Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'Nazi Grandma,' sentenced for denying Holocaust, goes to prison

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    DISCLAIMER: I have no particular opinion on this matter one way or the other.

As far as I am aware, the Nazi treatment of Jews was not invoked as casus belli prior to US entry into WW2.

That did not start happening until after the war was over, when it began to be used as an "after the fact" justification.

(And IIRC, the Roosevelt administration even had a ship full of Jewish refugees sent back to the Nazis with the Jews still on it. That's more than just a little difficult to reconcile with a "save the Jews" policy ...)

Given the above, it would not have been necessary for that purpose.

Thus, if the Holocaust was indeed fabricated, it would have been for some other reason(s) - with post facto justification for having entered into the war being a "side effect" of this.
    But it still doesn't make sense. There was strong anti-war sentiment in America in the interwar period, sure. But as soon as Pearl Harbor happened everyone except the most hardcore pacifist or a foreign agent was behind the war effort. Japan attacked America, Japan's Allies declare war on America. How many people are going to question that justification? Plus, America won. Notice how its common to criticize the Vietnam War or the 2003 Iraq War but not the 1991 Iraq War. That's because most people aren't going to question the justification of a war that was won.

Quote Originally Posted by H_H View Post
    Do you understand the state religion? Probably you have never thought deeply about it. It's designed so that you don't. But who is Satan in the current state religion? Answer: Hitler. Can someone be Satan if they just happened to fight a war that was a little bit aggressive? Come on, everybody's done that.

No, you need something more. A powerful story, rising to mythic proportions. His evil has to be unheard-of-ly unimaginable. He has to have done things that don't even make any sense, they're so gruesome and evil. Also, it's very, very important to whom he is supposed to have done these evils.

Control the state religion of the world's most powerful land, control their collective guilt, and thou shalt control the world.
    And everyone just decided to fall in line with this conspiracy? Millions of survivors, millions of American, British, and Soviet soldiers, and to top it all off, people who confessed to their crimes. The odds are so low that they all lied.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I dunno and I never really gave it much thought until recently. Whilst I was on hiatus earlier this year I got stuck watching educational television with Mr A and ended up getting sucked into the Nazi documentaries on Netflix. The last one I watched was about the Nuremberg Trials and a few things didn't sit right with me. BTW, this documentary was certainly one sided and when I watch or hear something like that my first inclination is to try to remember the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Here are the most glaring issues I had with the Nuremberg Trials.

1) Goering. From what I learned of him as a man, I don't think he would've been down with the death camps.
    2) Hess. He was insane. They knew he was insane and he was tricked into testifying. Not cool, IMO.
    3) Speer got off with jail but his subordinate hung, I think. Can't remember if he committed suicide.

I'm not saying any of these guys were what I would consider decent people but I don't believe they got a fair trial and that doesn't sit right with me. I also thought Goering made some very good points, not only in his testimony, but also in the comments he made in court mocking the process.
    I think I saw that Documentary a few years ago. Netflix also has one on the Military Tribunals for Japan. One of the defendants, I believe Tojo, appeals to the Indian lawyer by pointing out the hypocrisy of the British condemning imperialism.

There are too many confessions, too many eyewitnesses, for the holocaust to have been a hoax. I think there was a guy who died recently who ended up confessing to involvement in Auschwitz decades after the fact. He was just a bookkeeper IIRC and wasn't there for long before he was transferred to the front. He decided to tell his story, even though he would be put on trial for it, because he heard some people at a bar claiming that the holocaust didn't happen.
    Stop believing stupid things

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tywysog Cymru View Post
    But it still doesn't make sense. There was strong anti-war sentiment in America in the interwar period, sure. But as soon as Pearl Harbor happened everyone except the most hardcore pacifist or a foreign agent was behind the war effort. Japan attacked America, Japan's Allies declare war on America. How many people are going to question that justification? Plus, America won. Notice how its common to criticize the Vietnam War or the 2003 Iraq War but not the 1991 Iraq War. That's because most people aren't going to question the justification of a war that was won.
    I agree. That was my whole point. The US did not enter WW2 because "the Holocaust."

Nevertheless, the Holocaust is still often invoked as an "after the fact" justification for US entry into WW2.

If the latter claim does not make sense to you, then you'll have to interrogate someone who has made it. I have not.

And everyone just decided to fall in line with this conspiracy?
    No, not everyone. But one very important group of people did.

Millions of survivors, millions of American, British, and Soviet soldiers, and to top it all off, people who confessed to their crimes. The odds are so low that they all lied.
    Ahh, they didn't. They didn't all lie. Only the ones you've heard their story lied. Who are a very certain group of people, who happen to constitute all of the people who run entertainment, TV, movies, newspapers, publishing houses, and the preponderance of billionaires more generally.

What a coinkydink.

You know, I've never seen a film about the Armenian Genocide. Have you, Cymru? Hmm.

Ursula Haverbeck, for instance, didn't lie. She was there. Eyewitness. She has stated what really happened and what she really saw. Of course, she's in prison for the rest of her life, so she doesn't exactly have a strong platform, does she? I wonder when we'll see a movie about the WWII era based on her documentary testimony. I wonder how many other people are going to step up and tell what really happened after seeing the wonderful accolades and glorious things that have befallen Ursula. Incentives matter.

Anyway, it's just a ridiculous, preposterous lie. Proves the propaganda tactical point that the more-so's the better. I mean, German engineers deciding to make millions of people into lampshades and soap? Because that makes sense and is a workable plan? Tell me with a straight face that's even plausible.
    Last edited by H_H; 05-16-2018 at 04:49 PM.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Occam's Banana View Post
    I agree. That was my whole point. The US did not enter WW2 because "the Holocaust."

Nevertheless, the Holocaust is still often invoked as an "after the fact" justification for US entry into WW2.

If the latter claim does not make sense to you, then you'll have to interrogate someone who has made it. I have not.
    I wasn't trying to argue with you there, I was pointing something out. I was just saying that it would be pointless to have an after the fact justification for a war that America won and almost no one opposed at home.

No, not everyone. But one very important group of people did.

Ahh, they didn't. They didn't all lie. Only the ones you've heard their story lied. Who are a very certain group of people, who happen to constitute all of the people who run entertainment, TV, movies, newspapers, publishing houses, and the preponderance of billionaires more generally.

What a coinkydink.

You know, I've never seen a film about the Armenian Genocide. Have you, Cymru? Hmm.

Ursula Haverbeck, for instance, didn't lie. She was there. Eyewitness. She has stated what really happened and what she really saw. Of course, she's in prison for the rest of her life, so she doesn't exactly have a strong platform, does she? I wonder when we'll see a movie about the WWII era based on her documentary testimony. I wonder how many other people are going to step up and tell what really happened after seeing the wonderful accolades and glorious things that have befallen Ursula. Incentives matter.

Anyway, it's just a ridiculous, preposterous lie. Proves the propaganda tactical point that the more-so's the better. I mean, German engineers deciding to make millions of people into lampshades and soap? Because that makes sense and is a workable plan? Tell me with a straight face that's even plausible.
    She shouldn't have gone to prison, I'll give you that.

What I was saying is that there were allied soldiers who saw the camps as they liberated them, then there were survivors who told their stories, then there were Nazis who confessed. All evidence points to the Holocaust happening.
    Stop believing stupid things

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

I dunno and I never really gave it much thought until recently. Whilst I was on hiatus earlier this year I got stuck watching educational television with Mr A and ended up getting sucked into the Nazi documentaries on Netflix. The last one I watched was about the Nuremberg Trials and a few things didn't sit right with me. BTW, this documentary was certainly one sided and when I watch or hear something like that my first inclination is to try to remember the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

Here are the most glaring issues I had with the Nuremberg Trials.

1) Goering. From what I learned of him as a man, I don't think he would've been down with the death camps.
    2) Hess. He was insane. They knew he was insane and he was tricked into testifying. Not cool, IMO.
    3) Speer got off with jail but his subordinate hung, I think. Can't remember if he committed suicide.

I'm not saying any of these guys were what I would consider decent people but I don't believe they got a fair trial and that doesn't sit right with me. I also thought Goering made some very good points, not only in his testimony, but also in the comments he made in court mocking the process.
    Tyranny at Nuremberg

Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

There are too many confessions, too many eyewitnesses, for the holocaust to have been a hoax. I think there was a guy who died recently who ended up confessing to involvement in Auschwitz decades after the fact. He was just a bookkeeper IIRC and wasn't there for long before he was transferred to the front. He decided to tell his story, even though he would be put on trial for it, because he heard some people at a bar claiming that the holocaust didn't happen.
    I believe parts are true. If you see my comment from earlier (quoted below), I believe it's true to a degree but I don't believe the most horrific offenses were as widespread as I was lead to believe in hs history class. Auchwitz was in Poland where I believe the worst atrocities took place.

A bit of both, really. I believe it was mostly A but there were a few death camps in Poland (I think) that would certainly qualify for answering B. I guess my answer falls mostly to A with a few exceptions. When it comes to the exceptions, it's my suspicion that only the people involved and their superiors knew exactly what was going on there. That's my very limited take on what happened with knowledge I've picked up watching documentaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

His uncle wasn't in the military and Auschwitz was liberated by the Russians.

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Another lie:

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

It suddenly occurred to me why H_H was so adamantly anti-Peter Schiff

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    She shouldn't have gone to prison, I'll give you that.
    How generous. You left-leaning have been so gracious and generous in your hegemony. But should she be expelled from polite company, unpersoned, fired, un-careered, and her life ended and destroyed? Tell me you'd oppose that.

I'll wait.

What I was saying is that there were allied soldiers who saw the camps as they liberated them
    They didn't see any Holocaust, though.

then there were Nazis who confessed
    but more who didn't.

then there were survivors who told their stories
    Ahh yes indeed. About how they watched with their own eyes as their whole extended families were made into lampshades and furniture covers and soap. Sold to the soapmakers. How sad. Again: Tell me with a straight face that's even plausible.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It suddenly occurred to me why H_H was so adamantly anti-Peter Schiff
    Is he Jewish?

Ahh, just looked it up: he is.

I've tried to be nice and positive to Peter the last couple years, ever since my infamous thread, because I do agree with him politically, for the most part. One exception has always been his aggressive/bellicose foreign policy stance. And now, it occurs to me: it's a rabidly pro-fighting-wars-for-Israel stance as well.

Indeed, as the world turns and years pass, everything eventually all fits together and makes sense, dannno.

Is he Jewish?

Ahh, just looked it up: he is.

I've tried to be nice and positive to Peter the last couple years, ever since my infamous thread, because I do agree with him politically, for the most part. One exception has always been his aggressive/bellicose foreign policy stance. And now, it occurs to me: a rabidly pro-fighting-wars-for-Israel stance as well.

Indeed, as the world turns and years pass, everything eventually all fits together and makes sense, dannno.
    7:25

"You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

"That doesn't mean we should waste it on... wars of aggression." -- Peter Schiff

OK, well that is a good quote. Nothing to disagree with there. I thought I remembered a pattern of pretty bellicose statements he made, too, esp. during his campaign. But, I could very well be wrong. It's been a long time.

I stand corrected. Thank you for correcting me, dannno.

"That doesn't mean we should waste it on... wars of aggression." -- Peter Schiff

OK, well that is a good quote. Nothing to disagree with there. I thought I remembered a pattern of pretty bellicose statements he made, too, esp. during his campaign. But, I could very well be wrong. It's been a long time.

I stand corrected. Thank you for correcting me, dannno.
    Ron Paul wouldn't have chosen a neocon as the economic adviser to his Presidential campaign..

As far as your investment strategies, we will see, you may have the bigger alpha now but we aren't investing for today are we so we will wait for tomorrow.

They make holocaust jokes.

Why did so many Jews go to Auschwitz? The fare was free.

How many Jews can you fit in a Volkswagen? Two in the front, two in the back, and the rest in the ashtray.

Why did the Auschwitz shower heads have 12 holes? Because Jews have 10 fingers.

What is the difference between a bar of soap and a Jew? Answer: A bar of soap doesn’t die after 45 seconds in the shower.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Another lie:
    ...Which father would that be tough? lolz
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Ron Paul wouldn't have chosen a neocon as the economic adviser to his Presidential campaign..

As far as your investment strategies, we will see, you may have the bigger alpha now but we aren't investing for today are we so we will wait for tomorrow.
    My investment strategy is still the same. For the money that you can't afford to lose:

25% in gold. *This is significantly more gold, by the way, than Peter Schiff recommends!* Solid, actual gold. No mining stocks.
    25% in stocks. Total stock market fund. No individual bets.
    25% in 30-year US Treasury Bonds. Weird choice, I know, but it works. This is essentially the anti-gold in the portfolio.
    25% in cash, in the form of a ladder of short-term treasury bills or notes, and also month-to-month expenses in an easily accessible form, such as a checking account or simply paper cash. This is the anti-stocks.

This covers everything, by the way. Your whole wad. Cash reserve is built in to the portfolio -- no additional cash reserve is needed (as in all or virtually all other investment plans).

The beauty of this plan: it just goes along. Hum de dum de dum. I hardly ever even check it, and I never worry about it. I am not tempted to move in and out of positions, a practice that almost always results in losing massive amounts of money (vs. what you could have had sitting tight).

No excitement. And yet good gains. The top chart in this bank of charts sums it up. Blue, blue, blue... bo-o-o-orring. The chart for the traditional 60-40 split far more vibrantly exciting and colorful. That's a bad thing.

Good bet that mapping out a Schiff portfolio for the past couple decades is gonna give really colorful picture, too. Not to pick on him. Betting on and the shifting fortunes of mining companies and South-east Asian countries is a fine thing to do -- with money you can afford to lose. But not with the converse, not with your retirement, not with your life savings. In my opinion.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    I would go with Option B.

To my understanding, the opposite position relies on the bald assumption that the documentary and oral evidence was forged/coerced.
    But a lot of it were forced and coerced, there is no denying that the German prisoners of war were tortured in captivity, one even came to the court room with a blood mouth, one of the female was raped and impregnated by her captors. Assumption? not really.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    But a lot of it were forced and coerced, there is no denying that the German prisoners of war were tortured in captivity, one even came to the court room with a blood mouth, one of the female was raped and impregnated by her captors. Assumption? not really.
    To take one example, the commandant of the Auschwitz camp testified to the goings on there, IIRC.

What evidence is there that his testimony was coerced?

And then, apart from such specifics, Hitler and other top party members made numerous public speeches about extermination through the 30s.

Surely no one is denying that the NSDAP was radically anti-semitic?
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 05-19-2018 at 11:03 PM.

To take one example, the commandant of the Auschwitz camp testified to the goings on there, IIRC.

And then, apart from such specifics, Hitler and other top party members made numerous public speeches about extermination through the 30s.

https://rudolfhoess.wordpress.com/tag/nuremberg-trials/

You can read some of the details here.

One of the prisoners talking about the torture he received.

Lastly, you can read some of the critiques about the so called justice delivered at the trials and ask yourself this question. Would the people conducting this already unfair trial have any qualms using torture? I think the answer is no.

Also, please give evidence of Hitler and other public officials making statements about exterminating Jews? Words and evidence of gas chambers would make even the most staunch skeptic believe in the allies claims of gas chambers

Lets not forget Ilse Koch becoming pregnant after being captured by the allied forces. I am sure even you doesn't condone prison guards having sex with female prisoners. But this cannot be said for the people trying the captured Germans.

Lets not forget Ilse Koch becoming pregnant after being captured by the allied forces. I am sure even you doesn't condone prison guards having sex with female prisoners. But this cannot be said for the people trying the captured Germans.
    I don't know who you're referencing, or what this has to do with the actions of the German socialist state.

Lastly, you can read some of the critiques about the so called justice delivered at the trials and ask yourself this question. Would the people conducting this already unfair trial have any qualms using torture? I think the answer is no.

Also, please give evidence of Hitler and other public officials making statements about exterminating Jews? Words and evidence of gas chambers would make even the most staunch skeptic believe in the allies claims of gas chambers
    Alright

Quote Originally Posted by Hitler 1920
    "This is the first demand we must raise and do [reversal of the Versailles Treaty provisions]: that our people be set free, that these chains be burst asunder, that Germany be once again captain of her soul and master of her destinies, together with all those who want to join Germany. (Applause) And the fulfillment of this first demand will then open up the way for all the other reforms. And here is one thing that perhaps distinguishes us from you [Austrians] as far as our programme is concerned, although it is very much in the spirit of things: our attitude to the Jewish problem.

For us, this is not a problem you can turn a blind eye to-one to be solved by small concessions. For us, it is a problem of whether our nation can ever recover its health, whether the Jewish spirit can ever really be eradicated. Don't be misled into thinking you can fight a disease without killing the carrier, without destroying the bacillus. Don't think you can fight racial tuberculosis without taking care to rid the nation of the carrier of that racial tuberculosis. This Jewish contamination will not subside, this poisoning of the nation will not end, until the carrier himself, the Jew, has been banished from our midst. (Applause)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitler, 1922
    If I am ever really in power, the destruction of the Jews will be my first and most important job. As soon as I have power, I shall have gallows after gallows erected, for example, in Munich on the Marienplatz-as many of them as traffic allows. Then the Jews will be hanged one after another, and they will stay hanging until they stink. They will stay hanging as long as hygienically possible. As soon as they are untied, then the next group will follow and that will continue until the last Jew in Munich is exterminated. Exactly the same procedure will be followed in other cities until Germany is cleansed of the last Jew!"
    There are a couple.

Those are the deranged views of the little draft-dodger Adolf.

More?
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 05-21-2018 at 08:05 PM. Reason: horseshit formatting on RPF

It's a great tragedy that Germany-Austria lost the first war (they very well could have won with a bit better planning and cooperation).

...a near run thing.

This would have prevented both Adolf (who ought to have been shot for treason) and Lenin (likewise) from doing anything.

I'm always astounded that there are still NSDAP partisans.

..."Oh, no, I'm not a NAZI..."

And so, who else wants to defend their crimes?

Why?

If you were to insist that the Red Army in 1918-19 only "did what it had to do," you would be a bolshevik and deserve more than odium.

There is no difference.

Hitler, 1922. If I am ever really in power, the destruction of the Jews will be my first and most important job. As soon as I have power, I shall have gallows after gallows erected, for example, in Munich on the Marienplatz-as many of them as traffic allows. Then the Jews will be hanged one after another, and they will stay hanging until they stink. They will stay hanging as long as hygienically possible. As soon as they are untied, then the next group will follow and that will continue until the last Jew in Munich is exterminated. Exactly the same procedure will be followed in other cities until Germany is cleansed of the last Jew!"

This quote looked a little dubious, so I looked it up. It's actually from a 1955 document, which claims that these words were presented in their current form in 1945. It appears that a former German major and journalist, Josef Hell, interviewed Hitler in 1922 and made some notes to this effect. It's odd that I don't find any reference to Hell actually publishing this in 1922. Wouldn't this quote alone made for a popular story?

Hell discusses how Hitler was shouting when he uttered the above words. I don't see how Hell captures all of Hitler's words verbatim, especially when Hell said of Hitler, "...his explanation grew increasingly voluble until he fell into a kind of paroxysm that ended with his shouting, as if to a whole public gathering."

I'm not saying that Hitler did not have this sentiment or say words to that effect. You can speculate on whether Hitler's was only discussing the hanging of leading Marxist Jews. Maybe he thought he was discussing something off the record, and hence, really felt this way personally. I wonder if it's more likely that Hell just embellished this in the style of Capote's "non-fiction novel," especially since this was over two decades after the fact and some of the history was already likely being rewritten.

I think the embellishments get at the crux of what some of this was about. For example, the story about lampshades made from human skin was not demonstrated. If so much of this true, then why the embellishment? Were the allies wholly intent on taking any attention away from their own atrocities that they needed to do this? What was the reach of the UN Palestine commission pushing for Israel's creation shortly after the war?

Either way, words should not be in quotes unless it is reasonably demonstrated that someone actually said those exact words.

Source for your quote: http://www.ifz-muenchen.de/archiv/zs/zs-0640.pdf
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 05-23-2018 at 02:19 AM.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I don't know who you're referencing

Ilse Koch is the woman who was accused of making lampshades from human skin. The prosecution eventually dropped that charge.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    This quote looked a little dubious, so I looked it up. It's actually from a 1955 document, which claims that these words were presented in their current form in 1945. It appears that a former German major and journalist, Josef Hell, interviewed Hitler in 1922 and made some notes to this effect. It's odd that I don't find any reference to Hell actually publishing this in 1922. Wouldn't this quote alone made for a popular story?

Hell discusses how Hitler was shouting when he uttered the above words. I don't see how Hell captures all of Hitler's words verbatim, especially when Hell said of Hitler, "...his explanation grew increasingly voluble until he fell into a kind of paroxysm that ended with his shouting, as if to a whole public gathering."

I'm not saying that Hitler did not have this sentiment or say words to that effect. You can speculate on whether Hitler's was only discussing the hanging of leading Marxist Jews. Maybe he thought he was discussing something off the record, and hence, really felt this way personally. I wonder if it's more likely that Hell just embellished this in the style of Capote's "non-fiction novel," especially since this was over two decades after the fact and some of the history was already likely being rewritten.

I think the embellishments get at the crux of what some of this was about. For example, the story about lampshades made from human skin was not demonstrated. If so much of this true, then why the embellishment? Were the allies wholly intent on taking any attention away from their own atrocities that they needed to do this? What was the reach of the UN Palestine commission pushing for Israel's creation shortly after the war?

Either way, words should not be in quotes unless it is reasonably demonstrated that someone actually said those exact words.

Source for your quote: http://www.ifz-muenchen.de/archiv/zs/zs-0640.pdf
    A post of mine in The Vent:

I haven't come to an final opinion on this (The Holocaust) and have been reading several different POVs.

One thing that is very interesting is that when Patton became the leading force in defeated Germany, he came to the startling conclusion that everything that Hitler had said about the Jews was correct.

Not long after that, Patton mysteriously died in a car wreck.
    There is no spoon.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast