Thread: Trump: Administration 'seriously thinking' about adding 'Space Force' to military

Trump: Administration 'seriously thinking' about adding 'Space Force' to military

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/38...ce-to-military

Expand the war on illegal aliens?

President Trump on Tuesday said his administration is “seriously thinking” about creating a new military branch known as the “Space Force.”

“You will be part of the five proud branches of the United States Armed Forces: Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force and the Coast Guard. And we’re actually thinking of a sixth, and that would be the Space Force,” Trump said in the White House Rose Garden while presenting the Commander-in-Chief's Trophy to the Army football team.

“Does that make sense?" he asked. "You probably haven’t even heard that. I’m just telling you now because we’re getting very big in space, both militarily and for other reasons. And we are seriously thinking of the Space Force."

Trump in March first pushed for the idea of creating a new military branch that would specialize in fighting and policy in space.

“You know, I was saying it the other day — because we’re doing a tremendous amount of work in space — I said, 'Maybe we need a new force, we’ll call it the Space Force.' And I was not really serious, and then I said, 'What a great idea, maybe we’ll have to do that. That could happen,'” Trump said during a speech at Air Station Miramar in San Diego at the time.

The endorsement was met with mixed reactions from lawmakers.

Rep. Mike Rogers (R-Ala.), who last year led a failed effort with Rep. Jim Cooper (D-Tenn.) to establish a space corps within the Air Force, praised Trump’s comments.

“Looking forward to working with [Trump] on this initiative!” Rogers wrote on Twitter.

But Sen. Bill Nelson (D-Fla.) — who last year opposed establishing a space corps — has said he’s not a fan of the proposal.

“I’m not too keen on ripping space out of the Air Force and creating a space corps,” Nelson said in March.

Despite the protests, lawmakers on the House Armed Services Strategic Forces Subcommittee are moving forward with a push to build up a space war fighting unit, as marked in its portion of the annual defense policy bill.

Though it would not be the separate military branch as floated by Trump, it would create a new numbered unit within the Air Force as well as a sub-unified command that would report to Strategic Command.

Air Force leaders, Defense Secretary James Mattis and Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Joseph Dunford have already opposed a similar idea. Last year, they pushed back against a plan to create a separate space corps within the Air Force, warning it would be premature and add burdensome bureaucracy to the service.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    oh good.

Another Nimrod wants war with God.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    oh good.

Another Nimrod wants war with God.
    Why do you hate America?
    "The Patriarch"

Rep. Mike Rogers (R-Ala.), who last year led a failed effort with Rep. Jim Cooper (D-Tenn.) to establish a space corps within the Air Force, praised Trump’s comments.

Air Force Space Command (AFSPC), sometimes referred to informally as
    U.S. Space Command, is a major command of the United States Air Force, with its headquarters at Peterson Air Force Base, Colorado.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Why do you hate America?
    I graduated from space cadet to Space Ranger long ago.

I don't need them in my space.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

When the aliens invade we're going to need Danke to take command and save the planet.
    "The Patriarch"

Perfect way to tie in Bernie Sanders "everyone a government employee." If Star Trek fans weren't such progressives they'd be having orgasims right now.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It is our manifest destiny to spend several hundred billion dollars filling near earth orbit with debris.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Perfect way to tie in Bernie Sanders "everyone a government employee." If Star Trek fans weren't such progressives they'd be having orgasims right now.
    I used to be a regular star trek watcher, I'm not getting a thrill down my leg.
    "The Patriarch"

Old $#@!ers such as yourself probably watched it as a current weekly series. Young, virile and sexy adult males, such as myself, watched it on the late night analog sci-fi/creature feature channel as a re-run. And grew out of it when we discovered "sex, drugs and rock-n-roll." The "Trekkies?" Their a bit different from you and me.

Old $#@!ers such as yourself probably watched it as a current weekly series. Young, virile and sexy adult males, such as myself, watched it on the late night analog sci-fi/creature feature channel as a re-run. And grew out of it when we discovered "sex, drugs and rock-n-roll." The "Trekkies?" Their a bit different from you and me.
    I'm also a "space enthusiast" (not a fan of Star Trek though), and this doesn't send a tingle up my leg either.

The exploration and ultimate economic exploitation of space can only be carried out by private enterprise.

This...is just paying Boeing obscene amounts of money to shoot horse$#@! into orbit which will later be an obstacle (debris) to real work.

You youngsters that never understood virility and much less ever had it couldn't possibly understand.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    I'm also a "space enthusiast" (not a fan of Star Trek though), and this doesn't send a tingle up my leg either.

The exploration and ultimate economic exploitation of space can only be carried out by private enterprise.

This...is just paying Boeing obscene amounts of money to shoot horse$#@! into orbit which will later be an obstacle (debris) to real work.
    Pretty sure most of us know that. Which is why I tied it into Bernie Sanders "Government Jobs for all," bull$#@!.

This is highly debated - some people think star trek is about fascism.

Some people see libertarianism

You youngsters that never understood virility and much less ever had it couldn't possibly understand.
    I'm so viril I didn't have to castrate my pitt-bull. I just looked at him and his nuts dropped on the floor. Alpha is Alpha. It's not like I can just shut it off.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    This is highly debated - some people think star trek is about fascism.

Some people see libertarianism

In the name of full disclosure, I had never heard the term libertarian back then.
    "The Patriarch"

I'm so viril I didn't have to castrate my pitt-bull. I just looked at him and his nuts dropped on the floor. Alpha is Alpha. It's not like I can just shut it off.
    Can you stop looking at China, you are making them paranoid

China installs cruise missiles on South China Sea outposts: CNBC report

China has installed anti-ship cruise missiles and surface-to-air missile systems on three of its outposts in the South China Sea, U.S. news network CNBC reported on Wednesday, citing sources with direct knowledge of U.S. intelligence reports.

9:13PM EDT

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Can you stop looking at China, you are making them paranoid
    China men fear my castrated pitt-bull. That's why I haven't seen them on my property. If they can't get past the pit-bull, the non-aggressive, can't hold his licker, hound, then why should I sweat it? Or why should they sweat me? If they would let me know what terminal to pick them up at CLT we might have a fine time together.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Expanse_(TV_series)

Been watching..

A lot closer than Star Trek.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 05-02-2018 at 09:31 PM.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

I cant stop laughing... "we’re getting very big in space". Thank you hillary clinton, and the democrat party. The vote against hillary has led us to this freak show, may you all rot in hell.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

This was predicted in the 1980's propaganda cartoon series "StarCom"... to be fair, it was a pretty cool cartoon and I do attribute it to a lot of my interest in space and aviation:

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst