Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ford To Stop Selling Every Car In North America But the Mustang, Focus Active

Ford To Stop Selling Every Car In North America But the Mustang, Focus Active

https://tech.slashdot.org/story/18/0...g-focus-active

Ford today announced it will phase out most cars it sells in North America. According to its latest financial release, the auto giant "will transition to two vehicles" -- the Mustang and an unannounced vehicle, the Focus Active, being the only traditional cars it sells in the region. Ford sees 90 percent of its North America portfolio in trucks, utilities and commercial vehicles. Citing a reduction in consumer demand and product profitability, Ford is in turn not investing in the next generation of sedans. The Taurus is no more. The press release also talks about a new type of vehicle, though it sounds like a crossover. This so-called white space vehicle will "combine the best attributes of cars and utilities, such as higher ride height, space and versatility." Currently, Ford sells six sedans and coupes in North America: the Fiesta, Focus, Fusion, C-Max, Mustang and Taurus. This lineup hits multiple segments, from the compact Fiesta to the mid-size Focus, C-Max and Fusion to the full-size Taurus. The Mustang stands alone as the lone coupe.
    Not sure if I believe this will ever happen...
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thank you Uncle Sucker.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Thank you Uncle Sucker.
    Are you referring to the auto bailout which everybody but Ford took? And fascism grand?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Probably tired of the CAFE bull$#@!. That's why they are staying in the truck and commercial vehicle business.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Are you referring to the auto bailout which everybody but Ford took? And fascism grand?
    No, the fatwas that make it next to impossible to build and sell a full size sedan.

Sounds like a responsible move to me. We know what happened (will happen again) to apple when the company loses focus <not_a_pun>. One of the reasons why I find Amazon so interesting - they seem to be, at least at the moment, defying this distraction principle. Maybe ford should start selling flatware?

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Ford Will Stop Selling Nearly All North American Cars

So much winning?

Ford Will Stop Selling Nearly All North American Cars; Refocus Only On Trucks And SUVs
    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...rucks-and-suvs

No, the fatwas that make it next to impossible to build and sell a full size sedan.
    I can see it coming already. Just wait until trucks are required to be registered to a business instead of individuals. Business use only for those gas guzzlers!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ford needs to stop selling things period.

We bought a new explorer last year and the weatherstripping is coming off in several places. The driver side door panel is warping and is not seated along the window, there was a recall for something on the door panel not being right, just got it back from the shop they said the recall wasn’t for THAT part, it was for another part of the door panel.

Wife was livid, she gave them hell when she picked it up. She drove my truck today.(Chevy-not a thing wrong with it, bought it new in 2013.) I’m supposed to take her explorer back to ford today to see what the heck they plan on doing to fix it. This model explorer was $46k. I don’t think the door panel should be warping after >2 years
    No - No - No - No

Rumors are going from 6 models to 2 models . A lot of savings there . Probably mostly selling F 150's anyway .

Think of all the jobs this will create at the other manufacturers!! Genius!

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post

We bought a new explorer last year and the weatherstripping is coming off in several places. The driver side door panel is warping and is not seated along the window, there was a recall for something on the door panel not being right, just got it back from the shop they said the recall wasn’t for THAT part, it was for another part of the door panel.

Wife was livid, she gave them hell when she picked it up. She drove my truck today.(Chevy-not a thing wrong with it, bought it new in 2013.) I’m supposed to take her explorer back to ford today to see what the heck they plan on doing to fix it. This model explorer was $46k. I don’t think the door panel should be warping after >2 years
    The Ford SUV never been an impressive vehicle at all . The Chevy Blazer got $#@!ty gas mileage but better . Now they do not even make them anymore . SUV market is just surrendered to the japanese companies I guess .
    Do something Danke

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-28-2018 at 09:57 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    Made in America craftmanship
    I wonder how much of the door assemblage is done by a robot?

Quote Originally Posted by Voluntarist View Post
    Made in America craftmanship
    Twenty bucks says it was made in Mexico or Canada.

Meanwhile the highest quality and best selling sedans, the Honda Accord and Toyota Camry?

Made in Ohio and Kentucky.

xxxxx
    Last edited by Voluntarist; 07-28-2018 at 09:57 PM.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you post to the internet can and will be used to humiliate you.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    The Ford SUV never been an impressive vehicle at all . The Chevy Blazer got $#@!ty gas mileage but better . Now they do not even make them anymore . SUV market is just surrendered to the japanese companies I guess .
    Which SUV has the highest towing capacity
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

What are you planning on smuggling this time?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Twenty bucks says it was made in Mexico or Canada.

Meanwhile the highest quality and best selling sedans, the Honda Accord and Toyota Camry?

Made in Ohio and Kentucky.
    All the best cars and forktrucks pretty well made between Michigan and Alabama best I can tell .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    What are you planning on smuggling this time?
    I'd like to be able to tow a boat to a beach and then smuggle a surfboard off the coast of a private ranch to surf.

Also wouldn't mind a camping trailer.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

I never towed anything with an SUV . Nor would I buy one with that purpose in mind . I have a full size truck for that . Watch out riding with Danke , he will put that bucket of chum in the Ford SUV and you will smell like it by the time you get to the diner to hit on the waitresses .

Quote Originally Posted by asurfaholic View Post

Planned obsolescence. These new vehicles cost more than my mobile home did 25 years ago. My wages have not gone up in comparison. How are we supposed to afford this planned obsolescence when price vs wage disparity becomes more and more of an issue?

-----

Quote Originally Posted by goldenequity View Post
    Think of all the jobs this will create at the other manufacturers!! Genius!
    Broken Window Fallacy!

I believe you know what that means, but not everyone does...
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

I never towed anything with an SUV . Nor would I buy one with that purpose in mind . I have a full size truck for that . Watch out riding with Danke , he will put that bucket of chum in the Ford SUV and you will smell like it by the time you get to the diner to hit on the waitresses .

Squaws don't mind the smell.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Planned obsolescence. These new vehicles cost more than my mobile home did 25 years ago. My wages have not gone up in comparison. How are we supposed to afford this planned obsolescence when price vs wage disparity becomes more and more of an issue?
    Don't worry. This brave new world of global trading means everything is cheaper. Who needs craftmanship when you can just buy something for cheap every coupla years? Cheapmanship over craftsmanship anyday!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Don't dick around with all that 'puter controlled BS, get a tow vehicle that'll appreciate in value;

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Don't dick around with all that 'puter controlled BS, get a tow vehicle that'll appreciate in value;

If I ever win a Powerball I've just found something new for my wish list.

The Ford SUV never been an impressive vehicle at all .
    B.S. Both the Ford Bronco and Bronco II were great SUVs. The explorers when they came out were pretty darn nice as well. I got over 350k out of both my BroncoII and Explorer. And they were both running when I gave them away.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    B.S. Both the Ford Bronco and Bronco II were great SUVs. The explorers when they came out were pretty darn nice as well. I got over 350k out of both my BroncoII and Explorer. And they were both running when I gave them away.
    Ya , I was not really counting Broncos or Blazers . Most people would have little experience with those . Yes they were much better . What is out there now are just cars/vans with bigger price tags .

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I can see it coming already. Just wait until trucks are required to be registered to a business instead of individuals. Business use only for those gas guzzlers!
    Then they will charge more for the truck plate .
    Do something Danke

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I've never owned a Bronco but have driven/ridden in some. I was impressed. I had a International Scout that went anywhere I wanted it to. Some of the places I probably shouldn't have, but it did. Never should have gotten rid of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast