Thread: Rand says Korea talks still on

Rand says Korea talks still on

Senator Rand Paul explained Tuesday that reports of North Korea threatening to cancel the imminent peace summit talks with President Trump are being ‘over-read’, and that the negotiations should go ahead unhindered.

“This is consistent with the historic position [on the exercises] and that is why I wouldn’t over-read what is going on here,” said Senator Paul, who sits on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.
    “I’m hopeful the talks will still occur and the talks we’re talking about having in Singapore. I think those will still occur.” Paul told Wolf Blitzer on CNN.

“From their perspective, they also feel they gave up the three prisoners and said they are ending military-weapons testing,” Paul continued, adding “They are giving and haven’t seen a little bit on the other side from us.”
    “This is just their way of responding and pushing back,” Paul said. “But I don’t think it endangers the upcoming talks.”
    The Senator also commented on the Iran nuclear deal, noting that he supports talks between Iran and President Trump, saying “I think that we need more discussion at a higher level with Iran.”

More at: https://www.infowars.com/rand-paul-n...t-is-still-on/
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand coming up on Fox - "The Story" with Martha MacCallum (7pm eastern)
    re: Libya vs Korea comparisons

edit: not live, from earlier today - covers a range of topics including hasple, budget bill - worth watching
    Last edited by Valli6; 05-17-2018 at 05:13 PM.

President Donald Trump said a plan for a June 12 summit in Singapore with Kim Jong Un "hasn't changed" and the North Korean leader reiterated his commitment to the historic meeting. South Korean President Moon Jae-in, after meeting Saturday with the regime leader, told reporters Sunday "that Chairman Kim and I have agreed that the June 12 summit should be held successfully, and that our quest for the Korean peninsula's denuclearisation and a perpetual peace regime should not be halted."

Trump said arrangements are "moving along very nicely," including sessions Sunday in North Korea. Trump made the comments Saturday night about the summit from the Oval Office as he welcomed Josh Holt, an American prisoner released by Venezuela.
    "A lot of people are working on it," Trump said. "It's moving along very nicely. We're looking at June 12 in Singapore. That hasn't changed. And it's moving along pretty well, so we'll see what happens."
    On Sunday, a U.S. advance team departed Japan and arrived at Tongilgak in North Korea -- north of the demilitarized zoned -- for planning meetings that are expected to continue Monday and Tuesday, Heather Nauert, a State Department spokesman, told The Washington Post.

Trump said preparation meetings are going on "as we speak in a certain location which I won't name, like the location, it's not very far from here."

More at: https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-N...8891527427921/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The on-again, off-again relationship between President Trump and North Korean dictator Kim Jong Un continued this Friday when the President announced that the historic peace summit in Singapore on June 12 will proceed as planned. This comes just one week after President Trump announced the summit had been canceled due to Kim Jong Un showing bad faith.
    President Trump's announcement to continue the summit came after receiving a letter, which was "hand delivered to the White House by the dictator's top envoy," according to CNN. Though Trump acknowledged he had not yet read the letter, he said contents were "very interesting."

Speaking with reporters, the President adopted an optimistic tone, saying that recent gestures from North Korea, including their threats of nuclear bombings, were a thing of the past.
    "I think we're over that, totally over that, and now we're going to deal and we're going to really start a process," Trump said after meeting with the North Korean envoy, another historic meeting in the long list of historic meetings that have occurred in recent weeks.
    "We're meeting with the chairman on June 12 and I think it's probably going to be a very successful — ultimately a successful process," Trump said. "We'll see. Remember what I say. We will see what we will see, but I think it's going to be a process that we deserve to have."

More at: https://www.dailywire.com/news/31355...&utm_content=1

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment