Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Danke, do something

A mother claims a United flight attendant yelled at her for traveling in business class with a crying baby.
    Krupa Patel Bala was traveling on a United Airlines flight from Sydney to San Francisco on Tuesday with her husband and 8-month-old boy earlier this week when her son began to cry.
    In a now-deleted post on Facebook, she wrote that after about five minutes of the baby crying in the bassinet, a flight attendant named Linda came over and “yelled” at her husband that it was “absolutely unacceptable,” according to local San Francisco news station KTVU.
    “We picked him up, per her request, and tried to get him to calm down,” Bala wrote in the post.
    “When Linda returned, I kindly tried to explain to her that her request really stressed me out as he’s an-eight-month-old and we have 13 hours ahead of us on this flight. He’s going to cry again, and I don’t have any control over that.”
    Both Bala and the flight attendant walked into economy class to discuss the little boy’s crying, KTVU reported.
    The mother claims Linda told her she should have given back the boy his bottle and shouldn’t have tried to put him to sleep without the lights off. She also claims Linda told her the baby’s crying was stressful to the crew, because babies aren’t allowed to cry for more than five minutes and most airlines don’t allow babies in business class.
    “I was told it’s part of the rule book that the babies are not allowed to cry for more than five minutes,” Bala wrote.
    “When I asked to see the rule book, I was laughed at and told I could see it when we landed because there’s no internet.”
    Bala explained to Linda she understood people on board would be frustrated with a crying baby, but “there is a more constructive way for her to ask us to manage the situation.”
    “She could have asked us to walk the baby around, tactfully shared that it was starting to disturb passengers, or really anything with a smile that acknowledged that we weren’t out to make everyone, including us, suffer,” she wrote.
    “Her response to that was to tell me that it didn’t matter because it was just unacceptable for the baby to cry, and as the parent I need to control him.”

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/unit...154025806.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    A mother claims a United flight attendant yelled at her for traveling in business class with a crying baby.
    Krupa Patel Bala was traveling on a United Airlines flight from Sydney to San Francisco on Tuesday with her husband and 8-month-old boy earlier this week when her son began to cry.
    In a now-deleted post on Facebook, she wrote that after about five minutes of the baby crying in the bassinet, a flight attendant named Linda came over and “yelled” at her husband that it was “absolutely unacceptable,” according to local San Francisco news station KTVU.
    “We picked him up, per her request, and tried to get him to calm down,” Bala wrote in the post.
    “When Linda returned, I kindly tried to explain to her that her request really stressed me out as he’s an-eight-month-old and we have 13 hours ahead of us on this flight. He’s going to cry again, and I don’t have any control over that.”
    Both Bala and the flight attendant walked into economy class to discuss the little boy’s crying, KTVU reported.
    The mother claims Linda told her she should have given back the boy his bottle and shouldn’t have tried to put him to sleep without the lights off. She also claims Linda told her the baby’s crying was stressful to the crew, because babies aren’t allowed to cry for more than five minutes and most airlines don’t allow babies in business class.
    “I was told it’s part of the rule book that the babies are not allowed to cry for more than five minutes,” Bala wrote.
    “When I asked to see the rule book, I was laughed at and told I could see it when we landed because there’s no internet.”
    Bala explained to Linda she understood people on board would be frustrated with a crying baby, but “there is a more constructive way for her to ask us to manage the situation.”
    “She could have asked us to walk the baby around, tactfully shared that it was starting to disturb passengers, or really anything with a smile that acknowledged that we weren’t out to make everyone, including us, suffer,” she wrote.
    “Her response to that was to tell me that it didn’t matter because it was just unacceptable for the baby to cry, and as the parent I need to control him.”

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/unit...154025806.html
    Culture clash. Some cultures tend to simply ignore babies and children, even if other cultures might perceive the children as engaging in “bad” behavior or being noisy.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

$#@! happens happened. Worse accident in aviation.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Southwest airline almost caused a similar accident in California, mistakenly taxing on an active runway in the fog. The quick reaction of the United pilot prevented it by exiting the runway at the last minute on a high speed runway exit during his takeoff roll.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    $#@! happens happened. Worse accident in aviation.
    $#@! happened. Worst accident in US maritime history.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    $#@! happened. Worst accident in US maritime history.

Somethings are beyond the Captain's control, like the Valujet accident. (working for such a low cost carrier is suspect to being with) But many accidence are preventable with a strong union to back up a the crew decisions wrt safety and refusing to take a jet. Non union carriers, you not only risk being fired, but not hired at another carrier.

But people will take out life insurance policies, and then shop on the Internet for the lowest fares when the want to go somewhere at nearly the speed of sound over 6 miles above the earth,

I routinely fly over the pole in a two engine aircraft. And Passengers soundly sleep.
    Last edited by Danke; 10-18-2018 at 05:50 AM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Somethings are beyond the Captain's control, like the Valujet accident. (working for such a low cost carrier is suspect to being with) But many accidence are preventable with a strong union to back up a the crew decisions wrt safety and refusing to take a jet. Non union carriers, you not only risk being fired, but not hired at another carrier.

But people will take out life insurance policies, and then shop on the Internet for the lowest fares when the want to go somewhere at nearly the speed of sound over 6 miles above the earth,

I routinely fly over the pole in a two engine aircraft. And Passengers soundly sleep.
    You're a victim of your own success

Danke do something

"The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Danke do something

Woemen are nuts.

Always have been.

In the past, good solid men would have fixed them up with a right jolly rogering.

But since such a sizable chunk of modern day men have turned into slack jawed fa ggots, equally hysterical, I guess it's pills

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Danke do something

Tell where that is, I have a lot of shaving to do.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Tell where that is, I have a lot of shaving to do.

A United Express airplane on its way to Chattanooga, Tenn., on Oct. 16 made a U-turn in midair and returned to its origin, O’Hare International Airport in Chicago, a representative for Skywest Airlines (United Airlines’ partner company) confirmed to Yahoo Lifestyle.
    The aircraft had been en route for about an hour when the about-face was ordered, said Marissa Snow, the Skywest spokeswoman. Initially, the 50-person plane the passengers were supposed to board was unavailable, so they were upgraded to a larger ERJ-175 aircraft. The flight departed at 2:45 p.m. local time, just a few minutes behind schedule, according to USA Today, and was proceeding without any issues when the crew made an announcement from the pilot that the plane would be turning around.

A passenger, Vince Fallon, told USA Today that passengers on the airplane began to grumble upon hearing the news. “The pilot, nor the flight attendants, did not have any information for us and just kept saying they would figure it out when we land,” another passenger, Jill Lohsen, was quoted as saying.
    But when the airplane did return to O’Hare, the passengers finally received a text alert that read, “Your 2:13 p.m. United flight to Chattanooga is delayed because of unforeseen circumstances. This is an unusual situation and we’re working hard to solve it. We value your time and we’re sorry for the inconvenience.”
    The unforeseen circumstances? The jet was too big to land safely in Chattanooga. “We didn’t have the ground equipment there to handle that aircraft,” Snow told Yahoo Lifestyle, also sharing the following statement:

On October 16, SkyWest flight 5277 operating as United Express from Chicago to Chattanooga, Tennessee returned to Chicago to change aircraft. The flight landed safely in Chicago, departed for Chattanooga on a different aircraft and landed safely in Chattanooga. We apologized to our passengers for the inconvenience and worked with our partner, United, to provide compensation.”

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/unit...175630373.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A United Express airplane on its way to Chattanooga, Tenn., on Oct. 16 made a U-turn in midair and returned to its origin, O’Hare International Airport in Chicago, a representative for Skywest Airlines (United Airlines’ partner company) confirmed to Yahoo Lifestyle.
    The aircraft had been en route for about an hour when the about-face was ordered, said Marissa Snow, the Skywest spokeswoman. Initially, the 50-person plane the passengers were supposed to board was unavailable, so they were upgraded to a larger ERJ-175 aircraft. The flight departed at 2:45 p.m. local time, just a few minutes behind schedule, according to USA Today, and was proceeding without any issues when the crew made an announcement from the pilot that the plane would be turning around.

A passenger, Vince Fallon, told USA Today that passengers on the airplane began to grumble upon hearing the news. “The pilot, nor the flight attendants, did not have any information for us and just kept saying they would figure it out when we land,” another passenger, Jill Lohsen, was quoted as saying.
    But when the airplane did return to O’Hare, the passengers finally received a text alert that read, “Your 2:13 p.m. United flight to Chattanooga is delayed because of unforeseen circumstances. This is an unusual situation and we’re working hard to solve it. We value your time and we’re sorry for the inconvenience.”
    The unforeseen circumstances? The jet was too big to land safely in Chattanooga. “We didn’t have the ground equipment there to handle that aircraft,” Snow told Yahoo Lifestyle, also sharing the following statement:

On October 16, SkyWest flight 5277 operating as United Express from Chicago to Chattanooga, Tennessee returned to Chicago to change aircraft. The flight landed safely in Chicago, departed for Chattanooga on a different aircraft and landed safely in Chattanooga. We apologized to our passengers for the inconvenience and worked with our partner, United, to provide compensation.”

I doubt they even have a real airport in chattanooga , we did not build them one during reconstruction .
    Do something Danke

That's the kind of goofy $#@! United pulls all the time that makes me lose my mind.

That's the kind of goofy $#@! United pulls all the time that makes me lose my mind.

It was not United.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

It was not United.
    Yes, granted it was Mesa DBA as United Express.

But it sure as $#@! was United that overfilled the fuel tanks in an A320 to exceed max landing weight at destination a few months back.

Some other goofy $#@! happened just this last time too...

Yes, granted it was Mesa DBA as United Express.

But it sure as $#@! was United that overfilled the fuel tanks in an A320 to exceed max landing weight at destination a few months back.

Some other goofy $#@! happened just this last time too...
    Can be many reasons why a plane may end up overweight for landing.

One is a plane change where the aircraft had already been fueled for a difficult route.

passenger increase due to other flights cancellations or delays, etc.

Anyway, unless it is a very short flight, it is pretty easy to burn down any excess fuel weight.

Mesa Airlines also flies for American Airlines.
    Last edited by Danke; 10-24-2018 at 10:17 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Yesterday was a rough day at the office.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

LOL

Showoff.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.

From the comments:

superskullmaster 1 month ago

There are several dead giveaways that this is fake. Here’s a few. And to get it out the way I am an aviation expert. First: the ailerons and spoilers are going the wrong way for the roll motions that you see. Second: the wings could not bend down at that angle without snapping. Third: the Airbus A320 and all FBW Airbus aircraft have a roll limiter that prevents rolls beyond about 45 degrees. Fourth: the aircraft is not moving fast enough to stay airborne at those extreme angles and in general is moving to slow. Fifth: Airliners can roll but not that fast and certainly not in landing configuration. Sixth: No pilot that wasn’t trying kill everyone would even attempt an approach that is so unstable. Seventh: nobody would actually stand there and film such an event. I’m done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

All 189 on board crashed Indonesian jet feared dead

https://www.breitbart.com/news/all-1...t-feared-dead/

29 Oct 2018

Jakarta (AFP) – All 189 passengers and crew aboard a crashed Indonesian Lion Air jet were “likely” killed in the accident, the search and rescue agency said Monday, as it announced it had found human remains.

The Boeing-737 MAX, which went into service just months ago, vanished from radar 13 minutes after taking off from Jakarta, plunging into the Java Sea moments after it had asked to be allowed to return to the Indonesian capital.

Websites that display flight data showed the plane speeding up as it suddenly lost altitude in the minutes before it disappeared.

“My prediction is that nobody survived because the victims that we found, their bodies were no longer intact and it’s been hours so it is likely 189 people have died,” search and rescue agency operational director Bambang Suryo Aji told reporters.

Some 40 divers are part of about 150 personnel at the scene, authorities said, with the plane in water about 30 to 40 metres deep.

Earlier, video footage apparently filmed at the scene of the crash showed a slick of fuel on the surface of the water and pictures showed what appeared to be an emergency slide and bits of wreckage bearing Lion Air’s logo.

The carrier acknowledged that the jet had previously been grounded for unspecified repairs.

The plane had been en route to Pangkal Pinang city, a jumping off point for beach-and-sun seeking tourists on nearby Belitung island, when it dropped out of contact around 6.30 am (2330 GMT).

It was not yet known if there were any foreigners on board.

Images filmed at Pangkal Pinang’s main airport showed families of passengers crying and hugging each other, with some yelling “Oh God”.

“This morning he called asking about our youngest son,” said a sobbing Ermayati, referring to her 45-year-old husband Muhammed Syafii, who was on board.

Indonesia’s National Transportation Safety Committee (NTSC) said there were 178 adult passengers, one child, two infants, two pilots and six cabin crew on board flight JT 610.

The transport ministry had initially said there was a total of 188 people on board.

The finance ministry said around 20 of its employees were on the plane.

Among them were half a dozen colleagues of Sony Setiawan, who was supposed to be on the flight but missed check in due to bad traffic.

“I know my friends were on that flight,” he told AFP.

Setiawan said he was only informed about his lucky escape after he arrived in Pangkal Pinang on another flight at 9:40am.

“My family was in shock and my mother cried, but I told them I was safe, so I just have to be grateful.”

Lion Air said the plane had only gone into service in August.

The pilot and co-pilot had more than 11,000 hours of flying time between them and had recent medical checkups and drug testing, it added.

Lion Air CEO Edward Sirait said the plane had an unspecified technical issue fixed in Bali before it was flown back to Jakarta.

“Engineers in Jakarta received notes and did another repair before it took off” on Monday, Edward Sirait told AFP, calling it “normal procedure”.

– Poor safety record –

US-based Boeing said it was “deeply saddened” by news of the crash.

Boeing, just days out from its first commercial delivery of the 737 MAX in May last year, reportedly suspended its release due to an engine issue, according to airline safety and product review site airlineratings.com.

It said the engines were a product of a joint venture between US-based General Electric and France’s Safran Aircraft Engines.

Earlier this year, Lion Air announced it was buying 50 Boeing 737 MAX 10 jets for $6.24 billion.

Indonesia’s air travel industry is booming, with the number of domestic passengers growing significantly over the past decade, but it has acquired a reputation for poor regulation and its airlines had once been banned from US and European airspace.

In August 2015, a commercial passenger aircraft operated by Indonesian carrier Trigana crashed in Papua due to bad weather, killing all 54 people on board. In 2014, poor maintenance and the pilots’ inadequate response was blamed for the crash of an AirAsia plane crashed with the loss of 162 lives.

Lion, a low-cost airline which has engaged in a huge expansion in recent years, has been involved in a number of incidents including a fatal 2004 crash and a collision between two Lion Air planes at Jakarta’s Soekarno-Hatta airport

A Japan Airlines co-pilot arrested after failing a breath test shortly before a London to Tokyo flight pleaded guilty Thursday to being almost 10 times over the legal limit for alcohol.London's Metropolitan Police force said Katsutoshi Jitsukawa appeared at Uxbridge Magistrates' Court in west London and admitted exceeding the alcohol limit.
    The airline said the co-pilot was arrested Sunday at Heathrow Airport for violating British aviation law. The driver of a crew bus at Heathrow smelled alcohol on Jitsukawa and reported it to police, Japan's NHK public television said.
    Tests found the 42-year-old first officer had 189 milligrams of alcohol per 100 milliliters of blood in his system, almost 10 times the 20 milligrams limit for a pilot. The limit for drivers in Britain is 80 milligrams.
    Jitsukawa acknowledged he had drunk about two bottles of wine and a pitcher of beer the previous night, NHK said.
    He was ordered detained until he is sentenced on Nov. 29.
    JAL said the flight was delayed more than an hour and had to be operated by the remaining two pilots. It apologized Thursday for the incident.
    The apology came a day after another major Japanese airline, All Nippon Airways, apologized for causing delays to five domestic flights after a pilot became unwell due to heavy drinking the night before.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jal-apolo...121302852.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Capt. Sully Sullenberger has a message for the American people: "everyone, everywhere must vote." Capt. Sully urges voters to save our democracy from a President that is not capable or willing to change.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...185746608.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Capt. Sully Sullenberger has a message for the American people: "everyone, everywhere must vote." Capt. Sully urges voters to save our democracy from a President that is not capable or willing to change.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...185746608.html
    LOL - Well that's disappointing.

Keepin it classy...

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Why they chose the shorter (7700') runway (with a tailwind and strong crosswinds) over the longer (10,500') is anyones guess.

TSB hopes to interview 747 crew in Halifax runway overrun

Officials say cargo plane was trying to land at Halifax Stanfield International Airport in strong crosswind

CBC News · Posted: Nov 08, 2018 11:08 AM AT | Last Updated: November 8

The Sky Lease Cargo plane went off the end of a Halifax Stanfield International Airport runway early Wednesday morning. (Robert Short/CBC)Transportation investigators say it's too soon to know what roles weather and human decision-making played in a 747 cargo aircraft skidding 210 metres off the end of a Halifax runway early Wednesday morning, stopping not far from a public two-lane road.
    The Sky Lease Cargo aircraft was arriving at Halifax Stanfield International Airport from Chicago when it overran the runway. It was to be loaded with live lobster in Halifax before heading to China, with a stop along the way in Alaska.

The plane was substantially damaged as it attempted to land shortly after 5 a.m. in wet and windy weather, the Transportation Safety Board said Thursday. Two engines separated, there was a small post-impact fire in one of the engines and the landing gear collapsed.
    Austin Adams, a senior operations investigator with the TSB, told a news conference that his team was hoping to interview the crew of four later today. Until that happens, he would not speculate about the factors involved in the incident.
    "We're still gathering that information at this point," he said. "We want to see some decision-making and what they were thinking."

Isabelle Langevin and Austin Adams of the Transportation Safety Board speak to reporters Thursday. (CBC)
    The plane was attempting to land on Runway 14, the shorter of the airport's two runways. Ideally, a plane would land into the wind, said Adams. Conditions Wednesday saw strong westerly winds of about 33 kilometres per hour, which Adams described as a crosswind with a tailwind component.
    Investigators say it was the pilot's request to use Runway 14. They cautioned against making assumptions about why or what role that might have played, noting all aircraft have certain limitations. Investigators will review what the certification was for the Sky Lease Cargo aircraft for landing with tailwind.
    Reports Wednesday said the crew was taken to hospital with minor injuries, but Adams would not provide an update, citing privacy regulations.
    Along with interviewing the crew, investigators will also review flight recorder data, weather information, speak to witnesses, analyze runway conditions, review history of the crew and speak with the operator and aircraft manufacturer.

This cargo jet was to be loaded with live lobster and head for China, but it went off the runway upon landing.(Steve Lawrence/CBC)

The plane stopped less than 50 metres from a fence separating the airfield from a public road. (Robert Short/CBC)
    Another thing investigators are examining is the available runway-safety area at the airport, a prepared surface beyond the end of a runway.
    Isabelle Langevin, a senior investigator with TSB, said the airport in Halifax has a safety area of about 140 metres, which falls just short of the Transport Canada recommendation of 150 metres. The international recommendation is 300 metres, she said.

"Right now what the Transportation Safety Board would like is for the airports to do their own risk assessment … to define, with the type of operation that they support, what area they should have," said Langevin.
    "[For] bigger airplanes, 300 metres would improve safety significantly. So we would like for Transport Canada to work with the operators to work towards meeting the [international recommendation.]"
    More space allows for an aircraft to stop while minimizing damage, she said.
    Airport spokesperson Theresa Rath Spicer said the runway safety area for the runway in question is slated to be extended next year.

Fuel leak

The plane will remain at the scene until the Transportation Safety Board finishes its investigation, Rath Spicer said, and the runway will not be operational until an engineering assessment of it is completed.
    The plane is believed to have leaked fuel onto the ground, but Rath Spicer said it isn't yet known how fuel escaped.
    "We actually smelled a very strong smell of jet fuel yesterday and saw evidence of a leak, but hadn't been able to pinpoint exactly where that's coming from based on how the aircraft is resting," Rath Spicer said.
    She said the leak is believed to be contained within the site, and affected soil will be removed once it is safe to do so.

Rumor has it was the same Captain in this overrun:
    https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=214704

Last edited by Danke; 11-09-2018 at 09:09 AM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Listen here: http://archive-server.liveatc.net/kl...2B3sl6O-qkcjsk

Might have been a medical problem, but sounds like she has been drinking...

LAS VEGAS — Federal and airport authorities said Friday they are investigating why an air traffic controller became incapacitated and went silent while working a night shift alone in the tower at busy McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas.

“No safety events occurred during this incident,” the Federal Aviation Administration said in a statement about what officials said amounted to a 40-minute span during which the female controller slurred words and then apparently lost consciousness shortly before midnight Wednesday.

“An air traffic controller at the Las Vegas tower became incapacitated while on duty,” the agency said. It did not identify the controller or the cause of her incapacitation.

Airport director Rosemary Vassiliadis issued a statement saying that initial findings echoed the FAA assessment.
    Five inbound aircraft remained airborne during the incident, and aircraft on the ground held positions or communicated between themselves to maintain safety while moving, the FAA said.

Air traffic recordings available on the internet show commercial airline pilots having trouble understanding the controller during radio communications about approaches to land, clearances to take off and directions for taxiing. Some begin talking between themselves about something being amiss.

At one point, the controller sounds sleepy and apologizes over the radio, saying she is “choking a little bit.” Minutes later, she misstates an aircraft’s call numbers. Finally, her microphone opens to the sound of coughing and grunting.

She does not respond to a pilot’s inquiry before the sound of a male voice is heard in the room asking if the woman is all right.
    Officials said a male controller who had been on break was summoned to return to the tower. Paramedics responded.
    The FAA said the woman was put on administrative leave, and the agency ordered two controllers to be in the tower during busy hours.

“The FAA is deeply concerned by the incident, is thoroughly investigating what occurred, and is taking immediate steps to modify its overnight shift staffing policies,” the agency statement said.

McCarran is among the 10 busiest airports in the U.S. in passenger volume. The unidentified controller worked for a little more than an hour before trouble began and communicated with pilots of 29 aircraft before she was replaced, the FAA said.

National Air Traffic Controllers Association chief Paul Rinaldi issued a statement praising the work of thousands of union members around the country and promising cooperation in the FAA investigation “so that all of the facts are known.”

Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Passengers are forced to chip in to pay for REPAIRS to their Boeing 787 before it takes off from Beijing to Poland

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oeing-787.html

There were around 250 passengers on the LOT Polish Airlines flight from Beijing
    They were asked to foot the bill after the mechanic demanded cash as payment
    One member of staff managed to collect around £280 from passengers
    Disciplinary measures will be taken against the employee who collected cash

By CHARLOTTE DEAN FOR MAILONLINE
    PUBLISHED: 10:18 EST, 19 November 2018 | UPDATED: 10:30 EST, 19 November 2018

Passengers on board a flight from Beijing to Poland were asked to fund the repairs on a fault so that the plane could take off.

There were around 250 passengers on the LOT Polish Airlines flight when the Boeing 787 Dreamliner suffered a hydraulic pump fault, according to local media.

They were asked to foot the bill after the mechanic who had been employed to fix the pump demanded that he would only take cash as payment.

The leak was first noticed by crew members during after after-flight checks when it landed at Beijing Capital International Airport on November 11.

It was due to fly back to Warsaw Chopin Airport the next day, however passengers were reportedly asked to pay for a replacement pump before it could get off the ground.

LOT Polish Airlines spokesman Adrian Kubicki said: 'An employee at the Boeing warehouse in Beijing refused to accept a bank transfer and insisted on cash.'

He claimed that crew from the flight managed to scrape together around 2,500 RMB (280 GBP) from passengers on the plane for repairs, which are believed to have taken around 10 hours.

Kubicki added: 'There are no circumstances that justify asking money from passengers.'

There were around 250 passengers on the LOT Polish Airlines flight when the Boeing 787 Dreamliner suffered a hydraulic pump fault

Daniel Golebiowski, who was one of the passengers on the flight, said: 'He asked several people, he took 400 RMB (45 GBP) from just us.'

The outraged passenger added: 'We are at the international airport. I cannot believe that transactions take place here in cash under the table with the mechanic standing next to the plane. Incredible!'

After the plane landed in Warsaw, Kubicki told outraged passengers: 'I know that you encountered an unusual situation today, for which I would like to apologise for from the bottom of my heart.

'Believe it nor not, but there was a situation with a warehouse employee in Beijing who refused all methods of payment other than cash which led to the confusion.

'Nevertheless, I am grateful to him and that the flight returned safely to Warsaw.'

According to local media, the borrowed money was immediately returned to the passengers once they landed in Warsaw along with flight vouchers.

Passengers are able to claim 600 EUR (534 GBP) in compensation for the lengthy delay.

According to the LOT spokesman, disciplinary measures will be taken against the employee who collected the cash from passengers.

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast