View Poll Results: What's the attraction?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Friends are what brings me here.

13 76.47%
  • Foes are what brings me here

4 23.53%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What draws you to RPFs, friends or foes?

What draws you to RPFs, friends or foes?

I was just wondering, what is the biggest draw for people here? Is it a place to hangout with friends of similar viewpoints or is it a place you know that you can have an intense debate?

So what's the draw, friends or foes?
    Last edited by RJB; 05-05-2018 at 10:18 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wish there was more debate. I like the people who present alternative viewpoints without trolling the best.

Overall, I like that this place has a more right leaning bent. That means what I consider less important issues like abortion, gay marriage, and pot aren't the major freedom issues discussed here.

I am a big AI fan working on chat bots.

Friends.

I come here for a little sanity and refreshment from all the foes, to be honest.

Morbid curiosity.
    "The Patriarch"

The ignorant foes require education, and the stupid ones need it a lot more often.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

free beer
    Do something Danke

The women.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    free beer
    I like the free beer too.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    The women.
    As long as you are not eyeballing mine .
    Do something Danke

Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Yes.
    The wine or the whine?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Yes.
    More choices .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    The wine or the whine?
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    More choices .
    Yes
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Both.
    You should have included more options in the poll.
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

The foes. $#@!posting will bring down the government.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Some of both, plus interesting articles, vids, and funny pics. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

All the free stuff.

I come here for the friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    All the free stuff.

Please box yourself using our labels. The information you provide will also be used to improve our ad targeting system to make sure the ads we serve to you remain relevant as your habits change. If there is anything preventing you from rating your experience with us at five stars please let us know. Thank you!

It looks like they're winning...

Nothing much, any more. I don't socialize and there is no reasonable debate.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    Nothing much, any more. I don't socialize and there is no reasonable debate.
    That's what's needed here a great big dose of reasonable.
    "The Patriarch"

I come for truth.

It usually starts with $#@!ing with the foes, or helping friends $#@! with the foes, but I stay for the nuances I pick up from friends in the process.

But to be honest, every once in a while a foe brings up a good point.

I don't assume truth is going to come from any particular place. And I don't think of any of you as friends or foes, really.... more like stereotypes. Some of you I'm likely to agree with. Others I'm likely to disagree with. And then, some members like Danno and Suz, are on a completely different wavelength from me and I just like the variety.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Friends, definitely.

We arent just here to have a big fat circle jerk of liberty. There are limits to what each person can do, and can think of. We each have our own points of view. When we validate basic ideas, its nice. But it is much deeper than that. We provide each other with arguments against Tyranny and Pro Liberty that each of us may not have considered before. Knowing many of those arguments that validate our own conclusions, but in ways we had not considered before. Arguments that tend to be suppressed by MSM and other censoring monopolies like Youtube and Fedbook.

Take guns as an argument. Why do we need a Right to have guns? Oh, we need to shoot teachers and rob and only commit crimes. So what does MSM do? Ban all guns! Ban ban ban! Ban hammer! Make them illegal, leave the criminals (both thieves and govt) with guns and deprive the Law Abiding Citizen of their Right to Bear Arms. The conclusion is that laws only punish the honest man. This is HOW we resist propaganda.

Another argument is privacy. MSM will continually spout "nothing to fear, nothing to hide". And, "if you obey the law, you have nothing to fear". The MSM lies by excluding other facts. Facts such as "... right and wrong is subjective". People tend to be very open about many details of their lives, which are not illegal, and its those legal opinions that get you in more trouble than doing something illegal. For me, the idea of Privacy first started when I was written up at work and suspended for something that I did not do at work at all. I went to a bar, and gave an honest opinion of my job and said it flat out sucks and was dead end. I maintain that opinion to this day. However, word of that opinion got back to my boss and I was written up and suspended for it. Without Privacy, everything is subject to approval.

Yet another common topic is Money. Money is quite an important topic as it is one of the three primary things used to have absolute power over a population. Honest Money frees people from the clutches of Money Manipulators. Dishonest money, likewise, enslaves people to the will of Money Manipulators. Since this is a Prime method of controlling people, there will always be those that argue in defense of Dishonest Money, like Zippy and others.

Going further, we have Rights for a reason. But those are not the only things we need to be aware of. Each of us has a limited understanding of the specifics of methods of control. Our Friends here first validate our own points of view and provide us different ways of understanding why we have Rights and how to spot their methods of manipulation. The three BIG topics are Money, Belief, and Violence. Govt uses Violence to control its people. Get out of line and you'll be shot, beaten, fined, or imprisoned. Being imprisoned is just as much a form of Violence as denying people a Right to eat or breathe. But Govt does not have absolute control of the people by way of Violence alone, as those other BIG topics work just as effectively against Govt as it is against the people. People that work for Govt in any capacity, from the Politician to the Cop to the HR Lady that looks at you cross and rejects your application for a technical job because you fail their personality test. They are all of them as susceptible to being controlled by Money and Belief. Money, when in an Honest Money System, enables the people a non violent way to reign in government. Oh, gonna get violent against people? Then we stop paying you for your "services". Belief enables government to "pave the road to hell with good intentions". They really think what they are doing is right, fair, and honest.

The entire purpose of this forum is for us to utilize our First Amendment Right, while we still have it, to enable others to learn better ways to protect a set of Beliefs, as well as having a deeper understanding of our Rights, Consequences and Methods of Tyranny. Freedom can become popular again when people learn why freedom is the only path for every individual person on earth to become their highest and best versions of themselves.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

That's what's needed here a great big dose of reasonable.
    Few want to hear it..

I'm here for the friends of liberty.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Morbid curiosity.
    This
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast