Thread: Pope Francis tells gay man ‘God made you like this and loves you like this’

Exclamation Pope Francis tells gay man ‘God made you like this and loves you like this’

Pope Francis tells gay man ‘God made you like this and loves you like this’

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/633771...god-loves-you/

In a private dialogue, the Pontiff is understood to have told Juan Carlos Cruz, a victim of sexual abuse at the hands of Catholic priests, that God loves gay people and it is fine to be homosexual.

The comments are the most striking public acceptance about homosexuality ever made by a head of the Roman Catholic Church.

The remarks were made during a private meeting at the Vatican between the pair, in which the Pope offered a heartfelt apology.

Cruz was a victim of Chile’s most notorious paedophile priest Fernando Karadima.

Father Karadima, now aged 87, was found guilty of sexual abuse by the Vatican in 2011.

Cruz claims that his suffering was ignored by a number of Latin American bishops who used his homosexuality to brand him a liar when he spoke out.

Speaking to Spanish newspaper El País, Cruz said: “He [the Pope] told me, ‘Juan Carlos, that you are gay does not matter.

“God made you like this and loves you like this and I don’t care.

“The pope loves you like this. You have to be happy with who you are.”

The Pope’s words signal a much more open and inclusive approach by the often restrictive faith – a move which will likely upset many conservative Catholics.

The Vatican has neither confirmed nor denied the comments the Pontiff’s comments to Cruz.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cruz was a victim of Chile’s most notorious paedophile priest Fernando Karadima.

Father Karadima, now aged 87, was found guilty of sexual abuse by the Vatican in 2011.
    That must mean that God made Karadima the way he was as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    That must mean that God made Karadima the way he was as well.
    Ya , I do not think so . Maybe try picking a smarter pope next time . Recently they covered the nazis and commies .
    Last edited by oyarde; 05-21-2018 at 08:44 AM.
    Do something Danke

Yes the Pope told this to a man who was viciously abused by clergy in the church. This is how they continue to hide their crimes by virtue signaling.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

What the Red Pope has done here is abolish the concept of sin and free will.

If God made this gay man, and loves his sin as such, then there is no sin.

God made the kiddly diddler, the hatchet murderer, Stalin, the woman who just dove off a balcony with her toddlers in her arms.

These are not sins of lust, violence, power or vanity, just variations of God's great plan, and we must love and embrace not only the people, but the acts they commit as well, since they have no choice, God made them this way.

Prove me wrong...
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 05-21-2018 at 11:57 AM.

God made the kiddly diddler, the hatchet murderer, Stalin, the woman who just dove off a balcony with her toddlers in her arms.

These are not sins of lust, violence, power or vanity, just variations of God's great plan, and we must love and embrace not only the people, but the acts they commit as well, since they have no choice, God made them this way.

Prove me wrong...
    The Pope (a man) doesn't have power to do that. There is much scripture that speaks of the end days if people would only read it!

2 Timothy 3 (KJV)

3 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.

10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,

11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.

12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
    Last edited by donnay; 05-21-2018 at 12:05 PM.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Prove me wrong...
    Sadly, I cannot. I've struggled with this myself. It kinda pissed me off when I found out that, not only did God already know my sins, but He knew I was flawed to begin with and He made me that way. And to top it off, planned to punish me for it in the end. Not cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Sadly, I cannot. I've struggled with this myself. It kinda pissed me off when I found out that, not only did God already know my sins, but He knew I was flawed to begin with and He made me that way. And to top it off, planned to punish me for it in the end. Not cool.

Genesis 6:6 (KJV)
    6 And it repented the Lord that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. [Because the flesh is weak]

John 3:16, 17, 18
    16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, that's Sola's doctrine.

I think there is free will, and you can choose to repent and seek forgiveness of sin.

But if the Pope and Sola are right, then the whole "Jesus died for your sins" thing is pointless.

God made you this way, you can't help it and he still loves you, regardless of whether you wallow in sin and enjoy it or repent and seek forgiveness, and there is still a spot in the Kingdom of Heaven, according to this latest statement, so why bother?

WhooPee!

I think there is free will, and you can choose to repent and seek forgiveness of sin.

But if the Pope and Sola are right, then the whole "Jesus died for your sins" thing is pointless.

God made you this way, you can't help it and he still loves you, regardless of whether you wallow in sin and enjoy it or repent and seek forgiveness, and there is still a spot in the Kingdom of Heaven, according to this latest statement, so why bother?

WhooPee!
    The Pope and Sola aren't right. God didn't create us to be sinners. We have choices that we make every day. We can either do the worldly thing, like everyone else… or we can choose to take the narrow path, and do things God's way. (at least try to)

I think of it this way… who is smarter and wiser and has the bigger picture: us finite little humans who have only a tiny bit of knowledge and a limited perspective… or the creator of the universe? When you think of it that way, it's dumb to follow one's own way instead of God's. I've been on both sides, so based on experience I firmly believe that living for God is wiser and makes life so much better.

Any church that says God created people to be gay is a church to stay far far away from, iyam.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    The Pope (a man) doesn't have power to do that. There is much scripture that speaks of the end days if people would only read it!

2 Timothy 3 (KJV)

3 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

That thought came to me too, when I read this thread. Speaking of that passage you posted....

“I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Curious that "fierce" is now the new term of endearment for woemen, and what they are being told they should aspire to be.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    The Pope and Sola aren't right. God didn't create us to be sinners. We have choices that we make every day. We can either do the worldly thing, like everyone else… or we can choose to take the narrow path, and do things God's way. (at least try to)

I think of it this way… who is smarter and wiser and has the bigger picture: us finite little humans who have only a tiny bit of knowledge and a limited perspective… or the creator of the universe? When you think of it that way, it's dumb to follow one's own way instead of God's. I've been on both sides, so based on experience I firmly believe that living for God is wiser and makes life so much better.

Any church that says God created people to be gay is a church to stay far far away from, iyam.
    Well, I happen to agree, but then again, I'm not the figurehead of a billion person church.

God didn't create us to be sinners.
    That has to be self evident, or otherwise there was no point to Jesus' life, death or resurrection.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

That has to be self evident, or otherwise there was no point to Jesus' life, death or resurrection.
    Exactly. In Calvinism, Jesus becomes completely unnecessary. Which is probably why they (Calvinists) don't even really talk about Jesus that much. I have to say, I'm glad we no longer have those never-ending debates around here.

― Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    Exactly. In Calvinism, Jesus becomes completely unnecessary. Which is probably why they (Calvinists) don't even really talk about Jesus that much. I have to say, I'm glad we no longer have those never-ending debates around here.
    LOL - I agree.

That's certainly not what I posted this for, more to call out the Red Pope.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I know this is Francis we're talking about but I wonder how much of this is fake news undermining the Roman Church, because its one of the last holdouts of Western tradition.

WhooPee!
    I was taught free will, too but it bothers me that God could've made me perfect and chose not to. Why? I feel like I got set up to fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I was taught free will, too but it bothers me that God could've made me perfect and chose not to. Why? I feel like I got set up to fail.
    GOD gave you free will and that meant you could choose to do imperfect things, the only way to make you perfect would have been to deny you free will.
    HE leads us to become perfect by our own choice and that way we can be perfect and have free will.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    I know this is Francis we're talking about but I wonder how much of this is fake news undermining the Roman Church, because its one of the last holdouts of Western tradition.
    Undermining is easier when you take control first, that is what is also happening to the scouts.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Of course God knew how we would turn out, but he loved us so much that he made us anyway. Hell is not punishment; it is a person's willful separation from God's love.

Prove me wrong...
    *thumbsup* It's weird to find educated Catholics even tacitly implying free will doesn't exist. One of the greatest Roman Catholic saints evarr-St Augustine-argued strongly for free will.

i.e. "On Grace And Free Will", C. 426 AD- http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/1510.htm
    (Literally no way Frankie has not read this unless he cheated his way through seminary)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    *thumbsup* It's weird to find educated Catholics even tacitly implying free will doesn't exist. One of the greatest Roman Catholic saints evarr-St Augustine-argued strongly for free will.

i.e. "On Grace And Free Will", C. 426 AD- http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/1510.htm
    (Literally no way Frankie has not read this unless he cheated his way through seminary)
    A distinct possibility.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment