Thread: Prosecutor: Detective driving rape victim home takes her to hotel, sexually assaults her

Prosecutor: Detective driving rape victim home takes her to hotel, sexually assaults her

Prosecutor: Detective driving rape victim home takes her to hotel, sexually assaults her

HILLVIEW, KY. —

A Kentucky police detective assigned to drive a rape victim home in September 2017 is accused of taking her to a hotel and sexually assaulting her instead, prosecutors said.

John W. Nissen, of the Hillview Police Department, was indicted last week on charges of official misconduct, tampering with a witness and theft by deception, according to WLKY in Louisville.

Hillview Police Chief William Mahoney III said in a statement that the indictment stems from a September 2017 incident in which Nissen was indirectly involved. Department officials “became concerned” about the allegations and turned the investigation over to the Kentucky State Police, whose investigators in turn gave their findings to Shelly Alvey, the commonwealth attorney for Bullitt County.

The findings led Alvey to seek and obtain Nissen’s indictment.

Alvey told WLKY that the victim went to Hillview police officers to report she’d been raped by an officer in another Bullitt County department. Detectives interviewed the woman about the allegations.

“(Nissen) agreed to take her home, and the allegation is that when he left the police department, he actually drove her to the home of the alleged perpetrator,” Alvey told the news station.

From there, Nissen and the other officer, whose name has not been made public, took the woman to Wal-Mart, where they pooled their money to buy her a phone, Alvey told The Pioneer News, Bullitt County’s community newspaper.

Nissen is accused of then taking the woman to a hotel and paying for a room, at which point he demanded oral sex from her, the newspaper reported. He also told the woman it was time for her to move to another jurisdiction, Alvey said.

The prosecutor said evidence indicated that the woman was under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of the incident.

The theft by deception charge, which is a Class D felony in Kentucky, stems from the fact that Nissen was on duty at the time of the alleged sexual assault, the News reported. Tampering with a witness is also a Class D felony.

Each crime is punishable by up to five years in prison and up to $10,000 in fines.

Official misconduct is a misdemeanor punishable by up to 90 days in jail.

https://www.ajc.com/news/national/pr...4r5oRQYGmhR2H/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wonder who he pissed off?
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post

Not going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    The man did not think clearly. It was almost as if he had brain cancer of something.

And yet another case which does not charge with deprivation of rights under color of law. What this $#@!-bag did is a Federal offence. I've never seen any law enforcement officer charged with Section 242 of Title 18.

Section 242 of Title 18 makes it a crime for a person acting under color of any law to willfully deprive a person of a right or privilege protected by the Constitution or laws of the United States.
    For the purpose of Section 242, acts under "color of law" include acts not only done by federal, state, or local officials within the their lawful authority, but also acts done beyond the bounds of that official's lawful authority, if the acts are done while the official is purporting to or pretending to act in the performance of his/her official duties. Persons acting under color of law within the meaning of this statute include police officers, prisons guards and other law enforcement officials, as well as judges, care providers in public health facilities, and others who are acting as public officials. It is not necessary that the crime be motivated by animus toward the race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status or national origin of the victim.

The offense is punishable by a range of imprisonment up to a life term, or the death penalty, depending upon the circumstances of the crime, and the resulting injury, if any.
    https://www.justice.gov/crt/deprivat...nder-color-law
    Theye have refused their Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

Theye have erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

Theye kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies

Theye have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution,

For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

For cutting off our Trade with parts of the world:

For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:

For depriving us in many cases, of the benefit of Trial by Jury:

Theye plundered and destroyed the lives of our people.

Theye are at this time transporting Armies of Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy of a civilized nation.

John W. Nissen, of the Hillview Police Department, was indicted last week on charges of official misconduct, tampering with a witness and theft by deception, according to WLKY in Louisville.

And so the reason he isn't being charged with rape is what exactly?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post

And so the reason he isn't being charged with rape is what exactly?
    Because he only got a blow job. I believe rape requires vaginal penetration.
    Theye have refused their Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.

Theye have erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance.

Theye have combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution,

For protecting them, by a mock Trial from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:

Theye are at this time transporting Armies of Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation, and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & Perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy of a civilized nation.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Not true, rape is sexual penetration of any orifice without consent.

The question is why did she go to the store with them? Why did they buy her a phone?

I have no idea what happened here, but I'll bet if you met this chick she is 100% crazy. Probably tried to manipulate the first cop out of a speeding ticket, and then these guys she was trying to get them to buy her $#@!, who knows what happened.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Then sodomy. Or at the very least sexual assault. The way he's being charged he won't even end up on the sex abuse registry.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Not true, rape is sexual penetration of any orifice without consent.

The question is why did she go to the store with them? Why did they buy her a phone?

I have no idea what happened here, but I'll bet if you met this chick she is 100% crazy. Probably tried to manipulate the first cop out of a speeding ticket, and then these guys she was trying to get them to buy her $#@!, who knows what happened.
    Depends on the state brainno. This happened in Kentucky. Screwgle Kentucky law.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Then sodomy. Or at the very least sexual assault. The way he's being charged he won't even end up on the sex abuse registry.
    Under Kentucky law sodomy is exactly what he should be charged with. I'm guessing they don't have proof regarding the sexual assault. Through hotel records and other evidence they can get him on the other crimes.

Under Kentucky law sodomy is exactly what he should be charged with. I'm guessing they don't have proof regarding the sexual assault. Through hotel records and other evidence they can get him on the other crimes.
    Accused rapists get convicted all the time based on nothing but the testimony of the victim. If they believe he stole from her then why wouldn't they believe the sexual assault allegations especially in the #metoo era? Weird.

Accused rapists get convicted all the time based on nothing but the testimony of the victim. If they believe he stole from her then why wouldn't they believe the sexual assault allegations especially in the #metoo era? Weird.
    I'm just going by what the DA could do considering she was "drunk and on drugs" at the time. Sucking his dick wasn't provable. I still don't know why the prosecutor, if he was really for justice, didn't bring in the Feds and Section 242 of Title 18 charges. It is NEVER used. No, the DA doesn't want real Justice. He'll work a deal. All's good.