Former U.S. Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, announced on Thursday that he is endorsing Bob White, the leader of the Republican Liberty Caucus of Florida, to be the Sunshine State’s next governor.

Paul, who was the Libertarian presidential nominee in 1988 and who made runs at the Republican presidential nomination in 2008 and 2012, endorsed White over U.S. Rep. Ron DeSantis, R-Fla., and Florida Agriculture Commissioner Adam Putnam. State House Speaker Richard Corcoran, R-Lutz, could also enter the Republican primary.

"I never back down from a liberty fight,” Paul said on Thursday. “I stood up to others when liberty’s cause was being challenged. And now it’s time to pass liberty’s fight to a new generation of leaders and fighters. Bob White is one of those fighters.

“Bob has proven his resolve to fight for and defend the Constitutions of the United States and Florida,” Paul added. “With anti-liberty forces fighting harder than ever in every corner of government, we need leaders unafraid to stand up for our freedom. I believe Bob is someone who will. I am very pleased to give him my full support and endorsement to lead as Florida’s next governor. I call on all like-minded patriots who love the Constitution to get behind Bob and help him win this important race."

For his part, White was happy to have the endorsement.

“Dr. Ron Paul is our generation’s founding father," White said. "It is an extraordinary honor to receive the endorsement of liberty's modern day revolutionary, Ron Paul. I resolve to do everything in my power to live up to the confidence he has placed in me as Florida’s governor.”

http://sunshinestatenews.com/story/r...white-governor