Thread: MSNBC Panelists: What’s the Difference Between Baghdad Bob and Sarah Sanders?

MSNBC Panelists: What’s the Difference Between Baghdad Bob and Sarah Sanders?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Mrs. Cancer: What's wrong honey?
    Mr. Cancer: I just found out I have John McCain.

What is the difference between MSNBC and Baghdad Bob?
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    What is the difference between MSNBC and Baghdad Bob?
    Baghdad Bob was a lightweight.

I'm sure that Baghdad Bob knew that was he was saying was a lie. With Sanders, I'm not so sure... it's hard to say just how much of the kool-aid she drinks. There are brief glimpses of awareness, but they only seem to correspond to the moments when something makes her personally look like an idiot... or more of an idiot than normal.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Baghdad Bob was a lightweight.

Let's see. Benjamin Nuttinbutayahoo three years ago said Iran would have a bomb in 3 months. Clearly that didn't happen. So.....why is scrapping the Iran deal a good idea again? Do we want Iran to get a bomb?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Let's see. Benjamin Nuttinbutayahoo three years ago said Iran would have a bomb in 3 months. Clearly that didn't happen. So.....why is scrapping the Iran deal a good idea again? Do we want Iran to get a bomb?
    There's no cogent argument. At this point, the only thing that makes sense to me is that it was an Obama accomplishment and therefore must be considered to be bad to maintain party purity.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They have been saying that for decades now, since iran is obviously completely incapable or not trying to get the bomb, why have a deal at all? but that's all rather off topic to the point of my post.

How easy we forget. On November 19, 2015, the State Department sent a letter to then-Representative Mike Pompeo that severely undercuts the notion that the Iran deal represents any form of binding American commitment. It turns out that the Obama administration not only acknowledged that the deal wasn’t a treaty (obvious enough), but it also admitted that it wasn’t “an executive agreement” or even a “signed document.” Here are the key paragraphs:
    https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...t-not-binding/
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    They have been saying that for decades now, since iran is obviously completely incapable or not trying to get the bomb, why have a deal at all? but that's all rather off topic to the point of my post.
    Ummmm....your video was Sarah Sanders trashing Obama, Hillary and Kerry over the nuke deal. So...it's not at all off topic. It would be the same if she trashed Cindy Sheehan for advocating that we pull out of Syria. I might not like everything Cindy Sheehan advocates but she is right on that point.

As for Iran wanting or not wanting the bomb, remember Iran isn't a monolithic country despite what we are led to believe by the MSM. There are those in Iranian circles of power who see engagement as the way forward and those who believe they must have a deterrent from western threats of regime change. I look at post 9/11 regime change and regime change attempts. According to the CIA reports released post Gulf War 2, Saddam destroyed his chemical weapons program in 1991. (See: https://www.cia.gov/library/reports/...004/chap5.html) But claims about it were still the justification for regime change in 2003. Qaddafi had a chance to get nukes from Pakistan but instead abandoned that idea and helped expose Pakistan's clandestine nuclear weapons export market. His reward for doing the right thing? We killed him. (See: https://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary...-give-up-nukes) By contrast North Korea actually has nukes as well as backing from China. Guess who we haven't messed with? If Iran decides the only way to keep the U.S. at bay is to get nukes......
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Ummmm....your video was Sarah Sanders trashing Obama, Hillary and Kerry over the nuke deal. So...it's not at all off topic. It would be the same if she trashed Cindy Sheehan for advocating that we pull out of Syria. I might not like everything Cindy Sheehan advocates but she is right on that point.
    It is offtopic as to the point of my post. my intent was to display the manner and skill in which she defended her employer. totally different than Baghdad bob, brutally efficient really.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    How easy we forget. On November 19, 2015, the State Department sent a letter to then-Representative Mike Pompeo that severely undercuts the notion that the Iran deal represents any form of binding American commitment. It turns out that the Obama administration not only acknowledged that the deal wasn’t a treaty (obvious enough), but it also admitted that it wasn’t “an executive agreement” or even a “signed document.” Here are the key paragraphs:
    https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...t-not-binding/
    2015 - State Department: Iran Deal Is Not ‘Legally Binding’ and Iran Didn’t Sign It http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...dn%92t-Sign-It

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    2015 - State Department: Iran Deal Is Not ‘Legally Binding’ and Iran Didn’t Sign It http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...dn%92t-Sign-It

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.