Thread: Trump Wants Colin Kaepernick, and Kanye West for Summit on Race

Trump Wants Colin Kaepernick, and Kanye West for Summit on Race

President Donald Trump has given the green light to multiple meetings with athletes and musical artists to discuss race, Cleveland-based pastor Darrell Scott, an outside adviser to the White House adviser, tells PEOPLE.
    “He is 100 percent for it,” says Scott, who spoke with Trump for about 20 minutes in the Oval Office following an outdoor ceremony at the White House for Thursday’s National Day of Prayer. “He was very enthusiastic about it.”
    Kanye West, who recently had a Twitter love-fest with Trump, has been invited, says Scott, along with former NFL star Colin Kaepernick and other athletes and musicians of multiple races and ethnicities.
    “It’s not going to be a black-only event,” says Scott. “It will be a melting pot.”

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...003917733.html
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wonder how many Muslims will be there.

"What's your race?"
    "Black. What's your race?"
    "White."

Will there be Crusader Kings?

So called 'Obama beer summit' was also over police actions.
    Kaepernick is far less controversial now during the final year of Trump Presidency than he was in the past:

Opinion

Now do you understand why Colin Kaepernick took a knee to protest police brutality? | Jenice Armstrong

May 28, 2020
    Jenice Armstrong
    Ted S. Warren / AP

Each time I mention Colin Kaepernick in a column, I hear from readers who don’t appreciate the former San Francisco 49er’s stance against police brutality toward African Americans.

I’m sure my inbox will fill up this time, too.
    But that’s fine.

I am genuinely curious as to what some of those who have emailed me in the past think about the viral video of a handcuffed George Floyd lying nearly motionless on the ground with a white police officer’s knee pressed against his neck for nine excruciating minutes. Do they brush it off?
    Do they assume that this 46-year-old black father, who was accused Monday of presenting a counterfeit bill in a Minneapolis store, deserved what he got?
    Do they pause, like me and so many others around the world, to watch in stunned horror as Floyd cries out for his mother and repeatedly tells the cop, “I can’t breathe?” Do their jaws hang like mine does as his life is literally snuffed out while under a police officer’s knee?

As they process what they see on that viral video, do their minds flash back to six years ago, when 43-year-old Eric Garner died in a similar fashion after being put in a choke hold by a New York City police officer?

And do they recognize the connection between what happened in Minnesota and what certain NFL players and Black Lives Matter activists have been protesting?
    inquirer.com/opinion/george-floyd-minnesota-colin-kaepernick-knee-nfl-jenice-armstrong-20200528.html

'Taking a knee' movement seems to be spreading.

1 day ago

4 hours ago

Flashback:

Donald Trump Jr. 'fixes' Nike ad featuring Colin Kaepernick in Facebook post

September 06, 2018
    Source: Associated Press

The president’s son has responded to Nike’s new “Just Do It” ad campaign featuring former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

The first ad, which also features LeBron James and Serena Williams, among others, has drawn both praise and criticism because of Kaepernick, since he began kneeling during the national anthem in the 2016 season.

Some have burned their Nike apparel in response.

Kaepernick is now a free agent who hasn’t been signed to a team since that season.

He tweeted a photo from the Nike campaign on Monday that reads, “Believe in Something. Even if it means sacrificing everything.”

His face is prominently featured in black and white.
    Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything. #JustDoIt pic.twitter.com/SRWkMIDdaO

— Colin Kaepernick (@Kaepernick7) September 3, 2018

In response, Donald Trump Jr. posted to Facebook using the same words, but instead used a black and white photo of President Donald Trump’s face.

“There, fixed it for you,” he said in the post.

Trump has also tweeted his view after Nike released Colin Kaepernick commercial featuring Lebron James and Serena Williams:

‘What was Nike thinking?’: Trump reacts to Nike ad featuring Colin Kaepernick
    September 7
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-opener-on-nbc

Nike Releases Full Colin Kaepernick Commercial Featuring LeBron James, Serena Williams & More

9/5/2018
    On the heels of a massive controversy surrounding Nike's new 30th anniversary ad campaign featuring Colin Kaepernick, the sports brand has released a full-length commercial featuring some of today's biggest athletes.

The clip, narrated by Kaepernick displays LeBron James and Serena Williams among others, encouraging success in everyone no matter what his or her background. At the end, the 49ers quarterback makes the statement, "Don't ask if your dreams are crazy. Ask if they're crazy enough."

"Believe in something. Even if it means sacrificing everything," Kaepernick wrote alongside his post, mirroring the slogan written on the black-and-white poster unveiled on Monday. See the full commercial below.

hes using his adversaries arsenal . gotta admit trump is clever, but the big question is : where is his allegiance to the republic?

Kaepernick, and Kanye. The last time there was such a great meeting of such giants of intellect was when Socrates and Plato lived in ancient Greece.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What a joke!

Sadly.

Unless someone like Larry Elder gets invited, this won't matter much imo.

Wonder what beers they will have!!!
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Err....good idea. The best and the brightest.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Surely theres better candidates out there than those two clowns.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    Surely theres better candidates out there than those two clowns.
    AF and TheTexan?
    "It's probably the biggest hoax since Big Foot!" - Mitt Romney 1-16-2012 SC Debate

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Kaepernick, and Kanye. The last time there was such a great meeting of such giants of intellect was when Socrates and Plato lived in ancient Greece.
    To be fair, his summit with Mrs Kanye West, reknowned Black Lives matter activist Kim Kardashian, was quite successful by all accounts. Trump won praise even from liberal media for working out some social justice issues then.

President Donald Trump has given the green light to multiple meetings with athletes and musical artists to discuss race, Cleveland-based pastor Darrell Scott, an outside adviser to the White House adviser, tells PEOPLE.
    “He is 100 percent for it,” says Scott, who spoke with Trump for about 20 minutes in the Oval Office following an outdoor ceremony at the White House for Thursday’s National Day of Prayer. “He was very enthusiastic about it.”
    Kanye West, who recently had a Twitter love-fest with Trump, has been invited, says Scott, along with former NFL star Colin Kaepernick and other athletes and musicians of multiple races and ethnicities.
    “It’s not going to be a black-only event,” says Scott. “It will be a melting pot.”

More at: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...003917733.html

Would he still be objective and right choice for such a summit if this reporting is confirmed?

Trump pal Kanye accuses his wife Kim Kardashian and her mother of 'white supremacy'

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.