Thread: Macron Changes Trump's Tune: 'We're Staying In Syria'

Macron Changes Trump's Tune: 'We're Staying In Syria'

Macron Changes Trump's Tune: 'We're Staying In Syria'

That was quick! Just a month after President Trump vowed to get US troops out of Syria "like, soon," a visit from French President Macron has him singing a different tune. Now he's vowed to remain in Syria to prevent Iran from "controlling the Mediterranean." Macron even bragged about convincing Trump to flip flop!
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well I guess Macron Trumps Rand. (Pun very much intended).
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

What the White House said:

"The US mission has not changed, the president has been clear that he wants US forces to come home as quickly as possible," Sanders said in a statement.
    "We are determined to completely crush ISIS [Islamic State] and create the conditions that will prevent its return."

"In addition, we expect our regional allies and partners to take greater responsibility both militarily and financially for securing the region."

What Macron intially said:

In a televised interview on Sunday held to mark a year as president, he told reporters that "I assure you, we have convinced him [Trump] to stay long-term" in Syria.

He also said he had stressed to the US that airstrikes in Syria had to be limited to attacking chemical weapons facilities.

Macron repeatedly emphasized that France, the US and the UK were the three members of the UN Security Council taking the lead in tackling the Syria conflict together.

What Macron said after the White House's response:

Macron on Monday clarified his comments: "I am right to say that the United States, because they decided to carry out this intervention, have realised that our responsibility goes beyond the fight against Daesh (IS) and that it was also a humanitarian responsibility on the ground and a long-term responsibility to build peace."

"The White House is right to recall that the military engagement is against Daesh and will finish the day that the war against Daesh has been completed. France has the same position."I suggested no change last night.

French, US presence in Syria: The United States has about 2,000 special forces in northeastern Syria embedded with the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), a mixed Kurdish and Arab force fighting IS and seeking to stabalize areas under their control. France has an unknown number of special forces advising the SDF alongside the United States. Both countries conduct air patrols and airstrikes against IS. The US and French presence is also viewed as a deterrent against an attack on SDF areas by Turkey or the Syrian regime and its allies.

Embarrassment for Macron: The fact that the US so quickly contradicted his comments drew international attention. Last year, when attending the Bastille Day celebrations in Paris, Trump spoke of his "unbreakable friendship" with Macron and Macron said of the US: "Nothing will ever separate us."

Pulling out all the stops on the annual holiday, and displaying France's military might, Macron attempted to show that France is back on the international stage, ready to stand shoulder to shoulder with the US, in particular.
    http://www.dw.com/en/syria-trump-sti...ent/a-43400250
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    "The US mission has not changed, the president has been clear that he wants US forces to come home as quickly as possible," Sanders said in a statement.
    "We are determined to completely crush ISIS [Islamic State] and create the conditions that will prevent its return."

"In addition, we expect our regional allies and partners to take greater responsibility both militarily and financially for securing the region."
    http://www.dw.com/en/syria-trump-sti...ent/a-43400250
    So when is Daesh expected to be "crushed" and what conditions will prevent their return? It sounds like Trump just gave a recipe for staying in Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan indefinitely. Oh, and Daesh is in Libya, gotta put boots on the ground there. And they are in Nigeria and other African countries. Need boots on the ground there. And they are in the U.S. Martial law here.

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Well I guess Macron Trumps Rand. (Pun very much intended).
    The only person surprised by this is Rand. ( also @dannno and @phill4paul)

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post

Speaking of which, this thread was already debunked in another thread.

Not Ron Paul's fault really, except that he took what the mainstream media said and didn't wait 48 hours to verify that it was true.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post

Just more of your Rand bashing on a Ron and Rand Paul site. Meh.