Thread: CIA Whistleblower Ray McGovern Brutally Assaulted by Police at Haspel Hearing

CIA Whistleblower Ray McGovern Brutally Assaulted by Police at Haspel Hearing

CIA Whistleblower Ray McGovern Brutally Assaulted by Police at Haspel Hearing:

78-year-old CIA whistleblower Ray McGovern had his arm dislocated by Capitol Hill police as he was brutally dragged out of the confirmation hearing for Trump CIA Chief nominee Gina Haspel today.

Watch the video:

https://www.antiwar.com/blog/2018/05...aspel-hearing/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How many cops does it take to bring down a 78 year old guy?

That is an absolute shame. McGovern is a good guy and not a partisan.

David Knight had a good show today and had former CIA John Kiriakou on talking about McGovern being brought up on felony charges for allegedly resisting arrest over this. I will post the interview when they post it.

ETA Video:

Last edited by donnay; 05-11-2018 at 08:09 AM.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    How many cops does it take to bring down a 78 year old guy?
    Since one couldn't shoot him it looks like it took five.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    That is an absolute shame. McGovern is a good guy and not a partisan.

David Knight had a good show today and had former CIA John Kiriakou on talking about McGovern being brought up on felony charges for allegedly resisting arrest over this. I will post the interview when they post it.
    So much for freedom, eh?

There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    See this is what they always do when they seriously violate someone's civil liberties or engage in excessive force, manufacture and arrest and dump an array of felony and misdemeanor charges on a perjured report. The never admit that they were in the wrong and proffer their apologies.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

At the confirmation US Senate hearing of Gina Haspel, on 9 May, where she was supposedly “grilled” over her active participation in the torture program at a CIA “black site” in Thailand, “bloody Gina” was asked what would happen if president Donald gave the order to reinstate the torture program in all glory, her response was
    I do not believe the president would ask me to do that.
    Haspel’s responses included the following “jokes”:
    I’m not going to sit here with the benefit of hindsight and judge the very good people who made hard decisions who were running the agency in very extraordinary circumstances.
    (...)
    Senator, I believe that the CIA did extraordinary work to prevent another attack on the country, given the legal tools that we were authorized to use.
    Senator Kamala Harris dared to ask a critical question:
    I’m not asking do you believe they were legal. I’m asking do you believe they were immoral.
    To which “bloody Gina” replied:
    I believe, as many directors who have sat in this chair before me, that valuable information was obtained from senior al Qaida operatives that allowed us to defend this country and prevent another attack.
    A woman protester, wearing a red t-shirt and shouting Bloody Gina! You are a torturer!, was removed by the cops.

At some point former CIA analyst Ray McGovern stood up in the audience, when “Bloody Gina” refused to tell if torturing suspects is immoral, and uttered something like:
    Senator Wyden [?], you deserve a direct answer.
    https://www.davidicke.com/article/47...aspel-hearings

Ahead of the nomination hearing, Ray McGovern had written an opinion piece, with the conclusion that torture isn’t only immoral, but doesn’t give correct intelligence.

On 6 September 2006, Gen. John Kimmons said:
    No good intelligence is going to come from abusive practices. I think history tells us that. I think the empirical evidence of the last five years—hard years—tell us that.
    McGovern explained that torture can “work” like a charm, when interrogators coerce false “intelligence” that can be used, for example, to start a war.
    CIA Director George Tenet, his deputy John McLaughlin, Col. Wilkerson, were putting together the speech by Secretary Colin Powell to the UN Security Council on 5 February 2003, where Powell claimed there was a “sinister nexus” between Saddam Hussein and al-Qaeda.
    What Powell forgot to mention that this “intelligence” came from a source, Abu Yahya al-Libi, who had been forced to tell this of his “free will” after being waterboarded by Egyptian intelligence: https://consortiumnews.com/2018/05/0...-cia-director/
    Do NOT ever read my posts. Google and Yahoo wouldn’t block them without a very good reason: Google-censors-the-world/page3

The Order of the Garter rules the world: Order of the Garter and the Carolingian dynasty

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.