Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FoxNews punishes Lt. Gen. Thomas McInerney for daring to tell the truth

FoxNews punishes Lt. Gen. Thomas McInerney for daring to tell the truth

I know this is a sensitive issue but truth must be told!

See Fox News bans retired general after McCain torture comments

May 11, 2018

”A spokesperson told the Washington Examiner that retired Air Force Lt. Gen. Thomas McInerney is no longer welcome on Fox News and Fox Business Network after he said torture worked on McCain, a former prisoner of war in Vietnam.

McInerney’s comments, made during an appearance on Fox Business Network on Thursday, were in response to McCain encouraging his Senate colleagues to reject Gina Haspel’s nomination for CIA director over her past association with the agency’s enhanced interrogation practices.”

In 1969, due to torture, Senator McCain, who was then a Vietnamese POW, made a false confession recording which was used for propaganda purposes.

The FoxNew decision to ban retired Air Force Lt. Gen. Thomas McInerney for telling the truth in support of the contention that torture works, is not only unacceptable, it is a stain on the credibility of FoxNews. When the ugly truth becomes a cause for being banned in America, something is very, very wrong. Especially when it occurs on a media outlet which rails against political correctness 24/7.

In support of McInerney assertion see: John McCain's Purported Vietnam War Propaganda Recording Released by Far-Right Internet Radio Host

August 8, 2016

”McCain's U.S. Senate office could not confirm the authenticity of the recording, but one McCain aide, speaking on condition that his name not be published, told New Times the following:

"Senator McCain has spoken candidly for years, in media interviews and his own memoir, of making a false confession tape after being tortured as a POW in North Vietnam. Although his 'confession' was coerced by days of extreme physical abuse, he always regretted it."

And, here is a LINK to the actual recording.

I am very disappointed that FoxNew has jumped on the political correct bandwagon and punished one of our distinguished military’s best.

JWK

Without a Fifth Column Media, Yellow Journalism, Hollywood, and a corrupted FBI, Loretta Lynch, Hillary Clinton and Barack Hussein Obama, would be making license tags in a federal penitentiary

Last edited by johnwk; 05-12-2018 at 09:29 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This isn't about political correctness. McInerney was stating a fact: in McCain's case, torture (or the mere threat of it) accomplished something for the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Raginfridus View Post
    This isn't about political correctness. McInerney was stating a fact: in McCain's case, torture (or the mere threat of it) accomplished something for the enemy.
    And FoxNews banned McInerney for stating a fact, and did so for politically correct reasons.

JWK

Yeah it was stupid move on Fox's part to bend on this one. McCain has never been a champion for Liberty in any capacity. McCain is a hero of traitors.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by johnwk View Post
    And FoxNews banned McInerney for stating a fact, and did so for politically correct reasons.

JWK
    Yes, publicly the reasons look PC, but the better answer is McCain has been a captain of the neocon agenda. He's done real damage to the country, and for that the establishment thank him.

I know this is a sensitive issue but truth must be told!

See Fox News bans retired general after McCain torture comments

May 11, 2018

”A spokesperson told the Washington Examiner that retired Air Force Lt. Gen. Thomas McInerney is no longer welcome on Fox News and Fox Business Network after he said torture worked on McCain, a former prisoner of war in Vietnam.

McInerney’s comments, made during an appearance on Fox Business Network on Thursday, were in response to McCain encouraging his Senate colleagues to reject Gina Haspel’s nomination for CIA director over her past association with the agency’s enhanced interrogation practices.”

In 1969, due to torture, Senator McCain, who was then a Vietnamese POW, made a false confession recording which was used for propaganda purposes.

The FoxNew decision to ban retired Air Force Lt. Gen. Thomas McInerney for telling the truth in support of the contention that torture works, is not only unacceptable, it is a stain on the credibility of FoxNews. When the ugly truth becomes a cause for being banned in America, something is very, very wrong. Especially when it occurs on a media outlet which rails against political correctness 24/7.

In support of McInerney assertion see: John McCain's Purported Vietnam War Propaganda Recording Released by Far-Right Internet Radio Host

August 8, 2016

”McCain's U.S. Senate office could not confirm the authenticity of the recording, but one McCain aide, speaking on condition that his name not be published, told New Times the following:

"Senator McCain has spoken candidly for years, in media interviews and his own memoir, of making a false confession tape after being tortured as a POW in North Vietnam. Although his 'confession' was coerced by days of extreme physical abuse, he always regretted it."

And, here is a LINK to the actual recording.

I am very disappointed that FoxNew has jumped on the political correct bandwagon and punished one of our distinguished military’s best.

JWK
    McInerney is a huge neocon stooge. This is an intra-neocon spat. Let them insult each other. The whole conversation revolves around the confirmation of Gina Haspel.

Are you defending McInerney, Haspel or torture?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post

Go back and read what I posted. I was crystal clear in my position.

It is not a stain on McCain's record to confirm he was tortured into making a propaganda recording. It is a stain on McCain's record to lie that torture does not work.

JWK

American citizens are sick and tired of being made into tax-slaves to finance the economic needs of millions of poverty stricken, poorly educated, low and unskilled aliens who have invaded America borders.

Retired general: Torture worked on John McCain, that's why they call him 'Songbird John'

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-songbird-john

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

It is not a stain on McCain's record to confirm he was tortured into making a propaganda recording. It is a stain on McCain's record to lie that torture does not work.

JWK
    You wrote:

one of our distinguished military’s best.
    Seems like a defense or glorification of McInerney...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

You wrote:

What does your nonsense have to do with what McInerney said on FoxNews?

JWK

McCains confession only confirms that through torture you can make anybody tell you what you want to hear. Not necessarily the facts.

General McInirish is only a stooge though, whereas McCain is a neoconartist policy driver. Its like watching a miss match between a heavy and some welterweight, the little guy gets a good hit, and suddenly the ref and the sponsors behind the big guy go nuts and cry foul.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    McCains confession only confirms that through torture you can make anybody tell you what you want to hear. Not necessarily the facts.
    In McCain's case, torture worked well enough to get him to make a propaganda recording. Is that not what McInerney pointed out while on FoxNews?

JWK

What does your nonsense have to do with what McInerney said on FoxNews?

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

In McCain's case, torture worked well enough to get him to make a propaganda recording. Is that not what McInerney pointed out while on FoxNews?
    No, he was defending a program that was supposed to extract information. It did not. When you torture people, they will tell you what they think you want to hear in order to make you stop. "What you want to hear" is not the truth.
    Pinochet is the model
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

JWK
    A propaganda recording is what they wanted to hear. No?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    True, though his captors weren't making truth, they were making propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    No, he was defending a program that was supposed to extract information. It did not. When you torture people, they will tell you what they think you want to hear in order to make you stop. "What you want to hear" is not the truth.

What was stated by McInerney is as follows: "It worked on John [McCain]. That's why they call him 'Songbird John'"

JWK

Here's the whole video, which unfortunately will not embed:

https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2...all-him/220182

It's very simple to me, Charles. If we have some terrorists and the possibility of five nuclear weapons going off in US cities, I want to use any method that will determine where they are, when it's going to happen, and how we can nullify them. I'm not interested in values, I'm interested in saving a million American lives.
    Pinochet is the model

True, though his captors weren't making truth, they were making propaganda.
    And they used torture to get McCain to make a propaganda recording. So, in that particular instance, torture worked, as stated by McInerney.

JWK

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Here's the whole video, which unfortunately will not embed:

https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2...all-him/220182
    It's very simple to me, Charles. If we have some terrorists and the possibility of five nuclear weapons going off in US cities, I want to use any method that will determine where they are, when it's going to happen, and how we can nullify them. I'm not interested in values, I'm interested in saving a million American lives.
    Your above quote has nothing to do with why FoxNews banned McInerney. The subject of the thread is about FoxNews going politically correct and banning someone for stating a fact.

JWK

General McInirish is only a stooge though, whereas McCain is a neoconartist policy driver. Its like watching a miss match between a heavy and some welterweight, the little guy gets a good hit, and suddenly the ref and the sponsors behind the big guy go nuts and cry foul.
    McCain is more famous and gets a vote in the Senate, but McInerney is certainly part of the neoconservative/MIC machine.

Retired U.S. Air Force Lieutenant General Thomas McInerney is a Fox News contributor whose track record includes advising neoconservative advocacy groups ...

A vocal proponent of the idea that the United States is in a global war with “radical Islam,” McInerney has supported the work of a host of right-wing and “pro-Israel” groups that have advocated interventionist U.S. foreign policies. He has served on the advisory council of the Iran Policy Committee,[4] which is led by Raymond Tanter; on the advisory board of Rachel Ehrenfeld’s American Center for Democracy[5]; and on the Executive Council of the Intelligence Summit.[6] In addition, McInerney has addressed conferences of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) on Middle East strategic issues[7] and championed aggressive “war on terror” policies in neoconservative outlets, including the Wall Street Journal editorial page and William Kristol’s Weekly Standard.
    In early 2008 a New York Times investigative report identified McInerney as one of several dozen retired military officers—many of whom served as military analysts for various media outlets—who had received briefings by the Bush administration as part of a controversial and hitherto unknown Pentagon program to put positive spin on U.S. policies in the “war on terror.”[11] According to the Times, the Pentagon program selected the officers, who also included Barry McCaffrey and Paul Vallely, because as retired military personnel they “often got more airtime than network reporters, and they were not merely explaining the capabilities of Apache helicopters. They were framing how viewers ought to interpret events. What is more, while the analysts were in the news media, they were not of the news media. They were military men, many of them ideologically in sync with the administration’s neoconservative brain trust, many of them important players in a military industry anticipating large budget increases to pay for an Iraq war.”[12] The Pentagon program, which began in 2002, ran until it was suspended in late April 2008, after the Times investigation broke.[13] Fox continued to use McInerney as an on-air analyst after the story’s publication.
    More: https://rightweb.irc-online.org/prof...nerney_thomas/

What was stated by McInerney is as follows: "It worked on John [McCain]. That's why they call him 'Songbird John'"
    Ignoring for the moment that what McInerney said is entirely devoid of facts, let's look at the whole quote.

The fact is, is John McCain — it worked on John. That’s why they call him “Songbird John.” The fact is those methods can work, and they are effective, as former Vice President Cheney said. And if we have to use them to save a million American lives, we will do whatever we have to.
    What you, Cheney, and McInerney are all trying to do is conflate two entirely different concepts. To say that "those methods can work, and are effective, as former Vice President Cheney said" is to say that torture is effective at extracting information from terrorists.

Can you extract a forced confession using torture? Sure. Torture is very effective at producing lies.

Is that the same thing as 'saving a million Americans from five nuclear bombs?' No.

Is a forced confession composed of useful, truthful information? No.

The stated purpose of the torture program was to gain information from GTMO prisoners. In addition to being terrible for numerous other reasons, it failed at that objective. Despite that, certain war hawks insist - without evidence - that it was useful, that it could be useful, that other torture has been useful in the past, and that we should resume the program. These are people who believe that '24' is a documentary.
    Pinochet is the model

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The important thing that FOX is afraid of is that McCain was a songbird, the moment he was captured he offered military information in exchange for preferential treatment, and from what I have heard he informed on his fellow prisoners.

He is a traitor and should be hung before cancer can finish him off.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Vietnam POW Activists Called McCain ‘Songbird’ and ‘Manchurian Candidate’

The important thing that FOX is afraid of is that McCain was a songbird, the moment he was captured he offered military information in exchange for preferential treatment, and from what I have heard he informed on his fellow prisoners.

He is a traitor and should be hung before cancer can finish him off.
    It's absolutely amazing how political correctness has found its way into FoxNews Channel.

Aside from that see:

Vietnam POW Activists Called McCain ‘Songbird’ and ‘Manchurian Candidate’

Among groups who oppose John McCain, the most serious charges come from a small but fervent cadre of Vietnam POW/MIA activists who accuse him of being a collaborator during his time in the Vietnamese POW camps.

They call McCain “Songbird,” and say he received special treatment. Some in the POW community even believe he was brainwashed like Raymond Shaw, the character played by Laurence Harvey in “The Manchurian candidate,” who was used as a tool by the communists to destroy America from within.

JWK

The CIA contends that torture is necessary to obtain the truth, if--for example--a nuclear bomb was about to go off, or some other outlandish scare they wish to present. But what McCain and others here have shown is that torture is primarily used to obtain a confession true or false, and if it is not what the torture wants, it continues until the result becomes what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by pao View Post
    The CIA contends that torture is necessary to obtain the truth, if--for example--a nuclear bomb was about to go off, or some other outlandish scare they wish to present.
    The critical flaw in that case is that the torturee only has to lie once - at which point the torture will stop - and the bomb will go off before the CIA can determine that the torturee is lying.
    Pinochet is the model

How ridiculous it is discussing torture techniques in 2018? If it wasn't for the actions of a stupid few we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    How ridiculous it is discussing torture techniques in 2018? If it wasn't for the actions of a stupid few we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Torture gets applause.
    Pinochet is the model

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast