Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mormons severing all ties with Boy Scouts

Mormons severing all ties with Boy Scouts

The Mormon church said Tuesday it will sever all ties with the Boy Scouts of America at the end of next year and place its remaining 425,000 boys into a gospel-focused youth program it is developing. The move ends a nearly century-old relationship that was based on their shared values.The announcement by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and Boy Scouts didn't come as a complete surprise after the religion last year removed 185,000 boys between the ages of 14 and 18, signaling that an end to the long-time alliance was near.
    Joining the Boy Scouts is practically automatic among Mormon boys, and the religion has long been the biggest sponsor of Boy Scout troops in the United States. The Mormon boys who will be leaving represent about 18.5 percent of the 2.3 million youth in the organization.
    The Mormon church said in a statement that the move is about creating its own youth program that it can use for its increasingly global membership, but the two organizations' values clearly have been diverging in recent years.
    The Boy Scouts decided in 2015 to allow gay troop leaders and announced last year it would allow girls in its ranks. Last week, the organization said it will change the name of its flagship program next year to Scouts BSA to account for the inclusion of girls.
    Like other conservative faiths, the Mormon church opposes gay marriage and teaches that being in a homosexual relationship is a sin. The church initially said it was "deeply troubled" by the Boy Scouts' policy change on gays but stayed with the organization after receiving assurances it could appoint troop leaders according to its own religious and moral values.
    The religion has also traditionally used separate youth programs for boys and girls.
    The Mormon church said in a statement the new program that will start in 2020 will "help all girls and boys, young women and young men discover their eternal identity, build character and resilience, develop life skills and fulfill their divine roles as daughters and sons of God."

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/mormons-s...010230135.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Somebody should start the OG Boy Scouts of America
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

help all girls and boys, young women and young men discover their eternal identity
    I don't think anybody has ever accused the LDS Church of not being clever.

Girl Scouts have always been open to homosexuals. I wonder if they're sponsored GSA troops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

I don't blame them at all.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Now if only everyone else could pull their kids out of the BSA and into another program to put an end to them once and for all.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There are some good alternatives. My kids were in one as well as all the families in our local home schoolers coop.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I don't think anybody has ever accused the LDS Church of not being clever.
    You're not very well read, then.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Somebody should start the OG Boy Scouts of America
    Any values the Boy Scouts ever brought to the table were for the express purpose of making better vassals of the state.
    That's documented, in black-and-white, and unmistakable.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Learn something every day . I had no idea mormons all joined Scouts . I only really knew about four real well when I was young and I do not think any of them were .

The Boy Scouts have decided to accept people who identify as gay and lesbian among their ranks. And girls are welcome now, too, into the iconic organization, which has renamed itself Scouts BSA.

So what’s next?
    A mandate that condoms be made available to “all participants” of its global gathering.
    It’s among the demands of the World Scout Committee for any host country of a World Scout Jamboree.
    That would include the 24th World Scout Jamboree, scheduled July 21-Aug. 1, 2019, in West Virginia.
    The Scouts say: “For the first time, a world jamboree will be hosted by three national Scout organizations: Scouts Canada, Asociación de Scouts de México, and the Boy Scouts of America. These three distinct cultures will join together to host the world Scouting community in a celebration of cultural exchange, mutual understanding, peace, and friendship.”
    With condoms.
    Commenting on the condom policy, John Stemberger, president of the Florida Family Policy Council, wrote that “it is not clear how far down the rabbit hole the Boy Scouts will continue to fall.”
    “With the addition of condoms and alcohol, the World Jamboree is starting to sound more like a 1960s Woodstock festival rather than a campout that parents would want to send their children to!”
    Stemberger also serves as chairman of the board for Trail Live USA, an alternative to the Scouts that continues to abide by the Boy Scout motto: “On my honor I will do my best to do my duty to God and my country and to obey the scout law; to help other people at all times; to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.”

http://www.wnd.com/2018/05/condoms-r...orld-jamboree/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Any values the Boy Scouts ever brought to the table were for the express purpose of making better vassals of the state.
    LOL, someone doesn't know what the hell they are talking about
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Like the children they call "elders".
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Mitts boys

They need to protect Utah Senator Mitt Romney from himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Girl Scouts have always been open to homosexuals. I wonder if they've sponsored GSA troops.
    Nope, never did. Girl Scouts was kind of a feminist-communist reaction to the masculine, semi-reactionary and definitely at least strongly right-wing Boy Scouts. Or if it wasn't originally, quickly became such. Maybe just because it was smaller org. Also: female. Boy Scouts took longer to infiltrate and infect with the poz (HIV positive). But, take over they have, and quite completely, at the top levels of leadership. That's what these people do. Very hard to stop.

I see you've never served in the BSA. Did it for a while myself. Nothing but flag worshiping propaganda.

Yep, which is a big reason why the LDS Church is breaking with the Scouts. Not that Mormons will do any less flag worshiping, but the leaders of the Church recognize that an international church needs a uniform international program. There have been rumors they've been working on something for a while now, and it seems like it'll be ready in the next couple of years, which is when the LDS Church will fully break with the BSA.

Quote Originally Posted by PierzStyx View Post
    I see you've never served in the BSA. Did it for a while myself. Nothing but flag worshiping propaganda.
    There was much more than Patriotism taught in the scouts, all the virtues were taught.

Yep, which is a big reason why the LDS Church is breaking with the Scouts. Not that Mormons will do any less flag worshiping, but the leaders of the Church recognize that an international church needs a uniform international program. There have been rumors they've been working on something for a while now, and it seems like it'll be ready in the next couple of years, which is when the LDS Church will fully break with the BSA.
    The scouts have local versions in countries all around the globe, the church is leaving because of the lefty pervert takeover. (They should have left earlier but they have no choice now)

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

They took God out and look where they are now.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

When did you get your Eagle badge?
    I got mine in August 1992.

LGBTs for Trump

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    They took God out and look where they are now.
    Young Republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by RonZeplin View Post
    Young Republicans.

Your point is?
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Your point is?
    President Trump would not be a good choice for Scoutmaster, nor Governor Romney. .

President Trump would not be a good choice for Scoutmaster, nor Governor Romney. .
    This was last years Jamboree.

When did you get your Eagle badge?
    I got mine in August 1992.
    Eagle c/o 2000, Vigil c/o 2002 (Tipisa #326)

PierzStyx maybe where you were at there was more focus on nationalism, but it isn't like that everywhere or even most places. A lot of it is troop dependent.

Eagle c/o 2000, Vigil c/o 2002 (Tipisa #326)

PierzStyx maybe where you were at there was more focus on nationalism, but it isn't like that everywhere or even most places. A lot of it is troop dependent.
    And in 16 years it has never struck you as odd that you were required to get three different badges in citizenship, only one badge each in anything useful, and badges that would have been helpful to secure employment were completely optional?

This was last years Jamboree.

Of course the new Gayboy Scouts will cheer the prez with their rainbow flag, Donnell.

It is commendable that despite the LGBT communities have sold out, the QHB communities have stuck to their guns.

Young Republicans.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast