Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NY AG Schneiderman Under Fire for Alleged Sexual Misconduct

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has named a special prosecutor to investigate allegations that former New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman abused four women.

Cuomo has appointed Nassau District Attorney Madeline Singas to look into the claims, which Schneiderman has denied and which first were reported by the New Yorker.
    "News of former Attorney General Eric Schneiderman's alleged improprieties as the State's chief legal officer are grossly disturbing and must be fully investigated," Cuomo said in a letter on Tuesday to Singas and Barbara Underwood, the acting state attorney general. "The brave women who chose to come forward deserve swift and definitive justice in this matter."
    Singas has been asked "to investigate, and if warranted, prosecute, any and all matters concerning the public allegations against Mr. Schneiderman, as reflected in the New Yorker article dated May 7, 2018 titled 'Four Women Accuse New York's Attorney General of Physical Abuse,' as well as any matters that may arise from this investigation," according to the letter.

Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance objected to Cuomo's announcement in a letter written directly to the governor a day after Vance said his office would investigate Schneiderman.
    "While I have absolute confidence that DA Singas can conduct a thorough and effective review (and putting aside the legality of the way you have framed this directive), I strongly object to this move, for a number of important reasons," Vance wrote, in part, saying he agreed that "the victims of sexual abuse and violence deserve no less than a conflict-free investigation."
    "However," Vance's letter continued, "the only potential conflict here is one of your creation: your recent directive that the AG’s office review, among other things, a 2015 investigation of Harvey Weinstein by my office and the NYPD. As I made clear to your office at the time, this review is an unwarranted intrusion by an elected executive into a charging decision by an independent prosecutor. The action, occurring on the very day your primary opponent announced her campaign for Governor, was viewed by some as politically motivated. I have no idea whether or not that is true. But more important, and beyond politics, it violated the separation of powers that is intended to promote confidence in the independence of our criminal justice system.
    "The fact that this earlier directive has now caused you to intrude further into the criminal process by "re-assigning" the Schneiderman matter away from my office to a different elected prosecutor — however skilled — only compounds the mistake of that earlier action. ... Put simply, no prosecutors are better equipped to investigate and pursue such cases in Manhattan than those in my office; we do so, in partnership with the NYPD, every single day."
    Cuomo issued a response to Vance's letter late Tuesday, which read in full:
    "Confronted with the reality of a conflict, we took action to ensure both the integrity of the investigation and the public's confidence in the process. In doing so, we put in place an elected official and independent prosecutor who could preside over the investigation without the specter of conflict or compromise. I view the District Attorney's editorial commentary as both inappropriate and misguided given the ongoing investigations."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/cuom...ry?id=55036584
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    A few of them sought treatment and I believe they kept seeing him. Personally, I can't wrap my head around why a women would stick with a man who treated them that way but I'm not a gun control advocate like one of the victims.
    That was my thought, exactly: And yet they kept dating him. This is what you call women who want power more than self respect.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Karma's a bitch.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    That was my thought, exactly: And yet they kept dating him. This is what you call women who want power more than self respect.
    Power attracts. He was about to be installed as a member of Hillary's cabinet.

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    He was not a real SJW? He was doing it just to get laid?
    Correct . Pretend commie on the bandwagon to score FRN's and dumb chicks .
    Do something Danke

Not only did Schneiderman’s bill make life-threatening strangulation a grave crime; it also criminalized less serious cases involving “an intent to impede breathing” as misdemeanors punishable by up to a year in prison. “I’m just sorry it took us so long in New York State to do this,” Schneiderman declared at the time. “I think this will save a lot of lives.”
    ...Unless of course you just happen to be a NYPD piggy.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Disgraced former New York Attorney General Eric Schniederman won't face charges after the prosecutor assigned to the case decided to close it following an "exhaustive review."
    Nassau County District Attorney Madeline Singas announced her decision Thursday after interviewing four women who had romantic relationships or encounters with him - concluding that "legal impediments, including statutes of limitations, preclude criminal prosecution."
    After establishing himself as a prominent fixture in the #MeToo movement, Schniederman resigned following a report in The New Yorker in which four women accused him of choking, hitting, and threatening them during brutal, alcohol-fueled sexual assaults.
    Two of Schneiderman's accusers did not reveal their identities, while the other two, Michelle Manning Barish and Tanya Selvaratnam, have come forward in full. All four accuse the New York Attorney General of heinous and abusive sexual assaults - along with threats, mental abuse, and stealing prescription medication.

More at: https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...e-schneiderman
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12