Thread: [Glenn Jacobs] wins the Republican primary in Tennessee mayoral race

[Glenn Jacobs] wins the Republican primary in Tennessee mayoral race

In the ring, he’s Kane, a “monstrous” wrestler with a “sadistic” streak. But to East Tennesseans, he’s also Glenn Jacobs, the owner of a local insurance firm who wants to “do his part” to grow small business and shrink big government.

In a battle Tuesday between the two, it looks like Jacobs, who’s running for mayor of Knox County, Tenn., won. The 7-foot-tall, 300-pound WWE athlete clinched the Republican primary election by just 17 votes.

“A lot of people look at me and say, ‘Oh, he’s that wrestler guy. That’s why people voted for him,’” Jacobs, 51, told Knox News. “That may have gotten my foot in the door with some people. Certainly, the novelty of someone like me running in a race like this, but in the end it was the message.”
    hxxps://www.washingtonpost.com/news/reliable-source/wp/2018/05/02/wwes-kane-wins-the-republican-primary-in-tennessee-mayoral-race/?utm_term=.013c344d7ef8
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In other cities, Nashville mayor David Briley saw his 36% with the transit vote. That little $9Billion boondoggle went down in flames.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    In other cities, Nashville mayor David Briley saw his 36% with the transit vote. That little $9Billion boondoggle went down in flames.
    Briley must be a big name there. I usually jump on the Briley Parkway when I pass through Nashville.

Quote Originally Posted by euphemia View Post
    I think it really died with Megan Barry's political career. She should come back as a reality TV star though. That worked for Kim Kardashian.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by RJB View Post
    Briley must be a big name there. I usually jump on the Briley Parkway when I pass through Nashville.
    Briley Parkway is named after his grandfather who was also a mayor of Nashville.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Grandad.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Briley Parkway is named after his grandfather who was also a mayor of Nashville.
    Are they anything like the Daley machine in Chicago?

Are they anything like the Daley machine in Chicago?
    I don't think they're nearly as powerful. Dailey would have gotten that train vote through.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Time for him to do some wrestling moves on the democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I think it really died with Megan Barry's political career.
    Bingo... the machine didn't have enough political clout left to ram it through when she got caught with her pants down... literally
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst