Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thread for The Texan

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Betsy.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	6619
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Ohio Police Officer Saves Six People in Two Hours

It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Ohio Police Officer Saves Six People in Two Hours

Luckily that happened next to an O'Reilly auto parts store. So when he gets out of the hospital he can get the parts he may need to fix his car.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    VIDEO: Officer Takes Out Active Shooter Across Six Lanes Highway Traffic

by Sandy Malone
    May 23-edited

A Tulsa police officer dispatched an active shooter when he fatally shot the suspect on the side of a busy highway.

Tulsa, OK – A Tulsa police officer fatally shot an active shooter after the armed man ran onto a busy freeway with his weapon and began firing at random cars (video below).

The incident began at about 6:30 p.m. on May 10 when officers responded to a call about an active shooter at a strip mall in the 4900-block of South Peoria Avenue, Tulsa World reported.

Tulsa police said witnesses warned that 25-year-old Derrec Shaw was “acting erratic and strange” when he left his residence earlier in the evening.

The entire incident was captured by bodycam and began as officers were being dispatched to the scene, Tulsa World reported.
    Bodycam showed the officer driving the police car grabbing his patrol rifle in preparation for arriving at the scene.

When the officers pulled up in the alley behind the strip mall, they stopped their police car and ran the rest of the way to the scene.
    The video showed they encountered a large group of panicked people in the alley who had just escaped out the back door of a Cici’s Pizza after the shooter had come in through the front door and opened fire.

In the video, the officer called for backup to assist with the victims as employees and patrons pointed him in the direction that Shaw had run.

Police later learned that at that point, the suspect had already shot a motorist in the shoulder and another man in the chin, Tulsa World reported.

Bodycam showed the officer ran through the nearly-empty pizza restaurant and out the front door, as bystanders continued to point him in the direction the gunman had fled.

He ran around two sides of the strip mall and then witnesses in the parking lot told him the suspect had run towards Interstate 44 and was shooting at vehicles, the video showed.

As the officer ran, he advised dispatch to “hold traffic, hold traffic – he’s got a gun.”

The video showed the officer crossed over the access road and ran up the berm to take a position along a concrete barrier, facing the highway.

Less than two seconds later, he fired two shots across six lanes of busy highway, the video showed.

Shaw was hit and dropped to the pavement on the far side of the road with his gun beside him. No other vehicles or people were hit by the officer’s well-placed gunshots.

Bodycam showed the officer ran across the first three lanes of traffic, dodging oncoming cars and trucks, to get to the median strip, where the camera showed the suspect was down in the emergency lane on the other side of three more lanes of traffic.

“Okay, suspect is down,” the officer told the dispatcher.

“Stay on the ground. Stay on the ground and let me see your hands!” the officer yelled at Shaw as he kept his weapon on the suspect.

“Suspect is down. Can’t see his hands. I got a gun right next to him,” he told the dispatcher.

Then a Good Samaritan stopped to try to help the downed man on the side of the road and the officer yelled at her to get away from Shaw.

At that point, other officers started arriving on the highway median to back up the officer who had shot the suspect.

Additional units arrived and began stopping the highway traffic as officers rushed across lanes of the freeway to surround Shaw and take him into custody, the video showed.

The officer who shot Shaw spotted EMS stuck in traffic approaching the scene and ran to wave them through, the video showed.
    Shaw was pronounced dead at the scene, Tulsa World reported.

The officer’s tactics were met with some criticism in the wake of the incident by people who didn't like how he took out an active shooter.

But the officer's department backed him up.

A Tulsa Police Department public information officer told Tulsa World that the department has no protocols for what officers should do on highways.

The police department said that the officer followed his training during the incident, despite the fact he shot across six lanes of highway and then dashed into traffic, Tulsa World reported.

Tulsa police also said that the officer hadn’t had time to identify himself before he opened fire on Shaw, but that even if he had, it wouldn’t have changed the outcome and might have put more civilians in jeopardy.

The officer who shot Shaw was placed on paid administrative leave as is protocol for all officer-involved shootings, Tulsa World reported.

The name of the officer was withheld pending an investigation by the Tulsa County District Attorney’s Office.
    Watch the incident unfold at 6:10 in the video below. WARNING - Graphic Content.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Widespread power outages across Texas
    https://www.kltv.com/2019/08/18/swep...own-this-time/

@TheTexan, you got power?
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Quote Originally Posted by tfurrh View Post
    Widespread power outages across Texas
    https://www.kltv.com/2019/08/18/swep...own-this-time/

@TheTexan, you got power?
    Power problems in East Texas? Someone probably blew up a meth lab next to a transformer.

I wouldn't be caught dead in East Texas
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    Power problems in East Texas? Someone probably blew up a meth lab next to a transformer.

I wouldn't be caught dead in East Texas
    Probably not that far off from the cause. All my relatives went and got a hotel room. I ain't a weenie though, and I ain't raising none either.

I've never been west of the pan handle.... always wanted to go to though
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Probably not that far off from the cause. All my relatives went and got a hotel room. I ain't a weenie though, and I ain't raising none either.

Power back on.
    Last edited by tfurrh; 08-18-2019 at 09:55 PM.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

We need the Texican to come back.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    I think @TheTexan is still recovering from his gender reassignment surgery.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I think @TheTexan is still recovering from his gender reassignment surgery.
    Say something about his mother, that'll get him to respond.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

I found him, and he has a new toy:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 013EC41C-89A1-43E9-ACFA-D902F88E64CE.jpg  
    Last edited by Danke; 07-30-2020 at 08:10 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to TheTexas."

Could have been said by Davy Crockett.

Name:	1596169925193.jpg 
Size:	125.9 KB 
ID:	7663
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Is that TheTrump on Epstein Island?

Biden is shaking in his boots. He wishes he could pull something like this off.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by sparebulb View Post
    Is that TheTrump on Epstein Island?
    Evidence Shows FBI Tried To Tie President Trump To Epstein Case But With No Success

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bet there's not a Biden equivalent of this video.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post

Here is Biden's.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Kinda $#@!ty over there , doesnt rain much . All that dehydration makes people mean .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    They got the hot one for the press sec
    Do something Danke

Name:	1613708365428.png 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	8025
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast