Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 'Nazi Grandma,' sentenced for denying Holocaust, goes to prison

Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    A post of mine in The Vent:

I haven't come to an final opinion on this (The Holocaust) and have been reading several different POVs.

One thing that is very interesting is that when Patton became the leading force in defeated Germany, he came to the startling conclusion that everything that Hitler had said about the Jews was correct.

Not long after that, Patton mysteriously died in a car wreck.

This thread here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...e-Holocaust-Is
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'll conclude by saying that I don't approve of the views expressed here and don't wish to be associated with them.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    This quote looked a little dubious, so I looked it up. It's actually from a 1955 document, which claims that these words were presented in their current form in 1945. It appears that a former German major and journalist, Josef Hell, interviewed Hitler in 1922 and made some notes to this effect. It's odd that I don't find any reference to Hell actually publishing this in 1922. Wouldn't this quote alone made for a popular story?

Hell discusses how Hitler was shouting when he uttered the above words. I don't see how Hell captures all of Hitler's words verbatim, especially when Hell said of Hitler, "...his explanation grew increasingly voluble until he fell into a kind of paroxysm that ended with his shouting, as if to a whole public gathering."

I'm not saying that Hitler did not have this sentiment or say words to that effect. You can speculate on whether Hitler's was only discussing the hanging of leading Marxist Jews. Maybe he thought he was discussing something off the record, and hence, really felt this way personally. I wonder if it's more likely that Hell just embellished this in the style of Capote's "non-fiction novel," especially since this was over two decades after the fact and some of the history was already likely being rewritten.

I think the embellishments get at the crux of what some of this was about. For example, the story about lampshades made from human skin was not demonstrated. If so much of this true, then why the embellishment? Were the allies wholly intent on taking any attention away from their own atrocities that they needed to do this? What was the reach of the UN Palestine commission pushing for Israel's creation shortly after the war?

Either way, words should not be in quotes unless it is reasonably demonstrated that someone actually said those exact words.

Source for your quote: http://www.ifz-muenchen.de/archiv/zs/zs-0640.pdf
    Thanks for the assist. I know these Hitler exterminations quotes are usually very dubious and always some hearsay sources. The man made so many recorded public speech and yet he never said anything about exterminating the jews, he wrote a manifesto and again said nothing. Also, we were told that the operation was so secretive that many Germans did not even know about it. Yet, some people want us to also believe that he was public and open about it.

Give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Thanks for the assist. I know these Hitler exterminations quotes are usually very dubious and always some hearsay sources. The man made so many recorded public speech and yet he never said anything about exterminating the jews, he wrote a manifesto and again said nothing. Also, we were told that the operation was so secretive that many Germans did not even know about it. Yet, some people want us to also believe that he was public and open about it.

Give me a break.

This summary sort of gives a decent framework:

Functionalism Versus Intentionalism

Functionalism (or structuralism) versus intentionalism is a historiographical debate about the origins of the Holocaust as well as most aspects of the Third Reich, such as foreign policy. The debate on the origins of the Holocaust centers on essentially two questions:

• Was there a master plan on the part of Adolf Hitler to launch the Holocaust? Intentionalists argue there was such a plan, while functionalists argue there was not.
    • Did the initiative for the Holocaust come from above with orders from Adolf Hitler or from below within the ranks of the German bureaucracy?

Extreme intentionalist interpretation

Extreme intentionalists believe that Hitler definitely had plans for the Holocaust by 1924, if not earlier. Dawidowicz argued that Hitler already decided upon the Holocaust no later than by 1919. To support her interpretation, Dawidowicz pointed to numerous extreme anti-Semitic statements made by Hitler. Criticism has centered on the fact that none of these statements refer to killing the entire Jewish people; indeed, very few refer to killing Jews at all. Only once in Mein Kampf does Hitler ever refer to killing Jews when he states that if only 12,000 to 15,000 Jews had been gassed instead of German soldiers in World War I, then "the sacrifice of millions at the front would not have been in vain." Given that Mein Kampf is 694 pages long, Dawidowicz's critics contend, she makes too much of one sentence. Daniel Goldhagen went further, suggesting that popular opinion in Germany was already sympathetic to a policy of Jewish extermination before the Nazi party came to power. He asserts in his book Hitler's Willing Executioners that Germany enthusiastically welcomed the persecution of Jews by the Nazi regime in the period 1933–39.

Moderate intentionalist interpretation

Moderate intentionalists such as Richard Breitman believe that Hitler had decided upon the Holocaust sometime in the late 1930s and certainly no later than 1939 or 1941. This school makes much of Hitler's "Prophecy Speech" of January 30, 1939 before the Reichstag where Hitler stated if "Jewish financiers" started another world war, then "...the result would be the annihilation of the entire Jewish race in Europe." The major problem with this thesis, as Yehuda Bauer points out, is that though this statement clearly commits Hitler to genocide, he made no effort after delivering this speech to have it carried out. Furthermore, Ian Kershaw has pointed out that there are several diary entries by Joseph Goebbels in late 1941, in which Goebbels writes that "the Führer's prophecy is coming true in a most terrible way." The general impression one gets is that Goebbels is quite surprised that Hitler was serious about carrying out the threat in the "Prophecy Speech."

Extreme functionalist interpretation

Extreme functionalists such as Götz Aly believe that the Nazi leadership had nothing to do with initiating the Holocaust and that the entire initiative came from the lower ranks of the German bureaucracy. This philosophy is what is known as the bottom-up approach of the Holocaust. Aly has made much of documents from the bureaucracy of the German Government-General of Poland arguing that the population of Poland would have to decrease by 25% to allow the Polish economy to grow. Criticism centers on the idea that this explanation does not really show why the Nazis would deport Jews from France and the Netherlands to death camps in Poland if it was Poland the Nazis were concerned with, and why the Jews of Poland were targeted instead of the random sample of 25% of the Polish population. Additional criticism of functionalism points out that Hitler and other Nazi leaders delayed railcars providing supplies to front line troops in the Soviet Union so that Jews could be deported by rail from the USSR to death camps thus demonstrating the pursuit of genocidal policies over pragmatic wartime actions.

Moderate functionalist interpretation

Moderate functionalists, such as Karl Schleunes and Christopher Browning, believe that the rivalry within the unstable Nazi power structure provided the major driving force behind the Holocaust. Moderate functionalists believe that the Nazis aimed to expel all of the Jews from Europe, but only after the failure of these schemes did they resort to genocide. This is sometimes referred to as the "crooked path" to genocide.

http://www.worldlibrary.org/articles...intentionalism

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Give me a break.

I think it's too bad that so many people in the world refuse to even discuss this. Some even think attempts to discuss mean you're a NAZI. It's ironic that imprisoning people today simply for an opinion is exactly what the NAZIs did.

Can we add a poll to this thread?

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    //
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 05-27-2018 at 01:44 PM.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

The ironic thing is this is totally something like the Nazis would do. You become what you hate apparently, in Europe.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesiv1 View Post
    Why have the Jews been kicked out of so many places?
    Apparently the host nations were not ready to embrace diversity. Now, that we have this shameful history behind us, let's concentrate on the future and the benefits the diversity brings to us.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234