Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chinese military lasers injure US military pilots in Africa

Chinese military lasers injure US military pilots in Africa

Chinese personnel at the country's first overseas military base in Djibouti have been using lasers to interfere with US military aircraft at a nearby American base, activity that has resulted in injuries to US pilots and prompted the US to launch a formal diplomatic protest with Beijing, two military officials told CNN.The US issued a notice to airmen "to exercise caution when flying in certain areas in Djibouti," which "was issued due to lasers being directed at US aircraft on a small number of separate occasions over the last few weeks," according to the notice obtained by CNN.
    "During one incident, there were two minor eye injuries of aircrew flying in a C-130 that resulted from exposure to military-grade laser beams, which were reported to have originated from the nearby Chinese base," the notice said.

More at: https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/03/polit...-+Most+Recent)
    Never attempt to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Robert Heinlein

Give a man an inch and right away he thinks he's a ruler

Groucho Marx

I love mankind…it’s people I can’t stand.

Linus, from the Peanuts comic

You cannot have liberty without morality and morality without faith

Alexis de Torqueville

Those who fail to learn from the past are condemned to repeat it.
    Those who learn from the past are condemned to watch everybody else repeat it

A Zero Hedge comment

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I know a solution to this problem.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by TheTexan View Post
    I know a solution to this problem.
    Nuke China?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Nuke China?
    I was going to suggest we just cluster bomb their base in Africa, but that works too

Chinese personnel at the country's first overseas military base
    their first and soon to be their last
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Nuke China?
    Nah , he would eliminate the chinese base in Djibouti . Since they attacked us it is kind of hard to make a case that that is not a reasonable response . At any rate , I would no longer be listening to people who know nothing of steel talk about tariffs .

I was going to suggest we just cluster bomb their base in Africa, but that works too

their first and soon to be their last
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Nah , he would eliminate the chinese base in Djibouti . Since they attacked us it is kind of hard to make a case that that is not a reasonable response .
    I expected a Texican to think much bigger, I'm disappointed.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Like myself he could just be elated korea finally surrendered and Oyarde won .
    Do something Danke

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I also heard a rumor Texans are boycotting chinese food on Thurs in response .
    Do something Danke

I just found out I had to pay > $6 per can of oysters, if I want a product from the USA. All mainstream brands are from china - every mother grabbin one.

Same with crawdads... who the fk has to import crawdads? What have we come to?

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

They have chineese food in Texas?

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

They have chineese food in Texas?
    In San Antonio on the military highway is the Chinese Inn , the Sichuan House and the Golden Wok on Wurzbach road , Royal Inn Oriental , Regent Hunan and Kings Bowl Chinese on Babcock road , Tang Street Chinese on San Pedro , Hong Kong on the Nacogdoches road , Li's on Huebner , Gin on Glen Ridge , Lung Fung on Brook Hollow , Wu's on Judson and 109 others , I think .
    Do something Danke

In another victory for texans yesterdays close on West Texas Light Sweet Crude Oil was up 68 cents to 67.93 .

Maybe some kids near the Chinese base were playing with a lazer pen.

Saying Djibouti is a lot more fun than typing Djibouti.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

You can't just go directly into all-out war with China, you have to build up to it

this way LMT goes up way higher over many years
    - Kim Kardashian

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nah , he would eliminate the chinese base in Djibouti . Since they attacked us it is kind of hard to make a case that that is not a reasonable response . At any rate , I would no longer be listening to people who know nothing of steel talk about tariffs .

Use the Neutron bomb so we can takeover base later with structures still intact.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Use the Neutron bomb so we can takeover base later with structures still intact.
    But that isn't as much fun as using bows and arrows.

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

The savagery.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

But that isn't as much fun as using bows and arrows.
    Flaming arrows . That way after they are dead the air is filled with the smell of burning flesh . Everyone always acts all surprised when you kick in the door and shoot them in the throat with a flaming arrow . Like they did not know what caused it in the first place . Yeah , right .
    Last edited by oyarde; 05-03-2018 at 05:40 PM.
    Do something Danke

That is probably why you were an officer . Or , you could just tell them to stop or I will be coming and they will surrender .
    Do something Danke

Why are pilots in Africa?

Seems like They ran into Anti-Spy defenses.

And now the Chinese know that they work. Good Job in Field Testing.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Given it was built by China, the structures are almost certainly not up to code. Likely need to be destroyed anyway.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Need an outpost in Africa in case the continent ever decides to turn their spears against us
    - Kim Kardashian

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post

Seems like They ran into Anti-Spy defenses.

And now the Chinese know that they work. Good Job in Field Testing.
    There has been a special operations base there for a long time . ( Camp Lemonnier , I think ) I know it was there in 2001 , probably a little before .

Need an outpost in Africa in case the continent ever decides to turn their spears against us
    That is where the guys who shoot Somali pirates come out of . Just blame somalia . somalians have a lot in common with Danke , you can blame them for almost everything .
    Last edited by oyarde; 05-04-2018 at 06:34 AM.
    Do something Danke

There has been a special operations base there for a long time . ( Camp Lemonnier , I think ) I know it was there in 2001 , probably a little before .
    Ah,, They shouldn't look at the Chinese then. If they aren't looking at them the laser wouldn't hurt them.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Laser attacks against U.S. forces have spread out of Africa into the Pacific. U.S. personnel operating in the East China Sea area have been the victim of blinding laser attacks similar to those that took place earlier this year in Djibouti. The attacks, conducted with nonlethal lasers were reportedly carried out by Chinese nationals.
    Earlier this year the Pentagon issued a NOTAM, or “Notice to Airmen” warning U.S. pilots of “unauthorized laser activity” resulting in injury to an unspecified number of U.S. personnel in the skies over Djibouti. The lasers originated on or very near China’s first overseas military base, just 8.3 miles from the American base, and according to U.S. officials, Chinese nationals were involved. The U.S. issued a formal complaint to China, which denied the accusations.
    Now the U.S. is reporting similar attacks in the East China Sea, where more than 20 incidents have reportedly taken place. According to Aviation Week & Space Technology, as the attacks are increasing they are also involving more laser frequency bands.
    China has been accused of developing and marketing anti-eye lasers, weapons whose use in wartime would constitute a violation of international law. These weapons include the BBQ-905 Laser Dazzler Weapon, the WJG-2002 Laser Gun, the PY132A Blinding Laser Weapon, and the PY131A Blinding Laser Weapon.

The U.S. Indo-Pacific Command confirmed to AvWeek that the laser strikes are taking place both from shore and fishing vessels. It’s not clear where the shore attacks are taking place, but China trains and offers subsidies to fishing boat crews to act as what observers call China’s “maritime militia." Fleets of fishing boats often sail into territory claimed by China as a precursor to China’s claiming the region for itself, to hassle other fishermen and local coast guards, and to act as the eyes and ears of the Chinese military.
    Pointing lasers at low-flying American planes would fall in line with the maritime militia’s duties, allowing the Chinese government to demonstrate that U.S. forces aren't welcome in an area without using official Chinese military or coast guard forces.

The increasing sophistication of these lasers implies Chinese state support for the laser attacks. There’s also the question as to how simple fishing boat crews can tell U.S. military planes from civilian planes without direction from someone with access to radar.

More at: https://www.popularmechanics.com/mil...o-the-pacific/

Robert Heinlein

Groucho Marx

Alexis de Torqueville

A Zero Hedge comment

Given it was built by China, the structures are almost certainly not up to code. Likely need to be destroyed anyway.
    True.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast