Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Historic: American Trump and Korean Kim Jong Un to meet on June 12 in Singapore

Congrats NK! You'll likely go from totalitarian rule and poverty to fraudulent elections and taxation. But your hotels will be yuge and wonderful. So will your new debt burden. Oh and you'll no longer have any claim to your own natural resources. Good times.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    If by "right direction", you mean another country crossed off the list of those that the bankers do not yet have their hooks in. Of course, it's a good thing that war may be avoided and American troops in SK eventually coming home.
    What else would you call it? Ron Paul was all about negotiating peace.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

So what happens to Kim Jong Un in the event that theres a Korea reunification? I'm assuming Moon will either put him in jail or he'll have some sort of other government position.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

We don't need to get ahead of ourselves. This is a step that no president in my lifetime has taken. Let the dust settle and we can see what happens next.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Update: As North Korea's day begins, Kim is on the wires reiterating Trump's comments, underlining the need for North Korea and US to "take practical measures" to follow through on the topics discussed in Singapore.
    According to KCNA, Kim said it was "urgent for North Korea and US to make the bold decision to stop irritating and hostile military actions against each other," adding that "if the US takes genuine measures to build trust" then North Korea "can continue to show additional goodwill."
    Finally, Kim said that Trump and he discussed "taking legal, institutional steps to guarantee commitment to avoid antagonizing each other."
    Kim also confirmed that Trump has accepted Kim's invitation to visit North Korea.
    Trump also updated his status of the summit in tweet-form:
    Heading back home from Singapore after a truly amazing visit. Great progress was made on the denuclearization of North Korea. Hostages are back home, will be getting the remains of our great heroes back to their families, no missiles shot, no research happening, sites closing...
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 12, 2018
    ...Got along great with Kim Jong-un who wants to see wonderful things for his country. As I said earlier today: Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace! #SingaporeSummit
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 12, 2018

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...es-south-korea
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "if the US takes genuine measures to build trust" then North Korea "can continue to show additional goodwill."
    "US will have to make the first concessions."

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    "US will have to make the first concessions."
    DJTvsg just called off the war games, Kim wants to make sure that happens.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    Market futures started trending down though nothing major, 1:1 meeting did not not go as bigly as expected or too soon to say?

Don't know what you are talking about, this is huge world news.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

The Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un summit has opened up doors never thought possible.
    After the pair met up for the historic summit in Singapore, the President has now confirmed that the North Korean leader has accepted an invite to the White House.
    Trump said Kim will fly to the United States for the visit ‘sometime in the future’.

Speaking at a press conference after a day of historic meetings, Trump also said he is open to visiting Kim some day in Pyongyang.

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-tr...094524876.html

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    "Am I on the cover again this week? Boy, have I -- so many covers."
    Trump is talking here to a reporter from Time magazine, which depicts him on its June 18 cover as a king staring at his own reflection. And let's remember that he had fake Time magazine covers featuring himself hanging in several of his golf clubs.
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/12/polit...ore/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    What else would you call it? Ron Paul was all about negotiating peace.
    I'd call it damned if you do, damned if you don't, though juleswin is correct that NK wasn't our business in the first place. It was set up a long time ago by another undeclared war that Americans died in so that bankers could eventually get a foothold in their country, enact debt slavery and steal their natural resources.

Having said that, I'm not convinced at all that this hasn't all just been a big show for the masses since KJU took over. I remember posting a thread when Trump out-of-the-blue started threatening NK, thus initiating this big show in the first place.

Removing troops from SK and ceasing joint exercises (Trump himself highlighted how expensive they are) would fit with the bigger picture agenda of the dollar losing global reserve status. Can't say it enough that everything coming out of DC these days should be looked at from that angle.
    Last edited by devil21; 06-12-2018 at 08:41 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    I'd call it damned if you do, damned if you don't, though juleswin is correct that NK wasn't our business in the first place. It was set up a long time ago by another undeclared war that Americans died in so that bankers could eventually get a foothold in their country, enact debt slavery and steal their natural resources.

Having said that, I'm not convinced at all that this hasn't all just been a big show for the masses since KJU took over. I remember posting a thread when Trump out-of-the-blue started threatening NK.

Removing troops from SK and ceasing joint exercises (Trump himself highlighted how expensive they are) would fit with the bigger picture agenda of the dollar losing global reserve status. Can't say it enough that everything coming out of DC these days should be looked at from that angle.
    Personnel cuts?

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Can anyone see why it was a really good thing that Hillary didn't win?
    Trump is so much more entertaining?

June 12, 2018

WASHINGTON — President Trump once told advisers to think of every day of his tenure as another episode in a television series. But with his landmark meeting with North Korea’s leader, Kim Jong-un, he seems to be eyeing a move up to the big screen.

At least that was the impression from a faux movie trailer he had specially made for the occasion, depicting his first-of-its-kind encounter with Mr. Kim as a suspenseful, pulse-pounding thriller with nothing less than the future of the world on the line.

Featuring fast-flashing visuals, dramatic music and a baritone narrator, the four-minute video that debuted in Singapore during the summit meeting presented the two heroes of the tale — Mr. Trump and Mr. Kim, of course — confronting choices that would alter the course of history. Mr. Trump showed Mr. Kim the video on an iPad and later played it for reporters on a pair of jumbo screens.

Back in 2013:

Back in 2013:

Dennis Rodman takes credit for pushing North Korean talks

Former NBA star Dennis Rodman in a new interview said he believes his work in North Korea “resonated” to facilitate the current talks over Pyongyang’s nuclear program.
    “And I don’t want to take all the credit. I don’t want to sit here and say ‘I did this. I did that.’ No, that’s not my intention,” he said.
    But Rodman added that he believes his work as a sports ambassador to Pyongyang “resonated.”

http://thehill.com/policy/internatio...h-korean-talks

Does not look like rinse repeat.

Libya sees thriving tourism industry ahead

Opening to West means 10 million tourists likely, minister tells MSNBC

Libya hopes its mix of exotic vistas and historic cultures will bring in millions of tourists each year.

6/15/2004
    TRIPOLI, Libya — Last March, the Bush administration announced it was lifting most of America's two-decade-old sanctions on Libya, including a travel ban, as a reward for Moammar Gadhafi's pledge to scrap his nuclear arms programs..
    In his first interview with the U.S. media, Libya's tourism minister tells MSNBC.com ... We are planning in the future to have 10 million tourists.
    http://www.nbcnews.com/id/5210117/ns...ndustry-ahead/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234