time in the past month United has warned employees not to commit fraud against their employer. Early in March, United admitted it fired 35 employees it said had sold their employee travel passes. Employees can give the passes, which permit inexpensive travel, to friends and family but cannot sell them. According to United, some passengers paid as much as $4,000 for a year’s worth of discounted flights.
    The recently uncovered fraud was more of an inside job, United said, with flight attendants scheming to take advantage of colleagues.
    Both the union and the company said in separate memos that upset flight attendants brought the matter to their attention. Neither memo said how may flight attendants were accused of unethical behavior, but it is believed to be a small number. United said an “overwhelming number” of flight attendants followed rules.
    “Over the past few months, we have been aware that many of you have voiced concerns about illicit trip brokering where certain individuals have been improperly ‘parking’ and holding trips for their personal gain,” the Association of Flight Attendants (AFA) said in its note, dated March 23. “We’ve heard your frustration and recognize how many of you have exercised restraint in reporting this egregious activity to management because we are unionists.”
    The Scheme

At United, as with most U.S. carriers, crews bid for trips based on seniority, so flight attendants with the longest tenure usually take the best trips. Flight attendants often prefer the longest flights, both because they pay more in a shorter time period — they’re paid by the hour but only when in the air — and they have longer layovers, often in better hotels than for domestic trips.
    United’s contract allows flight attendants to trade trips to colleagues if they cannot fly them. The system is designed to ensure coverage for “unforeseen events,” McKeen said.
    “Those trades are not the issue,” McKeen said. “What we’re addressing is the growing problem of selecting, trading, or parking a pairing to broker, buy, or sell it to another flight attendant.”
    Neither United nor the the union representing United’s cabin crew, would say much about the circumstances. But McKeen’s memo, along with a similar one from the union, suggests this practice is more involved than some flight attendants simply asking for payment from friends in exchange for a cushy trip.
    United said it searched social media and found flight attendants using code words to describe the kickback approach, promising “hugs,” “kisses,” “candy canes,” and “expressions of appreciation” to flight attendants who participated.
    “This is about fairness, plain and simple,” McKeen said. “No flight attendant should have an unfair advantage beyond their seniority rights when it comes to managing their schedule or accessing flying opportunities.”
    Usually, organized labor protects members on the verge of disciplinary action but the union said it would not stand by behind members who committed fraud against other flight attendants.
    United, meanwhile, said it would continue to investigate.
    “We know schedules are very important to our flight attendants, and we work closely with AFA to make sure our flight attendant scheduling is fair for all of them,” a United spokesman said in an email.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/unite...153535362.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Flight simulations that attempted to recreate the problems that caused a Lion Air plane made by Boeing Inc. BA, -0.02% to crash in Indonesia last fall found that pilots had less than 40 seconds to override an automated system, the New York Times reported Tuesday, citing two people familiar with the matter. in the tests, pilots found that a single sensor failed, triggering software that was designed to prevent a stall. As soon as that happened, pilots had to move fast to disengage the system to avoid a nose dive of the jet, a Boeing 737 Max. The automated system, known as MCAS, is the focus for investigators seeking to determine what happened to the Lion Air plane, as well as an Ethiopian Airlines crash of the same Boeing model earlier this month. The two people told the paper that those conducting the testing had not understood the power of the MCAS. Pilots had received only limited training on the system before the first crash and the captain of the Lion Air flight was looking through a technical manual during the final minutes, said the paper.

More at: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/pi...of2&yptr=yahoo

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Handsome little pooch... never seen one of those before.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

The world's youngest woman commander of a Boeing 777

At age 30, Captain Anny Divya became the youngest woman ever to command a Boeing 777 - the world’s largest twin-engine jet.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

@Danke

Report: Dog near controls likely caused pilot to crash plane

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...h-13755557.php

April 10, 2019 Updated: April 10, 2019 6:42 p.m.

MONTICELLO, Iowa (AP) — Federal investigators say a small plane crash that killed a 90-year-old pilot near an eastern Iowa airport was likely caused by the pilot's decision to allow his large dog near the flight controls.

The final National Transportation Safety Board report says investigators don't know for certain what caused the single-engine aircraft to go down in a cornfield in June 2017 near Monticello Regional Airport. However, the report says, the dog that weighed about 75 pounds likely came in "contact with the flight controls during landing, which resulted in the pilot's loss of airplane control."

Television station KCRG reports that the dog survived the crash.

The NTSB report says the plane was in good working order before crashing. Pilot Jerry Naylor of Scotch Grove, Iowa, was killed. An autopsy showed he died of multiple blunt-force injuries.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

A Royal Netherlands Air Force F-16 Fighting Falcon was severely damaged during a live-fire training mission at Vliehors Shooting Range in the Netherlands, earlier this year, reported The Military Times.
    Dutch State media released a photo of the damaged aircraft, showing at least one round ripping through the plane's exterior skin. The fighter jet reportedly had engine damage from the debris. Although details behind the incident have been kept secret, Dutch media outlets have described the mishap as a case of the "plane shooting itself."

The F-16's armament includes a General Electric M61A1 Vulcan, a 6-barrel 20mm cannon. It fires standard M50 ammunition at 6,000 rounds per minute.
    The reported muzzle velocity of the M61A1 Vulcan is approximately 3,450 feet per second, while the maximum speed of the F-16 is 1,500 mph or 2,200 feet per second. The Aviationist said, "that makes the likelihood of an F-16 actually catching its own bullets in flight largely impossible." Rather it was a case of ricocheting bullets.

Nevertheless, "this is a serious incident," Wim Bagerbos, inspector general at the Netherlands Department of Defense, told Dutch media, adding that "we, therefore, want to fully investigate what happened and how we would be able to avoid this in future."
    Some aviation blogs are comparing the Dutch incident to a 1965 incident when a Grumman F-11 Tiger was damaged when it started a 20 degrees nose-down dive firing 20mm cannons, then collided with the rounds in midflight, and shortly after crashed.

The American aerospace industry has entered into a crisis as of late. Boeing, for instance, was slammed with a new lawsuit Wednseday, as investors accused the company of defrauding shareholders by covering up safety deficiencies in its 737 MAX planes before the two deadly crashes.
    On Tuesday, a Japanese Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II vanished off the radar. Japan's defense ministry announced Wednesday that a U.S. guided-missile destroyer recovered parts of the aircraft in the Pacific Ocean near Misawa airbase.
    Dutch media said the investigation into the incident "is now in full swing." It's hard to tell exactly what happened, due to limited information released by authorities, but it could be likely that a rare event occurred where the plane shot itself - not seen in over 5 decades.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...rikes-fuselage

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

https://www.inc.com/bill-murphy-jr/t...ing-story.html

Captain Andrew Collins is a pilot for United Airlines. He has more than two decades of experience, and he seems to love it. Then last September, he stayed overnight at the last minute in a Denver airport hotel.

And then, his nightmare began: one that involved handcuffs, two days in jail, a tawdry and embarrassing criminal case hanging over his head, and suspension from the job he loved.

Fortunately, it just ended with total exoneration last month -- and perhaps a $1 million or more lawsuit against the city of Denver, and perhaps other defendants.

I wrote about Collins last year, shortly after his arrest and while the case was pending. Now that it's all come (mostly) to a close, it's worth learning the details.

The 'opaque' truth

As Collins's lawyer says, Collins stayed overnight at the Westin DIA, planning to deadhead to his next assignment. He woke up, took off his clothes and was ready to take a shower when he got a phone call.

He was in the middle of a campaign to become the head of his union at the time, and he talked with a colleague about the election for 24 minutes -- all the while, pacing alone in his hotel room in his birthday suit.

Unfortunately for Collins, unknown to him at the time, the window in his hotel room wasn't made of privacy glass. Thus, he was visible, in all his naked glory, to people standing in one of the terminals at the Denver airport.

The whole thing seems ridiculous in retrospect. There's no law against being alone naked in your hotel room, obviously. And as Collins's attorney, Craig Silverman later explained, the windows on the terminal were reflective and opaque.

So even though people in the airport could see Collins, he couldn't see them.

Indecent exposure

I feel bad for Collins at this point. He went from talking on the phone to hearing a knock at the door from the Denver police -- and a warning that they'd be coming in "with or without your permission" -- in a matter of minutes at most.

Seconds later, he was standing, shirtless (but wearing pants), in handcuffs, being told he was going to be arrested, as a couple of police officers went through all his belongings and led him away.

The whole arrest was captured on body camera video, so you can see part of it below. (I've embedded it at the end of this article.) One of the police officers tells Collins incorrectly that there are photographs of him.

From there, he was carted off to jail, where he reportedly stayed for two days before he even got to see a judge. United suspended him from flying. He dropped out of the union election. And he had to wait six months to go to court.

'I want... this to never happen to anybody again'

Last month, finally, prosecutors admitted there wasn't much chance of conviction. A judge dismissed the case against Collins.

"What I want most is for this to never happen to anybody again," he told a local Denver television station. "I don't want someone to have to live the last six months of my life."

His attorney told the same station: "Thank goodness the criminal case is over. They made a mountain out of a mole hill."

I added the emphasis to "criminal case" above, because as of a few days after the dismissal, the next phase has begun: the part where Collins pursues a $1 million or more claim against the city of Denver for allowing the whole thing to happen.

'We look forward to working with the city of Denver'

In a "statutory notice of claims against government entity," Silverstein says the Denver police officers violated Collins's constitutional rights by bursting in and searching his room without a warrant, and by arresting him for a crime he clearly wasn't guilty of.

While nobody disputes that Collins was walking around unclothed in his hotel room, the law against indecent exposure would have required him to intentionally expose himself, "with the intent to arouse or satisfy the sexual desire of any person."

In short, "there was nudity in this case but nothing sexual," Silverstein wrote.

Separately, he told me Saturday that Collins has been reinstated as a pilot -- although he still lost six months out of his life as a result of this, including humiliation and having to withdraw from the union election.

"Now it is time for the civil justice system to work and we look forward to working with the City of Denver in this regard," Silverstein wrote, later adding, that he believed the case "would justify an award of more than a million dollars."

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

He was in the middle of a campaign to become the head of his union at the time
    I would be surprised if this didn't have everything to do with the incident, somebody wanted him to lose and they took their opportunity to make that happen.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Passenger Who Forced FA to Wipe His Butt Meets an Inglorious End

The morbidly obese EVA passenger who allegedly forced a cabin crew member to wipe his butt after using the business class lavatory with the door open and then moaned in pleasure as she reluctantly complied with his unusual demand, has reportedly been found dead in a Thai resort described in media accounts as “known for its prostitution and seedy nightlife.”

An American accused of traumatizing an EVA Air flight attendant who acquiesced to his bizarre lavatory demands has reportedly died at a Thai resort destination famed for its cozy relationship with the sex trade. The morbidly obese flyer who gained infamy after allegedly demanding that a cabin crew member wipe his butt after he used the toilet reportedly succumbed to pre-existing health issues.

According to the U.K. tabloid newspaper The Sun, EVA Air officials learned of the nightmare passenger’s passing as they were following through with a promise to ban the creepy flyer from the airline. While attempting to inform the unpleasant air traveler that he was no longer welcome on the airline’s flights, it was discovered that he had died in March of this year.

The unidentified U.S. national made headlines in January after an EVA flight attendant went public with her version of events. Two of the cabin crew members who fell victim to the flyer’s outrageous behavior remain on leave after reporting that the events left them traumatized.

The messy incident occurred during a Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) to Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport (TPE) flight. The obese passenger, who had upon boarding already demanded to be provided with three economy class seats (due to his large size), reportedly requested assistance using the lavatory during the more than 14-hour-long flight. The at first simple request slowly morphed into something more akin to exhibitionism, rather than the needs of a passenger with mobility issues.
    According to an account from the flight attendant involved, the seedy flyer gradually made additional demands until she found herself in the uncomfortable position of having to clean his private areas. The crew member later wrote that the incident left her feeling “dirty.”

“I promised to help you go to the toilet, not to wipe your butt,” the flight attendant recounted in a social media post, writing that the passenger continued to badger her, “You promised me … what can I do if no one wipes my butt? Do you want me to stay in this toilet?”

In addition to pushing the cabin crew member into taking care of a very personal problem, the abusive passenger is also said to have insisted on using the business class cabin lavatory with the door open, saying he couldn’t fit in the economy class lavatory and “couldn’t breathe” with the door shut.

“I told him we couldn’t help him, but he started yelling,” the flight attendant recalled. “He told me to go in there immediately and threatened to relieve himself on the floor. As the passenger’s genitals were now exposed, one of my colleagues brought a blanket, which I used to cover his modesty. But he very angrily slapped my hand away, saying he didn’t want it and only wanted me to remove his underwear so he could use the toilet.”

The flight attendant eventually donned latex gloves and agreed to clean the passenger’s private areas. According to one co-worker, the oversized job didn’t exactly go smoothly. “He said: ‘Oh, mmm, deeper, deeper,’ and then accused my chief attendant of not properly cleaning his backside, requesting that she do it again,” another flight attendant on the plane reported.

Adding insult to injury, the man is said to have “moaned with pleasure” throughout the unpleasant task. When using the restroom later, on the ground, however, the shameless flyer allegedly declined the assistance of a male attendant who was made available to help him with his very special needs.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

What a way to go huh?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1555799953579.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	6389
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I would be surprised if this didn't have everything to do with the incident, somebody wanted him to lose and they took their opportunity to make that happen.
    Never going to happen to me . I never answer a phone in a hotel room . I take the battery out before at the airport checking in so I cannot be tracked .
    Do something Danke

I might do this for the Injun, definitely not AF.

Photographer Revisits Capture of Epic Total Eclipse Imagery

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Stuck stranded on a bum bench in ORD because the $#@!ING ELECTRICAL TAPE FELL OFF THE VERTICAL STABILIZER.

@Danke your airline sucks...this was the last freaking straw...and what the $#@! is up with ex-DMV "customer service" people at ORD?

God damn it.

Stuck stranded on a bum bench in ORD because the $#@!ING ELECTRICAL TAPE FELL OFF THE VERTICAL STABILIZER.

@Danke your airline sucks...this was the last freaking straw...and what the $#@! is up with ex-DMV "customer service" people at ORD?

God damn it.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Gordon Bethune's Continental was a kick ass airline.

Not like this "woke" rickshaw outfit...just reading the inflight rag is a painful exercise in SJWarriorism.

Gordon Bethune's Continental was a kick ass airline.

Not like this "woke" rickshaw outfit...just reading the inflight rag is a painful exercise in SJWarriorism.
    What do you expect of an airline that would hire Danke?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

God damn it.
    Well, if is a mechanical, they have to get you a room.

I thought I submitted "No Fly" list paper work on you months ago. Wonder what happen. Typical bureaucracy.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Well, if is a mechanical, they have to get you a room.
    Yah, tell that to the $#@!ty attitude diversity hires you got running this $#@! show in Chicago.

I thought I submitted "No Fly" list paper work on you months ago. Wonder what happen. Typical bureaucracy.
    Be the best $#@!ing thing that could ever happen to me...$#@! this place...$#@! a bunch of flying...so sick of this $#@!.

@TheTexan should look into this failure of the system and straighten it out before AF goes berserk and does something that endangers the safety of our airlines.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Continue fighting peer pressure Danke.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast