Thread: What about Dale Kerns, US Senate, PA?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Alright, he looks good. I just read the Foreign Policy, Economy, and War on Drugs sections and I likey.

Economy and Jobs

As your United States Senator, I will bring fiscal restraint to Washington, D.C. It is immoral and irresponsible to shackle future generations with ever-growing debt. I will introduce legislation to drastically simplify our tax code and will also sponsor the “Audit the Fed” bill which has previously been introduced to the Senate floor. I will also most importantly vote to cut wasteful spending, and will not take any programs off the table when it comes to debt reduction.

Foreign Policy

Further, the proliferation of the American military has led to an unnecessary presence around the world, with the U.S. holding an absurd 800 military bases in 70 countries. Too often, this continuous presence creates resentment among those in the nations where the U.S. is stationed, giving a propaganda tool to radical groups. This is of particular concern in the many nations where the U.S. government has toppled secular dictators, leaving a power vacuum. These troops should not be put in harm’s way any longer. Absent a significant, important national security reason, these military bases should be closed and these American heroes should be allowed to come home to their families.

As your United States Senator, I will make sure that any declarations of war are voted on by the Congress, as proscribed in the Constitution. I will also ensure that any military missions which continue forward are given a clear, articulable mission and exit strategy before they begin. I will vote against any effort to restart or expand the military draft and will vote to reform the VA system and give our veterans the quality healthcare they deserve.

War on Drugs

As your United States Senator, I will fight for a system which addresses addiction as the medical problem it is, rather than a criminal issue. I will work to create a system like in Portugal or Switzerland, where drug use is not romanticized, but those with substance issues are given requisite care and empathy in their battles to overcome addiction. Both those countries saw a sharp turn against addiction issues with their reforms, and I believe we can see the same.

The Democrats and Republicans always attempt to justify why they need to intervene in your life. They think they know what’s best for you. As your Senator, I will fight to defend your individual liberty. The government does not own you or your body — you do. The disastrous War on Drugs is a shining example of the pain and suffering that is caused when the government sticks their nose where it doesn’t belong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.