Thread: banned from banning

banned from banning

We were at legoland recently getting plastered at the bar while watching all the kids run around the play area with lego guns and swords -- having a good time -- when I overheard a conversation that made me laugh at the delicious irony.

There was a woman explaining to her friends how she formed local activist group in order to ban plastic bags in their town. They gathered signatures, they talked to the council members, they got it all ready to ban those evil plastic bags from their town. Then the city attorney informed them that it was not possible, as evidently the state had passed a law preventing the locales from banning plastic bags. "The state actually has a law that says we can't ban them! How dare they, they are killing the environment and they wont let us ban them"

I laughed from a few seats away and 4 heads swiveled to stare at me. I went backed to drinking thinking maybe we found the solution to the ban happy mob, Ban them!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    coincidentally, while all the kids were playing, I noticed a younger child ask my son about his sweet ass phaser gun and watched as my kid sat down and built a quickie gun for the other kid, handed it to him and ran off too play some more. the other kid had the biggest grin on his face and ran over to the bar, yelling "mommy, mommy". Guess who his mommy was? Exactly the ban happy broad. He ran up to her, "mommy, I have a gun!" What did she say? "As long as it only shoots love, right?" The kid didn't answer, he turned around to go play, and the mom yelled after him, "Go shoot love into the world!"
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-23-2018 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    coincidentally, while all the kids were playing, I noticed a younger child ask my son about his sweet ass phaser gun and watched as my kid sat down and built a quickie gun for the other kid, handed it to him and ran off too play some more. the other kid had the biggest grin on his face and ran over to the bar, yelling "mommy, mommy". Guess who his mommy was? Exactly the ban happy broad. He ran up to her, "mommy, I have a gun!" What did she say? "As long as it one shoots love, right?" The kid didn't answer, he turned around to go play, and the mom yelled after him, "Go shoot love into the world!"
    She's gonna regret telling him to do that when he gets his girlfriend pregnant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

We were at legoland recently getting plastered at the bar while watching all the kids run around the play area with lego guns and swords -- having a good time -- when I overheard a conversation that made me laugh at the delicious irony.

There was a woman explaining to her friends how she formed local activist group in order to ban plastic bags in their town. They gathered signatures, they talked to the council members, they got it all ready to ban those evil plastic bags from their town. Then the city attorney informed them that it was not possible, as evidently the state had passed a law preventing the locales from banning plastic bags. "The state actually has a law that says we can't ban them! How dare they, they are killing the environment and they wont let us ban them"

I laughed from a few seats away and 4 heads swiveled to stare at me. I went backed to drinking thinking maybe we found the solution to the ban happy mob, Ban them!
    lol - irony upon irony! Nice!

In a place that came into existence because of plastic, trying to ban plastic, only to find out there's a ban on the proposed ban.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Every Walmart around here has a recycling bin for plastic bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    She's gonna regret telling him to do that when he gets his girlfriend pregnant.
    Shooting all that love gets expensive . Ya gotta feed 'em later .
    Do something Danke

I love America lol

coincidentally, while all the kids were playing, I noticed a younger child ask my son about his sweet ass phaser gun and watched as my kid sat down and built a quickie gun for the other kid, handed it to him and ran off too play some more. the other kid had the biggest grin on his face and ran over to the bar, yelling "mommy, mommy". Guess who his mommy was? Exactly the ban happy broad. He ran up to her, "mommy, I have a gun!" What did she say? "As long as it only shoots love, right?" The kid didn't answer, he turned around to go play, and the mom yelled after him, "Go shoot love into the world!"
    PRICELESS. LOLOLOLOL!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

This is the route states should take on general anti liberty ordinances . Second amendment violations , weapons laws etc etc , just make anti liberty illegal . raising taxes , illegal .
    Do something Danke

Make government illegal lol

Wait. Your Legoland has a bar?

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Wait. Your Legoland has a bar?
    Must be like a Dave & Busters . I wonder if the chicken wings are any good .

Yeah the legoland hotel. its got a bar where all the seating overlooks the kids play area -- indoor castle with pools of Legos to do whatever with. it is a great setup.

How does one get banned from Banning, CA?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment