Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Parents In Court To Evict 30 Year Old Son

Parents In Court To Evict 30 Year Old Son

This guy....I hope he's not identified as a Ron Paul voter.

http://www.gastongazette.com/zz/news...-son-from-home

Mark and Christina Rotondo brought the court case after several eviction letters offering money and other help were ignored.

The parents didn’t answer a call seeking comment Tuesday and their letters, filed in court, don’t give their reasons for wanting their son out of the house. They do tell him to get a job and move his broken-down Volkswagen Passat.

“Michael, here is $1,100 from us to you so you can find a place to stay,” a Feb. 18 letter starts. It goes on to suggest he sell his stereo, some tools and any weapons he may have to gain money and space.

“There are jobs available even for those with a poor work history like you,” the letter reads. “Get one — you have to work!”

It’s signed “Christina and Mark Rotondo.”

With reporters watching in court, Michael Rotondo sparred with Greenwood for 30 minutes, at one point refusing the judge’s request to work things out directly to his parents, who were sitting quietly nearby.

When Greenwood called Rotondo up to the bench, the long-haired and bearded son tried to bring the podium with him — noting it held the reporters’ microphones.

He then called out for television camera crews to meet him outside the courthouse. There, he answered their questions, telling them he occupies a bedroom in his parents’ home, doesn’t speak to them and isn’t ready to leave home. He said he had a business but wouldn’t elaborate.

“My business is my business,” he said.
    Word.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I saw the video. It looked awkward. I guess civil court's always awkward, but nobody was impressed with this guy.

He might get a job and enough for an apt if he shaved.

When you look like Vlad the Impaler and soy lates had a baby, there's only so much you can do w/o being rich.
    Last edited by Raginfridus; 05-22-2018 at 10:33 PM.

Hope his parents win.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Mom and dad need to grow a pair if they're ever going to get that man to leave. I haven't had to throw a kid out (yet) but I watched my mom do it a couple of times. My oldest brother's eviction was the most dramatic. She threw all his $#@! out in the front yard and changed the locks. She didn't even put his stuff in bags, either. The next morning I woke up to my mom yelling at my dad to tell that dumb ass (my brother) that when she told him to leave, she meant the property. My brother had set up a tent in the backyard. He figured my mom would calm down and let him back in but she was really pissed and I was getting to the age where I needed my own room anyway (she actually told him that was one of the reasons he had to go). My brother was selling and growing marijuana, btw. My mom kept catching him and warning him that she couldn't have him doing it out of the house. She didn't care about weed, she cared about what would happen to us if he got caught.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

There’s also the basement thing: “Son, you are being reassigned to your new quarters. This room is going to be fumigated, cleaned, redecorated and used as a guest room.”

What a turd. Get out you giant baby
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    This guy....I hope he's not identified as a Ron Paul voter.
    I'm not going to post all of it, because copypasta work from the Daily Fail is a nightmare.

He won't get a job because he's trying to mulct and mooch court fees off the taxpayers in an unrelated case involving baby mama drama.

In an interview with DailyMail.com after the hearing, Michael said that his issues with his parents, Mark and Christina, are tied to his custody battle over his son.

Michael says he lost custody of his son, whose age he wouldn't disclose, back in September. The boy now lives with his mother full time, who Michael says he was never married to, or in a relationship with.

He says he immediately filed an appeal as a 'poor person' so that his court fees could be waived going forward. But he says his parents complicated matters when they said he needed a job and health insurance if he was to continue living with them.
    A "liberal millennial"?

'I am just so outraged,' he said outside court, adding that he has been taunted by conservative groups for being a 'liberal millennial'.
    But his son is pictured with an AR rifle at a, I'm guessing, gun show?

He seems to have had one job in his life, and is suing them:

DailyMail.com did discovered that he used to work at a Best Buy, and that he is suing the company for discrimination, saying he was fired when he said he couldn't work Saturdays since that is when he had visitation with his child. He is seeking nearly $340,000 in damages, pay and attorney's fees from the big box store.

He said he went to college, but didn't finish his degree. He started off studying engineering at Onondaga Community College, but switched to business when he 'couldn't hack the math'.
    This guys sounds exactly like an idiot in-law of mine.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...vict-home.html

So, between the photo of his kid, the "weapons" reference in one of the parent's letters and some other statements, you may be right.

*sigh*
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 05-23-2018 at 08:10 AM.

I saw a news report on TV. Dude's body language is like a 14 year old boy, not an adult man. His parents have not been very effective, so I guess they could call the police (or a couple of big men from their church) to physically remove him from the home and have a professional firm come in and remove his possessions. Locks changed, restraining order filed. Done.
    #NashvilleStrong

What a lazy piece of filth. Get off your computer--no more games, get a job and take on some responsibility!

I truly doubt he was a Ron Paul supporter--he is a supporter of himself.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post

I truly doubt he was a Ron Paul supporter--he is a supporter of himself.
    If only...

This guy is a supporter of no one - he just wants someone else to support him. Unfortunately, I think we can expect to see more of this entitled crap. Too many participation trophies and helicoptering. Too many boys aren't even capable of being boys anymore, let alone men.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    If only...

This guy is a supporter of no one - he just wants someone else to support him. Unfortunately, I think we can expect to see more of this entitled crap. Too many participation trophies and helicoptering. Too many boys aren't even capable of being boys anymore, let alone men.
    I meant supporting himself, in only worrying about himself.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Must not o' been raised right... used to be a natural thing to want to leave the nest & be on yer own.

Don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

My bet is on Ron Paul supporter
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Knowing how society and government treats men maybe there is more to this story. Change his name to Michelle and everyone would look at this differently.

DailyMail.com did discovered that he used to work at a Best Buy, and that he is suing the company for discrimination, saying he was fired when he said he couldn't work Saturdays since that is when he had visitation with his child
    Either this article or another I read said single mom's where he worked were given special dispensation yet he was not. This is flat out discrimination according to our laws but he is a man and no one gives a $#@!. Did this job loss and losing time with his son result in his loss of custody?

saying that his job at the moment was getting his son back.
    Government requires a stable family home. He is not going to get his son back if he is homeless. Perhaps the man is on a quest to not lose custody of his son and trying to maintain a family home to satisfy the court.

When they offered to pay for his health insurance, Michael explained that he couldn't take that money because it would compromise getting the 'poor person' status.
    Medicaid and court fees, possibly even sent to prison for failure to pay child support for not making what the government or some judge says in some jurisdictions is "ability to earn" as the last job. Again all problems government created.

In court on Tuesday, Michael argued that there was a legal precedent that his parents had to give him six months notice in order to kick him our.
    Landlords also and not saying it is right but if he was a woman he would have been granted that time. People would be lamenting how a single mom was put out on the street when all she wanted was custody of her son and to care for her child.

In a separate case, he claimed his rights to due process were violated in family court, but that case was thrown out in November of last year.
    Perhaps they were considering how fathers are treated in some courts.
    Last edited by kahless; 05-23-2018 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kahless View Post
    Knowing how society and government treats men maybe there is more to this story. Change his name to Michelle and everyone would look at this differently.

Either this article or another I read said single mom's where he worked were given special dispensation yet he was not. This is flat out discrimination according to our laws but he is a man and no one gives a $#@!. Did this job loss and losing time with his son result in his loss of custody?

Government requires a stable family home. He is not going to get his son back if he is homeless. Perhaps the man is on a quest to not lose custody of his son and trying to maintain a family home to satisfy the court.

Medicaid and court fees, possibly even sent to prison for failure to pay child support for not making what the government or some judge says in some jurisdictions is "ability to earn" as the last job. Again all problems government created.

Landlords also and not saying it is right but if he was a woman he would have been granted that time. People would be lamenting how a single mom was put out on the street when all she wanted was custody of her son and to care for her child.

Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Dude is 30 years old. He did not physically bear the child. There is no specific evidence the child is his. Sounds more to me like dude has never been responsible, nor does it sound as if his parents have ever been effective.

Dd lived at home until she was 21. But she worked at something or other since she was 10 or 11. She had a good nest egg when she married.
    #NashvilleStrong

Everyone has heard of alimony.

Why can't children sue for childamony? Parents supported them thru their entire relationship!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow a real life 30 year old basement dweller.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Wow a real life 30 year old basement dweller.

HB isn't real to you?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Part of the reason Rotondo says he hasn't left for a new place is because he's jobless. But Andrew Steinberg, chief operating officer of the quick-service pizza chain Villa Italian Kitchen, wants to take a chance on him because he knows millennials have it "tough out there."
    "At Villa, we feel for millennials, across the board," Steinberg said. "With that said…Michael, hey dude. We are offering you a store-level gig, complete with extensive training to get you up to speed, at any one of our 250 locations worldwide."
    Steinberg's offer also comes with a "signing bonus" of sorts as an extra incentive.
    "We heard your parents offered you $1,100 to get out. We'll do you one better. Literally, one. Offer from us is on the table for $1,101 to come join our team. Consider it a signing bonus. We gotchu, bud."

More at: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pizzeri...ed-by-parents/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

I'm trying to imagine what making or delivering pizza pays and what you could afford. He would probably need to setup with roommates.

Quote Originally Posted by VIDEODROME View Post
    I'm trying to imagine what making or delivering pizza pays and what you could afford. He would probably need to setup with roommates.
    If he was disabled, or a woman with a welfare baby, he could get into section 8 housing.

It is sad and stupid this whole family bull crap, he's useless now. Can't do anything, he's family didn't do enough for him. Wrong treatment. The least he could of done was do some of the shopping.

I live with family, and I'm a year younger.

Nobody says young adults can't live with family. It might be a good option if all adults are contributing to the household. Read the article. Parents were paying his insurance and cell phone. Dude has a child. Dude never finished school. Dude has never had a job. He's a deadbeat.

This is also a man who jolly well better get his stuff packed because he has to be out by June 1.
    #NashvilleStrong

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Nobody says young adults can't live with family. It might be a good option if all adults are contributing to the household. Read the article. Parents were paying his insurance and cell phone. Dude has a child. Dude never finished school. Dude has never had a job. He's a deadbeat.

This is also a man who jolly well better get his stuff packed because he has to be out by June 1.
    "he never had a job", this is simply not true,. If you read the article he did work at Bestbuy but was discriminated against as a single Dad. Mothers were given time with their children on weekends but he was denied the option. If we truly live in a gender equal society then this should not have happened.

The parents offered to pay his health insurance but he wanted to stay on Medicaid to meet the poor person requirement for Medicaid and legal bills for which looks to be a child is involved. Do you have any idea how much lawyers cost and the draconian laws related to child support? People will do anything to stay out of jail due to their poverty and I do not blame them. We should not be prosecuting people and throwing them in jail for being poor. Not sure if that is the case here but in the majority of cases where children are involved it is.

The real story here is not this individual but rather the scumbag media that rather than report real news are taking advantage of a poor man with problems for a story. They do not care who they hurt or who they take advantage of for a story. Again demonstrating the news media is the enemy of the people.

Do you have young boys? If you do, how do you think they will react when they have a gun pointed to their head to produce rather than left to produce on their own? Which one do you want them to live in? A society that believes in the non-aggression principle or what we have now?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Back when I was 17 my dad just threw me out. I didn't know that there was a government to intervene! SMDH.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Back when I was 17 my dad just threw me out. I didn't know that there was a government to intervene! SMDH.
    Well then congrats for not getting anyone pregnant at the time that would require you to be enemy of the state as a result of it.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Part of the reason Rotondo says he hasn't left for a new place is because he's jobless. But Andrew Steinberg, chief operating officer of the quick-service pizza chain Villa Italian Kitchen, wants to take a chance on him because he knows millennials have it "tough out there."
    "At Villa, we feel for millennials, across the board," Steinberg said. "With that said…Michael, hey dude. We are offering you a store-level gig, complete with extensive training to get you up to speed, at any one of our 250 locations worldwide."
    Steinberg's offer also comes with a "signing bonus" of sorts as an extra incentive.
    "We heard your parents offered you $1,100 to get out. We'll do you one better. Literally, one. Offer from us is on the table for $1,101 to come join our team. Consider it a signing bonus. We gotchu, bud."

More at: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pizzeri...ed-by-parents/
    This establishment is making a big mistake. They are opening themselves up to lawsuit from every new hire that did not receive sign on bonus.

--snipped--
    excellent points were made.

"he never had a job", this is simply not true,. If you read the article he did work at Bestbuy but was discriminated against as a single Dad. Mothers were given time with their children on weekends but he was denied the option. If we truly live in a gender equal society then this should not have happened.
    more excellent points were made.

Do you have young boys? If you do, how do you think they will react when they have a gun pointed to their head to produce rather than left to produce on their own? Which one do you want them to live in? A society that believes in the non-aggression principle or what we have now?
    I do and that is another great observation. my boy absolutely hates/resists being told to do something. you can ask him or suggest he do the same damn thing and he will do it without objection, but being ordered instantly raises his ire.

If you ask me, having an adult child this incapable is prima facie evidence of systematic child abuse.

Bet the parents gave him a TV and/or computer and forgot about him until he became too inconvenient to deal with.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast